Damn, this and JoE's QTs... the nostalgia is powerful.
Alright, here we go:
1. First and Current Impressions?
2. Describe your evolution as Petite_Fleur of OMF: From beginning (why did you join, what was your "role" as intended by yourself and perceived by others), all the way to the present.
3. Likewise, describe your evolution as my friend whose name won't be mentioned in public (I still remember I almost screwed that up last time ), from your joining on OMF, to the present. Be as detailed or secretive as you want, of course.
4. How do you feel now that it's been almost a year of writing semi-regularly and posting it publically to everyone? Be as expressive as you can.
5. What do you think about our Skype groups/OMF community in, say, 5 years? What do you think we can do to stop or encourage that, if at all possible?
6. Favorite threads/moments on OMF?
7. Favorite moments/conversations with your Skype peoples?
1. First: Probably thought you were pretty cool. I don't even remember.
Current: Well, you're still one of my closest friends. Like, you're a pretty solid dude all things considered.
2/3. I came here for a lot reasons. I've told many people different parts of the story, but I don't think I've ever sat down and told the whole thing.
4. I am depressed and lazy and suffer from writers block. It's usually one or the other, so my release schedule is slow. I'm still very uncomfortable with posting things publicly, mind you. It's some comfort to feel like I know a bunch about writing, at least in relation to others as debating has taught me that most members here don't understand writing, so I feel like I have some grasp of it. It's also nice to feel like I'm improving with grammar, considering I don't know complex grammar(this is also a long story).
5. I think it'll fall into new phases on OMF. People come and go and everyone gets nostalgic, but I'm from a new group of posters (Punk Hazard, Rifle and I all share a join date actually, and we were all initially famous for our suddenly huge post counts) myself, so I'm sort of proof that change isn't a bad thing. I think we'll have transitioned through several of these phases, especially with the growth of manga popularity and possibly two, and at least one, of the Big Three ending within the next five years.
As for our group? We'll have new members, I think, and a bunch of people who have less time for it, and people with more time. The activity, for the most part, will fluctuate. I don't, though, see people leaving it forever. I'd like to think we matter to each other more than that.
6. Hilariously, every time I haven't been debating. Conversations, games, role playing, chatting to people - mafia games especially - are really fun. Debating is cool, but it's also time consuming and engaging. I don't take fun from doing it, I take more fun from discussing ideas. Just, people don't really do that.
My favorite moments, though, would be...
Killing Skillz in the DC mafia game with a batman gambit ranks up there.
Dueling Taichi on 2.0 in the game section and then AYAME coming up and going "really?"
My PM with koko was really cool too, because we were both just basically performing CPR on the conversation for the longest time.
The jokes in the OP section that we'd all get infractions for.
Every conversation I've ever had with Ganderath has been hilarious.
Before the gmail group, too, when Zero and GM and Gandy and I were not a posse, but we were the only people that could keep up with the craziness that was Gangy's whims. It was a cool sort of friendship based on madness.
That's all I gots.
7. Anytime I've ever been in a call has been a favorite moment. Yes, even if the call was one on one.
I'll have to come up with more later, but for now..
First and current impressions of me?
First: I don't know who you are
Current: Oh! You're a pretty cool dude. A solid gamer, without having your head up your ass about it. Way too nice, but I blame all that pretty environment around where you live.
7) And what is that? o.o
So it's working.
Charcoal charbroiled tri-tip brisket marinated in mustard and seaoned with garlic salt and pepper.
If you had your own personal clown that you could use for your amusement, what would you have them do on a daily basis?
I'd have them read stories. I actually spend most of my day listening to music or videos where people talk or whatever. It comforts me. so the clown would play videos games with me or just talk.
1. You probably know the the common question/taunt that if a tree falls in the forest, and nobody is around to hear it, there might not be a sound. That is not the question here. The question is: Is there a tree?
2. Any opinion on international (political) relations?
3. First and Current Impressions?
2. Yes. I don't like talking politics.
3. First: You have the scariest avatar and you're a solid poster.
Current: You're still a solid poster and I miss that scary avatar.
1) 5 top tips for a happy life according to you?
