#481 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,101 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:23 PM

so no chapter this week either? Or does this mean the monday release will be done on the usual thursday/friday the week before (=this week)?

"(Unofficial Friday - 12/22)"

Monday is the release day of WSJ, but we on the internet always get it stolen a few days earlier.

• capu likes this

#482 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:18 PM

Can anyone explain to me why the dwarves have more cover pages then the others? I mean despite the fact that they r the ones i am least interested in (since so far it was boring, thus my interest was gone after the 2nd cover page (although i liked the Usoland ship part)), was there some kind of hint where Oda stated how he will handle the fleet cover pages?

#483 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:26 PM

How many cover pages did the others get?

#484 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,101 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:51 AM

Can anyone explain to me why the dwarves have more cover pages then the others? I mean despite the fact that they r the ones i am least interested in (since so far it was boring, thus my interest was gone after the 2nd cover page (although i liked the Usoland ship part)), was there some kind of hint where Oda stated how he will handle the fleet cover pages?

Cavendish had 5.

Barto had 5.

Sai had 5.

Ideo had 6, for some reason.

Leo has 4 so far.

So no. Your perception is wrong ;)

• Raiden likes this

#485 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

Cavendish had 5.

Barto had 5.

Sai had 5.

Ideo had 6, for some reason.

Leo has 4 so far.

So no. Your perception is wrong ;)

true just checked. my memory tricked me, that devil....

Only Bartos, Happo Navy and Ideos ones were good though, i still stick to that ;)

Edited by capu, 04 February 2018 - 02:10 PM.

#486 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 April 2018 - 03:59 AM

Quick question, since awakened Zoans (i.e. ID guards) have the ability to regenerate damage done to them, was there ever any hint that the minks could to the same under the effect of the moonlight? I could actually see them to actually have such a skill, since the Minks are somehow comparable to the Zoan users. 

#487 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:06 AM

No they dont have that ability.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#488 EdwardTeach

EdwardTeach

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationFollowing Strawhats

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:55 AM

No chapter this week?

#489 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,101 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:15 AM

No chapter this week?

No, it's on break.

#490 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:31 PM

Is the Ace novel already translated, was it not supposed to air in April this year? Can anyone provide links for the Ace novel pls? Or is the sandman translation all there is so far with the novels itself not being released as of yet?

#491 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,338 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 02:53 PM

A render someone made of the One Piece world.
https://claystage.com/wp-content/uploads...

Here you can see it on a globe and move it around. https://claystage.com/one-piece/world/

No wonder Zoro got to Sabaody first, Kurigana is right next door. xD

Just saw this and my knowledge of One Piece has rusted greatly. 

Ignoring plot reasons what stopped Nami from sailing to the North Blue then crossing the calm belt to get to Raftel. 

@captain kidd

Edited by ddboy102, 19 March 2019 - 02:54 PM.

sUP3nUt.jpg?1

“I’m a slow learner, it’s true. But I learn. "

#492 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,536 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 03:21 PM

Ignoring plot reasons what stopped Nami from sailing to the North Blue then crossing the calm belt to get to Raftel. 

@captain kidd

From what I can remember, we still don't know how people cross between oceans unless Fishman Island or Mariejois.

Also they can't cross the calm belt. Although Rayleigh swiming through it does poes a problem to that

Edited by Strobacaxi, 19 March 2019 - 03:24 PM.

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#493 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:47 PM

@captain kidd

Not sure I understand the question but I will give you a knowledge dump and you tell me if there is still some co fusion ok?

So 1st off the map itself is wrong. Well I am being a little harsh, I understand the map is the way it is based on the linear path the story followed. But the most important take away is that rafetl is not the last island as this map would have you believe (once again I see the island marked last island and I know why he did it this way) but as rey has explained the last island long poses will lead to is not rafetl.
So the most important reason nami can do that is because she, like every pirate not a member of roger's crew, doesnt know where rafetl is.

