#1 Oben

Oben

there were no malfunctions

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

Over the course of time, I wrote a few poems for the Poetry Contests on OMF - I haven't entered all of them, but most. They aren't particulary good, but I invested some work in them, so I'd like to keep them collected/archived.

Upon looking over them, they are all kinda similar... hm. But I never wrote poetry in english except for OMF ^^

On 2.0

Spoiler Special Edition - Chocolate

Spoiler #89 – Zombies

Spoiler #92 - Supernatural

Spoiler #93 – Intangible, Not Entered

Spoiler Special Edition - Lantern

Spoiler #99 – Sound, Not Entered

On 3.0

Spoiler #1 - Freestyle

Spoiler #2 - Mankind

Spoiler #3 – The Ocean

Spoiler #4 - Mountains

Spoiler #6 - Winter

Spoiler #8 - Glass

Spoiler #11 – Summer

Spoiler #12 - Digital

Spoiler #13 - Horror

Spoiler #14 - Mask

Spoiler #15 - Comedy

Spoiler #16 - Music

Spoiler #18 - Pulse

vvv Updates in the posts below vvv

Edited by Oben, 20 September 2016 - 05:19 AM.

• Strawhats, eemo23 and YoWid like this

#2 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:37 PM

Spoiler #19 - Choices

Spoiler #22 - Urban

From another forum. The contest was to incorporate certain given words, actions and themes into the poem.

I'd link it, but it was deleted already. So I'll go with the version saved on my computer.

Spoiler House, Moon, Cardinal Directions, Fountain, Lightning, Eye, L, Walking, Eating

Edited by Oben, 25 January 2016 - 06:09 PM.

• YoWid likes this

#3 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:25 PM

I like your writing style. All of your poems are crisp, well structured, and very enjoyable. 

They all seem to have a good amount of rhymes and a good grasp on rhythm. What I find impressive is how your poems aren't all about sounding nice, but more about clarity of expression. Anyone can throw a bunch of rhymes and alliteration into a poem to make it sound cool, and in the process sacrifice clarity for those nice sounding word combinations. You, on the other hand, are restrained with your language ornamentation. You seem to know what a good amount of rhymes, alliteration, and rhythm is, so you don't get overly indulgent in those aspects of writing. As a result you produce poems with very clear expression and narratives.

Really good stuff, Imma re-read them over once more and post some a more detailed analysis of my favorites.

• Oben likes this

signature under construction

#4 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:48 AM

I like your writing style. All of your poems are crisp, well structured, and very enjoyable. 

They all seem to have a good amount of rhymes and a good grasp on rhythm. What I find impressive is how your poems aren't all about sounding nice, but more about clarity of expression. Anyone can throw a bunch of rhymes and alliteration into a poem to make it sound cool, and in the process sacrifice clarity for those nice sounding word combinations. You, on the other hand, are restrained with your language ornamentation. You seem to know what a good amount of rhymes, alliteration, and rhythm is, so you don't get overly indulgent in those aspects of writing. As a result you produce poems with very clear expression and narratives.

Really good stuff, Imma re-read them over once more and post some a more detailed analysis of my favorites.

I think that's more my lack of skill in English (it's not my mother language), but thanks ^^

• hubris likes this

#5 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:17 AM

I think that's more my lack of skill in English (it's not my mother language), but thanks ^^

O.o I'd never guess that.

One of the hardest parts about writing poetry (for most) is avoiding words and phrases that serve no purpose beyond sounding nice. 

Although it stems from English not being your mother language, your writing is absolutely devoid of useless words, and in my opinion it really adds something to your work. You're lucky, if expressing yourself clearly and simply comes naturally to you.

Edited by hubris, 10 February 2015 - 12:48 AM.

signature under construction

#6 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:05 PM

At the very least, an update!

Spoiler #26 - Night

Spoiler Yoga Day Special

Spoiler #29 - Eternity

Edited by Oben, 25 January 2016 - 06:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users