Well my turn is up, no one seems to be enthusiastic about Question Time no more, so i'll try to spice it up a bit somehow. Also i dont have a lot of time but I'll try and be as active as possible, to that extent Im going to say 50 questions per person, and even then i might just ignore/give bad answers to those who try and give me a lot (you know who you people are) but without further ado, lets get it poppin.
After reading through your last thread I'm surprised there are even questions still to be asked
I. What do you think is the most controversial opinion that you have?
II. If you were to look into the Mirror of Erised (from Harry Potter) what would you see? How close / possible is that reflection to being a reality?
III. What do you think is the most important thing you've learned from studying history?
IV. When was the last time you did any charitable work (eg. donating blood, volunterring at a shelter)
V. How much do you think the seven so-called capital vices (wrath, lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, envy, pride) affect you?
Tell me about it ;=; even though my last wave of responses got deleted, I still answered a lot x.x, but hey, can only hope for a repeat outcome this time (although maybe slightly less)
1. I think puppies are cute, bear with me on this, but they really are. Honestly I'm not sure, i know such a wide variety of people with such a wide variety of opinions that i cant pinpoint what would be the most outlandish to the most amount of people, i know the simple fact that I'm into manga/anime might really throw off a lot of people, while certain other things people might have heard so many times they don't even give it a second thought. So really i have no idea, just argue with me sometime and find out yourself maybe? XD
2. Hmmm, luckily i know what this is lol. I think I would see myself teaching at a nice university, and i know its just a picture but somehow include a nice family and friends around me. I just want a complete life really, each part is important to me, financial success, career success, social success, etc.
3. I think the most important thing I've learned is the sort of cyclical nature of things. When you learn history a lot of peoples experiences are learning the dates and places and people and events. You learn about specific points in history and assume that's all that history has to offer. But as you get more into it you start learning about the patterns in history, and why certain people and events are relevant, and why the dates matter in terms to the events, and from there you can start picking out interesting things in history, and generally you will gravitate to times and places you either relate to or like the most. Its similar to finding a new book or manga to read, you learn about the stuff that interests you, and for me that was the idea that much of history is just looking at events and seeing where they came from. You can see current events in a whole new light if you understand the historical circumstances of the event and you only understand it more the more you learn about history, which is pretty cool to me.
4. Pretty sure it was a while ago <.< but i think it was doing work for a store, like its a store that you donate stuff to, they sell it, and then the proceeds go to whatever charity/organization the store supports. I worked as someone who would restock the shelves and do all the general stuff a store employee would do but obviously didn't get paid because it was volunteer work, and i think I've donated blood since then but that's the last big volunteer effort i can remember doing.
5. Thats a good question o.o
- Wrath: I think that generally I don't get very angry, like maybe 2 people on OMF have seen me angry (might just be one actually) so i don't think it affects me very much. But while it takes the right combination of things to get me angry when i get really angry i get seriously angry, so that's not great.
- Lust: My body certainly does o.o I think if I think about it though i don't have a whole lot, like i have an average amount for a guy I would say xD but just looking at all the people around me and such I would say I'm not very lustful, I don't need it or crave it or anything, its just something nice in life, its like any desire really, i don't treat it as special.
- Gluttony: Eating part of this i might be the opposite, I don't really like much food or eating a lot xD As for just wanting things, im too cheap to really be that glutinous <.< but i know what i want and will go after it, i just don't want too many things, which works out well for me.
- Greed: Sorta works into gluttony i guess, but im greedy and selfish yes but again, too cheap to do anything about it most the time lol. So im greedy, but don't have the money to be truly greedy.
- Sloth: Oh man im lazy as balls, especially in school, im generally good at work, generally good at dealing with things, but when it comes to school im very lazy, lets just say i give @DaEvilWithin
- Envy: I get spurts of this, but i don't think im very envious in general, i am generally secure in my relationships. I dont envy very much honestly, and even the flashes of envy that people naturally get i usually dont express them or give them much thought.
- Pride: I'm proud to be an american, where at least i know im free. Anywho i dislike lots of things about myself and my life so its hard to be confident or prideful about those, but im good at being fake confident and i do have things i like and think highly of myself in other areas, so i can be very boastful, but anyone who really knows me also knows that im not honestly that prideful, but are good at putting on a front.
1. What is something that you think you handle with grace that others might not/probably wouldn't be able to do, in your opinion?
2. Looking back on your life so far, is there anything you wish you could have gone back and done that you turned down at the time?
3. Has studying history had a major influence on your political and philosophical views? How so?
5. How would you describe the difference in winter time where we each live?
Can we ask more questions, please?
1. I think i handle like arguments and drama and that sort of thing well. I know a lot of people who cant handle trolling or any sort of hurtful/perceived stupid ideas after a while because they get angry. Like i said before i don't get angry easily so i can joke around and handle most things, its usually other people that will get upset at what im saying. So i think i generally handle upset people with grace, since i do really well at being calm and trying to naturally wind them down. Though i know of some people that do it even better than i do. (@zetruz)
2. Too many to count really, but i dont spend time worrying about most of them or else they would take up half my day. There are the big important life decision ones that i would like to re-do, and you already know those so i dont need to mention them, but i am ok with how life has panned out anyways, im not deeply in the past or regretful, but i would still take up the offer if it was given to me, even with the consequences that might result.
