• Please log in to reply
625 replies to this topic

#621 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:23 AM

zI figured Gundam Orphans would have a 'bitter-sweet ending' but yeesh. . .one thing that didn't make sense - the major sides were wanted the same thing - Free Mars, getting rid of the Human Debris stigma on orphans and giving them  equality, and reforming Gallahorn so that anyone could join. . .and YET, the leaders three sides who had all that in common tried to kill one another. . .hubris, pride, and ego I guess. . .

Hero Academia?! As if one show filled with every single annoying shounen chlche was bad enough they got to shove another one down our throats? Its bad enough that a high quality show like Ghost in the Shell 2nd GiG is on last and crap like Black Clover is on early but this is getting ridiculous. I thought TOONAMI was for fans of high quality anime and NOT shounen fangirls!

Posted Image

#622 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:51 PM

Black Clover is being moved later in the night, so no big there.

If you ask the people who run Toonami they will just say they are fans of what gets ratings and Shounen gets them ratings, which is why the block is saturated with it. At least My Hero isn't a long slog like most of the others, and has better material to work with compared to the show that no one wanted, Black Clover.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#623 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:45 AM

Yaaaaayyy!!!

#624 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:22 PM

Vl731 - The original purpose of Toonami was to air the kind of stuff that would normally be censored in terms of violence and swearing. That's why when One Piece was on, it was never the watered down 4Kids Version. The people currently running Toonami seemed to have forgotten that.

Reason why Hunter x Hunter works is because it isn't just another shounen cliché rehash.

Posted Image

#625 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:30 PM

Vl731 - The original purpose of Toonami was to air the kind of stuff that would normally be censored in terms of violence and swearing. That's why when One Piece was on, it was never the watered down 4Kids Version. The people currently running Toonami seemed to have forgotten that.

Reason why Hunter x Hunter works is because it isn't just another shounen cliché rehash.

toonami's "mission statement" was supposed to be airing quality action cartoons. Nothing about uncensored etc. That's just what people expect from them since they are on Adult Swim. And the reason One Piece wasn't the 4Kids version on this new Toonami is because 4Kids no longer produces One Piece, Funimation does. THAT is the sole reason why it wasn't the "watered down" version. Nothing else. The people currently running Toonami are the same ones who did it when it was on CN and when Toonami came back on AS.

So I really don't know why you wanted to single me out with this statemen, is it because I called majority of the block "How to write shonen 101"?  Because that really is most of the block atm. With the only exceptions being hold overs from AS and Meh original series like Space Dandy, which wouldn't even be on the block had it not been for the main person behind it.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#626 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:43 AM

I just want some sanity back on Toonami. Leave the bat-sh!t craziness to the rest of Adult Swim.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users