1) How's life?
2) You are planning to take over the world. Who are your partners in crime? Doesn't have to be from OMF.
3) Pancakes or waffles?
4) Recommend us your favorite dish
5) Do you any role models?
6) Why do you stay with OMF? Why not go to some other active forum?
7) First and current impression, if any?
Uneventful, but pleasant.2.
My loved ones, my cousins, and a few intelligent people I've met along the way.3.
Waffles. Love the crisp.4.
Home made pizza. No contest.5.
Yes. Should have asked who they were, but I'll answer that anyway.Robert Anton Wilson
- A Zen and Discordian philosopher who helped open my eyes to a lot of perspectives I hadn't considered. One of the most easy going people to have lived, and someone I aspire to be like.Joshua Abraham Norton
- A paragon of character and intrigue, and the patron saint of Discord. A true hero.6.
I am on other active forums. I'm mostly here for these Question Times these days.7.
Highly superficial person. Not a deep thinker. Somewhat self-absorbed. Hasn't changed at all.
I rarely (actually never) see you in any manga thread I've been to so I'm not even sure if you're on this forum for manga but I will just ask anw. If you don't read manga allow me to reset those manga question.
1. Top 10 favorite manga in terms of both quality and enjoyment (you know, some times you enjoy silly stuffs so enjoyment may not be quality), in order if you can or at least point out the all-time no.1 among them? (Whether you elaborate on them is your choice). If you can only read one manga for the rest of your life which would it be, both on-going and completed (which may not be among top10 above)?
2. Top 5 characters of each of the Big3 you read? (so 5 each) and top 5 male manga characters and 5 female in general? (be it because of badassery, trolling prowess, sexual presence, development, depth, appearance, abilities, power, intelligence etc.)
3. You can choose 3 mangaka to make the greatest manga of all time (in your taste of course. So subjective), who would you choose? Who do what?
For example: 1 does art, 1 does storyline and character development, 1 is responsible for a specific task like comedy OR you can have 2 do art (1 draws characters, the other draws background, for example) and all 3 do storyline etc. It's up to you.
If you don't know the mangaka's names, you can just mention the manga names and the strengths they have that you would want in your manga.
4. Top 5 favorite abilities/powers from manga?
5. Favorite cuisine, dish(es) and the best thing you can cook? Regarding that best food you can cook, do you have any specific advice (like improvisation) to make your own version?
6. Favorite and most hated cultures? Why?
7. Description of your ideal romantic partner? In both personality, character, physical features and anything else you want to elaborate further. Which do you value the most?
8. Your ideal/dream vacation? The place you want to go and who you go with, the scenery etc. stuffs like that.
9. Top 10 movies of all time (of all genres). Why you like them?
10. Top 5 JRPG and top 5 Western games (of all platforms)? If it's only PS2 (if you do play it) then your top5 are?
11. Your favorite school/uni/college's subject(s) and why? If money is not a problem, what do you want to study and how does that help your life and make an impact on society?
12. Your opinion on manga as a medium? Is it art?
13. If you rule the world and your desire is of absolute priority, what do you want to change for better (education, poverty, politics etc.)? And if you're evil, what do you want to change for worse?
14. Say, suddenly you're thrown into a fantasy world and you have to fight to survive or maybe even to crawl on top like in an action manga or RPG. What ''role'' would you want to be, what ability(ies) would you want to have (If you can have an completely original ability of your own, that fits your persona and fighting style, which would it be and how do you use it?), your choice of weapon and course of action?
15. Countries you want to visit, maybe even the specific cities or towns, and why?
16. 5 books (of all genres and types, though I would exclude textbooks or Bible and Quran cause too famous) you recommend people to read? If only literary novels count, what is those 5 now?
17. Your goal in life now?
18. Thing(s) that annoys you the most, maybe even despise/disgust, in someone's personality or character? In men exclusively? In women? Does it matter if it's just a thought they keep to themselves or do you only care if they bring it into action?
19. Politics view? Like, what type of government would you rather have among a zillion types exist in this world and what should they do etc.
20. F/C Impression?
You're making me regret setting the limit so high.1.
Oh boy. Let me see...
20th Century Boys
I couldn't pick one. I'd die before I made the decision. I guess I'd choose something long that I haven't read yet.2.Bleach
: Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, Kon, Rukia, KenpachiNaruto
: Shikamaru, Kakashi, Pain, Sasori, DeidaraOne Piece
: Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Chopper, Usopp (Not that far)4.
This one I like.
The power to enter something's past.
The power to shapeshift.
The power to teleport.
The power to control perception.
The power to perceive and react instantaneously.6.
Favourite... Norway and Sweden. They have open minds about a lot of things and are not very prone to violence. Least favourite... US and Israel. They have dogma throughout them.7.
I have a romantic partner. My ideal relies on a few factors. The person must have potential. The person must be open minded. The person must have nice hair.8.
Somewhere where there is a forest. I like some amount of seclusion. With my lover, of course. Access to the ocean would be fantastic.
Or a trip around Europe.9.
