• Please log in to reply
469 replies to this topic

#21 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

Uh, what? That's exactly what my argument is....

It could simply be that he was on the battlefield and had to be ready to fight at any moment and its easier to close his eye than deactivate it.

:<_<:

You've been arguing for why exactly Sasuke has simply closed his eye instead of shutting it off, reverting it to its natural state. Sasuke's not shutting his eye off. He's simply closing it. We can all see that. Now, in that case, if he simply wanted to save chakra, and is capable of deactivating his eye completely, it'd make more sense for him to do that.

You're then saying that perhaps it has something to do with the fact he's in the middle of a battle and needs to be ready to fight at any moment. As I then pointed out, that still doesn't make sense. When the eye's closed, Sasuke doesn't have access to the abilities it grants, and isn't being severely drained by it. That's the entire point of closing the eye. Therefore, there's no difference in this instance between a closed eye or a deactivated eye.

You then said that the special chakra from the eye would still be flowing if it was simply closed. I then pointed out while that might be possible, it doesn't matter, and still doesn't make sense in the long run. Because we've seen Dojutsu users activate their eyes and instantly start using that special chakra to cast techniques with them, so it therefore doesn't matter whether the chakra's currently flowing or not.

As I said in my last post, if we go with the idea, which you've stated, that closing the eye doesn't stop it from draining chakra, but that deactivating it does, then it makes more sense for Sasuke to completely deactivate the eye all together, because he'd save even more chakra than he is by simply closing it. He'd then also be able to activate it and use it with the same level of effectiveness as if the eye had merely been closed. Basically a Closed Eye (Which is again what Sasuke's been doing) is exactly the same as a Deactivated Eye, except that the Deactivated Eye drains even less chakra, and in fact would drain no chakra.

So in short, the idea that Sasuke's simply closing his eye because he's in the middle of a battle, instead of deactivating it doesn't hold up.

Edited by Ace1225, 09 July 2014 - 01:22 PM.

• vansonbee likes this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#22 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

How about you let me define what I'm arguing for...lol

• Ace1225 likes this

Over-Powered Eyes For the Win!

#23 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

Sasuke doesn't have a 'normal' Rinnegan like Hagoromo and Madara but the forehead RinneSharingan. That one seems to be permanent. So when he's closing that eye he's probably doing it to conserve chakra because he can't shut it off. 

#24 Shola

Shola

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

Yeah that's a terrible pic and it needs to go.

He looks like the guy from Never Back Down
15.jpg

"In politics, what matters isn't what the Facts are, what matters is what people believe."
~Thomas Sowell~

This world is a joke, make no mistake.

#25 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

How about you let me define what I'm arguing for...lol

Was just telling you what your own words say, and the line of discussion the argument took from that. *shrug*

Sasuke doesn't have a 'normal' Rinnegan like Hagoromo and Madara but the forehead RinneSharingan. That one seems to be permanent. So when he's closing that eye he's probably doing it to conserve chakra because he can't shut it off.

My thoughts as well.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#26 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:48 PM

When this is over, it would be a nice touch for Kakashi to pass on his forehead protector/eyepatch to Sasuke. He'll need it with his new eye.  :lol:

Edited by The Witcher, 09 July 2014 - 05:48 PM.

• ninpokaton likes this

#27 TimeMask

TimeMask

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

You're then saying that perhaps it has something to do with the fact he's in the middle of a battle and needs to be ready to fight at any moment. As I then pointed out, that still doesn't make sense. When the eye's closed, Sasuke doesn't have access to the abilities it grants, and isn't being severely drained by it. That's the entire point of closing the eye. Therefore, there's no difference in this instance between a closed eye or a deactivated eye.

I think the advantage of Sasuke closing his eye instead of turning of his rinnegan is that he can still use perfect susanoo with his eye closed and with his rinnegan still on. 

If Sasuke turned off his doujutsu then he would not be able to activate perfect susanoo as far as we know.

The difference is that if he turned of his doujutsu then it would take him longer to use perfect susanoo. With his eye closed he can conserve chakra without being unable to use his strongest susanoo.

Also he may be unable to teleport if he turned off his doujutsu but we don't have enough information about his teleport jutsu yet.

Edited by TimeMask, 10 July 2014 - 08:19 AM.

#28 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

I think the advantage of Sasuke closing his eye instead of turning of his rinnegan is that he can still use perfect susanoo with his eye closed and with his rinnegan still on. 

If Sasuke turned off his doujutsu then he would not be able to activate perfect susanoo as far as we know.

The difference is that if he turned of his doujutsu then it would take him longer to use perfect susanoo. With his eye closed he can conserve chakra without being unable to use his strongest susanoo.

