sUP3nUt.jpg?1

“I’m a slow learner, it’s true. But I learn. "

#82 Necrosis

Necrosis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

The last series I watch was the one with Lucemon (who I like).  But aside from that, how are the other series after it?

Posted Image

#83 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

Did anyone else ever play this game as a kid?

Digimonworld3boxart.jpg

I remember it being awesome fun, though it borrowed a lot from Pokemon in terms of battling other humans with digimon, and the fact you got 3 digimon. I never finished it though... I think I lost my memory card.  :(

#84 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,327 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

I beat it 

I had Patamon, Bearmon and Guilmon

Bearmon's ultimate form sucked though.

sUP3nUt.jpg?1

“I’m a slow learner, it’s true. But I learn. "

#85 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

The last series I watch was the one with Lucemon (who I like).  But aside from that, how are the other series after it?

It was interesting... DATS introduced the entire group of Royal Knights and had a mix of adults and teenagers as protagonists rather than kids. They were law enforcement, not Digidestined or chosen ones.

Edited by AndrewR5D4, 16 December 2012 - 11:59 PM.

#86 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

I beat it 

I had Patamon, Bearmon and Guilmon

Bearmon's ultimate form sucked though.

I remember seeing about that... He's not even a bear anymore once he gets to ultimate and mega lol.

I can't remember which pack I used, but I always switched Veemon into the team once I got him cos I liked him.

#87 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

Devimon? The guy was just a minion of the Dark Masters left on File Island to test the Digidestined.

Lucemon was by far the most powerful, being able to kill Megas and frighten the Royal Knights into submission even in his Rookie Form.

Dude you asked about best, nto strongest^^ And forme Devimon was the best villain in the whole series. Even in his defeat he wasn't giving up his awesomeness :D ^^

Favorite Season?

Tamers. Smaller cast, darker plot, Biomerging (concept I'm in love with), and Gallantmon. Hell yes.

Least Favorite?

I'm going to catch SO much backdraft for this, but Adventure 1 with the exception of the Real World Arc. I have a strong tendency to like the sequel series over the original, simply because the groundwork is already laid and they can jump right into the action instead of dragging for an entire arc explaining everything. Also, that stupid STUPID song!

That's not counting Xros Wars, I haven't watched it and I try not to judge things I don't know about.

Favorite villain?

Black. War. Greymon. All the freaking way. Anti-Villain or not, he was still a major antagonist that I really enjoyed.

Second would be Piedmon, I love insane clown villains.

I could smack you so hard for this post -.- <-< but oh well

argh. Everyone liking Tamers so much even so it had the least likeable cast of protagonist and omg that handpuppet girl was so annoying before and after truning into an emo. The characters were so unlikeable and flat to me and every idiot got thrown after wit ha digimon (lol at these two sidekicks who ended up with a digipartner in the end)

Also I hated the biomerge conception so much <-< but dunno why just don't like it. DNA-digivolution is a way mroe awesome concept :D

Yeah, the English version is the only one I watch (I grew up with that version, so having to read subtitles while watching Digimon is just so... alien to me, you know?).

Freaking "Hey Digimon", who decided that was the Epic Battle Theme? They ought to be shot in the ears.

Alright, seriously I thought what's wrong with you for not liking that AWESOMEEEEEEE song^^ man I could hear it liek forever :D (both japanese and german version^^)

Favorite season? Tamers

Least favorite? Season 2

Least Favorite Villain? Myotismon

seriously? -.- Myotismon was so awesome :D (won't continue my rambling on Tamers anymore, it's enough I think)

@Everyone: Your Top 5 Favorite Digimon. Go!

1.) BanchoLeomon

2.) BlackWarGreymon

3.) Angemon

4.) Devimon

5.) Craniamon

How about favorite Megas, Ultimates, Champions, and Rookies... Categorize five for each level.

will post them sometime later today^^

But nothing beats METALGARURUMON X

http://dma.wtw-x.net/DMA/DigimonStands/B...

that truely is awesome^^

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#88 SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Warlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationI'm sorry, I can't hear you over the awesome of my shotgun gauntlets!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

It's not the song itself that makes me hate it,  it's the fact that the producers seemed to think it was appropriate as a grand battle theme and the dissonance annoyed me to the point of wishing horrible things on them.

Yanggif3_zps62f0e097.gif

#89 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

It's not the song itself that makes me hate it,  it's the fact that the producers seemed to think it was appropriate as a grand battle theme and the dissonance annoyed me to the point of wishing horrible things on them.

haha yeah I thin in japan and germany there was a different theme for the battles (which was just as awesome \^o^/ )

• tewwo likes this

Spoiler

#90 SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Warlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

Yeah, unfortunately the English version is likely the only one I'll know. Watching Digimon in another language just doesn't work for me.

Probably because I grew up with it. That's also likely the main reason I like Tamers so much, it came into season when I was about in the 4th Grade or so and became capable of really falling in love with a show like that, hahaha.

Yanggif3_zps62f0e097.gif

#91 tewwo

tewwo

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationKabuki District

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

wait...wait...wait

this ..."song" was a battle theme in the american version?

my sincerest condolences

#92 SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Warlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

Yes, yes it was.

Edited by SliceAndDice, 17 December 2012 - 03:36 AM.

Yanggif3_zps62f0e097.gif

#93 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

Xros wars was okay the first two seasons, then the 3rd part came out and it kind of sucked... But Xros wars did have great epic music, look up We are Xros heart, and We are xros heart ver. X7. And if you don't mind a spoiler for one of the final fights in it...

Spoiler

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#94 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

What about favorite and least favorite reason endings?

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#95 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

I only watched Digimon in English, but I liked the Opening for Digmon Frontier more than the original opening they used in the first 3 series.

#96 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,279 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

I think the only series I watched were 1, 2 and 4.....Man they were awesome

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#97 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

I watched all seasons in german (except Xcross wars, since it isn't out in german yet, though I watched a few in japanese with sub) and luckily the german themes are always very close to the original and awesome (same with the Teenage Mutant Ninja (Hero) Turtles^^)

oh here german, battle theme (ut's so awesome *_*)  (title is we will win)

Edited by Raiden, 18 December 2012 - 10:04 AM.

• tewwo likes this

Spoiler

#98 itano123

itano123

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • Locationin the middle of bloodshed, tainted crimson

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

god i loved digimon... watched every season except Xcross, and it is the only anime i am able to get my mates who don't like anime to watch...using childhood memories to reel people in.... and i have only watched them in english, except for i think half of Data squad....that series sucked... because Marcus didn't have goggles  

Edited by itano123, 18 December 2012 - 11:51 AM.

kizunasigsupah_zpsdce21450.png
credit goes to Raijuu for combining a fav char with a fav drink 

"all of itano's characters have at least one mental disorder. Even if it's not literally a mental disorder; itano takes it to extremes which practically functions as a mental disorder."

Wise words by wise women.... and a not so wise man

Spoiler

#99 tewwo

tewwo

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationKabuki District

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

I watched all seasons in german (except Xcross wars, since it isn't out in german yet, though I watched a few in japanese with sub) and luckily the german themes are always very close to the original and awesome (same with the Teenage Mutant Ninja (Hero) Turtles^^)

oh here german, battle theme (ut's so awesome *_*)  (title is we will win)

nice... another one, who is crazy about german digimon themes^^

ok guys, next topic....

the first digimon movie: bad or really bad? :D

#100 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

the first, wasn't that the one where MetalGarurumon and WarGreymon used DNA-digivolution to Omegamon ? That one I actually found pretty good^^

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users