The second problem with that is the nature of the calm belt.
1st- the calm belt is calm. No wind what so ever. So nami would have to row the whole time. And something oda has done consistantly is show the calm belt as being about half the size of the GL, in other words it is huge. Nami would be rowing half the width of the NW only to get to the real NW and have any ship she could possibly of been able to row on her own power destroyed by the ungodly weather patterns of the NW. So the catch 22 here is nami is not strong enough to row a big ship. And any ship small enough for her to row will be destroyed by a single NW wave. Nami hasnt shown any expertise in machines...but let's assume she buys a paddle ship. The 2nd problem is much worse-
2nd the Calm belt is a sea king nest. And it is apparently such a horrible sea king next that the second any ship touches it sea kings are all over that ship. So far there are only 3 ways to prevent nami's ship from instantly being eaten by a sea king the second she touched the calm belt.
1- what the marines do, they use sea stone to cover the bottom of their ships, it emits the same energy as the ocean and therefore sea kings dont notice it. BUT as we saw with momogan, the sea kings will attack the ship if they see it, they still have eyes, and they can just be swimming along and bump into it.
2- hancocks method, cover the ship in poisonous sea kings. Let's skip this one because nami clearly cant do that
3- being a bad ass. Rey and to a lesser extent the blue glory both were able to swim with sea kings and just beat them up if they got too close. Nami clearly cant do that.

So the only option nami has is the sea stone method but keep in mind, that method wasnt even known until coby got a little too chatty with luffy while nami was listening, so realistically, ignoring the fact nami probably cant get her hands on all that sea stone, she shouldn't even know that method exists.

3rd, this issue is more speculation on my part and there are a few issues with it but hear me out----- GL navigation. So we all remember that the go is so hard to navigate that taking your eyes off the compusa for only a second is enough to get the entire ship turned around and heading the wrong way. Oda seems to have forgotten his rules he made but I haven't. So when does that impossibility of navigation start? Maybe some time in the calm belt?

However nami didnt at the time know of how dangerous the nw/gl was, she was just as surprised as luffy was to leave about the log poses. So maybe she would be foolish enough to ignore this point of mine.

Ok now some random points
- nami is a weak girl, there are tons of tough nw crews that would love the change to steal her. You saw how bad arlong was to 5 year old nami, let's not imagine what a nw crew would do to adult nami.

- it isnt really her dream. Her dream is th map the entire world. It is 100% possible that rafetl is the vanishing isle from Aladdin and the prince of thieves (it was a turtle) or rafetl is hidden under water or in space or on a sky island. You get what I am trying to say right? It is possible for nami to accomplish her dream of maping the world, and still not know where rafetl is.

- also..... her dream is kinda bull shit up until the moment luffy defeated arlong her dream was to get as much money as she needed to buy back her village. She could of gone to rafetl to find Roger's long lost money, but that is very very dangerous and honestly she was doing very good for herself, she was only one voyage from freeing her village, no reason to risk her life in the NW.

- maybe she wanted a crew. I am not saying a crew of pirates maybe friends, or marines. I seriously doubt nami would take to the seas to map the entire world on her own.
- It makes sense to start easy. Map a little east blue, then the 1st half of the grand line then when you are ready go on to the NW. All the above reasons are good reasons not to jump in head first and the benefits she will get for going straight to rafetl are very minimal compared to the risks.

- finally nami has always been obsessed with treasure, but she has never been an idiot. The risks are far too great for her to realistically go after the final island in such a reckless manner.

Hey you want to know what the real question is? How the hell, is freaking Tb able to cross the red line? We have already established an island whale is too big to fit through the hole in the red line (which is why lagoon is doomed to never meet up with his family again) and TB is bigger then an island whale so how the hell is that island moving like that? Is sure as hell isnt getting over reverse mountain.
1 time was bull shit enough. But at least when it was only one time I was able to write it off as something someone helped moria with a long time ago. Shiki could get TB over the red line mayne shiki owed moria a favor? But this second time is bull shit, damn it guys we need an explanation from oda.
  • Tale likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#494 EdwardTeach

EdwardTeach

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationFollowing Strawhats

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:17 PM

So, I just saw the trailer for the Wano arc and the animation is good. Do you guys know if it's only for trailer or for the entire arc?

#495 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 06:51 AM

They probably took clips from already created scenes.
I saw it and was mesmerized because the animation is better than anything we ever saw and I believe this is the first arc to get a trailer.
You can expect greatness since this is a first.

#496 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:14 PM

Apparently they got a new animation guy and it's the dude who did the new broly movie so it's gonna be good

#497 Dude

Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:55 PM

Do you think that's kawamatsu or denjiro smiling in 947 page 9 .

Edited by Dude, 29 June 2019 - 12:56 PM.

• Dude likes this

#498 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 29 June 2019 - 04:30 PM

Do you think that's kawamatsu or denjiro smiling in 947 page 9 .

Its one of the Mafia bosses

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users