Photo

Question Time with Damanos

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Question Time with Damanos (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Who should we question next?

1. Archshot (3 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

2. YoWid (3 votes [2.94%])

3. Echo (4 votes [3.92%])

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

4. BG9 (2 votes [1.96%])

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

5. Relinquisher (6 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

6. Gnag (7 votes [6.86%])

Percentage of vote: 6.86%

7. Makaze (5 votes [4.90%])

Percentage of vote: 4.90%

8. kirstenn:) (6 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

9. Meadow1 (3 votes [2.94%])

10. Raiden (8 votes [7.84%])

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

11. God Mode (13 votes [12.75%])

Percentage of vote: 12.75%

12. DrugzRule (5 votes [4.90%])

Percentage of vote: 4.90%

13. azer_moli (9 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

14. Godpachi (7 votes [6.86%])

Percentage of vote: 6.86%

15. ZCOverload (8 votes [7.84%])

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

16. Metal Heart (4 votes [3.92%])

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

17. Goddess Nike (9 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:50 AM

He With Massively Varying Taste

Can't help. I have the ability to see good things in different types of people. As Jiraiya said, ''we should try to understand each other''. :meditate:  I downloaded everything available in English of Railgun cause DEW's hyped words really make me want to read it so expect me to come in the Fanclub thread in near future and leave either completely-identical-to-yours or left-field opinions :hurr:

I can't promise there isn't a Starrk and Lilynette situation though.

That would make sense. I thought you two did fusion dance or something cause I never see you two have different opinions. Exactly the same to be honest, from favorite characters to how stories should be written etc. :xD:  Though Plasma seems to read more stuffs like SnK and more tolerant about many things (which, IIRC, is the reason I saw God Mode said his taste had problem or something along that line).

Shin Angyo Onshi
Full Metal Alchemist
Hellsing
Yu Yu Hakusho
Railgun - Potential to rise higher, but the Misaki levels in the last arc didn't do it any favors.
Deadman Wonderland
Soul Eater - Until the Salvage arc

Nice list. Only Deadman Wonderland I have not read but it's on my to-read list. To think Yu Yu Hakusho would be there (Kurama is my no.2 after Gin FYI)...you should read HxH next :isee:

I cook sometimes, but a lot of the time I'm too lazy. Unless you count simple stuff like pasta as cooking. Favorite dish is a tossup. As for what I can make, I'm a fairly decent cook if I say so myself. I can cook a fair amount of Italian dishes and deserts if I have the stuff for it.

Same...I'm best at Italian food (then my home country's dishes :xD:)

Heh, this kinda sums up perfectly my taste and your taste in manga. Very similar but there are still differences. Guess I'm not Plasma-level yet :P

Btw, of course pasta is cooking...It's a large part of Italian cuisine :<_<:

However, in my Bleach, the captains would find themselves outmatched as well and the Espada would require a team effort from the captains and the nakama they had shown up to "save" to defeat.

If they are really all Vasto Lorde. That makes the captains look bad but I guess that's the whole point of the difference between you and Kubo :lmao:

Crocodile eventually kills Blackbeard

if you mean through fair fighting then you have an even more optimistic mind than the Croc's fan in me...My hope only goes as far as post-TS Croc is admiral level

If Kamachi of Raildex counts, he works on character designs, but is not allowed any say in how the characters are used.

I thought you guys praised Railgun a lot about its character development or something

replace him with Kouta Hirano under the threat that he doesn't get to eat if he tries to work at his usual pace.

LOL monthly chapter that has the same amount of pages as a weekly chapter. I'm baffled, too :banghead:  Luckily I only read Hellsing after it finished. Currently Drifters is better in that aspect, though.

Shin Angyo Onshi, relatively unknown manwha. It has a darker toned setting, but it's done right and doesn't go overly grimdark. Has some really good characters and a rare instance of an MC who's actually one of if not the best character. Has pretty good pacing, and the only real flaw is that the final arc is a tad rushed in my opinion.

