Photo

Question Time with Makaze

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Question Time with Makaze (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Who should we question next?

1. Archshot (6 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

2. Echo (7 votes [13.73%])

Percentage of vote: 13.73%

3. Relinquisher (6 votes [11.76%])

4. Gnag (11 votes [21.57%])

Percentage of vote: 21.57%

5. Meadow1 (3 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

6. Raiden (5 votes [9.80%])

Percentage of vote: 9.80%

7. Goddess Nike (6 votes [11.76%])

8. Lone_ant (4 votes [7.84%])

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

9. soccerislife (3 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Makaze

Makaze

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:05 PM

Welcome to Question Time with Makaze! Ask away.

Remember to be respectful, and above all, enjoy yourselves.

Notes:
  • You may ask a maximum of 5 questions unless the person being asked the questions agrees to answering more. We don't want to overwhelm them.
  • Follow the forum rules.
  • Further rules found in the the discussion thread.
Spoiler Locked Nominations List

Spoiler Single Nominations List

Spoiler Hiatus

Spoiler Declined Particiation

I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

ibdl7kCi5PMto4.png
τη καλλίστη | Fallacious | Technical | BBCode Editor

#2 Archshot

Archshot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

You are stranded on a deserted island. Besides the obvious, like food and drink, you are allowed to have any 3 things with you, in any amount. What are they and why?

ccqshy5.png

Tag made by ZCOverload.

Check out his art thread here.

Are you a TF2 player? Join the TF2 Fanclub here.

#3 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Veneer

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,413 posts

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

1. Was it weird to have to make your own QT thread?

2. What is your opinion on the game itself?

3. What are, in your opinion, the biggest flaws with competitive games such as Hurt/Heal or Mafia? What about Question Time itself?

4. The pros to said forum games?

5. F/C impressions?

I'll clear this with no continues!

wlpOFuA.gif

#4 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

1. What would you think about a Question Time SG and is it something that you would ever consider running yourself?
  2. Where would you go if you could live anywhere?
  3. If you had to change the gender of any human who would you pick and why?
  4. F/C impressions?

#5 Makaze

Makaze

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

You are stranded on a deserted island. Besides the obvious, like food and drink, you are allowed to have any 3 things with you, in any amount. What are they and why?

People. I'm an extrovert at heart.

Books. One of the only mediums that you don't need complex technology to enjoy. Includes blank notebooks.

Rule books for all kinds of games. Something to do with our time.

Simple stuff.

1. Was it weird to have to make your own QT thread?
2. What is your opinion on the game itself?
3. What are, in your opinion, the biggest flaws with competitive games such as Hurt/Heal or Mafia? What about Question Time itself?
4. The pros to said forum games?
5. F/C impressions?

1. Yes. I felt strange making it. So used to just making them and moving on with my day until the next thread.
2. It's a great idea that brings the community closer together. Works best on sites with constant new faces. Unfortunately this site isn't one of them.
3. Hurt/Heal operates purely on popularity. Tensions are bound to run high when the game essentially consists of dissing each other's characters until only one is left.

Mafia has no problems in itself. The players make the game.

Question Time isn't competitive. The flaw in Question Time is found in its lack of longevity. Without fresh blood, you end up recycling the same people and it gets boring.

4. H/H: It's fun?

Mafia: Potentially practical problem solving, social experiment, lots of strategy.

Question Time: Getting to know people. A public way to make a closer-knit community. Keeps people around.

First: Older member, slightly pretentious. Highly detached. Doesn't like confrontation.
Current: Emotional. Has a short fuse. More jaded. Otherwise the same.

• What would you think about a Question Time SG and is it something that you would ever consider running yourself?
  • Where would you go if you could live anywhere?
  • If you had to change the gender of any human who would you pick and why?
  • F/C impressions?

1. Terrible idea. Would be actively against it. SGs aren't viewable to the general public. This game does not profit from any kind of exclusivity.
2. Norway. Low on violence, low on poverty, high on optimism.
3. Myself. I don't care what gender I am. Same goes for sex.