Also he may be unable to teleport if he turned off his doujutsu but we don't have enough information about his teleport jutsu yet.

Honestly, let's not even talk about Susano-o, since we've seen somebody use it with no eyes at all, and Itachi was even still using it when he was already blind. That technique seems to operate on a completely different level than the others, with its own rules.

He'd probably be unable to teleport without his eye active, but he can't teleport with it closed either, (As far as we know, since his eye is notably zoomed in on, like usual, when he uses his ocular techniques, such as Amaterasu) so that again changes nothing. 

Edited by Ace1225, 10 July 2014 - 09:12 AM.

#29 TimeMask

TimeMask

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

Honestly, let's not even talk about Susano-o, since we've seen somebody use it with no eyes at all, and Itachi was even still using it when he was already blind. That technique seems to operate on a completely different level than the others, with its own rules.

He'd probably be unable to teleport without his eye active, but he can't teleport with it closed either, (As far as we know, since his eye is notably zoomed in on, like usual, when he uses his ocular techniques, such as Amaterasu) so that again changes nothing. 

Do you think Sasuke's teleport may require him to look at something then he teleports to where he looks? If this is true it would restrict Sasuke because if his vision was blocked then he would have less places to teleport to.

I think Sasuke may be able to teleport with his eye shut as long as his rinnegan is active since he can teleport other people / objects and himself at the same time.

For example he teleported himself and then his sword went into Madara's torso even though the sword wasn't near Sasuke.

If his teleport needed him to look at something then he would have had to look at a place to teleport to and then looked at his sword to teleport it to Madara which would have taken time.

This is why I think he can teleport with his eye shut but its just a theory.

Edited by TimeMask, 10 July 2014 - 01:02 PM.

#30 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

Do you think Sasuke's teleport may require him to look at something then he teleports to where he looks? If this is true it would restrict Sasuke because if his vision was blocked then he would have less places to teleport to.

I think Sasuke may be able to teleport with his eye shut as long as his rinnegan is active since he can teleport other people / objects and himself at the same time.

For example he teleported himself and then his sword went into Madara's torso even though the sword wasn't near Sasuke.

If his teleport needed him to look at something then he would have had to look at a place to teleport to and then looked at his sword to teleport it to Madara which would have taken time.

This is why I think he can teleport with his eye shut but its just a theory.

Naah, because we've seen him teleport when his vision is obstructed, but his eyes were still open. I do think the eye has to be active however, similar to the other MS techniques, save Susano-o. Hard to say since it's not like anyone's even gone into the specifics on Sasuke/Kaguya's Sprial Rinnegan.

I do still believe though that he's simply closing it because he just can't turn it off at all.

Edited by Ace1225, 10 July 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#31 TimeMask

TimeMask

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:32 PM

Naah, because we've seen him teleport when his vision is obstructed, but his eyes were still open. I do think the eye has to be active however, similar to the other MS techniques, save Susano-o. Hard to say since it's not like anyone's even gone into the specifics on Sasuke/Kaguya's Sprial Rinnegan.

I do still believe though that he's simply closing it because he just can't turn it off at all.

Maybe Madara was unable to use perfect susanoo when he had no eyes since he didn't use it when Naruto was hitting him around with the tailed beasts.

So if Sasuke turned off his eyes he may not be able to use perfect susanoo but he could have access to the legged susanoo form he used to fight Obito.

There are people who still say Itachi's black flames are better then Sasuke's even though he has a rinnegan which is odd especially since he has Itachi's eyes.

Maybe rinnegan black flames burn faster since its a stronger eye so it could be able to handle more eye strain.

#32 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

So if Sasuke turned off his eyes he may not be able to use perfect susanoo but he could have access to the legged susanoo form he used to fight Obito.

Madara used Perfect Susano'o to cloak the Kyuubi (Sasuke did too) So the eye is not necessary for Perfect Susano'o.

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#33 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationWherever I'm Needed.

User's Awards

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

I still say it's just a nine tome Sharingan and It's not the Rinnegan at all. Hagoromo said that she had the Sharingan and the Byakugan, there was no mention of her having the Rinnegan.

Spoiler

The Rinnegan is probably a mutation/ variation of the Sharingan that is exclusive to Hagoromo. Like how Mokuton is exclusive to Hashirama. It's also interesting that Sasuke has yet to activate MS/ EMS in either eye. Oddly enough teleportation with a base Sharingan isn't impossible, it was hinted that Obito used a Kamui type jutsu to escape into Madara's lair and save his life before he unlocked his MS.  That still wasn't explained. My guess is that MS, EMS and maybe even Rinnegan are like Ascended Super Saiyan, SS2, SS3. Where they are forced power-ups of the Sharingan and that a fully mastered Sharingan (Nine-Tome Sharingan.) is more powerful, uses less chakra and causes less strain on the eyes. Basically I think all MS jutsu are usable by the basic Sharingan with training or in life and death moments... or being touched by Hagoromo apparently. So using Mangekyo is a shortcut that has side effects, while learning how to use the jutsu without MS active decreases the risks or removes all risk completely.