So true. If it had been 1-2 volumes longer to give Chun Hyang and co some real fights against those warriors that Aji Tae revived and explore more of Aji Tae's motive, race and background then it would have been perfect, both in action and characterization, 10/10ness. I feel Aji Tae's quite lacking as a villain. His break down is much worse than Aizen...

That ends my comment. Now the 2nd round of question begins:

Hmm. Manga only? Maybe Aizen, he'd be pretty interesting to spend time with. But then again, you didn't specify that I couldn't sleep with the character like I did with DEW's question in order to prevent obvious answers based on that...

...Yeah, still Aizen.

So if you can pick a character in manga to sleep with (not literal sleeping, you know) then who would it be? Your no.1 waifu, I mean.

If you sleep with Aizen, how are you going to fend off Momo's rage?

7. Do you find it weird that Anderson can store so many bayonets inside his coat? I waited for a revelation that he had dimensional ability the whole time I read Hellsing but nothing like that showed up...

Is there any other manga that you think Anderson would fit in well, if not perfectly?

8. Your top 5 JRPGs and top 5 Western RPGs? Compare and contrast (maybe using your top5) what JRPG and WesternRPG do well and badly in terms of storyline, culture, combat system etc. every aspects you can think of.

9. I prefer beat'em up to turn-based because it gives me a sense of real-life fighting. For example, in your opinion, if Persona (3 till Golden) is remade into beat'em up, what would change (aside from the obvious fact that it is now beat'em up)? How would you make it into beat'em up and still keep most of the good things?

10. F/C Impression?

Edited by Fulmine, 04 July 2014 - 03:54 AM.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#22 God Mode

God Mode

So Lel :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,573 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:07 AM

Fulmine you just asked like 15 questions and numbered them so it didn't break the rules.

#23 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:55 AM

Fulmine you just asked like 15 questions and numbered them so it didn't break the rules.

Cause they are related, like ''Can you cook? What's your best dish?'' sort of thing. I always did that actually there were people did that before me so I followed them.

The stuffs above that are just my comment about his answer, not really questions, though.

But I guess some is kinda long. I will cut some off then. :blush:

#24 Makaze

Makaze

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

I love how they all have extravagant names except for mine.

6. Why is that?
7. What lie do you most regret telling?
8. What lie to you least regret telling?
I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

ibdl7kCi5PMto4.png
τη καλλίστη | Fallacious | Technical | BBCode Editor

#25 m1hawkgsm

m1hawkgsm

Forum Mathematiquè & Reduntarian

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

1. How have you changed from the first time you came to OMF till now? Answer as both an OMFer and as a person.

2. You're taken to Tokyo, New York City, and Paris. What would you do in each city?

3. What role would you have if you enlisted in the military?

4. What is the future of the Bro, in say, 20 years?

5. F/C Impressions.

6. What is the highest level of AI you think we'll acheive within a century?

7. Discuss the ethics of being able to modify a person's personality, should we be able to do that (via surgery, drugs, genetic changes, etc.).

D9wwdJt.jpg

#26 Damanos

Damanos

Owner of DEW's soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

Spoiler The Fangirl Of One Of The Only Unruined Naruto Characters

Spoiler Soi Fon's Biggest Fan and Harshest Critic

Spoiler The Queen

Spoiler The One I Shamelessly Stole This Format From

Spoiler The One With Potential

Spoiler Clyde

Spoiler That Guy Who Tale Possessed

Spoiler The One Who Apparently Isn't Wrong About The Next Nakama

Spoiler The Shinker

TwjBrPX.png

#27 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

if you could have one ablility from each of your favourite villains which ones would they be?

what mundane way would you use them in?

what's the longest you have procastinated?

Short or long hair? :hurr:

first/current impressions ?

#28 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

Clyde

[insert joke about Clyde's mannerisms/opinions/habits]

Amirite?  :rly:

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#29 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:22 AM

I have no idea other than us having a lot of similar Bleach related opinions

definitely not just Bleach, LOL.

