110 replies to this topic

#81 Neder

Neder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFloating

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:23 AM

While we are at it here is already the new chapter.

Was looking forward for such a chapter.

Spoiler

Edited by Neder, 08 May 2015 - 07:24 AM.

• Petite Fleur and Lone_ant like this

#82 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:46 AM

Yup, first ending was recycled for this. I think I like this better. Damn, Mars is one blood soaked planet right from the very start. Not that Earth is any better... I guess all of them planets had sad histories.

Phase of transition maybe alluding to the changes that happened to Alita due to forced re-entry and amnesia. She's certainly NOT Yoko. And damn,.. Erika is messed up, poor kid.

#83 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:54 AM

I like Quantumancy as if it's its own brand of magic, like hydromancy.

Was looking forward for such a chapter.

Spoiler

http://en.wikipedia....hase_transition

I'm assuming they're referring to Alita's transcendental nature, and how she can appear in cyberworld, the human world, and gets things like the quantum generator. Also how she's capable of transcending hardships with each new phase of her life, from her first body on earth to the berserker, and so on.

If they're using phase transition for symbolism and not literally, the "by process of heat" bit could be a "forged in fire" thing and refer to her changes in self, and transcendental nature, to be a direct result of hardship.

Yup, first ending was recycled for this. I think I like this better. Damn, Mars is one blood soaked planet right from the very start. Not that Earth is any better... I guess all of them planets had sad histories.

That said, the first ending isn't terrible as an idea, as we can see at the end of Last Order. It's just not great when it's rushed and loses all of its foundation.

@Neder

@Lone_ant

@MattC302

@beakedbard

@Tale

@Relinquisher

• Lone_ant likes this

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#84 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:56 AM

Sad thing is, these guys who keep relying on quantum prophecies lock themselves to them instead of thinking there are any other paths, better paths. Arthur's wife was right.

#85 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:59 AM

Sad thing is, these guys who keep relying on quantum prophecies lock themselves to them instead of thinking there are any other paths, better paths. Arthur's wife was right.

It's a take on religion in Battle Angel Alita, to a degree. Not that it's being critical of it, but it's using the idea of faith and fate within it.

Their quantum prophecies are regarded so highly in the same way that the apocalypse in, say, Catholicism is regarded in real life. I doubt people think you can fundamentally change the event, or change it even in a minor way, should you be alive when it happens.

It is fated and inevitable, much like their quantum prophecies. To contradict such is to undermine a belief that is instrumental to ones existence. For an atheist, imagine waking up as a brain in a vat, and learning that all of your experiences have been simulated and everything you've ever known is a lie.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#86 Neder

Neder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFloating

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:46 PM

I'm assuming they're referring to Alita's transcendental nature, and how she can appear in cyberworld, the human world, and gets things like the quantum generator. Also how she's capable of transcending hardships with each new phase of her life, from her first body on earth to the berserker, and so on.

My first thought were into the planetary direction with Mars in general. Since the danger of conflicts for livable space was brought up this chapter (also the wars despite the canopy). Still had the thought with Ninon's "destiny by god" to become queen of Mars in mind.

But I like that more what you pointed out. Almost forgot about all the talk in the "cyberworld" between Alita and Melchizedek and Zeus. IIRC that cyberworld was also where they had access to the those karma streams, which has always been a central point also with Nova's talk about karma.

I wonder what's up with the oracles since Alita/they are supposed to be the 13th oracle (talking about karma with that number), so what's up with the other 12? Predecessors? Maybe that's where Yoko/Alita's brain comes from, for whatever reason she can't remember anything though.

What I was actually wondering is if these Säulen needs to be maintained? The Gärtner said that the doc was too old to be used and thus younger humans are preferred. So does the life span affect the Säule and after some time another human is needed to keep it up? Like a gardener that waters his flowers, here just... with blood. :) Hah, no matter how advanced you are technologically, human sacrifices always are a thing!

Edited by Neder, 08 May 2015 - 12:47 PM.

#87 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:10 PM

I wonder what's up with the oracles since Alita/they are supposed to be the 13th oracle (talking about karma with that number), so what's up with the other 12? Predecessors? Maybe that's where Yoko/Alita's brain comes from, for whatever reason she can't remember anything though.

I believe it's the 13th oracle speaking of Alita, so they aren't the same person.

But I like that more what you pointed out. Almost forgot about all the talk in the "cyberworld" between Alita and Melchizedek and Zeus. IIRC that cyberworld was also where they had access to the those karma streams, which has always been a central point also with Nova's talk about karma.

More then that, overcoming Karma Dynamics is the point of Nova's theorem. It's possible that his personality played into others fates, or he's legitimately rescued people from their fates, such as Zapan or Ido and that Alita is the only person capable of directly changing her own fate. It might not even be a special, unique ability either, but a unique circumstance, or near unique anyways, given that there are now two Alita's.

The only other person that would, in that theory, be capable of changing fate directly for themselves would be Desty Nova. Thus, the two become the greatest rivals and stick true to form for Battle Angel Alita, where antagonists are built up alongside protagonists.

What I was actually wondering is if these Säulen needs to be maintained? The Gärtner said that the doc was too old to be used and thus younger humans are preferred. So does the life span affect the Säule and after some time another human is needed to keep it up? Like a gardener that waters his flowers, here just... with blood. :) Hah, no matter how advanced you are technologically, human sacrifices always are a thing!

Depends on how much the Saule preserves the host, I guess. It might be that older people are harder to preserve and keep the necessities in stock, but it can immortalize younger people inside of it, and pull infinitely from them?

