Photo

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Kimiuso)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#1 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

xw9Q9go.jpg

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Kimiuso)
Genre: Drama, Romance
Production: A-1 Pictures
Director: Ishiguro Kyouhei
Series Composition: Yoshioka Takao
Starring: Hanae Natsuki, Taneda Risa, Sakura Ayane, Ohsaka Ryota

Piano prodigy Arima Kosei dominated the competition and all child musicians knew his name. But after his mother, who was also his instructor, passed away, he had a mental breakdown while performing at a recital that resulted in him no longer being able to hear the sound of his piano even though his hearing was perfectly fine. Even two years later, Kosei hasn't touched the piano and views the world in monotone, and without any flair or color. He was content at living out his life with his good friends Tsubaki and Watari until, one day, a girl changed everything. Miyazono Kaori is a pretty, free spirited violinist whose playing style reflects her personality. Kaori helps Kosei return to the music world and show that it should be free and mold breaking unlike the structured and rigid style Kosei was used to.

ilhd1c.jpg

#2 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:19 AM

SUBSCRIBING.

How was it, Frosty-sama?

Did it meet your lofty expectations? :P

yjEhBS7.png

#3 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

lol

It was better than I expected, actually, Frozen.

I'll give the second episode a go, although I'm not sure if I'll stick with the show long term.

I'd honestly rather that his osananajimi helped him through his problems, not Kaori, but oh well.

ilhd1c.jpg

#4 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:38 AM

Heheh! Glad you liked it, at least. :P

Well, I'm definitely gonna see this through the end (2-cours). :)

Except that Tsubaki doesn't have any musical interest or talent whatsoever to help him tide through his crisis; you'd think the childhood friend is the one for him, till Kaori showed up (she's voiced by Himeragi's VA, btw). :P

A nice concoction of Nodame Cantabile & Hourou Musuko, to go along with a touch of Sakurasou.

Brilliant - that's all I can say.

yjEhBS7.png

#5 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:42 AM

Except that Tsubaki doesn't have any musical interest or talent whatsoever to help him tide through his crisis; you'd think the childhood friend is the one for him, till Kaori showed up (she's voiced by Himeragi's VA, btw). :P

A nice concoction of Nodame Cantabile & Hourou Musuko, to go along with a touch of Sakurasou.

You mean the fact that the synopsis tells us that it's going to be Kaori, not Tsubaki, to awaken Kousei wasn't enough of a clue? :P Yes, I know she's Himeragi's VA, but I wasn't judging Kaori off of that or anything.

You have to understand that I haven't actually watched any of those three shows.

ilhd1c.jpg

#6 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:57 AM

You mean the fact that the synopsis tells us that it's going to be Kaori, not Tsubaki, to awaken Kousei wasn't enough of a clue? :P

You have to understand that I haven't actually watched any of those three shows.

Its an absolute shame the inevitable outcome will be Tsubaki not standing a chance to win the Kousei-bowl (she will put up a fight, though). I'm guessing she'd have to settle with Watari. who probably will experience unrequited love with Kaori. Teenage issues, teenage issues.. :P

And why is that so? Those kind of genre(s) isn't your cup of tea?

yjEhBS7.png

#7 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:16 PM

Its an absolute shame the inevitable outcome will be Tsubaki not standing a chance to win the Kousei-bowl (she will put up a fight, though). I'm guessing she'd have to settle with Watari. who probably will experience unrequited love with Kaori. Teenage issues, teenage issues.. :P

And why is that so? Those kind of genre(s) isn't your cup of tea?

It is. I'd like if it she could at least have a chance. I'd prefer that she could find a way to win, but we all know that that's impossible.

Not generally, no.

ilhd1c.jpg

#8 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:02 PM

Liked what i read of the manga (17ch), liked the first episode

qhz8b56l.png

#9 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:51 AM

Thank the cosmos. I was praying the animation would be half decent but the detail from the piano! There are no words.

And the story's nice I guess.

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#10 Clyde

Clyde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,718 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:01 AM

I feel like I'm gonna be hit right in the feels.. Am I right to have this suspicion or not ?