2) How comfortable are you with yourself as a person? Do you think you have more to learn about yourself or have you got yourself figured out?
3) Favourite of life's simple pleasures? As many as you'd like.
4) for the following 24 hours, there is a blanket amnesty towards everyone who commits any crime during that time period. Anything and everything goes for the 24 hours that this amnesty lasts for. Without fear of recrimination, what laws do you think you would break, if any?
5) do you enjoy your own company?
6) aside from I Am Kill Monsters, any other ideas for original fiction?
7) who or what is your creative muse?
8) I don't remember if I did this last time, so, uninspired, I know, but: first/current impressions of me?
9) a piece of advice you've learnt over the course of your life and that like to share with us?
10) if technology progressed enough for humans to legitimately travel across the stars with ease to the extent many stories in the scifi genre portray, and humanity spread out across the stars, colonising planets and the like etc. How do you think humanity would handle contact with some of other theoretically (in this scenario) existing intelligent life forms? Forget about how they'd react to us first, how do you think humanity would handle first contact?
1. A - Clean environment. If you don't hate where you are, you'll feel better.
B - Eat breakfast and drink water in the morning. That burst of morning energy can take you to your next task.
C - Wake up moving. Before anything can settle in and screw you over, get out of bed. If you need incentive, set several alarms, all to replay five minutes for as long as possible, all starting a minute apart. Then set your phone as far away as you can while still hearing it, so you have to get out of bed to stop it. Also change your alarm tone once a week so you don't get used to it.
D - Live for yourself. Not for the expectations of others, or religion - or even death. Do not live with or under the expectations of anyone but yourself. Live, smile, laugh and love on your own terms. Work the job you want, study the subject you want, go to the places you desire. Do not settle for anything less than you.
E - Ask people what's wrong if they're mean to you. Some people are just jerks, and you can ignore them, but a lot of people are just having a bad day. If you let yourself get dragged down, and then enter a cycle where you drag each other down infinitely, you'll just stay in a bad place. Alternatively, if you help them out, you could gain a new friend - someone that could even help you out. Always trade rudeness with kindness.
2. I've figured myself out, but I'm not who I want to be just yet. I'm also, if you read my spoiler above, pretty obviously not comfortable in my own skin. It's taken me a long time to not hate myself, and I'm not quite at the point where I love myself yet.
3. My cat. She's basically me if I was a cat. So she has a lot of quirks that just make me laugh.
That and posting. I like posting, just idly between tasks.
And learning little bits of things. I said in my last QT, but I'll sometimes bait people into explaining some big idea to me so that I could understand it. So lets pretend I don't know anything about Ayn Rand's works. I'd say something against what I could understand of the post to make them clarify their points and explain things. the more condescending they were, the more they type, the more I learn. Then, if nobody contests them, I have somewhat learned something.
Obviously, the more reliable someone is, the better. Like Goddess Nike. She's really cool, but really scary to debate, but I could read all her posts like a school child for days. So long as they're not directed at me.
I still love you <3
I would pirate all of the books and games and movies possible.
6. I spend way too much time creating magic systems in my head. I had one, for example, that worked off of catalysts inside the users body. A body could hold a maximum of five of them, and you could cast spells through them. Each orb could only cast one spell per 24 hours, each spell used in that period would strengthen the next one(so your first spell is the weakest, your fifth is the strongest), and the more you've used a spell overall, the stronger is was(so you could have a signature spell that you use every day.)
That's about as far as I got. Every other idea I've integrated into I Am Kill Monster's structure.
7. The bathroom. I have my best ideas in the bathroom.
8. First: I kept confusing you and Nomann - but you were the distinctly sweeter one.
Current: You're one of the nicest people I've ever met. I look at the little doll you gave me every day, like it's one of the first things I see when I wake up, and whenever I see it I think of you and smile, and hope you're doing well.
You deserve more than you've gotten.
9. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
10. I think the people in charge would be smart enough to have tact. I think humanity itself would be less tactful. We'd be fascinated and afraid, and some of us would be racist, and others would want to be their best friends ever, and some of us would want to study everything about them.
It would go well overall, on humanity's side I think. Just, don't let the Space Internet be reflective of alien's opinions of us, please.