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#88 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:00 PM

http://bato.to/read/...am-pixie-dust/1

Spoiler

• Red Haired Shanks likes this

#89 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:26 AM

Desty Nova.

or in other words, Nova Desty / DestyN Nova

Nova Destiny/ Destiny Nova

New Destiny!/ Destiny New!

I just got that. After reading so long D: /facepalm

Edited by Lone_ant, 09 June 2015 - 12:27 AM.

#90 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:55 AM

Lone Ant is right. It's the first time we need a flashback, because they left us hanging.

If they are indeed planning more flashbacks it was a good choice though, to show us first a glimpse from the present before things get tedious.

Anyway, this chapter was epic!! We finally see Erica and we even got to see Caerula again. I wonder who is the strongest in Alita's world right now?

I bet for some inexplicable reason, Alita still can't beat either of them although she has nuclear powers. lol

PS: Erica is also a cyborg?? I mean how else can still be alive and young? Also what she meant by saying plasma attacks and the berserker armour is the armour the kindergärtner  Sachs used to have ? :P

Edited by Red Haired Shanks, 09 June 2015 - 05:57 AM.

#91 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:11 AM

If you're talking about one single entity, then previously I'd definitely say Don Fua. Don't think Erika could touch him if he fought seriously... literally.

Now that he's gone though, probably whoever is above Erika in the totem pole. She's not the type to have gone against Alita without some external conviction pushing her...

P.S. Don't think Alita can live through a tacrical nuke.. she's cyborg, and thus vastly more durable than a human body (which Caerulia's body pretty much is compared to all these transhumans), but she's not THAT durable. A lot of her defense is dodging /redirecting attacks.. part of it is the imaginos body not being imagined as durable as can be (A lot of her opponents had higher specs durability wise than her)

Anyway I digress in a situation where Caerulia's in a ZoT fight with a suicidal robot with a high yield tactical nuke.. then she's probably going to be reduced to mummy form and thus easily killed. But Caerulia's not the type of person who would get into those situations in the first place... that's one of the main aspects of her strength as a fighter.

So Alita isn't going to defeat Caerulia with something like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if she manages to surpass her later on.

#92 Neder

Neder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFloating

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:18 AM

Ah, it's finally uploaded. From the past to the future, skipping the presence, eh? Wasn't expecting the story jumping three years ahead. I have the feeling all the questions just doubled with this chapter. I though Alita headed straght to Mars, not to Venus at the end of LO.

It was cool to see Mars' surface on the color page, it looks quite developed with some lakes/seas despite all the desert/wasteland.

So the Neo Third Reich guys just disappeared after being such a problem back then in LO and considering how Erika avoided Alita's question it basically seems she is still in league with them. Damn, I want to know what turned Yoko and Erika so hostile to each other before they parted.

PS: Erica is also a cyborg?? I mean how else can still be alive and young? Also what she meant by saying plasma attacks and the berserker armour is the armour the kindergärtner  Sachs used to have ? :P

Well, she hid and fired a bullet with her mouth. Reminded me of the sonic finger sidestory in part one, that guy that could shoot bullets with his fingers at lethal speed, which was only possible with cyborg hands. However if you look at her both hands (since she had one mechanical hand anyway) you can also see that her fingers have mechanical joints like Alita.

Edited by Neder, 09 June 2015 - 08:20 AM.

#93 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:21 AM

Panzerkunst is a martial art that's made with the cyborg body in mind, so yeah, Erika's been a cyborg for quite a while probably.

#94 Neder

Neder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFloating

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:36 AM

Panzerkunst is a martial art that's made with the cyborg body in mind, so yeah, Erika's been a cyborg for quite a while probably.

Yep, although somehow I had it in mind that it was meant for combat against cyborgs. Not that it matters since all users are cyborgs themselves.

Found Shanks' question in regards to Erika interesting though, since Caerula called her Einherja, who are basically warriors that have fallen in battle just to get prepared in Valhalla with more fighting for the fight in Ragnarök. Maybe she has fallen at some point and was brought back with more cyborg features than before. Kind of wonder what is up with that and if this is a particular Künstler group or just one mixed elite unit or whatever.

Btw where did we met this Zappa guy again? That guy who is now a big deal on these asteroids.

Edited by Neder, 09 June 2015 - 08:41 AM.

#95 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:54 AM

He was in a flash back of the Psychic clown guy (he was an orphan from the orphanage) from the same batch as Zappa guy. Zappa was only mentioned in passing there.

I don't think the Einherjar are specifically a Panzerkunst group.. primarily because it's so... Skandinavian. I've been having subtle "Master Race" vibe from Panzerkunst (well, not specifically Nazi.. just this feeling of elitism particularly their school's traditions and methods) so I don't think they're going to veer away from their theme just like that.

Einherjar though could refer to warriors gathered from all over... so there might be more Panzerkunstlers but also fighters from different disciplines.. working under the D guy that Caerula mentioned.

#96 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:28 AM

Nice theory dude!

• Lone_ant likes this

#97 Neder

Neder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFloating

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:56 PM

Credit goes to someone else from another site, but I thought it was a nice find:

Spoiler

That was a cover from the first part, so it seems that the addition of Danko was planned way earlier (or at least the concept). Makes me more interested in the Venus backstory.

Edited by Neder, 11 June 2015 - 05:57 PM.

• Red Haired Shanks and Lone_ant like this

#98 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:29 PM

That cover was otherworldly!! I love the current "modern" design of Alita but the old one is something else that I can't quite find the correct words to explain it..

Edited by Red Haired Shanks, 11 June 2015 - 09:29 PM.

#99 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:01 AM

Spoiler

Edited by Lone_ant, 26 June 2015 - 07:45 PM.

#100 Neder

Neder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFloating

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:36 AM

Lone ant, I think you posted the wrong link. :D

Here the new chapter

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users