122 replies to this topic

#1 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

Just finished reading all the available chapters for this series and I really enjoyed it. It's sort of your typical shounen romance/harem/comedy series in a lot of ways. The lead is your typical nice guy, but it hits all the right notes and does them well. The lead is competent enough where you like him, his group of friends aren't just there for comedy relief and feel supportive, all the love interests feel unique and the concept and setup is so bizarre to the point it actually makes the story feel fresh. It just works.

The love interests range from a vampire who is incredibly dense to a slightly tusndere space alien who is on a mission to Earth and even a ruthless childhood friend who has a pair of glasses that a god of fortune resides in. So as you can see the story is all over the place in terms of things they introduce and concepts they play around with. Which is nice as you really have no idea where the story will go next or what kind of characters will be introduced. There is even a deviant werewolf and a demon headmaster who has been around for thousands of years. It's so bizarre, but it is a lot of fun and doesn't take itself too seriously. I know the scanlations are pretty far behind the raws, I think the raws are past chapter 70 now, but hopefully the series continues to get scanned as I have really enjoyed what I've read so far.

#2 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

ah,finally a thread.

pretty nice series.good for a laugh.

#3 CDFR-OM

CDFR-OM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

I like JwWw. He reminds me of me, I can remember feeling just the same as our hero, that other people could always guess what I was thinking and even answered my questions before I could ask them out loud.

I don't like most harem series. (With the exception of The World God Only Knows, which just ended recently. That was not a harem series, but a brilliant SPOOF of harem series.) 

Plus, vampire romances have been done to death (to coin a phrase.) I liked the fact that she was a 'mysterious beauty' but now she's turning out to be more like a girl who was always shy just coming out of her shell. So now it's less like Mysterious Girlfriend X (another one of my favorites) and more like Yandere Kanojo.

Some of the girls really don't seem possible for the final romance... the alien, the werewolf... I hope he sticks with the vampire (or the childhood friend breaks down and become honest.) But there's a good variety, and I hope that no new girls are introduced. Let's stick with them for the time being.

Also, I hope like anything that the MC doesn't become one of those gutless guys who can't hurt a girl's feelings and so allows himself to not declare for the girl he really loves. That just sux.

#4 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

I like this one. The art is rough IMO, but the humor and the cast more than make up for it. Shirigami is hilarious. From the fact that she's incredibly dense in matters of love, to her rather obvious attempts to pair up Kuromine and Aizawa, she's an interesting character. I like Aizawa as well. It's been fun seeing her feelings come out. Shiho is fun, but I'm not a fan of the whole gender swapping thing. Mikan is probably the most interesting character for me right now. I like the development she's gotten recently. Don't really like the talking pair of glasses, though.

I'm having fun with this series. It took a while for me to get into it, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

#5 CDFR-OM

CDFR-OM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

Has there ever been a harem series where each girl 'gave up' on the guy and was only trying to set him up with her friend (also in the harem), who seemed to have given up...? Forming a circle of matchmakers, each trying to set each other up with the obligatory oblivious guy...?

I could see JwWw becoming something like that. 

I liked Shirigami from her earliest appearances, partly because she reminds me of The Girlfriend from Houkago Play. Tall, slender, yet shapely, with a hidden strength. Can't make up my mind if I like Shirigami, now that we know her secret. Mystery is an important part of romance, to me. 

#6 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

Seem like it is pretty much a three girl race between Aizawa, Shirigami, and Mikan. It doesn't feel like any of the other girls are really contenders and are there more to fill out the cast. It does look like they could build this awkward situation where Shirigami wants to support Aizawa, and now Aizawa might try to support Mikan after the most recent chapters. Although her "confessing" might mess that up, but you could have situation where they each want to support the other possibly.

Although with Mikan they might have an out with her. Since I sort of got the feeling that maybe Kuromine's friend in the glasses might like her as he seems to be pretty perceptive and understanding to who she really is. So he pays a lot of attention to her, but maybe that is because he has known her for so long. Difficult to say.

I don't dislike anyone from the cast, but if I had to pick a favorite I might lean towards Aizawa. I've always liked the characters who sort of admit their feelings first and are more upfront with them. She's already accepted that she likes Kuromine, which is a big step. Plus it is hilarious to see how embarrassed she gets. Still, judging from cover in the recent chapter Shirigami's family might show up and appear in the story. I am looking forward to seeing how that plays out.

