• Please log in to reply
2013 replies to this topic

#41 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,045 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:56 PM

So there's a Suicide Squad film in the works!

An the Supergirl TV Series, is taking off at CBS!

• Kazekage and Tokoya like this

#42 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:17 PM

Hypehypehypehypehype

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#43 King Tai

King Tai

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,828 posts
  • LocationNeo Florida

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:49 PM

I wish young justice came back. Cartoon network pisses me off...They need to bring back the DC Nation block instead of playing back to back unfunny bullshit.

Edited by King Tai, 21 September 2014 - 06:49 PM.

• Tokoya, waleuska and Blue22 like this

The_SHWANN_Universe_7_by_Shwann.jpg

#44 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:50 PM

I wish young justice came back. Cartoon network pisses me off...They need to bring back the DC Nation block instead of playing back to back unfunny bullshit.

You aren't the only one. If we could get Young Justice back and pretend TT GO never happened, I'd be the happiest man in the world.

#45 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,866 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:30 PM

Young Justice and JLU need to come back.

• Blue22 and Darthwin like this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#46 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:03 PM

After watching YJ, I always wondered how the DCU would fair if had another go at different shows that shared the same universe (Like the original Batman, Superman, JLU, Batman Beyond, and Static Shock cartoons)

You'd have the original team (Young Justice) in one show. The Justice League in their own. The newer members of the team forming the Titans (this idea can be seen in my sig). And give solo shows to heroes like Batman, Superman, ect.

It'd be cool seeing crossovers and how events in one series could affect the others. Examples:

- Barry Allen dies in Justice League. Go to the Titans series and you have Bart coping with his grandfather's death

- Damian Wayne and Supergirl join their respective families but are also members of the Titans or YJ

- Crossover Events like Crisis on Infinite Earths, Technis Imperative, and Blackest Knight, ect.

If we can get a shared Universe in the films, I wanna see if the same can be done for the TV series again

Edited by Blue22, 22 September 2014 - 03:09 PM.

#47 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:16 PM

Justice League Unlimited has a good run, I'd say as did Teen Titans. I am happy with all the great stuff we got during that period. I don't really care about Young Justice though.  One of those things that other people love but I couldn't get into.  

You aren't the only one. If we could get Young Justice back and pretend TT GO never happened, I'd be the happiest man in the world.

:whistle: 

• waleuska, Acidrain and YoWid like this

#48 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:20 PM

Oh you are evil!

• Kazekage likes this

#49 Acidrain

Acidrain

Chatbox Turtle Hermit

• Chatbox Moderators
  • 827 posts
  • Locationunder a sea of blankets

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:36 PM

So I feel really conflicted about Gotham.

• Blue22 likes this

2uh96kn.jpg

Spoiler

#50 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:48 PM

I thought that Gotham got off to a good start with this opening episode. 

We got to see the Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman, and Poison Ivy in their younger days. 

While I didn't instantly start liking the person playing Detective Gordon in this episode, I did find his portrayal of Gordon to be decent by the end of the episode.

The main thing that I liked about this episode was the ending to the show, where we are shown how the underworld has a major influence in the events regarding all classes of society. 

Gordon now has to start thinking about how he is plans to restructure the police department while being careful not to anger the crime bosses of the underworld.  

• waleuska likes this

15871545849_286028ae7d_o.jpg

#51 Acidrain

Acidrain

Chatbox Turtle Hermit

• Chatbox Moderators
  • 827 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

I hope they stick more to Gordon's story with the mob and Fish Mooney and all that jazz rather than catering to fanboys with all of these batman references. I mean...as of right now-

Spoiler

I hate batman stories that tie every single villain to the origin story of batman. Its just not realistic. Whats next. Mr. Freeze bought the fenced pearls of bruce wayne's mom for Nora?

Also something about the show just seems really cheap to me, though some of the more graphic bits seemed to be pretty well done. A lot of cheap, energetic cuts and quick jumpy editing though. Bad unintelligible music. Little to no breathing room. Cheesy title card, etc.

I could just be nitpicking. So far a lot of people like it from what I can tell. Certified fresh on rotten tomatoes. Maybe im just too knowledgeable a bat fan lol

either way im willing to stick with it. I like a handful of characters and I like some of the dialogue. Just not a fan of the direction.