First: Overly eager. Attention seeking. Out of their depth in many respects.
Current: A dedicated, quick-learning and helpful member of the community.

You may ask up to twenty questions at a time.

Edited by Makaze, 27 August 2014 - 06:44 PM.

ibdl7kCi5PMto4.png

#6 Wingman

Wingman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

Hi Makaze!

1) How's life?

2) You are planning to take over the world. Who are your partners in crime? Doesn't have to be from OMF.

3) Pancakes or waffles? 

4) Recommend us your favorite dish

5) Do you any role models? 

6) Why do you stay with OMF? Why not go to some other active forum?

7) First and current impression, if any?

joker-s-pencil-trick-o.gif

#7 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,177 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:30 PM

I rarely (actually never) see you in any manga thread I've been to so I'm not even sure if you're on this forum for manga but I will just ask anw. If you don't read manga allow me to reset those manga question.

1. Top 10 favorite manga in terms of both quality and enjoyment (you know, some times you enjoy silly stuffs so enjoyment may not be quality), in order if you can or at least point out the all-time no.1 among them? (Whether you elaborate on them is your choice). If you can only read one manga for the rest of your life which would it be, both on-going and completed (which may not be among top10 above)?

2. Top 5 characters of each of the Big3 you read? (so 5 each) and top 5 male manga characters and 5 female in general? (be it because of badassery, trolling prowess, sexual presence, development, depth, appearance, abilities, power, intelligence etc.)

3. You can choose 3 mangaka to make the greatest manga of all time (in your taste of course. So subjective), who would you choose? Who do what?

For example: 1 does art, 1 does storyline and character development, 1 is responsible for a specific task like comedy OR you can have 2 do art (1 draws characters, the other draws background, for example) and all 3 do storyline etc. It's up to you.

If you don't know the mangaka's names, you can just mention the manga names and the strengths they have that you would want in your manga.

4. Top 5 favorite abilities/powers from manga?

5. Favorite cuisine, dish(es) and the best thing you can cook? Regarding that best food you can cook, do you have any specific advice (like improvisation) to make your own version?

6. Favorite and most hated cultures? Why?

7. Description of your ideal romantic partner? In both personality, character, physical features and anything else you want to elaborate further. Which do you value the most?

8. Your ideal/dream vacation? The place you want to go and who you go with, the scenery etc. stuffs like that.

9. Top 10 movies of all time (of all genres). Why you like them?

10. Top 5 JRPG and top 5 Western games (of all platforms)? If it's only PS2 (if you do play it) then your top5 are?

11. Your favorite school/uni/college's subject(s) and why? If money is not a problem, what do you want to study and how does that help your life and make an impact on society?

12. Your opinion on manga as a medium? Is it art?

13. If you rule the world and your desire is of absolute priority, what do you want to change for better (education, poverty, politics etc.)? And if you're evil, what do you want to change for worse?

14. Say, suddenly you're thrown into a fantasy world and you have to fight to survive or maybe even to crawl on top like in an action manga or RPG. What ''role'' would you want to be, what ability(ies) would you want to have (If you can have an completely original ability of your own, that fits your persona and fighting style, which would it be and how do you use it?), your choice of weapon and course of action?

15. Countries you want to visit, maybe even the specific cities or towns, and why?

16. 5 books (of all genres and types, though I would exclude textbooks :P or Bible and Quran cause too famous) you recommend people to read? If only literary novels count, what is those 5 now?

17. Your goal in life now?

18. Thing(s) that annoys you the most, maybe even despise/disgust, in someone's personality or character? In men exclusively? In women? Does it matter if it's just a thought they keep to themselves or do you only care if they bring it into action?

19. Politics view? Like, what type of government would you rather have among a zillion types exist in this world and what should they do etc.