3. Well more studying philosophy and politics has xD but I would say that yes they have. Learning about these things obviously shaped opinions where i had none before, or had a rough opinion but now i have a influenced and more full opinion of whatever subject/topic it is. Education is a great thing really, and I'd say most my views have been influenced by it.
4. Yeah i figured as much, and im sure he misses you too <3
5. Well one of us has a real winter, and the other one has a fake winter.
Yes you can ask more questions like i said above
1. Doctor or Professor? (you can only pick one)
1. Professor obviously if you remember why that started xD. But i do hate you for making me choose since i deserve all the titles.
1. Top 10 favorite manga in terms of both quality and enjoyment (you know, some times you enjoy silly stuffs so enjoyment may not be quality)
1. One Piece - All time favorite, even with dips in quality here and there and general dislike of some periods, i still enjoy reading it weekly and talk about it more than anything else, so honestly quality wise i cant say this is #1 but its my favorite manga regardless because of how into the entire manga i can immerse myself.
2. Fullmetal Alchemist - I've found that few people can really dislike this manga, i mean i think its popped up in most responses to your questions that ive seen. If i had to suggest a new manga reader to get into manga this is what id suggest, its almost perfect in terms of manga: storytelling, art, characters, etc Its a perfect example of an all around good manga, it has shonen for the shonen fans, it has senein for those fans, it has deep characters and storytelling for those who want it, and lighthearted comedy and silly characters for those who like that, its an amazing blend of the manga spectrum.
3. Tower of God - You said manga, but i tend to include all types of eastern comics in this kind of question. So anyways Tower of God to me is aspiring to what one piece could be, out of all the Korean webcomics ive read so far this is clear and away the best. Its got a really engaging universe full of potential, its paced fairly well, its got interesting story telling and characters, it gets deluded sometimes in the little arcs and games it does, but overall its really good.
4. One-Punch Man: I like comedies and i really like shonen, so a parody of the shonen genre, with really really amazing art and really really amazing story telling has to make the list. Ive read the original version too and the art is shit but the story actually makes it worth it, the art just brings it to whole new levels for me. Yeah its almost perfectly done how funny and great this is done, with the art it makes it amazing, im sure as this series goes on it might actually bump its way into my top 3.
5. Vinland Saga: I always say this is the series that berserk started out as before it went into really uninteresting areas and eventually just stopped publishing, its a good berserk, and a consistent berserk that i can read monthly. I really enjoy it.
6. Great Teacher Onizaku: Another comedy that i really liked, its just really well done and hilarious, id recommend it for anyone who likes comedy. It gets very silly and juvenile a lot of the time, but i love how the class is developed over time and how everyone is a dynamic character.
7. Soul Eater: I know a lot of people hated how it ended but i really didnt mind it and liked most of it xD i ofc had my problems with the last chapter, but that's a common occurrence in manga to have weird and dumb last chapters, so i don't put too much fault into it. I think the series as a whole was very well done and interesting, especially black star and his relationship with kid.
8. God of Highschool: Its using Journey to the west as a basis, just like DBZ did somewhat, but this one is a bit more literal, but its still shonen.....so not fully xD its another good Korean webcomic that took me two reads to really appreciate, but its one of the only ongoing series that i really like the fighting in, now that naruto has become terrible and even one piece goes long spans without any actual fights being done.
9. Battle Angel Alita - Last Order: I separate them because i feel like they are almost two different series to be honest. So i really like this one more because it has a lot better and more frequent fighting and i thought the characters were all more fun, obviously you cant top the Destynova craziness in the first part, but overall i thought last order was more entertaining to me.
10. Blade of the Immortal: This is a series that i took like almost a year to fully read, mostly because this type of thing gets really hard to read to me, the senien serious type of series, things like gantz and berserk are easier since theres more violence and fighting and such, but i really enjoyed this series story wise, and the reason its not higher is because of the art honestly, i know everyone says its just the style choice but to me its a bad style choice <.< and the reason those other series that i mentioned are not in my top 10 is because there stories heavily dropped off to me while blade of the immortal actually started a bit slow but never slowed down.
If you can only read one manga for the rest of your life which would it be, both on-going and completed (which may not be among top10 above)?
2. Ongoing would be one piece since i love it and i can read it forever.
3. Completed would be GTO, i feel like comedy is better for longevity, and i would never get tired of how funny it is, so i could read that over and over if i needed to.
You can choose 3 mangaka to make the greatest manga of all time (in your taste, subjectively, of course), who would you choose? Who do what?
4. I think i would have Oda(one piece) do the world building, since that's really what hes mastered, and he would be the one who has the general overall say of what happens story wise. I would have Yusuke Murata(one punch man) do the art overall, but also i would want Kubo (bleach) ((haha but really though he makes amazing scenes)) to have input on how to draw and position things, because kubo does that amazingly with making good standout panels. Like i said i would want all 3 doing the story and adding input but oda has the final say on it.
