#541 Namikaze_Naruto

Namikaze_Naruto

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationSmallville

Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:51 AM

Unless I am mistaken didn't berserker get up one extra time after he was out of lives against Gilgamesh?

Nah, All the wiki says is that after a seemingly final strike he manage to gather his strength to break the Chains of Heaven to comfort Ilya. It didn't look like he had enough to actually fight Gilgamesh though which enabled Gil to dispatch him easily after that.

Edited by Namikaze_Naruto, 10 September 2015 - 09:06 AM.

My Anime List | My Manga List

naruhinasig1.png

The Return of my Old Sig!

Spoiler Quotes

#542 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:40 PM

Calling it will power make it sound too Shounen 

is that a bad thing?

Berserker has multiple lives because of his Noble Phantasm God Hand. You have to kill him Twelve times in twelve different ways to effectively put him down as he gets immune to your last attack after each successive resurrection. God Hand represents Heracle's 12 labors in Greek Mythology.

I know that.

Edited by ddboy102, 10 September 2015 - 11:40 PM.

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#543 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:22 PM

For you Sabre fans out there, Man at Arms did a rebuild of Excalibur.

• Namikaze_Naruto and Darthwin like this

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#544 JasonDM

JasonDM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:51 PM

Finished the Fate/Stay Night UBW series along with Fate/Zero first and wow what a thrill ride. Haven't had this much fun watching an anime since Code Geass. I admittedly had no knowledge of the series prior to seeing Fate/Zero in my Netflix library so I don't have any opinion on the route of the series as a whole, but that may also be why I enjoyed it so much. I think people should try to enjoy anime for what it is sometimes and not try to pick it apart peice by peice, especially if they enjoyed the anime anyways.
  • Peleihno, Tokoya and Darthwin like this

#545 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,176 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 27 March 2016 - 12:15 AM

Heaven's Feel confirmed to have 3 parts with the first one coming out next year

Oh wow, Fate Extra is getting an anime made by Shaft lol

Edited by Tokoya, 27 March 2016 - 01:06 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#546 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,913 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 05:16 AM

Just finished Fate/Zero and now watching this. First 2 episodes (Prologue and 1) are awesome. But the start of the third makes me wanna puke. I will reserve judgement for now so hopefully it won't disappoint.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#547 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,913 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:04 AM

A whole Saturday dedicated to this and now I finished season 1. It's excellent except for 2 glaring...dissatisfaction, although neither is important.

I'm glad I didn't waste time playing the VN for any Nasuverse series I have watched so far. Maybe the VN does have something more to offer but I find all the anime very good experience so I save time, really. I do have a tendency to touch original sources but maybe not this time when good anime is present and I can just wikia for more knowledge.

Edited by Fulmine, 01 April 2018 - 08:11 AM.

#548 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:27 PM

so the first Anime of the Fate series that I watched was actually Fate/Kaleid which has Ilya as a (12yo?) star of the show & before that I didn't read any Manga / novel of any other Fate series.

now I reached epsiode 3 of the first season of UBW & holy shit Ilya is in this series but she is not a Loli & instead she seems to be a grwon up insane b****! ofcourse these are my first impresions of Ilya so there might be still much that I don't know about her.
honeslty when she fought Shiro & Rin I was actually rooting for Ilya simply because she was the main lovely star in an anime full of fanservice that is Fate/Kaleid.
if in the end she loses hopefully they spare her or something .. or am I asking for too much!
I wonder if Luvia & Miyu (from Fate/Kaleid) would also apear in this version (if they are in this series don't spoil me please)!

1Hh3Zj5.png

#549 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,852 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:03 PM

so the first Anime of the Fate series that I watched was actually Fate/Kaleid which has Ilya as a (12yo?) star of the show & before that I didn't read any Manga / novel of any other Fate series.

now I reached epsiode 3 of the first season of UBW & holy shit Ilya is in this series but she is not a Loli & instead she seems to be a grwon up insane b****! ofcourse these are my first impresions of Ilya so there might be still much that I don't know about her.
honeslty when she fought Shiro & Rin I was actually rooting for Ilya simply because she was the main lovely star in an anime full of fanservice that is Fate/Kaleid.
if in the end she loses hopefully they spare her or something .. or am I asking for too much!
I wonder if Luvia & Miyu (from Fate/Kaleid) would also apear in this version (if they are in this series don't spoil me please)!

hahahahahaha.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#550 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:27 AM

so today I finished UBW after marathoning through the first & second season and.... Illya died...that was quite unfortunate, I cant express enough just how much disapointed I got when she died so I will just leave it at that.

I didn't like what happened to Shinji, they should have just killed that scum.

and Luvia apeared at the end of the 2nd season but unfortunatly she didn't have much screen time, I'm glad that Fate/Kaleid was the first anime that I watched from the Fate series, when I search for anime I mainly search for four things:-first is the drama, second is fanservice, third is slice of life and fourth is the plot, I could care less about action scenes after watch hundreds of episodes of animes the likes of Naruto & dragon ball etc.. big flashy battles full of laser shows mean nothing to me, after all animators could draw anything from fast paced sword fights to warriors firing energy blasts destroying entire planets, that is why for me an anime like Monster which has absolutly no big action scenes was far much more enjoyable than an anime like Gurren Lagan for example, same thing goes for UBW..I could care less about the action scenes, the main thing that I enjoyed about this series is the interaction between Shiro and Archer and their character development, Archer was a rather interesting character, that and also the OST, I will surely download the opening theme.

1Hh3Zj5.png

#551 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:52 AM

I can't imagine what it would be like to pick up the Fate series nowdays. And even then, you picked an amusing way to start, but I think you made the right call in watching UBW before Fate/Zero, which is, I think, the more interesting series.

As for Prisma Illya, I like the manga a lot, but I wager it must've been a very confusing series to watch if you watched all three seasons before everything else.

samisig.jpg

#552 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:40 AM

I can't imagine what it would be like to pick up the Fate series nowdays. And even then, you picked an amusing way to start, but I think you made the right call in watching UBW before Fate/Zero, which is, I think, the more interesting series.

As for Prisma Illya, I like the manga a lot, but I wager it must've been a very confusing series to watch if you watched all three seasons before everything else.

I didn't really look it up, that is there are way too many Fate serieses so I just choose which one to watch first randomly because I essentially didn't know the correct order to watch them (if there is any such thing), so is Fate/Zero a continuation of UBW or is it just an alternative/diiferent scenario?

1Hh3Zj5.png

#553 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:43 AM

Speaking in very broad terms, you could say UBW is the "main story". Fate/Zero is the prequel. Prisma Illya would be the alternate universe parody that kind of became serious at some point.

If you wanted to follow the story chronologically, you'd have to watch Fate/Zero first, but I believe that kind of undermines what Fate/Zero wanted to do when it first came out.

samisig.jpg

#554 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,913 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:47 AM

I watched Zero before UBW and I think it works just fine. Actually makes perfect sense, really.

#555 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,176 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:18 AM

I watched Zero before UBW and I think it works just fine. Actually makes perfect sense, really.

Same here

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users