20. F/C Impression?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#8 YoWid

YoWid

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:30 PM

1. What question would you like to ask yourself as you read this question?

2. Would you deliver the coup de grace to one of your fellow soldiers infested by brain-rotting mindworms who starts lashing out on your (and his) squad with his large saber not unlike a maniac--supposing you're one of them dragon-riding Imperial Guards tasked to eradicate each and every sinister creature plaguing the royal realm and threatened her safety? If not, what would you do then?

3. Have you read Robert Anton Wilson's Illuminatus! Trilogy? what do you think of his works in general? do you agree in general with his stance on Discordianism?

4. Have you read RAW's Quantum Psychology? Do you think the whole book is just him trolling the readers or you think he did mean his propositions on the nigh-impossibility to interpret the world objectively, and to eventually come to the notion of solipsism as had been posited by Berkeley?

5. Most favorite drink?

6. Best Discworld novel? why?

7. Do you believe in reincarnation? Do you think Zen koans are pure fucking bullshit or otherwise? what of ice cream koans?

8. One fine evening you were out strolling on a park in your town--the children roam the playground no longer. The swing sets get slightly rocked by the gentle breeze of dusk. A baby elephant comes tugging her trunk at your back, almost as if tapping your shoulder. Then her head splits open and out emerges a baby in her birthday suit with a bloated (or, more precisely, slowly bloating) head and blood streaming fast like the river Lethe from her eyes and nose and ears. Yellowish-white maggots can be seen squirming in her mouth; as if performing a poorly-coordinated danse macabre in a dimly-lit ballroom of a hilltop manor located somewhere in New England. She asked if you would play with her. Would you comply to such request? If not, what would you do?

9. What animal in the Zoo you would very much like to touch and caress affectionately?

10. This or That: Exile or Berserk?

11. What dream you had jotted down in your dream journals (or elsewhere) that resonates with you most? Why?

12. Describe the person asking this question in one word.

13. Which tarot arcana you think suits you best, if any?

Makasih, Makaze.  :^_^:

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

#9 Makaze

Makaze

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:46 PM

Hi Makaze!

1) How's life?

2) You are planning to take over the world. Who are your partners in crime? Doesn't have to be from OMF.

3) Pancakes or waffles? 

4) Recommend us your favorite dish

5) Do you any role models? 

6) Why do you stay with OMF? Why not go to some other active forum?

7) First and current impression, if any?

1. Uneventful, but pleasant.
2. My loved ones, my cousins, and a few intelligent people I've met along the way.
3. Waffles. Love the crisp.
4. Home made pizza. No contest.
5. Yes. Should have asked who they were, but I'll answer that anyway.

Robert Anton Wilson - A Zen and Discordian philosopher who helped open my eyes to a lot of perspectives I hadn't considered. One of the most easy going people to have lived, and someone I aspire to be like.
Joshua Abraham Norton - A paragon of character and intrigue, and the patron saint of Discord. A true hero.

6. I am on other active forums. I'm mostly here for these Question Times these days.
7. Highly superficial person. Not a deep thinker. Somewhat self-absorbed. Hasn't changed at all.

I rarely (actually never) see you in any manga thread I've been to so I'm not even sure if you're on this forum for manga but I will just ask anw. If you don't read manga allow me to reset those manga question.

1. Top 10 favorite manga in terms of both quality and enjoyment (you know, some times you enjoy silly stuffs so enjoyment may not be quality), in order if you can or at least point out the all-time no.1 among them? (Whether you elaborate on them is your choice). If you can only read one manga for the rest of your life which would it be, both on-going and completed (which may not be among top10 above)?

2. Top 5 characters of each of the Big3 you read? (so 5 each) and top 5 male manga characters and 5 female in general? (be it because of badassery, trolling prowess, sexual presence, development, depth, appearance, abilities, power, intelligence etc.)

3. You can choose 3 mangaka to make the greatest manga of all time (in your taste of course. So subjective), who would you choose? Who do what?
For example: 1 does art, 1 does storyline and character development, 1 is responsible for a specific task like comedy OR you can have 2 do art (1 draws characters, the other draws background, for example) and all 3 do storyline etc. It's up to you.
If you don't know the mangaka's names, you can just mention the manga names and the strengths they have that you would want in your manga.

