Photo

[Character] Donquixote Doflamingo (Part 11)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
385 replies to this topic

#1 zetruz

zetruz

Fisherman

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:54 PM

Previous Thread

"My life is on an entirely different level to your lowly existence!!!"

happyfluffyballofdofla.png

being a logia doesnt mean anything anymore? tell that to akainu and BB..........kizaru would probably have something to say about that too......aokiji made DD look like a fool but you guys wont admit that.

ya Enel is only a logia.........with ONLY the most destructive display of power EVER.......IN ALL OF OP......... also his skill with a staff was ONLY so good he made hand to hand combat genius- luffy look like nothing...... also he ONLY designed a weapon of mass destruction that makes Poseidon look like a little girl..... also he is ONLY the best user of CoO to date...... 

doesn't mean much anymore? are you serious? go back and reread......all of OP, to date he is still one of the fastest, one of the most destructive, one of the smartest....... 

you don't like comprehension do you? Enel's story was all about inherent rights, the right of God to rule, the right of people to walk on land. Enel was the lesson we needed in rights of those to rule......obviously when Oda decided to take off with OP the heavenly dragons retold us this lesson......(just like how hodi retold us the story about unjustified hate)

Enel went to the moon because it is his right........not because it was shiny......next you are going to tell me WB saved ace because he liked his hat.....(for the record that is not the reason)

Back story? is that really what you want? he is god, his back story is him always getting what he wanted and never having to face any hardships.......do you really want to see that? GREAT!! lets stop the story mid fight and give 5 chapters of Enel crushing millions of people, OH we can see him destroying his homeland that would be cool......... we got a flash back(like 1-2 pages) of him taking over skypiea, just imagine that only 5 chapters longer and Enel's laugh every panel.

DF reliant is a ridiculous statement.......

1- why should someone be faulted for using their power? why is that a bad thing? is Zoro at fault for being sword reliant? sanji is a moron for being foot reliant......

2- Ya Crocodile is DF reliant, that is why he used his DF to clash with mihawk and DD........that darn hook fruit.....

3- Ya Enel is DF reliant, that is why he was able to beat a man that is immune to his DF

4- Luffy and law are the most DF reliant characters in all of the manga

I like enel but he wasn't touching DD or Croc as villians.

DD is the best so far imo. He's got it all the bravado, the laugh, the strength, the back story, the connectons, the crew, the passion, the df, the design, the theme, the cool base of operations, the 2 epiphets, the money, the inteligence. you name it hes got it.

DD
Croc
BB
Akainu
Lucci
Enel
Mags
Moria
Buggy
Arlong
Kuro

Why no love for Kuro man?

Well said

crappy. Cool while it lasts but then overshadowed in everything.

Edited by zetruz, 13 October 2014 - 02:56 PM.

Spoiler for the quotables!

Mun364G.png

#2 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:12 PM

I wonder if Oda can pull an Anotsu Kagehisa :hurr: I guess not.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#3 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:33 PM

I wonder if Oda can pull an Anotsu Kagehisa :hurr: I guess not.

Different kind of series, he could but with OP´s setting, it would suck

qhz8b56l.png

#4 Lastine

Lastine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:11 PM

1- why should someone be faulted for using their power? why is that a bad thing? is Zoro at fault for being sword reliant? sanji is a moron for being foot reliant......
2- Ya Crocodile is DF reliant, that is why he used his DF to clash with mihawk and DD........that darn hook fruit.....
3- Ya Enel is DF reliant, that is why he was able to beat a man that is immune to his DF

I wasn't faulting Enel or Crocodile for being reliant on their devil fruits; I was actually refuting that very belief.

Also, I think you are wrongly equating a character's depth to what they represent in the overarching story. Although Enel's story may (and to be fair, seems likely to) represent the complexities of the right to rule, the character himself does not go far beyond his god complex.

Additionally, there's no reason to use ad hominem attacks.    

Edited by Lastine, 15 October 2014 - 01:08 AM.