#30 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:45 PM

1. Say your school starts a "big sibling" program, and you're assigned to this bratty kid. How would you go about turning him bro?

2. Taking attributes from characters spanning any form of media, what would be your ideal villain (the traits must come from villains)? 

3. Is it more bro to die in order to save a bro, or to instead accept that bro's offer to die for you? Explain in detail, if possible.

4. Favorite inspirational quotes from real-life figures?

5. What do you expect from Star Wars Episode VII, and what do you wish to see (if anything at all)?

No rush, or anything; I know you're probably massively lazy busy, and I'm sure I could guess most of the answers.  :lmao:

definitely not just Bleach, LOL.

Bro characters and Palpatine are pretty popular in general, you know. :lmao:  

Edited by PlasmaWolf, 05 July 2014 - 10:45 PM.

6OINMKs.png

"Akogare wa rikai kara mottomo tooi kanjou da yo." — Aizen Sousuke

[Credit to the original Sage!]

#31 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:36 PM

Bro characters and Palpatine are pretty popular in general, you know. :lmao:

Still, to like the exact same broes, have the exact same opinions of what the authors should do to them etc. plus even non-bro characters like Anderson, Aizen, Enel and Gin are mutually liked by both of you and other stuffs like liking lightning abilities...and then definitely not ''a lot of'' but rather ''all''. ''Similar''? Nah, more like ''identical'' to me.

You two must be a Starrk-Lylynette case of real life. Or same person but somehow successfully pull off this lie about being 2 people (must be why Damanos is very enigmatic. You must hide one when the other is already out in public) or you two have already fused or something.

#32 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

Still, to like the exact same broes, have the exact same opinions of what the authors should do to them etc. plus even non-bro characters like Anderson, Aizen, Enel and Gin are mutually liked by both of you and other stuffs like liking lightning abilities...and then definitely not ''a lot of'' but rather ''all''. ''Similar''? Nah, more like ''identical'' to me.

You two must be a Starrk-Lylynette case of real life. Or same person but somehow successfully pull off this lie about being 2 people (must be why Damanos is very enigmatic. You must hide one when the other is already out in public) or you two have already fused or something.

Those are "mainstream" works, that's mainly why. Again, it's mostly bro characters and Aizen-type villains. There are things he's read/watched that I haven't and vice-versa, so it's been exaggerated (not that I mind when it's involving a bro like him!).

I do like Teach from OP though, and I'm pretty sure Dam hates him.  :lmao:

Edited by PlasmaWolf, 05 July 2014 - 11:40 PM.

6OINMKs.png

"Akogare wa rikai kara mottomo tooi kanjou da yo." — Aizen Sousuke

[Credit to the original Sage!]

#33 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

There are things he's read/watched that I haven't and vice-versa, so it's been exaggerated (not that I mind when it's involving a bro like him!).

Yeah, I can see. And there are stuffs he seems to hate/dislike/not care but you like/at least read and follow like SnK or HxH.

But I guess that's precisely how you (whoever the real-life person is) make those 2 accounts Plasma and Damanos appear to be different individuals. Reverse psychology, you know? :isee:

The Lyly and Stark explanation also makes sense. Like after splitting you two go on living different lives and start to have your own experience and that's when the difference is born. The fusion explanation is pretty self-explanatory cause according to that you two are different to begin with.

In any case, must be good to find such a like-minded bro through Internet. DEW and Tale is another example. God leads the way :meditate:

I do like Teach from OP though, and I'm pretty sure Dam hates him. :lmao:

He does? I did not know. And I'm surprised, too. I though Teach was (still is) a pretty good villain and someone Damanos would like, especially when BB is quite well-liked (or at least not hated/disliked) by like-minded posters, like DEW and Tale :lol:

#34 God Mode

God Mode

So Lel :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,573 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:06 AM

2. No. God Moe would kill me after finding out.

It's not your fault DEW is like a dog in constant heat. Sickening, really.