4. Top 5 favorite abilities/powers from manga?

5. Favorite cuisine, dish(es) and the best thing you can cook? Regarding that best food you can cook, do you have any specific advice (like improvisation) to make your own version?

6. Favorite and most hated cultures? Why?

7. Description of your ideal romantic partner? In both personality, character, physical features and anything else you want to elaborate further. Which do you value the most?

8. Your ideal/dream vacation? The place you want to go and who you go with, the scenery etc. stuffs like that.

9. Top 10 movies of all time (of all genres). Why you like them?

10. Top 5 JRPG and top 5 Western games (of all platforms)? If it's only PS2 (if you do play it) then your top5 are?

11. Your favorite school/uni/college's subject(s) and why? If money is not a problem, what do you want to study and how does that help your life and make an impact on society?

12. Your opinion on manga as a medium? Is it art?

13. If you rule the world and your desire is of absolute priority, what do you want to change for better (education, poverty, politics etc.)? And if you're evil, what do you want to change for worse?

14. Say, suddenly you're thrown into a fantasy world and you have to fight to survive or maybe even to crawl on top like in an action manga or RPG. What ''role'' would you want to be, what ability(ies) would you want to have (If you can have an completely original ability of your own, that fits your persona and fighting style, which would it be and how do you use it?), your choice of weapon and course of action?

15. Countries you want to visit, maybe even the specific cities or towns, and why?

16. 5 books (of all genres and types, though I would exclude textbooks :P or Bible and Quran cause too famous) you recommend people to read? If only literary novels count, what is those 5 now?

17. Your goal in life now?

18. Thing(s) that annoys you the most, maybe even despise/disgust, in someone's personality or character? In men exclusively? In women? Does it matter if it's just a thought they keep to themselves or do you only care if they bring it into action?

19. Politics view? Like, what type of government would you rather have among a zillion types exist in this world and what should they do etc.

20. F/C Impression?

You're making me regret setting the limit so high.

1. Oh boy. Let me see...

20th Century Boys
Uzumaki
Liar Game
Oyasumi Punpun
Tomie (Anthology)
Rosario+Vampire
Doubt
Beelzebub
Pandora Hearts
Bleach

I couldn't pick one. I'd die before I made the decision. I guess I'd choose something long that I haven't read yet.

Bleach: Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, Kon, Rukia, Kenpachi
Naruto: Shikamaru, Kakashi, Pain, Sasori, Deidara
One Piece: Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Chopper, Usopp (Not that far)

4. This one I like.

The power to enter something's past.
The power to shapeshift.
The power to teleport.
The power to control perception.
The power to perceive and react instantaneously.

6. Favourite... Norway and Sweden. They have open minds about a lot of things and are not very prone to violence. Least favourite... US and Israel. They have dogma throughout them.

7. I have a romantic partner. My ideal relies on a few factors. The person must have potential. The person must be open minded. The person must have nice hair.

8. Somewhere where there is a forest. I like some amount of seclusion. With my lover, of course. Access to the ocean would be fantastic.

Or a trip around Europe.

9. Another good one. I won't give reasons because the better a movie is, the less I want to know about it before I watch it. I project that onto you.

In no particular order:

Fritz Lang's Metropolis
Into the Wild
The Talented Mr. Ripley
Pulp Fiction
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
The Godfather Trilogy
Let the Right One In
Harry Potter Series
AKIRA
Howl's Moving Castle

10. Hm. I'm not a huge gamer, but let's see.

JRPGS:

Kingdom Hearts
The Legend of Dragoon
Final Fantasy VII
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword

Western games:

Portal
Shadow of the Colossus
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro the Dragon
Jak and Daxter

11. Psychology/Sociology and Medicine. Both would help me control the people around me to an even greater extent, and help those I couldn't before. If money were not a problem I would go for Psychology/Sociology.

