I wanted for Sasuke to become a badass villain, and kill everyone who stands in his way. Didn't happen.
[Discussion] Things that could have been expanded upon and those that you will prefer was never included in the manga.
Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:59 AM
One thing I would've preferred would've been Hinata getting more development and actually having a friendship developing with Naruto at first and then have it develop into a romantic relationship when she confessed to Naruto when Pain attacked. Naruto would also react to her confession as well or at least be shown thinking about it. It was due to the lack of development on Hinata and any kind of relationship to Naruto that caused me to really be against it. It reminds me of Harry/Ginny in the Harry Potter series with how little development the romance got.
Sakura needed to move on from Sasuke in my opinion and I think Sasuke should not have survived the end of the story.
I wish Danzo/Root would've gotten more detail to it and that Kaguya never existed.
Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:40 AM
Wow! I have a long list of these. Guess not.
#1 is the Uchiha's side of the coup. Where were they the night of the Kyuubi attack? They were either fighting Kurama or doing something else. How did their decision for the coup go down? How bad was their oppression? Were they arrogant? What convinced Shisui to NOT join the coup if so many Uchiha were for it, etc.
And the rest in no particular order
- Taka backgrounds. They have so much potential to be the most complex broken characters with success stories breaking out of their past tragedies, but Suigetsu and Karin are reduced to unfunny joke fodder at the end and Juugo who would live and die for Sasuke is not even considered a friend by him! goddamn!
- . . . Guess that's all I truly care about
Kaguya. She had basically no character development. Her arc was completely random
It should be obvious by now it was to hype (or make sense of) the movie The Last.
Edited by Sarahmint, 05 November 2014 - 02:37 AM.
Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:01 AM
1. More expansion on the potential of Byakugan! I agree with everything that has been said about it previously in this thread. It wasn't introduced as an immensely inferior eye power to the Sharingan and shouldn't have ended up that way, especially knowing what we do now about the Byakugan origins.
2. Not focusing so much on the whole Sasuke/Naruto drama. Instead, some time should have been spent on developing their fellow shinobi academy attendants! By the end of the manga most of them where basically fodder compared to Naruto and Sasuke. The power gap should never have been made that big.
3. Less of the waste of space Sakura or just making her close to being Narutos and Sauskes equal in terms of power and talent from the get-go! I will never understand manga artists, that focus on the shōnen genre, love affair with the weak damsel and distress archetype in general!
4. Kishi trolling Orochimaru and not letting him live up to his full potential as a villain! Seriously, you build up a villain like that, nerf him early on, and never really give him a fight where he's at full power, going all out, and not playing around? I know some people would argue that he gave Oro that fight against Sarutobi, but in my eyes, the skills he showed later in a weakened state was more impressive than what he did in his fight against Sarutobi. And yes, maybe that is because Kishi kept raising the bar for what is considered a powerful character, but that doesn't negate the fact that by the end, it looked like Oro was just messing around when he fought Sarutobi and paid a steep price because of it.
- trafalgarlawisop likes this
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users