Photo

[Discussion] Most Overrated/Underrated Characters (Part 24)

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#161 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,730 posts

Posted Today, 08:59 AM

Ya I mean to be fair we HAVE to count CC and hodi, neither of which would stand a prayer of a chance against moria.

I really want to do BM vs moria but I need to hold off until we see all BM's abilities.

You are 100% right moria wouldn't be effected at all by BM's life stealing attack. Not only is moria a true pirate but he was once the rival of kiadou, a man who fought with kiadou wouldn't be scared of BM.... no way no how.... moria would say the same thing to BM that he said to kuma "I know how your DF works, knock it off, it won't work on me"

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#162 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted Today, 03:49 PM

Ok I get the president bowing would be shocking in its own way.
But why did Fuji do it all? Why did Fuji care who gets credit and why did he go against his boss to make sure credit went to the right place and why didn't Fuji do the job himself?
If it was admiral captain Kidd in that situation it would go like this
"Admiral dd is going crazy killing his own citizens!"
"Oh no!! I better go and kill DD then feed his body to the sharks so every time his family goes swimming there are sharks out there that can smell his blood!"

That being said the thing I still don't see is why Fuji acted in that way. Yes he wants the world to see the warlord system works, or in your words that the WG isn't perfect, either works, why did he insist luffy gets credit? Even in alabasta crocodile was defeated he was still revealed as a tratior and a huge blemish on the WG and smoker got a promotion out of it.

Unless...... are you telling me the marines stopping dd would prove the WG is competent? So Fuji purposefully let luffy take down DD to give all the credit away from the WG? Then that is the single most messed up thing I have ever even thought of someone doing..... no forget I said anything that makes so little sense it is beyond stupid.

Fuji "look the WG isn't perfect! Their warlords are killing people and a pirate had to stop the problem"
People with common sense "wait, didn't the WG send you to deal with DD?"
Fuji "yes and I didn't do anything because I wanted to prove the WG is incompetent"
Common sense "doesn't that just make you incompetent?"
Fuji "no that makes the WG incompetent for sending an incompetent admiral to deal with this problem"

Nothing makes sense about Fuji's refusal to fight and insistence on luffy taking credit. How does it make the WG look better if a marine took down dd vs a pirate taking down dd?

He could not have done that without messing up the message he wanted to send. He wanted that which happened at alabasta, where the marines were seen as the heros, while they infact were part of the problem by having allowed (k WG did) DD and Croc to become/remain shicki, no matter their crimes, not to happen again. He feared that once more the marines would be seen as the ones who set things right, that is infact a behaviour, which is within Fujis character, who values honor and wants to protect the innocent (compare to many marines like akainu, VA doberman etc), instead of protecting their very own faces.

Moreover in realisation of his aim to abolish the shicki it is far smarter not to dethrone the first shicki who does something, urself, otherwise ur very agenda might become known to others too soon, hindering u to reach ur goals!  

It is not to take away "fame" from the WG but to reach his goal of abolishing the shickisystem. Since in his eyes the shicki cause more harm than they do good, which is one of his most important aspects so far, that he actually wants the world to become better/safer, without using every means. Fuji may commit "necessary" sins in his eyes, but overall he has good intention and consciousness, which cant be said of other marines.

Edited by capu, Today, 03:53 PM.

#163 Saya

Saya

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationHigher than your eyes

Posted Today, 04:16 PM

Ya I mean to be fair we HAVE to count CC and hodi, neither of which would stand a prayer of a chance against moria.
I really want to do BM vs moria but I need to hold off until we see all BM's abilities.
You are 100% right moria wouldn't be effected at all by BM's life stealing attack. Not only is moria a true pirate but he was once the rival of kiadou, a man who fought with kiadou wouldn't be scared of BM.... no way no how.... moria would say the same thing to BM that he said to kuma "I know how your DF works, knock it off, it won't work on me"

Was this pre TS?

#164 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted Today, 04:28 PM

Which ones counted as major? Is Hody counted? If yes, I disagree.

Hody isn't post Punk Hazard.

Was this pre TS?

Yeah in Thriller Bark when Kuma was first introduced.
  • Saya likes this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#165 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted Today, 04:40 PM

Which ones counted as major? Is Hody counted? If yes, I disagree. Also I don't know about BM but Doflamingo wouldn't beat Moria real quick. At least mid-diff.

Where did you get that? Moria didn't even flinch and told the SHs that a true pirate doesn't fear death...

Moria is, by feats, easily Yonkou Commander level and can be Top Yonkou Commander level. At the very least he can survive all the Top Yonkou Commanders whose arsenal we have seen a fair share of.

Post PH means after Punk Hazard. So no Hody was not counted. Seriously DD would need mid diff to defeat Moria, when all Jinbei needed to do was 1 hit to K.O. Moria  in such a way that he was a nonfactor for the rest of the game/war.

DD took on post TS Law and Luffy! Moria was defeated by preTS Luffy....u still compare them as mid-diff?

Luffy post TS at DR time likely was stronger than the entire preTS SHcrew with Luffy included, DD had to deal with someone else similarily strong as current Luffy!

Ergo mid-diff MAX!

That he said , still see context first. 

Yes he spoke to a fooder in his eyes, and yes luffy was exactly that back then, just not the extrem fodder as in normal citizin. Therefore it is commonplace to be a bit arrogant in front of those, despite others being far better than u at a thing, if u r better than the person that is actually the theme right now, u can afford to be cocky. Which essentially was what Moria did. 

There was no need for Moria to fear death in that situation in this eyes. He believed himself to be far superior and the SHs to be a minor problem. He even mocked Luffy by telling him that he too once was overconfident (http://mangaseeonlin...463-page-5.html), and got wrecked because of that, this exact same situation he now parallels to Luffy and the SHs, he views them as being overconfident and weak, as he once was.....therefore under that circumstance he is allowed to say he does not fear death, since for all he knew, after having grapped already 3 shadows (Sanji, Luffy, Zoro), without effort i might add, it truly seemed like the SHs were simply talk nothing much, so no need to fear for urself against them...Fear always gets bigger the more threatening the situation/opponent, i.e. i dont fear death in front of cats usually, but a lion jumping me is a different story, consequently, it is within reason not to fear the "weak", u fear strong ones, or at least those u deem stronger/more cunning than urself.

Highly doubtful! Why u guys cant understand that there is a huge gap between postTS SHs and preTS SHs, consequently the ones having been defeated by the fodder (=preTS SHs) dont matter in current postTS SH standard anymore.....

Simply the fact that Moria choose never to rely on his crew again and neither, if u r technical and dont regard a DFpower as ones own achievement, himself powerwise but rather uses tools in form of souls of powerful foes, is a reminder of what happened to him, and even if subconscious it still manifests his inferiorty complex since his defeat vs Kaidou, ergo it also represents his fear of death.

Despite his weakness to salt, which renders his DF useless he still cant instantly control the shadows, even though Sanjis shadow was stolen way before Luffys, Absalom says here that Sanjis zombie still retained his "individual will" (http://mangaseeonlin...63-page-13.html), consequently moria was unable to control  even a weakass preTS Sanji spirit, i mean everyone who will fight anyone important foes from this day fourth in an all out battle will have to fight a stronger willed persons than preTS Sanji, as such even nami will have to face stronger opponents than what moria had to , when he faced the SHs.

Nowhere in hell Moria ias able to use the shadow stolen from an commander in time, when he could not use Sanjis fast enough....neither preTS Luffys, he would die trying to hide from the stolen shadow which wont be enough since either she shadow himself kills Moria or the awakening commander will.

Edited by capu, Today, 04:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users