12. Yes. It is one of the best mediums because it engrosses the senses and offers the artist limitless possibilities for what they can convey. A picture is worth a thousand words, as it were. Manga combines the written and visual mediums superbly. Anime does something similar, but the sound changed the atmosphere. There is something about imagining sound in your head instead of hearing it that adds depth to the art of it.

13. This is a complex question. The answer is the same in both cases because the thing I want is both good and evil.

I would apply eugenics to eradicate the stupid and make humans as intelligent as they can be.

14. I would quickly adapt to the world I was set in and gain a grasp of the balance of power before doing anything, but if magic existed, I would find a way to become unnoticeable. Aside from learning as much magic as I could, I would become an assassin of the highest order, or a general mercenary for hire. Always been a fan of blades so those would be my weapon of choice. Ones I had enchanted in some way, perhaps to paralyze my enemy.

Animal Farm by George Orwell
Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
The Giver by Lois Lowry
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
The Magicians by Lev Grossman
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

17. Same as always. Become the ultimate being.

18. I have a lot of these. Closed mindedness is up there. The worst kind is complacency. There is nothing worse than a person who thinks things are good enough.

19. I am an individualist anarcho-socialist. I believe that the ideal social order is one built not on centralized martial control, but natural order built on the principles of free association.

20. None to speak of, old or new. Sorry.

1. What question would you like to ask yourself as you read this question?
2. Would you deliver the coup de grace to one of your fellow soldiers infested by brain-rotting mindworms who starts lashing out on your (and his) squad with his large saber not unlike a maniac--supposing you're one of them dragon-riding Imperial Guards tasked to eradicate each and every sinister creature plaguing the royal realm and threatened her safety? If not, what would you do then?
3. Have you read Robert Anton Wilson's Illuminatus! Trilogy? what do you think of his works in general? do you agree in general with his stance on Discordianism?
4. Have you read RAW's Quantum Psychology? Do you think the whole book is just him trolling the readers or you think he did mean his propositions on the nigh-impossibility to interpret the world objectively, and to eventually come to the notion of solipsism as had been posited by Berkeley?
5. Most favorite drink?
6. Best Discworld novel? why?
7. Do you believe in reincarnation? Do you think Zen koans are pure fucking bullshit or otherwise? what of ice cream koans?
8. One fine evening you were out strolling on a park in your town--the children roam the playground no longer. The swing sets get slightly rocked by the gentle breeze of dusk. A baby elephant comes tugging her trunk at your back, almost as if tapping your shoulder. Then her head splits open and out emerges a baby in her birthday suit with a bloated (or, more precisely, slowly bloating) head and blood streaming fast like the river Lethe from her eyes and nose and ears. Yellowish-white maggots can be seen squirming in her mouth; as if performing a poorly-coordinated danse macabre in a dimly-lit ballroom of a hilltop manor located somewhere in New England. She asked if you would play with her. Would you comply to such request? If not, what would you do?
9. What animal in the Zoo you would very much like to touch and caress affectionately?
10. This or That: Exile or Berserk?
11. What dream you had jotted down in your dream journals (or elsewhere) that resonates with you most? Why?
12. Describe the person asking this question in one word.
13. Which tarot arcana you think suits you best, if any?

Makasih, Makaze.  :^_^:

1. One I haven't heard before. Something that reaches to the core of my personality. Something someone else wants to know.
2. Yes? What's the point in keeping liabilities around?
3. No, actually. I haven't been able to find a copy. I definitely agree with his stance on Discordianism.
4. No, but I've watched and listened to a great deal of interviews with him. I believe he fully believed in his philosophy of Maybe Logic. As do I. I am the poster child for solipsism on OMF.
5. Dr Pepper.
6. Not read them.
7. I don't believe in reincarnation, but I don't disbelieve it either. I think it's irrelevant. I love Zen koans. Did you realize that I was a would be Zen Buddhist before asking this?
8. No. I would back away and once out of sight, keep going.
9. Any kind of snake.
10. Berserk.
11. I had a dream when I was six that a volcano erupted in my hometown. I tried to save my brother, but failed. I told myself that I must be dreaming and that I would never fail in reality. I told myself I could fight the lava. I jumped onto the trampoline and threw fire balls at the lava. It receded and I laughed, throwing fireballs maniacally. That dream helped me become virtually fearless. Ever since then, I have been the one people ask to check things out in the dark.
12. Unpredictable.
13. The Fool.

