• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#161 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:25 PM

Re-reading the last 100 chapters of the story and I can't help but reiterate how terrible a character Kaguya is  :lolxg:

• Narubi and trafalgarlawisop like this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#162 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:52 PM

Re-reading the last 100 chapters of the story and I can't help but reiterate how terrible a character Kaguya is  :lolxg:

True, but her only saving grace is that she didn't hog that much screen time up unlike most other shitty characters like Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura and Obito.
  • Ace1225 likes this

#163 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:31 PM

Worse than Obito?
  • Ace1225 likes this

#164 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,733 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:53 PM

madra vs obito vs kaguya for shitty characters

• Ace1225 likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#165 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:25 PM

Worse than Obito?

E9Mp2wb.gif

Damn, that's tough. I'm sure some of you guys remember one or two of those long rants I used to do on how badly Obito's character was handled and reading the long finale of the 4th Shinobi War hasn't made him any better in my eyes. I think that I can probably criticize Obito more and give more...appropriate ways that his character could have been used or at least not been as annoying as he was. Kaguya, however, might still win the worse of the two because I just find her character to be so pointless. Say what you want about Obito, but he served a major purpose within the story and had a long trail of buildup as the Big Bad/final villain of the series. There's a reason he's dueling for that role with Madara once you hit the final hundred chapters. Even before his true role in Akatsuki was revealed, Tobi was around as a character and there was clearly something going on with him. While you could make a solid argument that Tobi didn't need to be Obito, I think that Tobi/False Madara is still pretty crucial to the story itself, specifically in regards to Sasuke's further descent and the start of the 4th War. Then you've got Kaguya.

Kaguya is never once mentioned in a story that is 700 chapters until chapter 646, which is when Juubi Obito starts to summon the God Tree and Madara tells Hashirama about Kaguya's connection to it as the person who first ate its fruit. I mean, what the hell?  :lolxg: The closest thing i've ever seen to something like that was in Digimon Adventure 02 where Myotismon turned out to be the final villain after like zero mention throughout the series (Even as a kid I was turned off by that twist, though it's not quite the same since he's an old villain returning instead of someone brand new and he had been shown to resurrect before, back in Adventure). She has next to no personality, vague connections to the main characters and the current conflict (the latter of which only really stems from that dumb twist with Black Zetsu having manipulated the entire history of the Shinobi World just to resurrect Kaguya), and she doesn't even teach the main characters any lessons that they hadn't already learned previously. Reading these chapters, I now realize that Kaguya's only real purposes are to A)get rid of Madara and Obito as threats for good and, perhaps more importantly, B )extend the series for whatever reason (Perhaps Kishi just wanted to specifically end on Chapter 700) and to, I guess, C) provide a sequel hook since, because she's so damn flat, you never learn, in the main series, what she was creating the White Zetsu for or really why she did anything she was doing (All of which has been picked up in the stories we've gotten since). It's telling that the anime had to go into a brand new arc to try giving her some real characterization, because the manga didn't give her shit.

Baks put it best, Kaguya's only saving grace is how little page/screen time she gets in the grand scheme of things, but it just grates on my nerves regardless, because she's not necessary to the story! You don't need Kaguya. Everything of importance we'd already gotten before her. The Rinnegan? Check. The Uchiha/Senju Conflict? Check. The 4th War? Check. The Juubi? Check. Hell, by the time she makes a real appearance even the Infinite Tsukyomi has been activated. She just feels tacked onto a story that's already done, minus Naruto vs Sasuke, and we don't, in my opinion, even get an interesting fight from her because she doesn't have any clue how to handle a real fight. Her being the Final Villain is just a poor decision to me when Obito and Madara were already on the playing field and you could have even just had the Juubi escape their control and go on a final rampage if you really wanted too (It's not like Kaguya was anymore interesting than that). 

Edited by Ace1225, 03 September 2017 - 10:16 AM.

• Narubi and Chillman like this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#166 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:54 AM

Re-reading the last 100 chapters of the story

Why are you torturing yourself? lol

because she doesn't have any clue how to handle a real fight.

Did she really have to though?

I mean she was power wanking off the charts, that if it wasn't for plain as day obvious plot, she'd have destroyed Kakashi and the others many times over. Not to mention even with handicaps via Kishi's penis; she still had them on the ropes and even beat at times. 

Also aside from her own power. She also had B-Zetsu. Who recorded ... well everything in terms of combats, jutsu's, etc, and was linked up to her mentally. An if we go back to that one thing Jiraiya said way long ago about Rinnegan wielders easily mastering any jutsu, an I believe even aided by Nagato (Naruto C-375 P-11). Well ..... yeah, she was just OP as fuck. 

Which regardless just made the battle not only more horrible, but just plain stupid as well. 

Edited by Narubi, 03 September 2017 - 01:25 PM.

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#167 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:46 PM

Why are you torturing yourself? lol

Did she really have to though?

I mean she was power wanking off the charts, that if it wasn't for plain as day obvious plot, she'd have destroyed Kakashi and the others many times over. Not to mention even with handicaps via Kishi's penis; she still had them on the ropes and even beat at times. 

Also aside from her own power. She also had B-Zetsu. Who recorded ... well everything in terms of combats, jutsu's, etc, and was linked up to her mentally. An if we go back to that one thing Jiraiya said way long ago about Rinnegan wielders easily mastering any jutsu, an I believe even aided by Nagato (Naruto C-375 P-11). Well ..... yeah, she was just OP as fuck. 

Which regardless just made the battle not only more horrible, but just plain stupid as well. 

I did it on a whim.

No, she definitely didn't have to and I completely understand why she sucks so bad at fighting. I was just saying that, because she sucks so bad, the story itself suffers, because she doesn't even have an interesting fight to boost her up or make her presence somewhat worth it. For example, I don't really care much for the Buu Saga in DBZ, but I love SS3 Goku vs Kid Buu. So, even if I thought that the entire Saga was pointless garbage, I would still be able to say that it gave me an entertaining fight. I can't say that for Kaguya's character.

• Narubi likes this

#168 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,203 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:33 PM

I want to say something, but any idea I have really extends past the trifle we were given in the story.

I think it was very obviously set up to extend the series. The only two lead ups were 1) Madara mentioning her story (is that on the fucking tablet? how the hell did he find out about her?) and 2) the Shinju telling Madara to absorb it

What's weird is that Kishi also chose that exact time to dust off the Byakugan and stick it back into the story......why? It's clear you don't like the Hyuuga before and after this decision. So, did he really think bringing that thing back up served a purpose?

There's really nothing else to say about it. It was an obvious ploy that ended us up with 2 half-assed movies and a shitty new series that looks like crap even though the artist has a whole month to draw each chapter.

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#169 Oben

Oben

Most Energetic

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:33 AM

I think he needed a villain that he hadn't already redeemed or was aiming to redeem. Parallel-dimension rabbit served the job because he already decided he liked Obito again and needed a character outside of all the Uchiha-bromances (Madara/Hashirama, Sasuke/Naruto...).

• Chillman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users