Photo

Nanatsu no Taizai [The Seven Deadly Sins]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
190 replies to this topic

#181 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:56 AM

Wow this dub snuck RIGHT under my nose. I had no idea it existed until like two days ago lol

Is Cristina Vee really playing Hawk? They wasted her talent on THAT!? That's almost as bad as Monica Rial playing the chick in Danganronpa who dies first. She definitely could have been Diane, Guila, or Jericho -____-

Edited by Blue22, 06 November 2015 - 08:58 AM.

#182 Gnag

Gnag

川 ̄_ゝ ̄)ノ ハロー♪

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:45 AM

Been thinkin about reading/watching this for some time. Finally started. at ep 6. 

Wondering if the anime follows the manga closely and up to where in the manga the anime has gotten? 

I dont wanna google and accidently get spoiled. ;=;

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Magic

#183 Acnologia

Acnologia

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:27 PM

Been thinkin about reading/watching this for some time. Finally started. at ep 6. 

Wondering if the anime follows the manga closely and up to where in the manga the anime has gotten? 

I dont wanna google and accidently get spoiled. ;=;

Honestly, read the manga.

I know it's a typical line, but the art is really wonderful and a lot is lost in the transition, especially those gorgeous medieval-esque backgrounds - not to mention the usual blood censor and changes to the story.

I think it's worth picking it up from chapter 1 again honestly. Watch the anime if like me you become a fan.

(To be fair, compared to most adaptations, it's still pretty good, but the cuts... yeah.)

Read here: http://manga.redhawk...s/en/0/1/page/1

Or download/here (if you download the first few volumes, I think they're the official english translations with volume-only extras): http://mangatraders....NanatsuNoTaizai

Enjoy.

Edited by Acnologia, 09 November 2015 - 01:28 PM.

Never forget @ Satan

PnxeAX8.jpg

"Uwaaa! IchiRuki no namida! Oishiiiiiiiiii" - Tite Kubo

#184 Master Splinter

Master Splinter

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:52 PM

So I just started watching this on Netflix, love the show and will start reading the manga soon. My only problem so far is my dislike of Elizabeth. She reminds me too much of Kagome/ Sakura/ Orihime. Does she get any better later on?

#185 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:22 PM

It depends on what you mean by better. She's more or less the same in the beginning as she is now but I'd be lying if I said she's made absolutely no growth. She at least makes efforts to helpful whenever she can. She's still not much a fighter though, and I doubt she will be. I can't speak for Kagome since I never got into Inuyasha but I'd say she's a much better character than Orihime and wasn't the damsel in distress for nearly as long as she was -____-

Been watching more of the dub. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about Bryce Papenbrooke (shout out to a VA with the same first name as me! :lol: ) playing Meliodas but his voice actually fits A LOT more than I thought it would. Same goes for more or less everyone. Honestly, the only voice that doesn't feel right is Ban's.

Also, I never realized Diane's name was pronounced "Dee-an"

Edited by Blue22, 10 November 2015 - 08:25 PM.

#186 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:29 PM

Is Cristina Vee really playing Hawk? They blessed her with the opporunity to play the greatest character in the universe!?

Yes, it is a lucky soul that gets to voice Lord Hawk, our saviour.

#187 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:48 AM

I'm actually really dissapointed in this new season so far, only the things after credits are not filler -.-

17.jpg

#188 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 02:25 AM

I'm actually really dissapointed in this new season so far, only the things after credits are not filler -.-

I didn't have high expectations to begin with, it's just a way to remind people of the show (make a little money) while they wait for more material to make a true season 2, and to fix how they ended the first season.

I do like the opening though.  :^_^:

#189 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,357 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 September 2016 - 01:09 PM

We're getting another anime and I'm guessing it'll be a proper S2

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#190 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:57 AM

We're getting another anime and I'm guessing it'll be a proper S2

Ah, that explains it

17.jpg

#191 secretzfan

secretzfan