Edited by Makaze, 27 August 2014 - 11:57 PM.

ibdl7kCi5PMto4.png

#10 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,177 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:14 AM

13. This is a complex question. The answer is the same in both cases because the thing I want is both good and evil.

I would apply eugenics to eradicate the stupid and make humans as intelligent as they can be.

That's the same as my idea. What a surprise! For worse, that is.

What about question 3? I suppose you sort of answered question 5 by ''homemade pizza'', so what does this homemade pizaa have (toppings, dough etc.)?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#11 YoWid

YoWid

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:25 AM

Did you realize that I was a would be Zen Buddhist before asking this?

I do realize that--I do zazen myself for calming effect; but recently I think that the koan is either utter BS or Satori-inducing inquiries--or maybe both. Besides, words just won't do justice in the slightest on deciphering the possible mindfrak that might be inflicted by such riddles, I guess. Unless you're Bart Simpson. Xd

Do you think it sad if this tiny speck of a planet called Earth gets demolished after getting hit by some stray golf ball the size of Jupiter played by galaxy-sized alien toddlers mucking around in an inter-galactic Putt Putt golf course? Or would it be funny? Or would it be meh? Or?

15. Care to elaborate more on the criteria of 'stupid'?

#12 soccerislife

soccerislife

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:12 AM

Hey there. :^_^: I apologize if you don't find my questions entertaining, but I'll try my best. c:

1. This is probably my favorite quote, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." by Lao-Tzu.

-What kind of emotions does this evoke?

-Any particular memory that comes to mind at the thought of it?

-What do you feel would be necessary to take that single step?

-What do you feel would entail a journey so long?

-What would make it worth it in the end?

2. Why do you think mankind is so destructive?

- Do you think one day we'll wind up destroying one another? If so, care to elaborate?

3. You're on the brink of death, but you're given the chance to live. It comes at a cost. You have to give up one of the five human senses. 

-Which one would you give up?

-Why do you  feel you could live without this particular one and not the others?

-How drastically do you think life could change?

-What actions would you take to accommodate this new challenge?

-Which sense would you fear the most to lose and why?

4. Let's say you were in the stressful situation of having to choose who dies and who lives.

-One person is someone who you love dearly and feel you could never live without.

-The other person is someone you don't know, BUT they have the knowledge and thought process to advance the human race possibly 100s of years ahead of our time.

Who would you choose and why?

5. F/C?

Thank you. :)

Edited by soccerislife, 28 August 2014 - 01:18 AM.

KUn5clI.jpg

Too lazy to change the sig. Found the avatar too hilarious to pass up though. xD

#13 Archshot

Archshot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:33 AM

First and current impressions of me?

You get confirmation God does in fact exist. How do you react?

ccqshy5.png

Tag made by ZCOverload.

Check out his art thread here.

Are you a TF2 player? Join the TF2 Fanclub here.

#14 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

Spoiler

Edited by Goddess Nike, 28 August 2014 - 10:44 AM.

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#15 Hooded Crow

Hooded Crow

Robin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

1. What's something (recent) that you regret doing?

EDIT: Don't answer that :

You're making me regret setting the limit so high.

<.<

2. Name something that  makes you excited/overly happy

3. How's the usual day in the life of Maka?

4. What's your worst nightmare?

5. Would you ever get married?

Edited by Hooded Crow, 28 August 2014 - 11:09 AM.