In the end I just hope they make this show more about Gordon and less about "Gotham Jr."

• Kazekage, garlyle, Blue22 and 1 other like this

2uh96kn.jpg

Spoiler

#52 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:36 PM

So I feel really conflicted about Gotham.

I was too at first but now I've decided that I'm not interested. No Batfamily, no care-y. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what makes it stand out from your typical cop drama.

Edited by Blue22, 22 September 2014 - 09:39 PM.

#53 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:20 PM

Judging by everyone's reaction, it looks like this show is going to be exactly the kind of mess I had a feeling it was going to be.  

A friend of mine made an interesting observation; this show is mainly going to appeal to people whose only exposure to Batman are the Nolan movies and as he pointed out, a lot of people are praising it for not being campy as if people expect a campy Batman after 4 decades of a dark Batman.  

Edited by Kazekage, 22 September 2014 - 10:21 PM.

• Blue22 likes this

#54 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:31 PM

Spoiler

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#55 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationNestled in the comfortable embrace of darkness

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:11 AM

Did not like Gotham.

Spoiler
I knew this would be a different take on the concept of Batman, but the lack of respect with which this series shows the source material is hard to take.

• Kazekage, Acidrain, Blue22 and 1 other like this

#56 Acidrain

Acidrain

Chatbox Turtle Hermit

• Chatbox Moderators
  • 827 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:37 AM

Did not like Gotham.

Spoiler
I knew this would be a different take on the concept of Batman, but the lack of respect with which this series shows the source material is hard to take.

Spoiler

• garlyle likes this

2uh96kn.jpg

Spoiler

#57 garlyle

garlyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationNestled in the comfortable embrace of darkness

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

Spoiler

#58 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

TBF, Joker, Riddler and Penguin have all looked middle aged under the pen of some artists. Penguin is supposed to be middle aged in the comics.  So their ages in this one doesn't bother me much. Riddler and Joker have had receding hairlines in some comics. 

Things to look out for in the next few episodes:  

1) What is so interesting about doing a series about a prepubescent Batman, Poison Ivy and Catwoman? What kind of stories can be told with them at that age and is it interesting? 

2) What kind of storylines can be done with a Jim Gordon and Harvey Bullock at that age and in time, we know Gotham is going to be shit by the time Bruce puts on the cowl so what is the deal?  

3) Does the show say anything new or interesting about the characters?  

4) How many balant foreshadowing and shout outs are we going to get hit over the head with in each episode?  

5) How long is this show going to last? 

Edited by Kazekage, 23 September 2014 - 12:29 PM.

• waleuska and Acidrain like this

#59 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,387 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

TBF, Joker, Riddler and Penguin have all looked middle aged under the pen of some artists. Penguin is supposed to be middle aged in the comics.  So their ages in this one doesn't bother me much. Riddler and Joker have had receding hairlines in some comics. 

Things to look out for in the next few episodes:  

1) What is so interesting about doing a series about a prepubescent Batman, Poison Ivy and Catwoman? What kind of stories can be told with them at that age and is it interesting? 

2) What kind of storylines can be done with a Jim Gordon and Harvey Bullock at that age and in time, we know Gotham is going to be shit by the time Bruce puts on the cowl so what is the deal?  

3) Does the show say anything new or interesting about the characters?  

4) How many balant foreshadowing and shout outs are we going to get hit over the head with in each episode?  

5) How long is this show going to last? 

If this show is going to be good Gordon cannot clean up gotham. It might seem like he is but he should fail hard cleaning it.

If the writers are smart they would show Gordon destorying the old mobs and opening the way for the likes of penguin.  With Batman and Poison Ivy they need to show there growth. A small bruce wayne winning martial arts tournaments and getting straight A's in school, or something on those lines. Showing poison ivy with a green thumb and have people around her betray her. (because poison ivy like plants more then people)

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#60 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:49 PM

In the next riveting episode of Gotham: Bruce Wayne must pass his Science exam or he will flunk for the whole semester! Meanwhile, will Pepper Isley finally grow a pair of roses and take the 'nice' Mr. Woodrue's hand? Also, will Gordon finally pick out the right pair of glasses, find out the exciting reason for he decides to wear them (not really because he would back to normal and not wearing glasses at all by the end of the season but we had you going didn't we?)!    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users