#7 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:01 PM

Has there ever been a harem series where each girl 'gave up' on the guy and was only trying to set him up with her friend (also in the harem), who seemed to have given up...? Forming a circle of matchmakers, each trying to set each other up with the obligatory oblivious guy...?

That's an interesting idea. I don't think I've read any series like that. The only issue I see with a premise like that is that things might drag a bit in the overall pace due to everybody supporting someone else. Though a more traditional harem story has its issues in that regard, as well. Yeah, that's an interesting concept. I wouldn't mind reading it.

Anyway, as far as favorite characters go, I like Aizawa as well. I just like her personality better, and she's been pretty cute since she started to realize her feelings. I like all of the cast, though. If I had to choose one that I liked the least, It'd be Mikan. I've just never been that big of a fan of her. I don't really see her as a legitimate candidate, either. I too can see her ending up with Asahi's friend, Oka I think his name is.

#8 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

3 new chaps out!

pretty fun.finally getting to Shiragami's house huh.

also,Kuromine has a lil sister huh.

Edited by alekos23, 03 August 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#9 CDFR-OM

CDFR-OM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

But Asahi can't really end up with Aizawa, right...? I mean, because he's normal size and she's so small, they couldn't ever really -- this sounds so perverted, I can't even finish writing it. 

What would she do? Hide in her body-shell vehicle all the time? Does it really transmit all sensations? I can sense a very bad pun coming up, so I'll stop now. But I think you know what I mean.

#10 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:06 AM

another chapie out!daddy's a doofus!dont ya think they'd figure the secret out anyway if they saw you? :lolxg:

#11 CDFR-OM

CDFR-OM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:28 AM

What Kuromine should do is tell Shiragami's mom he's in love with her daughter, but hasn't confessed to her yet and is waiting for a good opportunity. This way, Mom will want to help, so she will be the one to distract Dad, so that Kuromine will have an 'opportunity' to confess. Dad's focus will be on his wife and on watching Kuromine, so he will never notice if his daughter slips up and reveals herself. Also, anything dumb that Kuromine does will be written off as 'he's in love'.

#12 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

new chapie out.GLORIOUS.Principal is too funny. :lolxg:

#13 Dario

Dario

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:23 AM

This manga is GOLD, I read up all the raws up to chap 75 and it's always entertenaing.

Too bad as of chapter 34 the scan group is having problems/scanlators drama so God knows what's gonna happen from here on.

I hope that a worty group will pick this up.

Posted Image 

#14 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:04 AM

huh.wasnt expecting the chap to come out :lol: and the madness continues :lmao: thats a nice future :lolxg:

#15 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:53 AM

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss.

#16 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:51 AM

This will go on my "Must Watch" list. This is one of my favorate harem comedy series. And I would have missed the thread too if it wasn't for the new way alphaneumerics is sorted!

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#17 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:05 PM

chapter 62 out if anyone cares.Karen and Akane are great :lol:
  • Nyanko likes this

#18 singleturbo

singleturbo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:25 AM

bump

Looks like more setup for Oka+Mikan. I guess she is kinda the odd girl out unfortunately.

2ccmpm8.gif

#19 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:43 AM

Yeah, that scene at the end of the latest chapter pretty much rules out Mikan. Not that there was any doubt in the end pairing anyway, but that was the author giving us a big hint that Mikan isn't happening. Which is a shame considering she's grown the most and has been the most upfront about her feelings.

#20 KLGChaos

KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

User's Awards

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:25 AM

Happy the series is getting an anime. I've been reading the series since chapter one and have really liked how it has evolved. It's funny, sweet and the charactees are all likeable. I'm far more impressed by this series than something like Nisekoi which I dropped a few months ago due to any lack of progress and characters I just don't like... like Chitoge and Raku, the two leads. Eromine-kun at least has a personality (and isn't completely idiotic and dense like a certain someone) and there's actual development as the series goes on. I never thought it would be anything more than a casual read when it first started, but it has grown on me and I find myself looking forward to each new chapter.

As for the possibe Oka x Mokan pairing, my only complaint is that I wish he was develped a bit more as a character. Asahi's friends in general are neglected in the development department.

Edited by KLGChaos, 21 February 2015 - 02:38 AM.

fallout3_dogmeat_zpsjyrxypvn.jpg?t=14248

"You can run from all the memories, but no matter how far... in the end they'll find you, for this is who you are."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users