Spoiler My favorite things

Spoiler

zs2sNXR.jpg

#16 Makaze

Makaze

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

That's the same as my idea. What a surprise! For worse, that is.

What about question 3? I suppose you sort of answered question 5 by ''homemade pizza'', so what does this homemade pizaa have (toppings, dough etc.)?

Pan crust, homemade pizza sauce with diced pepperoni and jalapeños, pepperoni, hot italian sausage, chunks of ham, jalapeños, diced bell peppers, mozzarella cheese, oregano.

5. Care to elaborate more on the criteria of 'stupid'?

Sub-optimal intelligence. The bar would raise with each generation. What was once considered intelligent would become the new stupid.

Hey there. :^_^: I apologize if you don't find my questions entertaining, but I'll try my best. c:

1. This is probably my favorite quote, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." by Lao-Tzu.
-What kind of emotions does this evoke?
-Any particular memory that comes to mind at the thought of it?
-What do you feel would be necessary to take that single step?
-What do you feel would entail a journey so long?
-What would make it worth it in the end?

Nostalgia.
Not particularly. Maybe a dream where I traveled a great distance.
The will to do it.
Need for change.
Experience.

2. Why do you think mankind is so destructive?
- Do you think one day we'll wind up destroying one another? If so, care to elaborate?

Because we are afraid.
It's certainly possible. There are many with the power to end our species on a whim. The need to win every pissing contest may lead to someone using it. It will get worse before it gets better.

3. You're on the brink of death, but you're given the chance to live. It comes at a cost. You have to give up one of the five human senses. 
-Which one would you give up?
-Why do you  feel you could live without this particular one and not the others?
-How drastically do you think life could change?
-What actions would you take to accommodate this new challenge?
-Which sense would you fear the most to lose and why?

Taste.
Because it has the least survival value.
Not very drastically. I suppose I would become less picky about my food?
Eat healthier foods I would never have touched before.
Touch. Touch has the most survival value. It gives one awareness of self, of where their body is and how much force they are using. Without it, all coordination would be lost.

4. Let's say you were in the stressful situation of having to choose who dies and who lives.
-One person is someone who you love dearly and feel you could never live without.
-The other person is someone you don't know, BUT they have the knowledge and thought process to advance the human race possibly 100s of years ahead of our time.
Who would you choose and why?

The one I love, no question. If I feel I can't live without them, I will have no choice. I am a slave to my desires like all humans.

5. F/C?

Thank you. :)

First: A happy go lucky person.
Current: Surprisingly curious and observant.

First and current impressions of me?

You get confirmation God does in fact exist. How do you react?

First: A pretentious, self-absorbed kid who thinks they know how the world works.
Current: A little closer to being correct.

Find a way to kill the bastard.

Spoiler

1. Because it was fun. A part of me probably wanted to get back at you for the times you've called me out.
2. Me in complete serenity, having all knowledge and being at peace with death. That may mean I may see nothing at all, because I would probably be dead.
3. Some that I never get tired of:

What is free will? Is it possible?
Is it possible to obtain objective knowledge?
What is the essence of a person?
Are emotions valuable?
Is logic fallible?

I'm not sure. We haven't debated a lot of things.

4. I've always wanted a wild cat. Maybe a tiger.
5. This changes a lot more than it used to. I don't want everyone to dislike me or like me. I want as many opinions about me as I can possibly get, because I believe that other people are mirrors of myself. I want people to judge me. I suppose if I didn't need to care what people thought I would pursue romance with a great number of people simultaneously.
6. Pride, Greed and Lust affect me pretty strongly, each one less than the last. While I don't have much shame, I take pride in the way I am. I dislike that sometimes. I want everything, especially knowledge. I sometimes spread myself too thin trying to have everything. I lust for certain people without much restraint. It has gotten me into trouble before.

