476 replies to this topic

#461 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,276 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:07 AM

Why was Laws status as Shichibukai removed after allying himself with Luffy? Aren't Shichibukais still allowed to do pirating?

They are. They're not allowed to ally themselves to other pirates. If Luffy was Law's subordinate he would've remained a Shichibukai, but he specifically said Luffy was his equal in the alliance, so he was demoded

• Chillman likes this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#462 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:50 AM

That was a new rule we just learned about, Fuji explained it, other pirates can work for warlords but warlords can't team up with other pirates.

Think if it this way- if you work FOR a warlord you are working for the WG
If you work WITH a warlord, you are partnered with the WG, and the WG doesn't partner with pirates.... except the warlords.
So instead of having one government backed fearsome crew, the WG would have several small crews all with government immunity to pirate as they please.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#463 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,445 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:28 PM

Hey guys, when can we expect a chapter next?

Is it next week, or is there another holiday? 

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#464 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,406 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:59 PM

Are there any skypean people on BM's island?

Edited by Enbima, 02 May 2017 - 02:59 PM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#465 Saya

Saya

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationNot yet in a location

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:55 PM

I finally bought the game: One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 and Burning Blood, I was wondering if it was worth it and if the DLCs are necessary?

#466 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:09 PM

I finally bought the game: One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 and Burning Blood, I was wondering if it was worth it and if the DLCs are necessary?

I have burning blood for the Xbox one. I only got the character DLC and I really liked Garp and tesalo. CC just felt weird to use and his ultimate is really hard to get an enemy in position to hit (unless you are playing bots, I normally play people) lucci was ok, I didn't feel he was anything special they gave him haki though so he can break logia guard. Yep.... lucci gets haki but Jesus burgess doesn't.....

So to conclude that I would get the Garp character at least. I like him. But play the campaign and watch some YouTube of people using Garp he is a brawler, he has a cool grab move that stops DF users from using their DF, although it gets painful to watch after a while.

As for the clothing DLC screw those. They are all (most of them) different characters though, so if you want to make a team of 3 laws go ahead and get 3 law clothing DLC. I wouldn't. Oh and some of the dlc new costumes fight a little differently then the normal characters. I think dlc ace for the movie gold is cheap as hell.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#467 Saya

Saya

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationNot yet in a location

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:27 PM

I have burning blood for the Xbox one. I only got the character DLC and I really liked Garp and tesalo. CC just felt weird to use and his ultimate is really hard to get an enemy in position to hit (unless you are playing bots, I normally play people) lucci was ok, I didn't feel he was anything special they gave him haki though so he can break logia guard. Yep.... lucci gets haki but Jesus burgess doesn't.....
So to conclude that I would get the Garp character at least. I like him. But play the campaign and watch some YouTube of people using Garp he is a brawler, he has a cool grab move that stops DF users from using their DF, although it gets painful to watch after a while.
As for the clothing DLC screw those. They are all (most of them) different characters though, so if you want to make a team of 3 laws go ahead and get 3 law clothing DLC. I wouldn't. Oh and some of the dlc new costumes fight a little differently then the normal characters. I think dlc ace for the movie gold is cheap as hell.

Thanks, I might try out the DLCs for BB, I want to try out Nami and maybe a little of Shanks, Garp seem interesting to use based on what you said and on Youtube videos.

Campaign doesn't seem that interesting and look like a time waste, I already read the story and watch the anime for that.

I guess it is a no for the clothing DLCs.

#468 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:52 AM

This is not only for One Piece but for every Shounen series in general: Has the airing dates for chapters changed since for a couple of weeks atleast for Jaiminisbox and Mangastream have released their translatuons later than usual?

#469 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:33 AM

This is not only for One Piece but for every Shounen series in general: Has the airing dates for chapters changed since for a couple of weeks atleast for Jaiminisbox and Mangastream have released their translatuons later than usual?

No, I'm a WSJ subscriber myself and new issues for us still come out at the same time (Monday morning) so nothing has changed in regards to that. I don't know what is causing any possible delay from those translators (I haven't even noticed tbh) but technically any chapter that comes out before Monday is still really early anyway so you shouldn't worry about it. :shrug:

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#470 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,605 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:50 AM

Shueisha is cracking down on their distributors again, so leaks ahead of the official schedule are expected later.

#471 Goofyluffy

Goofyluffy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:56 AM

So, where should I go to read chapters now or where to buy them at?

#472 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,605 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:15 AM

So, where should I go to read chapters now or where to buy them at?

If you live in the US, you can get the Viz subscription and get chapters the same time as Japan in English. Depending on where you live, any well-stocked bookstore should have manga volumes, but the translation still takes a bunch of months after the volume release, which means you're always ~1 year behind the first magazine release. Online with questionable legality, Mangastream and Jamini's Box translate the chapters by week, and there's a ton of sites who steal these stolen chapters again and archive them.

• Chillman likes this

#473 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:45 AM

Is there a chapter this week? It feels weird that there isn't even spoilers yet...
  • PunkHazard likes this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#474 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,276 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:17 AM

Is there a chapter this week? It feels weird that there isn't even spoilers yet...

WSJ's site says the next issue is 25/9, so I'm guessing there is a chapter since we get it earlier than Japan.

No spoilers could mean that we might get a late chapter or something i dunno

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#475 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:44 PM

You people never made a Blackbeard Pirates thread?

#476 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,591 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:44 PM

You people never made a Blackbeard Pirates thread?

Well, not much to discuss since we know little about them, and those we do know, we have threads for BB himself and also Burgess.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#477 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,434 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:00 AM

What happened to the Master List of Discussions thread? Was gonna check if we had a thread about OP fights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users