13121301403036501.png

"Yes, I'm sexy as fuck." - Renji Abarai

#11 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

^Just watch it first. :P

yjEhBS7.png

#12 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

If anyone wants to know the piece played by Kosei in the beginning

qhz8b56l.png

#13 Clyde

Clyde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,718 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

^Just watch it first. :P

BUT I WANT TO KNOW NOW

impatientloli.gif

13121301403036501.png

"Yes, I'm sexy as fuck." - Renji Abarai

#14 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:23 PM

I feel like I'm gonna be hit right in the feels.. Am I right to have this suspicion or not ?

I was not that sad to be honest but it is nevertheless pretty psychological, the inner struggles of the characters are highlighted pretty often and thoroughly

qhz8b56l.png

#15 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:22 PM

The drama is going to kill me with this series...I just know it

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#16 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:12 PM

I don't understand music at all but the stuff in this episode sounded amazing...Especially when Kaori started playing :aww:

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#17 tattaslayr

tattaslayr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:08 PM

I didn't know there was an anime thread so I already posted this at the manga thread. But I want to know what the anime viewers think so I'll just quote myself so i can perhaps hear you guys' thoughts on my theory so far.

So I picked up the anime. It's really good so far but I cant help but to feel a bit uneasy. Like something very bad is going to happen. To be frank I think that that Kaori will probably die somewhere allong the story. I'll try to explain what makes me think this way.

In the anime she is portrayed as this charming, outgoing, cute innocent girl that everybody likes. It makes you feel like she's one of your friends. However at the same time we don't get to know her as wel as other characters. We even know more about some of the other piano players than about her. For a heroine she's a bit distant from us viewers ye she still has a place in our heart. (I hope you understand what i mean I'm bad at explaining my thoughts xD) I've watched and read a lot of manga and anime. And I've noticed that a lot of writers create these types of characters that steal our hearts so they can eventually make the impact of their death more dramatic. I've seen it happen a lot.

Ofcourse this isn't enough evidence to support my theory. So let's look at some other things. She passes out a lot, is taking medicines and was even hospitalized. These are the main hints I think. The biggest clue can be found at the end of episode 11. At the very end, when Arima says he was thinking of her while playing the piano, she replied by saying: "I won't always be there". This confirms it for me. What  could she mean with she won't always be there? She's a middleschooler. She can't just suddenly move away on her own and seeying how her parents have a business it's highly unlikely that they will move away either. The only logical answer imo is that she will pass away at some point in the story due to her sickness. She her self probably knows this which is why she wants to stand out and make a name for her self. To me it looks like she wants to be famous so she won't be forgotten even after her death. She wants to leave a few things behind after she's gone. She wants the world to know she existed through her music!

It's a bit sad, and I'd feel terrible if it happens, but I honestly believe that the story will go that direction.  

What do you guys think?

Ok so apparently people on different forums also think she might die due to her disease. I think I will drop this before it actually happens. I dont want to go through another bumpy Clannad period in my life lol. I have uni classes and shit. I cant afford to sit home cring like a b**ch. 

Edited by tattaslayr, 21 December 2014 - 10:21 PM.

#18 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:20 PM

She probably has MS.

Notice the title, as well.

That 'lie' could very well be something related to that.

Don't plan on picking up the manga, though, since the anime will cover its ending.

yjEhBS7.png

#19 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

She probably has MS.

Notice the title, as well.

That 'lie' could very well be something related to that.

Don't plan on picking up the manga, though, since the anime will cover its ending.

How can it cover the ending when the manga has not even concluded yet?

I didn't know there was an anime thread so I already posted this at the manga thread. But I want to know what the anime viewers think so I'll just quote myself so i can perhaps hear you guys' thoughts on my theory so far.

What do you guys think?

Ok so apparently people on different forums also think she might die due to her disease. I think I will drop this before it actually happens. I dont want to go through another bumpy Clannad period in my life lol. I have uni classes and shit. I cant afford to sit home cring like a b**ch. 

Being sad is part of being human, man, cherish it

qhz8b56l.png

#20 tattaslayr

tattaslayr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:30 AM

How can it cover the ending when the manga has not even concluded yet?

From what I understood the manga only has 2 chapters left. They will be published somewhere in Jan or Feb. The author herself said the anime and manga will probably end at the same time.