122 replies to this topic

#41 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:31 PM

Gez; this is the funniest thing I've read in ages... paticularly that last chapter!

http://www.mangapand...a-watashi-wa/73

I mean, bride training? So he is still thinking the kiss was a mistake? 

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#42 KLGChaos

KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

User's Awards

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:35 AM

Yeah, I believe the author is going to drag things out for a dozen chapters to keep the suspense up. It's a typical literary technique. As long as it doesn't go on for too long, it can be good. Especially when the chapters are funny.

Oka and Akane definitely got what they deserved in the end! R.I.P., you two!

Edited by KLGChaos, 17 March 2015 - 09:35 AM.

fallout3_dogmeat_zpsjyrxypvn.jpg?t=14248

"You can run from all the memories, but no matter how far... in the end they'll find you, for this is who you are."

#43 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:22 AM

Spoiler anime art

a99176f17f98d40c567bce80a2707a2090dddb5e

sorry for overreacting :(

#44 KLGChaos

KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

User's Awards

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:46 AM

Well, the art isn't bad... But there's something off about it. It doesn't truly match the artist's style. The eyes in particular are much different.

"You can run from all the memories, but no matter how far... in the end they'll find you, for this is who you are."

#45 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:11 AM

Well, the art isn't bad... But there's something off about it. It doesn't truly match the artist's style. The eyes in particular are much different.

I'll quote what I said in the General Anime and Manga news thread; 

Thats the thing, it doesn't look adapted to the source material; Let us look at the cover from one of the volumes of the main girl, Yokou

You'll notice how she has a wide mouth and large eyes, in a very traditional, dare I say it, 90's way. Now we look at the artwork for the anime that Blink kindly shared with us earlier,

Small eyes, small mouth in the traditional "moe" look, the teeth which are accentuated as fangs easily in the manga look like plain everyday teeth; it feels so 2010's. Its just offputting to see Yokou look so generic! To me its a sign that the animators cannot draw anything but the moe style; not the great 90's style which lends so much to the comedy of the series... 

To be blunt; I really don't like the artwork!

sorry for overreacting :(

Don't worry, you're not overreacting, it really is that bad

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

#46 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:39 AM

Oh there was a character poll in the latest chapter released. The winners?

1) Aizawa Nagisa *(a surprise IMO)

2) Shiragami Yoko (thought she'd be first)

3) Komotou Akane (Yay!)

4) Shirogane Karen

5) Shishido Shiho

6) Akame Mikan (Hoped she'd be higher)

7) Komotou Akari

8) Kiryurin Rin

9) Shirigami Toko

10) Kuromine Mei (MC's sister)

And where is our precious MC? Beaten by his sister, Kuromine Asashi comes in 11th!

Oh yeah, latest chapter is out

http://bato.to/read/...-wa-pretty-anon

We are finally introduced to the Charasmatic Pervert! Shiho and Ren fight a winning battle against her pervertedness, much to Asashi's nosebleeds

#47 CDFR-OM

CDFR-OM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:40 AM

Aizawa is indeed cute, which is only enhanced by her lack of awareness of her own desire, her 'innocent' (but desperate) denial, her struggle, and her foolish adherence to military discipline.

(Her homeworld must be short on warriors if she was selected as an advance scout.) It's too bad she can't really, um, settle down with Asahi. 

Shiragami is also very beautiful, but from the beginning I liked the 'silent beauty' rather than the girl who speaks with a twang and flashes her fangs all over the place. I can well see why Asahi fell for her. 

I'm happy for him that he still likes her, now that he knows her better. But he still can't stand to get closer to her. 

I hated Mikan from the start. Blackmail is a terribly selfish and cruel thing. She has grown on me the most. I hope that she will be honest with herself and with Asahi. I hope some good comes of it.

I wouldn't even mind if they wound up together. I don't know if that is what the author means to do.

#48 KLGChaos

KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

User's Awards

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:47 AM

How did Mikan end up so low? Yeah, I wasn't a fan of hers when the series first started, but she's grown and changed the most out of the whole cast. And how did the angel get so high? She was just introduced! I guess the readers really love the ditzy blonde thing...

Not surprised at Asahi being so low... Most readers could care less about the MC in ShoRom.

Edited by KLGChaos, 19 April 2015 - 05:50 AM.

#49 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:09 AM

How did Mikan end up so low? Yeah, I wasn't a fan of hers when the series first started, but she's grown and changed the most out of the whole cast. And how did the angel get so high? She was just introduced! I guess the readers really love the ditzy blonde thing...

Not surprised at Asahi being so low... Most readers could care less about the MC in ShoRom.

But being beaten by his sister, who to my knowledge has only had like two appearances?

#50 KLGChaos

KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

User's Awards

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:19 AM

But being beaten by his sister, who to my knowledge has only had like two appearances?

Sadly, the loli crowd is more numerous than you think. Though with Asahi, a lot of it is because he's mostly just a reactionary character. He's had a few moments, but for the most part, he just reacts to situations the girls create instead of being really active himself. It's actually one of the mangas few failing, imo.

That said, the newest chapter was hilarious. We saw more of the charismatic pervert than we've seen before. I'm wondering why the author isn't showing her eyes, though. I wonder if they're really innocent looking or something, so it ruins the effect.

I'd also laugh is Rin teaming up with Shiho is the reason that the Charismatic Pervert 2.0 is created and takes over Japan. :P
  • Nyanko likes this

#51 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:05 PM

oXCet0K.jpg

might actually be able to pull the faces!

#52 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:34 PM

Heh that chapter was pretty good. Not as good as the pervert showdown but it was still fun seeing papa get played by Akane-chan

#53 CDFR-OM

CDFR-OM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:12 PM

That was a good chapter. It's nice to be reminded that the story is not only about the kids becoming honest about their feelings, but about the parents learning to let go.

#54 KLGChaos

KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

User's Awards

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:03 PM

So, do you think Aizawa is going to shoot herself in the foot or do you think we'll actually get a proper confession and rejection? I know Kuromine will turn her down (he hasn't shown any interest in her outside of friendship after all). I'm just wondering if it'll go the comedy route or the sentimental route. The series can do both well.

#55 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:18 PM

So, do you think Aizawa is going to shoot herself in the foot or do you think we'll actually get a proper confession and rejection? I know Kuromine will turn her down (he hasn't shown any interest in her outside of friendship after all). I'm just wondering if it'll go the comedy route or the sentimental route. The series can do both well.

Hmm... I don't think it will work out as planned, some comedy moments will ensure and it will end up as a mess...

Then again, I wasn't expecting >that< kiss ether, so the authour can surprise me...

#56 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:23 PM

She did it! And in a hilarious way too... Now the reply... I liked his response, its better to get it out.

And they kissed! Oooo!

#57 singleturbo

singleturbo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:38 AM

I was spoilered for this one so I knew it was coming.

I guess technically she is the first to say it.

2ccmpm8.gif

#58 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:24 AM

I was spoilered for this one so I knew it was coming.

I guess technically she is the first to say it.

Didn't Mikan say it first?

#59 KLGChaos

KLGChaos

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

User's Awards

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:33 AM

Yes, she is. Also the first to be rejected.

#60 singleturbo

singleturbo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:47 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot Mikan.

2ccmpm8.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users