masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 06:18 PM

I'm confused on the timeline.

how so?

In Tri Tai was finishing highschool and now he has finished college, right? Considering TK and Kari are finishing he and Matt and co. must already be done.

#1602 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 11 February 2020 - 09:36 PM

how so?

In Tri Tai was finishing highschool and now he has finished college, right? Considering TK and Kari are finishing he and Matt and co. must already be done.

has he finished college (like in going to university?)? I don't think so. In "to Sora" she said that Matt was finalyl choosing what he wants to study.

I also quite liked the Short "To Sora", was nice and I'm quite hyped now for the last Digimon Adventure Movie. I bet it will leave me with some tears...

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#1603 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:56 PM

has he finished college (like in going to university?)? I don't think so. In "to Sora" she said that Matt was finalyl choosing what he wants to study.

I also quite liked the Short "To Sora", was nice and I'm quite hyped now for the last Digimon Adventure Movie. I bet it will leave me with some tears...

But TK and Kari are for sure finishing Highschool right? So Tai and Matt have to be in College (sorry, I'm portuguese, for me College and University are the same)

#1604 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:06 AM

But TK and Kari are for sure finishing Highschool right? So Tai and Matt have to be in College (sorry, I'm portuguese, for me College and University are the same)

yeah TK and Kari are finishign Highschool and for me College and University is the same too ^^ wasn't sure if there is a difference for some people. But you said Tai was finishing College what confused me.

Spoiler

#1605 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Location6th Layer of the Abyss

Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:47 PM

Recently marathoned through Digimon Adventure Tri and must say, that I really enjoyed that trip into the past, even if the 5th part was by far the weakest of the bunch. The new Mega-levels were nice to see (especially HerculesKabuterimon, which looks utterly badass^^) and, while lacking character development to speak of, the addition of Meicumon and Mei did actually make sense for the most part. Although it could have been handled better, e.g. showing more of their past and explaining why they, unlike the other destined children, didn't enter the Digiworld or giving Meicumon more lines that don't simply consist of MEI, MEI or Dan-Dan in all their variants.  Powerscaling is also a field best left untouched - if Patamon or Salamon can temporarilly stop Boss-Monsters like Metaldramon, then there's something off

If I had to rank them, I'd place the third part at the top, with 1 and 4 right behind - then 2 and 6 afterwards and ultimately with part 5 at the bottom.

• Raiden and masterbio like this

Official member of the Killer Kick Course SquadTM courtesy by Arsonist Joe

currently reading:

Made in Abyss, Jagaaaaan, We never learn!, Jigokuraku, Arslan Senki, One Punch-Man, Vinland Saga, Otoyomegatari

and a lot more

#1606 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:17 PM

For me 4 has to be the last, but for a very specific reason: Patamon digivolution.

Patamon's evolutions were always the most special. He was the last to reach champion against Devimon, died there, the second time he did it was only during the final battle against Myostismon, and then the super evolution was when all the children were lost and the only think that TK had left was hope against Piedmon.

When Patamon evolved you knew shit was about to go down.

In episode 4 of Tri it's literally like this:

- Hey TK, can I also digivolve?

- Sure Patamon

*Patamon digivolves into ultra*

It was really weak for me...

I've heard Kizuma is out in Japan already, but I can't catch anywhere :(

#1607 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Location6th Layer of the Abyss

Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:29 PM

True enough - given his track record, Seraphimon alone should have been enough to deal with Metaldramon and be able to do a lot more during the fight against Ordinemon, since he was up against his favoured enemy type. Given how Gatomon played a crucial role in 5 and 6, it would also have made sense for him as her counterpart to play a more central role - and not to be sidelined while he and TK watched over Kari.

Official member of the Killer Kick Course SquadTM courtesy by Arsonist Joe

currently reading:

Made in Abyss, Jagaaaaan, We never learn!, Jigokuraku, Arslan Senki, One Punch-Man, Vinland Saga, Otoyomegatari

and a lot more

#1608 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 07:46 AM

Trailer for the new Digimon Anime series!

https://www.youtube....ature=emb_title

We going back in time. It looks pretty cool so far and April 5th isn't that far away.

• Abu Dun likes this

Spoiler

#1609 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 02:53 PM

Trailer for the new Digimon Anime series!

https://www.youtube....ature=emb_title

We going back in time. It looks pretty cool so far and April 5th isn't that far away.

So. many. mixed. feelings.

I love to see more of Adventure, but a Reboot wasn't what I had in mind.

And the original series holds a special place in my heart. I love all the characters, their amazing character growth related to their crests, the villains, the sacrifices, and more importantly the soundtrack.

I'm really scared about this...

AND I STILL CAN'T FIND KIZUMA ANYWHERE :(

• Raiden likes this

#1610 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 10:57 AM

So. many. mixed. feelings.

I love to see more of Adventure, but a Reboot wasn't what I had in mind.

And the original series holds a special place in my heart. I love all the characters, their amazing character growth related to their crests, the villains, the sacrifices, and more importantly the soundtrack.

I'm really scared about this...

AND I STILL CAN'T FIND KIZUMA ANYWHERE :(

Only thing that needs to be rebooted/retconned is for Kari and TK to get together. I loved the first three series because these kids were thrown into real life situations that could affect anyone regardless of age. From seeing a loved one die in front of your eyes(Leomon/Wizardmon) to mental abuse(Juri in Tamers) to yes, even attempted suicide

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users