Favorite cuisine, favorite dish(es) and the best thing(s) you can cook?
4. Eggs i guess, im not a great cooker <.< and i dont know how to do much really xD so i suppose i can do most styles of eggs and general breakfast food and i really like that kind of stuff, so that.
Regarding that best food you can cook, do you have any specific advice (like improvisation) to make your own version?
5. Not really no, everyone knows the different styles of eggs. I learned from @Petite Fleur
and her brother how to make a lot of good stuff though, so id have them teach you i guess xD
How do you describe your ideal romantic partner? In both personality, character, physical features and any other aspect you want to elaborate further.
6. @Petite Fleur
obviously /nervous glances
Really though i dont have a vision in my head of how they look, i think that if the person pulls something off well and it works for them then i will like it because they have confidence in it and know how to do it. Like i like certain haircuts but also when someone pulls one off i generally dont like i might be way more into it because of how it fits them. As for personality traits id say the usual stuff: giving, nice person, kind to others, enjoys life, someone i can talk to for hours on end, someone engaging, someone who motivates and encourages me, and someone who above all can accept me for who i am.
Which do you value the most?
7. Appearance wise i dont have a most important, really just the main thing is that they take care of themselves.
Personality wise the accepting thing, its important to me that i can fully be who i am without being judged for it.
What do you think about monogamy, polygamy, polygyny, polyamory, polyandry, open relationship?
8. uhhhhhh, i like being commited to ONE WOMAN FOREVER /nervous glances
Honestly the idea of monogamy suits me most, but ive never been married or in a very very long term relationship so im not completely sure yet. Ive never been in any of the others either so im equally not sure, but i do know that im not sure if i could share someone i truly love with other, but honestly for other people whatever works for them, I dont much care what works for you as long as everyone's consent is there im cool with it xD.
I mean the pros and cons and do you think ''1-1'' relationship is the ''right'' way to go or do you think people can genuinely love more than 1 and still make it work (how to keep all the lovers from fighting each other is a BIG problem, right? )? If it's your choice, no need to care about money or law or the norm standard, what would you want?
9. Honestly trying to be in a relationship with more than one woman sounds exhausting o.o am i right fellas!!!! hahahaha /nervous glancing
For me i would be interested in trying an open relationship just to see how it feels, but i doubt i would stick with it very long or like it very much, for sure would not want to be married like that. As for others, like i said, as long as everyone is consenting then i dont care what kind of relationship you have.
Why does zettie boy think he's a person?
1. You cant fault delusional people for the delusions they have. All we can do is continue to give him support.
I'll ask since I haven't done one of these in a while
1) Which Manga or Anime character do you most identify with and why?
2) A Djinn places a curse on you due to jaywalking in front of his car. Alas! You are to be turned into a domestic animal of some type, but being a >nice< Djinn, he lets you choose what you will be turned into. What will you choose, and why?
3) You find a fairy who un-animalizes you back to human. As you go to wander off, she says, "wait, you still have two more wishes!" What will they be, and why?
4) your wishes granted you begin to walk away, but the fairy blocks your way, "There is the matter of payment..." An evil flare lights up her eyes; "you must supply me with seven souls. If you don't, you'll be trapped in this bottle," she produces an Arabic style lamp, "for all eternity, or until someone dusts it. But then you'll be their djinn slave unless you can trick them to releasing you" So, what will you choose?
5) Current impressions of Nyanko?
Well welcome back then <3
1. Ok so in baccano! there is this character that shows up near the end of the series named Graham Specter
and when i was watching it i literally thought there were parts where i could see myself saying what hes saying, even out of context. And then just in the world of baccano i figured i would be him, so hes honestly the most ive identified with xD and he was only in like 2 episodes too ;=; he needs his own series or something. Other characters i like and recognize with would be: Black star, luffy, and Kyon (haruhi)
2. First off what a jerk, second off i would be a dog i think, they just seem to have fun all the time, i think id like that.
3. what a nice lady, ive forgotten all about the mean genie. First wish would be to have infinite money or some stupid high amount of money. Because i like having things and also ive found that like 75% of problems can be solved with money in some way or form, maybe even more, and it would allow me to do a lot of the things i want to do. Second wish would be to live forever honestly, i fear death a lot and it would be amazing to live forever, i realize there's a whole other fear that comes from that, so i guess id have to modify it to eternal youth and word it properly, but i would honestly enjoy that.
4. I knew i should not have trusted another magical being ;=; Well i have no idea how to acquire souls honestly. But id imagine it involves killing them and harvesting their souls, and only 7? well yeah sure, im an immortal rich person, i can easily do that. I'm of the mind that certain people don't deserve to live, and i know a couple people who share the sentiment, so among us we can rascle up seven people to take the souls away from.
5. Honestly most my impressions of you come from what Petite has told me xD and you seem to be a nice person, i dont think we have ever really talked to each other. But ive always liked your QT questions and you would prolly be fun to hear all the stories of your travels and what you did, so yeah id like to talk sometimes and get my own impressions i guess XD
Peace out until next round <3
Edited by Relinquisher, 08 September 2014 - 02:25 AM.