Photo

Television Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
422 replies to this topic

#1 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,301 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:41 PM

348io2e.jpg

Brian O'Blivion: The battle for the mind of North America will be fought in the video arena: the Videodrome. The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye. Therefore, the television screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore, whatever appears on the television screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore, television is reality, and reality is less than television

Brian O'Blivion: The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye.

Max Renn: Long live the new flesh.

Brian O'Blivion: Television is reality, and reality is less than television.

From the 1983 movie Videodrome (Yes, I know it's weird to start a tv thread with movie quotes but still...)

Previous thread here.

List of all TV threadsList of all Movie Threads

Edited by DarkNemesis, 22 November 2014 - 08:36 PM.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,345 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:45 PM

@garlyle, I forgot to mention this to you after you talked about manga that you wanted to get an anime on other thread but uh....

http://www.crunchyro...y-sins-anime-ad

Edited by Tokoya, 03 September 2014 - 01:46 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#3 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

YES! FINALLY! Finally a manga series I love is getting an anime. THANK YOU! I appreciate this excellent news @Tokoya. I've pretty much given up hope of ever being able to buy a Hunter series on Blu-ray seeing as that would require the series to release more than an average of 5 chapters a year. (That last fact is backed up by zero actual math, because math is of the devil, proven by the fact that god made calculators, and even THEN I won't do math)

#4 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:43 PM

so is anyone watching season 2 of "The Bridge" on FX, just wondering if its as good as season 1?

Pusha T - Story of Adidon

#5 Peleihno

Peleihno

F*ck Trump

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:20 PM

Manhattan has been quite enjoyable. 

Spoiler Fun Posts

[INSERT SUPER DUPER AWESOME SIG!]

#6 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:16 PM

Has anyone seen the show "From Dusk till Dawn"? Marathoning it on netflix, and I can't say I'm enjoying it. The brothers suck, the family is boring, and the dialogue is cringe worthy. Wilmer Valderamas is too cool for school though; so much so that it's actually kind of a problem. He steals every scene he's in. Wondering if anyone has already finished it and has a different opinion.

#7 Acidrain

Acidrain

Chatbox Turtle Hermit

• Chatbox Moderators
  • 827 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:37 PM

The movie is pretty fun, but yeah that series seemed pretty horrible. Havent watched it though.

The Leftovers finale was pretty amazing btw. Looking forward to seeing more from this show.

2uh96kn.jpg

Spoiler

#8 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:43 AM

Has anyone seen the show "From Dusk till Dawn"? Marathoning it on netflix, and I can't say I'm enjoying it. The brothers suck, the family is boring, and the dialogue is cringe worthy. Wilmer Valderamas is too cool for school though; so much so that it's actually kind of a problem. He steals every scene he's in. Wondering if anyone has already finished it and has a different opinion.

The only good thing wilmer valderrama ever did was that 70's show, everything else is garbage. 

24gvaiu.jpg

#9 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:27 AM

Okaaaay...but have you actually seen the show?

#10 Acidrain

Acidrain

Chatbox Turtle Hermit

• Chatbox Moderators
  • 827 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:09 AM

The only good thing wilmer valderrama ever did was that 70's show, everything else is garbage. 

what, you didnt like Yo Mama? :psyduck:

2uh96kn.jpg

Spoiler

#11 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:25 AM

Saw it myself, and found it rather boring an uninteresting.

The pacing, the dialogue, characterization, and the plot with it's sub plots.

Just really bad and boring ..... really really really BORING.

Now the movie wasn't really all that great either IMO, but it's by far better than the series. 

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#12 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:38 AM

Saw it myself, and found it rather boring an uninteresting.

The pacing, the dialogue, characterization, and the plot with it's sub plots.

Just really bad and boring ..... really really really BORING.

Now the movie wasn't really all that great either IMO, but it's by far better than the series. 

job well done yuber, i knew it sucked. The movie was ok until that guy with the piston in the groin dies then it goes downhill from there

Edited by tenchu, 08 September 2014 - 01:02 PM.

24gvaiu.jpg

#13 Ex-Invidia

Ex-Invidia

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

Not long until the new season of American Horror Story and Arrow!

#14 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:00 AM

Just finished it last night. Terrible. The main character is awful, the entire way through. It was absolutely the opposite of engaging. Waste of time. To anyone who hasn't seen it, count yourself lucky, and don't bother.

#15 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:01 AM

The Leftovers finale was pretty amazing btw. Looking forward to seeing more from this show.

@Acidrain

I didn't think that there'd be more, do you know if there will be. It's based on a book and I read the synopsis on wikipedia a few weeks ago and for the most part, the series stays mostly faithful (about as much as GoT does) to the source. The only thing I remember about the ending that I read on wikipedia is Kevin's son leaving the baby on Kevin's porch, so I assumed it's ended for good. 

XE6c6KC.png?2

#16 Acidrain

Acidrain

Chatbox Turtle Hermit

• Chatbox Moderators
  • 827 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:22 AM

@Acidrain

I didn't think that there'd be more, do you know if there will be. It's based on a book and I read the synopsis on wikipedia a few weeks ago and for the most part, the series stays mostly faithful (about as much as GoT does) to the source. The only thing I remember about the ending that I read on wikipedia is Kevin's son leaving the baby on Kevin's porch, so I assumed it's ended for good. 

yeah season 1 ends where the book ends, and it really does feel like a definitive end for the entire story, but supposedly it was picked up for season 2 so I guess they are going to go off in their own direction now.

2uh96kn.jpg

Spoiler

#17 Nmaan

Nmaan

King of the Sports Discussion

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:09 AM

Rick and Morty is currently my favourite cartoon, though when Archer's back it'll be a tough call.

Feed me and I'll be your friend forever, steal my treats and I make you into meats.

I'm big and I'm bad, so try not to make me mad. xD

http://thepunchlinei.../2010-10-18.jpg

QT with yours truly

http://onemangaforum...ime-with-nmaan/

Number 2

http://onemangaforum...ime-with-nmaan/

#18 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:31 PM

This is usually when I would bring up venture bros. but it doesn't come out often enough for that to be fair. :(

#19 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:45 PM

S.O.A.= Jax Teller is my Hero, nuff said :angry:

Pusha T - Story of Adidon

#20 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:48 PM

Just finished the season finale of Graceland; hated it. Which sucks because I LOVED the first season. I don't know what it is about modern TV where the second seasons of so many shows have to revolve around the trust between the main characters being splintered or broken before inevitably being put back together by seasons end. It is boring and painful to watch and yet so many shows do it.

Biggest problem I had was paige.

Spoiler

Is anybody watching 'Legends" with sean bean? I'm loving it so far. Fast, intense, grown up, consistently engaging, with a mystery you actually want to see solved. Really hoping it stays as amazing as its been and doesn't pull a 'Blacklist' and go down hill, hard and fast.