7. I believe it's an impossibility. If there is a possibility for a person to have a contrary morality, there are at at least two moralities that you can't compare to each other without inventing a third meta-standard to compare them to. On the higher meta-plane, it's possible for a contrary meta-standard to exist. You can't compare the two meta-standards without creating a requirement for a fourth meta-meta-standard to judge meta-standards against. It results in an infinite regress of possible objective standards.

That's what I'd like to say, but I don't think it would be possible even if there were only one option. Take a world where where only one moral stance is possible. A world where we are all Clockwork Oranges. You can't call that a moral standard because it isn't a personal value system, it's a conditioned behavioral pattern.

The closest we can get to an objective moral truth is a universally accepted moral truth. If even one person is born who disagrees, the question gets raised again. Good luck getting that far.

8. Rationality, adaptability, honesty, patience, and bravery.
9. Yes. I didn't plan it that way when I started out, but it gives me a level of control of my image that I find comforting.
10. Philosophy, Psychology and Anthropology, in that order. I am interested in what I am, what I am capable of and what I tend toward, and others by extension. My interests go from pure reasoning outward to scientific experiment.
11. I haven't given it much thought. I suppose it might give us creativity, or be a catalyst for it.
12. Oh, goodness. I have no idea. Every time I think of one I think of two more that are just as good. Knowing what I know, my favourite moment is in the first episode where he said
Spoiler

13. Not that long ago. Maybe a few weeks? I make JavaScript apps for people on request and release them to the public for free, which probably counts.
14. Threaten politicians and religious figures into following my will. I would do so by killing their confidants and making them send the messages before they died, to avoid all chances of a paper trail. I would single-handedly put a stop to wars. Light had a small vision.
15. Other people tell me I find myself thinking myself less able than I am. I have trouble taking compliments because I tend to believe that I am no more intelligent than anyone else. Any difference in results happens because I apply myself more thoroughly to what I'm doing.

I think they call that the impostor syndrome, a part of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

I can't think of any fallacies I fall to. Let me know if you notice any.

1. What's something (recent) that you regret doing?
EDIT: Don't answer that :

<.<
2. Name something that  makes you excited/overly happy
3. How's the usual day in the life of Maka?
4. What's your worst nightmare?
5. Would you ever get married?

2. I love getting out of the house and trying new things. The prospect of travel gets me happier than most things in the world.
3. Ah-ah. That would be telling.
4. Losing my lover due to a mistake I made.
5. No. I don't believe in putting a contract on love.

Edited by Makaze, 28 August 2014 - 06:09 PM.

ibdl7kCi5PMto4.png

#17 YoWid

YoWid

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:42 PM

Sub-optimal intelligence. The bar would raise with each generation. What was once considered intelligent would become the new stupid.

How true. Times, they are a-changin'.  :)

16. Fear. What do you say/do to yourself to be able to conquer the fear--and not let the fear conquer you? (e.g., invoking your volcano dream in mind, etc.?)

17. What, to you, is the meaning of human existence?

18. If you have less than an hour left to live your life--and you know it; what music would you play in loop for an hour until your time is up?

#18 Makaze

Makaze

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

How true. Times, they are a-changin'.  :)

16. Fear. What do you say/do to yourself to be able to conquer the fear--and not let the fear conquer you? (e.g., invoking your volcano dream in mind, etc.?)
17. What, to you, is the meaning of human existence?
18. If you have less than an hour left to live your life--and you know it; what music would you play in loop for an hour until your time is up?

16. Fear doesn't help.
17. Satiate all desires until you want for nothing.
18. Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? on shuffle repeat.

Edited by Makaze, 29 August 2014 - 02:38 PM.

ibdl7kCi5PMto4.png

#19 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,011 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

First: A pretentious, self-absorbed kid who thinks they know how the world works.

1. How far does this differ from your perception of yourself?

#20 Makaze

Makaze

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

1. How far does this differ from your perception of yourself?

Further than it used to. I gained a concept of true relativism. It opened my eyes to a lot of things, like that there is no such thing as higher ground. I have no place to look down on others.

ibdl7kCi5PMto4.png