Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,362 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:05 PM

VN players agree that Ufo adaptation is better than DEEN's but they have a LOT to ciriticize the anime since they have something to compare it to as oppose to Anime-watchers only. Typemoon's fans are a perfectionist bunch. They'll complain if they find even a miniscule mistake. This does not exclude me as well.

That's only a select few of VN purists....Most are pretty much in the same boat as you

I fought against the hater purists for weeks on MAL....There's this guy called Fai (CookingPriest on MAL) that is the worst one that I've ever seen. Like seriously this guy has consecutively hated on the second cour week after week and to make matters worse he even went as far as forcing his opinion on anime only's and speaking for us as if we all agreed with him or were too stupid to actually pay attention to and analyze what's going on in the episodes

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#522 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:19 AM

Gotta say, that battle at the bridge in Prisma Illya makes >so< much more sense after finishing Fate/Stay Night UBW...

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#523 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:49 AM

Most of the posters in a forum I frequent (it's a forum mainly around type-moon related content) have many complains of the adaptation. None of us have fangasmed over the anime. Not too much at least. A few even rated earlier episodes as terrible.

I would wager that that quote isn't from Beast Lair. It's a forum full of eltist typemoon fans and they can be quite vocal on anything type-moon related. Sometimes they go too far. I don't frequent that forum because of that attitude in some of the members.

Nah, i am not around those parts of the internet, why would i be anyway without having played the VN?!

Just my experience with VN players regarding the anime but granted, the ones i know are far from being elitist in any aspect.

qhz8b56l.png

#524 Tenno

Tenno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:15 PM

CI8oh52UEAEk_L0.jpg

Dub Cast...

Dub Trailer

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again" -Corrax Entry 7:17

#525 Namikaze_Naruto

Namikaze_Naruto

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationSmallville

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:01 AM

Their voices doesn't scream a perfect fit for me. Shirou's voice doesn't have the same impact as his Japanese VA and Rin's was too girly. Her voice needs a balance between feiry/forceful while maintaining it's feminine appeal.

Edited by Namikaze_Naruto, 07 July 2015 - 09:02 AM.

My Anime List | My Manga List

naruhinasig1.png

The Return of my Old Sig!

Spoiler Quotes

#526 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:19 AM

... Anyway Fate Prisma Illya's second cour to the second season is out now... it was super fun seeing Illya alive and well after what happened in UBW... episodes not for the faint hearted though!

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#527 Hodja

Hodja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:08 PM

Since I'm almost done with Tokyo Ghould and Parasyte, I wanted to start with this one.
Now I was wondering should I watch any other versions of fate? (srry if im the 1000th person to ask this :P)

Music will set you free!

Find Paced One Piece on 
http://onepace.net/

#528 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:15 PM

Since fate zero is a prequel I would suggest starting there if you're going for chronological order.

Then watch unlimited blade works

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#529 Namikaze_Naruto

Namikaze_Naruto

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationSmallville

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:49 AM

Personally  I think you should watch UBW first. Fate Zero spoils some elements that are not mentioned in UBW but are in the up coming Heaven Feel's movie.

naruhinasig1.png

Spoiler Quotes

#530 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:16 PM

The counter point is that if you watch UBW first you will already know how Fate Zero ends.

#531 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,362 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:38 PM

They kinda made UBW as some sort of sequel to Zero anyway

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#532 Hodja

Hodja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:12 PM

Well I started with Fate Zero, so far I really like this. Thanks for the advice. I'll be watching Fate Stay instantly when I finish Fate Zero

Music will set you free!

Find Paced One Piece on 
http://onepace.net/

#533 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:10 PM

Hm... The issue with watching UBW before Fate/Zero is the same issue of watching UBW before F/SN. If you don't know how the Holy Grail War normally works, then you can't appreciate how fun it is when everyone starts breaking the rules.

For instance, it's not as fun to watch F/Z Berserker humiliating Gil in his own game if you've never seen how broken Gil is supposed to be in UBW or F/SN. Kiritsugu's entire character is based around moping the floor with conventional masters by using modern warfare, so you can't really appreciate how clever he is if you don't know how masters are usually supposed to operate in the main series. If you sit down to think about it, there's a whole bunch of things in F/Z that were meant to subvert the events in the game, so I think it's only natural that it should be watched last.

Honestly, the only real issue is that watching UBW first spoils the ending of F/Z, but that's... well, let's just say the ending was not exactly F/Z's strongest point. Of course, that's just in my humble opinion.

samisig.jpg

#534 Namikaze_Naruto

Namikaze_Naruto

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationSmallville

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:44 PM

Hm... The issue with watching UBW before Fate/Zero is the same issue of watching UBW before F/SN. If you don't know how the Holy Grail War normally works, then you can't appreciate how fun it is when everyone starts breaking the rules.

Umm what? By F/SN you mean the Fate route? Or do you mean Fate Zero? Because all three routes are F/SN.

I think the better solution would have been to Play the Visual Novel first. It really makes you appreciate to see it animated. But hey some people are just lazy and doesn't want to waste 50 hours of their life.

Edited by Namikaze_Naruto, 05 August 2015 - 01:45 PM.

naruhinasig1.png

Spoiler Quotes

#535 Tenno

Tenno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:00 PM

... Shirou and Archer aren't bad... Its JUST NOT SAM AND LIAM DAMMIT!

Rider... If you hadn't told me it was Melissa Fahn... I would in noway been able to guess that its Rika.

Rangiku Caster is something else

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again" -Corrax Entry 7:17

#536 Peleihno

Peleihno

F*ck Trump

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:18 AM

Finally finished up the last few episodes of this, really loved the epilogue.

Crazy that the whole Holy Grail War is just a minor ritual in the east, lord knows that happens in Europe.

Dat Shirou x Rin ending.

Gil got a quick death, he should thank Archer for that. No idea how he showed up though, I hesitate to call it an asspull as I don't know enough about the Fate universe to really say.

I have to say that Rin was my favorite character in this, I see why she's so popular.

A very good anime. 8.5/10.

F/Z was still better though, at least for me.

Edited by Peleihno, 09 September 2015 - 09:20 AM.

• ShinmenTakezo and Darthwin like this
Spoiler Fun Posts

[INSERT SUPER DUPER AWESOME SIG!]

#537 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 09 September 2015 - 10:54 PM

There are a couple of theories in regards to Archer and his reappearance. One being the world summoned him back as a counter Guardian or he faked his death back then and just conserved energy.
  • Peleihno likes this

#538 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,351 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:00 PM

I guess it was just will power, Beserker was able to come back

sUP3nUt.jpg?1

“I’m a slow learner, it’s true. But I learn. "

#539 Namikaze_Naruto

Namikaze_Naruto

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationSmallville

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:13 AM

There are a couple of theories in regards to Archer and his reappearance. One being the world summoned him back as a counter Guardian or he faked his death back then and just conserved energy.

Most likely the latter.

I guess it was just will power, Beserker was able to come back

Calling it will power make it sound too Shounen  :mellow:  Berserker has multiple lives because of his Noble Phantasm God Hand. You have to kill him Twelve times in twelve different ways to effectively put him down as he gets immune to your last attack after each successive resurrection. God Hand represents Heracle's 12 labors in Greek Mythology.

Edited by Namikaze_Naruto, 10 September 2015 - 06:22 AM.

naruhinasig1.png

Spoiler Quotes

#540 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:33 AM

Unless I am mistaken didn't berserker get up one extra time after he was out of lives against Gilgamesh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users