#5 Hurley Pirates

Hurley Pirates

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:41 AM

In regards to your question In the previous thread:

I liked Kuro it's just I didn't care for Usopp, or one piece I'm general at the time I saw him. I liked sanji and crocodile but not the show due to the terrible English dubs. My brother convinced me to give it another chace after he explained luffy croc and buggy (2 violins I was familiar with) fall in from the sky and re watched in Japanese and was hooked.

Kuro didn't grab me aa much the 2nd time around but I was really just looking forward to bigger moments the him already,

The Blonde Squad:

Spoiler

#6 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:31 AM

Yeah, of course many differences but I only wanted to refer to the fact that Anotsu is the type of villain that you...can't really hate, at least for me. I mean Samura either hid his bad doings or presented them in better light most of the time. Even the very first crime he did on-screen, he was not the one that actually killed and raped (not that he's free of guilt, far from it, but still...it attenuates...a bit) and then his ideals and he's a good guy as far as daily conduct and manner go (half way through the series I even want Rin to NOT kill him after that traveling :xD:). I was just wondering if Oda could make us sympathize with DD at the same level as Anotsu's, though given DD's blatant evil deeds and not-so-much-noble goal, I guess it's hard. His care for his Family is like his last saving grace. Maybe at the end of the arc he will stall Marines (especially Fuji) to let his Family escape or something.

#7 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:23 AM

Yeah, of course many differences but I only wanted to refer to the fact that Anotsu is the type of villain that you...can't really hate, at least for me. I mean Samura either hid his bad doings or presented them in better light most of the time. Even the very first crime he did on-screen, he was not the one that actually killed and raped (not that he's free of guilt, far from it, but still...it attenuates...a bit) and then his ideals and he's a good guy as far as daily conduct and manner go (half way through the series I even want Rin to NOT kill him after that traveling :xD:). I was just wondering if Oda could make us sympathize with DD at the same level as Anotsu's, though given DD's blatant evil deeds and not-so-much-noble goal, I guess it's hard. His care for his Family is like his last saving grace. Maybe at the end of the arc he will stall Marines (especially Fuji) to let his Family escape or something.

I knew what you were getting at but my point still stands, the setting is too different. An ambigious villain like Anotsu works because the world created by Samura and the tone of the manga is grey and ambigious to begin with. Morality in Blade, in which good and bad are not clearly defined, is a shaky thing, partly because of the discrepance between the ideals and the actual deeds, like you already said for Anotsu. Basically, you are able to empathize with Anotsu and feel undecided about him because Samura wants you to feel that way (not to forget that the MC Manji had done questionable deeds himself). In One Piece, good and evil are actually, clearly defined, not by the world itself but by the main characters and their behavior. In addition, one of the primary "themes" Oda established early on is that no matter the circumstances and your environment, including past traumas, you gotta still stay true to yourself and not let it influence your behavior and goals and whatnot, so in the OP world, DD´s crimes are not excused with his past trauma but in BotI, it may have been.

qhz8b56l.png

#8 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:34 AM

I knew what you were getting at but my point still stands, the setting is too different. An ambigious villain like Anotsu works because the world created by Samura and the tone of the manga is grey and ambigious to begin with. Morality in Blade, in which good and bad are not clearly defined, is a shaky thing, partly because of the discrepance between the ideals and the actual deeds, like you already said for Anotsu. Basically, you are able to empathize with Anotsu and feel undecided about him because Samura wants you to feel that way (not to forget that the MC Manji had done questionable deeds himself). In One Piece, good and evil are actually, clearly defined, not by the world itself but by the main characters and their behavior. In addition, one of the primary "themes" Oda established early on is that no matter the circumstances and your environment, including past traumas, you gotta still stay true to yourself and not let it influence your behavior and goals and whatnot, so in the OP world, DD´s crimes are not excused with his past trauma but in BotI, it may have been.

Yeah. But since we have precedent cases like Croc (who is not free of guilt yet but painted in much brighter light regardless in MF) I hope DD will be like that. As long as he won't be talked no jutsu...

Actually I'm not so sure of Anotsu myself cause I stopped BotI at volume 22. But yeah, from what we've seen before that he does not look like villain to me...what an epic character!