Another good one. I won't give reasons because the better a movie is, the less I want to know about it before I watch it. I project that onto you.
In no particular order:
Fritz Lang's Metropolis
Into the Wild
The Talented Mr. Ripley
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
The Godfather Trilogy
Let the Right One In
Harry Potter Series
Howl's Moving Castle10.
Hm. I'm not a huge gamer, but let's see.JRPGS
The Legend of Dragoon
Final Fantasy VII
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Fire Emblem: The Blazing SwordWestern games
Shadow of the Colossus
Spyro the Dragon
Jak and Daxter11.
Psychology/Sociology and Medicine. Both would help me control the people around me to an even greater extent, and help those I couldn't before. If money were not a problem I would go for Psychology/Sociology.12.
Yes. It is one of the best mediums because it engrosses the senses and offers the artist limitless possibilities for what they can convey. A picture is worth a thousand words, as it were. Manga combines the written and visual mediums superbly. Anime does something similar, but the sound changed the atmosphere. There is something about imagining sound in your head instead of hearing it that adds depth to the art of it.13.
This is a complex question. The answer is the same in both cases because the thing I want is both good and evil.
I would apply eugenics to eradicate the stupid and make humans as intelligent as they can be.14.
I would quickly adapt to the world I was set in and gain a grasp of the balance of power before doing anything, but if magic existed, I would find a way to become unnoticeable. Aside from learning as much magic as I could, I would become an assassin of the highest order, or a general mercenary for hire. Always been a fan of blades so those would be my weapon of choice. Ones I had enchanted in some way, perhaps to paralyze my enemy.16.
Animal Farm by George Orwell
Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
The Giver by Lois Lowry
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
The Magicians by Lev Grossman
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde17.
Same as always. Become the ultimate being.18.
I have a lot of these. Closed mindedness is up there. The worst kind is complacency. There is nothing worse than a person who thinks things are good enough.19.
I am an individualist anarcho-socialist. I believe that the ideal social order is one built not on centralized martial control, but natural order built on the principles of free association.20.
None to speak of, old or new. Sorry.
1. What question would you like to ask yourself as you read this question?
2. Would you deliver the coup de grace to one of your fellow soldiers infested by brain-rotting mindworms who starts lashing out on your (and his) squad with his large saber not unlike a maniac--supposing you're one of them dragon-riding Imperial Guards tasked to eradicate each and every sinister creature plaguing the royal realm and threatened her safety? If not, what would you do then?
3. Have you read Robert Anton Wilson's Illuminatus! Trilogy? what do you think of his works in general? do you agree in general with his stance on Discordianism?
4. Have you read RAW's Quantum Psychology? Do you think the whole book is just him trolling the readers or you think he did mean his propositions on the nigh-impossibility to interpret the world objectively, and to eventually come to the notion of solipsism as had been posited by Berkeley?
5. Most favorite drink?
6. Best Discworld novel? why?
7. Do you believe in reincarnation? Do you think Zen koans are pure fucking bullshit or otherwise? what of ice cream koans?
8. One fine evening you were out strolling on a park in your town--the children roam the playground no longer. The swing sets get slightly rocked by the gentle breeze of dusk. A baby elephant comes tugging her trunk at your back, almost as if tapping your shoulder. Then her head splits open and out emerges a baby in her birthday suit with a bloated (or, more precisely, slowly bloating) head and blood streaming fast like the river Lethe from her eyes and nose and ears. Yellowish-white maggots can be seen squirming in her mouth; as if performing a poorly-coordinated danse macabre in a dimly-lit ballroom of a hilltop manor located somewhere in New England. She asked if you would play with her. Would you comply to such request? If not, what would you do?
9. What animal in the Zoo you would very much like to touch and caress affectionately?
10. This or That: Exile or Berserk?
11. What dream you had jotted down in your dream journals (or elsewhere) that resonates with you most? Why?
12. Describe the person asking this question in one word.
13. Which tarot arcana you think suits you best, if any?
One I haven't heard before. Something that reaches to the core of my personality. Something someone else wants to know.2.
Yes? What's the point in keeping liabilities around?3.
No, actually. I haven't been able to find a copy. I definitely agree with his stance on Discordianism.4.
No, but I've watched and listened to a great deal of interviews with him. I believe he fully believed in his philosophy of Maybe Logic. As do I. I am the poster child for solipsism on OMF.5.
Not read them.7.
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I don't disbelieve it either. I think it's irrelevant. I love Zen koans. Did you realize that I was a would be Zen Buddhist before asking this?8.
No. I would back away and once out of sight, keep going.9.
Any kind of snake.10.
I had a dream when I was six that a volcano erupted in my hometown. I tried to save my brother, but failed. I told myself that I must be dreaming and that I would never fail in reality. I told myself I could fight the lava. I jumped onto the trampoline and threw fire balls at the lava. It receded and I laughed, throwing fireballs maniacally. That dream helped me become virtually fearless. Ever since then, I have been the one people ask to check things out in the dark.12.
Edited by Makaze, 27 August 2014 - 11:57 PM.