Plasma and Damanos are not the same person. Damanos can tell me why he reads garbage. He also possesses the ability to recognize, and drop, garbage. Don't insult Damanos like that. The man has sense. Anyways...

1. What are the top five games you'd like to play in your backlog?
2. What're your favorite Pokemon of each type? Can either be pure-typing or dual, just cover them all.
3. Are you satisfied with Vol'jin as Warchief, or would you have put someone else on the throne instead? ((I'd like to peg on a request to list your top three Warcraft characters too, please)).
4. Top five cutest characters?
5. Top five greatest bros?

Edited by God Mode, 06 July 2014 - 01:58 AM.

#35 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Veneer

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,413 posts

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:32 AM

1. U-Um... So why am I... Y'know... Too nervous to think of any questions? You don't have to answer if you don't want to

2. Obligatory first/current impressions?

3. Who's the best Zelda girl and why is it Groose Midna?

4. What's your favorite 90's era anime?

5. Why should I read Hellsing and why did Vinland Saga take so long to get good again?

Edited by ZCOverload, 08 July 2014 - 01:30 PM.

I'll clear this with no continues!

wlpOFuA.gif

#36 RandomRider

RandomRider

"MMABatGawd69"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:21 AM

1: Why did Plasma and Fullhime briefly hijack this thread?

#37 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,290 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:22 AM

Hey~ 

1. What are your favourite books? 

(The ones you could read over and over again and never be bored of them)

2. Which book(s) would you tell everyone to read? And why? 

(not necessarily the same ones as above, since books you can consider as wonderfully well-written might not be part of your favourite ones)

3. Apart from manga characters, which characters stroke you as really well handled characters? 

4. Are you interested in philosophy? If so, mainly by which topics and/or philosophers?

5. Let's go again with: how much do you think envy, pride, wrath, sloth, gluttony, greed and lust affect you?

#38 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:41 AM

Privilege from fellow biggest Gin fans.

Of course that may just be me being delusional. Anw, the important thing is...

WHY DO YOU CHANGE MY NAME? :unsure:

It's not your fault DEW is like a dog in constant heat. Sickening, really.

so that you have a chance to take care of him? :rolleyes:

Plasma and Damanos are not the same person. Damanos can tell me why he reads garbage. He also possesses the ability to recognize, and drop, garbage. Don't insult Damanos like that. The man has sense. Anyways...

On the other hand, if they are one, you can immediately automatically know Plasma's reason(s) for reading garbage is the same as Damanos. Isn't that convenient? :P

Or you can think more positively, that Plasma is such a good, tolerant person that he can sympathize with garbage

Anw, that sounds like tsundere to Plasma. But I'm no expert in this matter so I better run now...run.gif

Edited by Fulmine, 06 July 2014 - 05:44 AM.

#39 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

1) What are your talents?

2) Did you, like me, think the cover page of the last OP chapter (752) was better than the rest of the chapter?

3) Would you eat a cow that had the instinctive desire to be eaten and could communicate this desire intelligently to you, as opposed to a cow that couldn't communicate and presumably has no such desire?

4) What would you like to study that you're not currently studying?

5) First current/impressions?

#40 Blackody

Blackody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:51 AM

First of all l must say your username is pretty original and cool and i'm glad someone already asked how you came up with it. Moving on.

1) How do you pronounce your username:P 

2) Do you think Bleach could improve with a death of a "good guy"? If yes, who would you choose to die and how?

3) Who do you think will be the final villain in Bleach?  :rly: 

4) If an author of a book/manga/comic could reveal to you the end of their story, who would you ask and why? 

5) Obligatory First impression/current impression... actually l need that 5th question, maybe another time the impressions  :xD:  .
Have you read Psyren? If the answer is yes, would you change the ending? (If you haven't you should read it and tell me!!!)

Spoiler Poor Hiruzen