#9 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

Yeah. But since we have precedent cases like Croc (who is not free of guilt yet but painted in much brighter light regardless in MF) I hope DD will be like that. As long as he won't be talked no jutsu...

Actually I'm not so sure of Anotsu myself cause I stopped BotI at volume 22. But yeah, from what we've seen before that he does not look like villain to me...what an epic character!

You haven´t finished Blade yet? C´mon man

qhz8b56l.png

#10 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:10 PM

Calling a character in a series a moron isn't an ad hominem attack. o.o

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#11 Shichibukai Ace

Shichibukai Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:58 PM

DAT picture. hhahaha

Spoiler

#12 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:21 PM

DAT picture. hhahaha

@zetruz

:unsure:

his maliciousness knows no bounds...

Edited by Furinji Saiga, 14 October 2014 - 07:23 PM.

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#13 BoriketheBlackDragon

BoriketheBlackDragon

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:34 PM

You may want to read this page.

95d.png

PRAISE OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!!!

#14 Lastine

Lastine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:54 PM

Calling a character in a series a moron isn't an ad hominem attack. o.o

You are right--doing so most definitively isn't an ad hominem attack, and I'm not trying to argue that (one of the few things I know well is latin). I was being rather vague when I said that.

I was mostly referring to this:

you don't like comprehension do you? Enel's story was all about inherent rights, the right of God to rule, the right of people to walk on land. Enel was the lesson we needed in rights of those to rule......obviously when Oda decided to take off with OP the heavenly dragons retold us this lesson......(just like how hodi retold us the story about unjustified hate)

Enel went to the moon because it is his right........not because it was shiny......next you are going to tell me WB saved ace because he liked his hat.....(for the record that is not the reason)

I was being too harsh, but the general tone left a bad taste in my mouth, and so I wanted to comment on it. In hindsight, it probably could have been communicated better. 

Edited by Lastine, 15 October 2014 - 12:03 AM.

#15 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:30 AM

I was mostly referring to this:

That's a quote from a post made by a completely different person.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#16 Lastine

Lastine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:56 AM

That's a quote from a post made by a completely different person.

Both quotes are from the same post by captain kidd--in my first post in the thread, I got lazy and quoted directly from zetruz's starting post and forgot to attribute it to the right person (oops). It was captain kidd's response to Scorpion2k4u's post:

being a logia doesnt mean anything anymore? tell that to akainu and BB..........kizaru would probably have something to say about that too......aokiji made DD look like a fool but you guys wont admit that.

ya Enel is only a logia.........with ONLY the most destructive display of power EVER.......IN ALL OF OP......... also his skill with a staff was ONLY so good he made hand to hand combat genius- luffy look like nothing...... also he ONLY designed a weapon of mass destruction that makes Poseidon look like a little girl..... also he is ONLY the best user of CoO to date...... 

doesn't mean much anymore? are you serious? go back and reread......all of OP, to date he is still one of the fastest, one of the most destructive, one of the smartest....... 

Back story? is that really what you want? he is god, his back story is him always getting what he wanted and never having to face any hardships.......do you really want to see that? GREAT!! lets stop the story mid fight and give 5 chapters of Enel crushing millions of people, OH we can see him destroying his homeland that would be cool......... we got a flash back(like 1-2 pages) of him taking over skypiea, just imagine that only 5 chapters longer and Enel's laugh every panel.

Edited by Lastine, 15 October 2014 - 01:07 AM.

#17 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:46 AM

Both quotes are from the same post by captain kidd--in my first post in the thread, I got lazy and quoted directly from zetruz's starting post and forgot to attribute it to the right person (oops). It was captain kidd's response to Scorpion2k4u's post:

Gotta be more careful about that. o.o

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#18 Lastine

Lastine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:35 AM

Gotta be more careful about that. o.o

Well, lesson learned.  :blush:

I don't usually post on forums, and so I'll probably derp around a bit before I get used to it. 

#19 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:02 AM

Never show your 'D' in front of Doflamingo. He will kill you for it. 

Law showed his D to Baby 5, she wasn't impressed.

Yes, I am bored. 

#20 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:33 AM

Yes, I am bored.

I know. Kazekage has the least work to do. The village is only sand...