#34 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

Madara identified it as the Rinnegan.

#35 molattee

molattee

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:50 AM

I still say it's just a nine tome Sharingan and It's not the Rinnegan at all. Hagoromo said that she had the Sharingan and the Byakugan, there was no mention of her having the Rinnegan.

The Rinnegan is probably a mutation/ variation of the Sharingan that is exclusive to Hagoromo. Like how Mokuton is exclusive to Hashirama. It's also interesting that Sasuke has yet to activate MS/ EMS in either eye. Oddly enough teleportation with a base Sharingan isn't impossible, it was hinted that Obito used a Kamui type jutsu to escape into Madara's lair and save his life before he unlocked his MS.  That still wasn't explained. My guess is that MS, EMS and maybe even Rinnegan are like Ascended Super Saiyan, SS2, SS3. Where they are forced power-ups of the Sharingan and that a fully mastered Sharingan (Nine-Tome Sharingan.) is more powerful, uses less chakra and causes less strain on the eyes. Basically I think all MS jutsu are usable by the basic Sharingan with training or in life and death moments... or being touched by Hagoromo apparently. So using Mangekyo is a shortcut that has side effects, while learning how to use the jutsu without MS active decreases the risks or removes all risk completely.

In the manga, the Sharinnegan is probably like you said, above the Rinnegan. That is probably why Madara awakened the eye in his forehead rather than his rinnegan transforming to sharinnegan. 

But for me, personally, I still consider it a rinnegan compared to a sharingan. This is probably because the shape of the 'sharingan' is similar to a rinnegan in the sense that it covers the users' eye completely, rather than just their eyeballs. 

#36 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:58 AM

Hagoromo said she had 'the Sharingan's power'.

Considering that the Sharingan is basically just a devolved version of the Rinnegan, it makes sense that the original Rinnegan would have its powers.

#37 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationWherever I'm Needed.

User's Awards

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

Hagoromo said she had 'the Sharingan's power'.

Considering that the Sharingan is basically just a devolved version of the Rinnegan, it makes sense that the original Rinnegan would have its powers.

I agree, but I was suggesting that it may be possible with training that the basic Sharingan can use any jutsu that the Mangekyo, Rinnegan or the Sharinnegan can but with less risk. An example would be no risk of blindness for non ems users for Mangekyo jutsu.

#38 ninpokaton

ninpokaton

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts
  • LocationDublin/RoIreland

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

In the manga, the Sharinnegan is probably like you said, above the Rinnegan. That is probably why Madara awakened the eye in his forehead rather than his rinnegan transforming to sharinnegan. 

But for me, personally, I still consider it a rinnegan compared to a sharingan. This is probably because the shape of the 'sharingan' is similar to a rinnegan in the sense that it covers the users' eye completely, rather than just their eyeballs. 

:mellow:

• Luna likes this

#39 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:31 AM

http://www.mangapand...m/naruto/685/19

So Sasuke's eye power is similar to Kamui, but way inferior. He can only teleport himself, and that too only for short distances.

Mangekyo Sharingan > Rinnegan?

#40 TimeMask

TimeMask

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:02 AM

http://www.mangapand...m/naruto/685/19

So Sasuke's eye power is similar to Kamui, but way inferior. He can only teleport himself, and that too only for short distances.

Mangekyo Sharingan > Rinnegan?

You just need to think of all the creative ways Sasuke can use his swap teleport jutsu.

Sasuke could throw his sword on the floor then swap with it when a person runs to him. Then the person runs into his sword and Sasuke can use a jutsu to hit them in the back.

If you try to stay away from objects then Sasuke could just throw a object at you and then swap with it.

Sasuke should be able to swap with rocks, balls of dust which are common things you can find. He should be able to swap with a persons clothes and maybe some grass but we don't know what he can't swap with yet.

It looks like he can swap with people since he told Naruto to attack him then suddenly Naruto and Sasuke are next to Madara. It also looked like he teleported Kaguya with his swap jutsu.

Keep in mind he can swap without seals while FTG needs seals and kamui takes time to transport yourself. Sasuke can swap himself with a object quicker then kamui can teleport yourself.

Edited by TimeMask, 15 July 2014 - 08:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users