Photo

[Character] Green Bull/Admiral Ryokugyu (Part 2)

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#21 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,943 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:29 AM

Does Ryokugyo mean anything, is it a japanese word or just a name?

It means Green Bull, which his codename, and the codenames for the main Admirals so far are a color and an animal. 

We do not yet know his real name . Most likely a Japanese name doe if he is indeed based on Toshiro Mifune. 

• Sloan likes this

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#22 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Location#T.Dot #416 #905 #ScarTown #PK #KnM #6 #GTA #DonQuixote

User's Awards

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:31 AM

It means Green Bull, which his codename, and the codenames for the main Admirals so far are a color and an animal.

We do not yet know his real name . Most likely a Japanese name doe if he is indeed based on Toshiro Mifune.

Hmm, what powers are associated with green usually? Seems like their colours correspond usually.

Edited by Sloan, 12 November 2014 - 04:31 AM.

2pyaix0.jpg

#23 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,943 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:36 AM

Hmm, what powers are associated with green usually? Seems like their colours correspond usually.

Indeed their colors correspond to the powers they have. Nature/earth manipulation is a common power that is associated with green. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#24 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Location#T.Dot #416 #905 #ScarTown #PK #KnM #6 #GTA #DonQuixote

User's Awards

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:04 AM

Indeed their colors correspond to the powers they have. Nature/earth manipulation is a common power that is associated with green.

Their animals usually have something to do with them also, like a character trait sorta. Bulls are always angry I think so dude might be angry.

Edited by Sloan, 12 November 2014 - 11:05 AM.

2pyaix0.jpg

#25 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:06 PM

we already have a rock fruit. it is worthless.

unless you want him to manipulate plants, well......FT is doing that right now with their final-ish villain, it is.........very.......... underwhelming to say the least........

rotting is normally green, hopefully he is something like the 2nd espada, you know the "power of old age" guy that could only be defeated by his own powers. that would be awesome the ability to rot everything

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#26 BoriketheBlackDragon

BoriketheBlackDragon

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationElbaf

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:18 PM

we already have a rock fruit. it is worthless.

unless you want him to manipulate plants, well......FT is doing that right now with their final-ish villain, it is.........very.......... underwhelming to say the least........

rotting is normally green, hopefully he is something like the 2nd espada, you know the "power of old age" guy that could only be defeated by his own powers. that would be awesome the ability to rot everything

Rotting is usually black or brown.  Wind can also be green, but we already have Dragon.

Green could mean

-Wind

-Plant

-Life

-Earth

-Healing

-Radiation (interesting idea)

95d.png

PRAISE OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!!!

#27 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:29 PM

Rotting is usually black or brown.  Wind can also be green, but we already have Dragon.

Green could mean

-Wind

-Plant

-Life

-Earth

-Healing

-Radiation (interesting idea)

what? how is rotting black? mould is normally pictured as green, mould is a sign something is rotten, it makes sense for rotting to be imagined as green

-wind is lame........ and we already covered dragon personally i don't want to think he has a wind fruit.

-plant/life/earth, all the same thing, underwhelming as hell. go read the 3 most recent FT chapters, plants are not really scary

-healing? seriously? another BS Phoenix power? i said it once and i will say it again, healing is worthless in a fight.

-radiation? wait what? rotting is not green but radiation is? seriously?..........although that would probably function the same as rotting....

banner.png

#28 BoriketheBlackDragon

BoriketheBlackDragon

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationElbaf

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:37 PM

what? how is rotting black? mould is normally pictured as green, mould is a sign something is rotten, it makes sense for rotting to be imagined as green

-wind is lame........ and we already covered dragon personally i don't want to think he has a wind fruit.

-plant/life/earth, all the same thing, underwhelming as hell. go read the 3 most recent FT chapters, plants are not really scary

-healing? seriously? another BS Phoenix power? i said it once and i will say it again, healing is worthless in a fight.

-radiation? wait what? rotting is not green but radiation is? seriously?..........although that would probably function the same as rotting....

Rotting is black because rotting flesh turns black, and every depiction of radiation has that sickly green glow.

If there is one thing you should have learned reading One Piece, it's that Oda can turn what seems to be a lame power into a great one.

I personally don't think he will do plants because Binz had a fruit like that fruit in flimZ.

By life, I meant like absorbing the life out of people and adding to to his own power

And regeneration is probably one of the best powers you can have, so long as you don't have an arbitrary limit to it.  Don't equate Marco's poor show to the power itself.  GreenBull could be a physical beast with a DF that heals are harm done to him, making him almost, if not, impossible to put down without a One Hit KO attack.

95d.png

#29 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:31 PM

Rotting is black because rotting flesh turns black, and every depiction of radiation has that sickly green glow.

If there is one thing you should have learned reading One Piece, it's that Oda can turn what seems to be a lame power into a great one.

I personally don't think he will do plants because Binz had a fruit like that fruit in flimZ.

By life, I meant like absorbing the life out of people and adding to to his own power

And regeneration is probably one of the best powers you can have, so long as you don't have an arbitrary limit to it.  Don't equate Marco's poor show to the power itself.  GreenBull could be a physical beast with a DF that heals are harm done to him, making him almost, if not, impossible to put down without a One Hit KO attack.

ok that makes sense

lol........ like the flag fruit? or the snow fruit? the swamp fruit? the weapon fruit? the spin fruit? (those are all examples of lame fruits that stayed lame)

good no plants

GOOD GOD???!!?! we are not reading FMA or yu yu hakishow Oda would never invent a power that dark.

how is regeneration a good power? let me tell you a little secret, every single logia is able to "regenerate" (provided they are not hit by their weakness or haki) regeneration is worthless unless the user is strong, and then if they are strong they should be strong enough to the point where they are not getting hit too much.......it is a redundant power.

banner.png

#30 BoriketheBlackDragon

BoriketheBlackDragon

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationElbaf

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:33 PM

ok that makes sense

lol........ like the flag fruit? or the snow fruit? the swamp fruit? the weapon fruit? the spin fruit? (those are all examples of lame fruits that stayed lame)

good no plants

GOOD GOD???!!?! we are not reading FMA or yu yu hakishow Oda would never invent a power that dark.

how is regeneration a good power? let me tell you a little secret, every single logia is able to "regenerate" (provided they are not hit by their weakness or haki) regeneration is worthless unless the user is strong, and then if they are strong they should be strong enough to the point where they are not getting hit too much.......it is a redundant power.

"Oda would never invent a power that dark"  You are obviously forgetting Crocodile.

Logia's don't regenerate, the attacks pass through them.  The difference between intangibility and regeneration is that even with Haki, or a special weakness, even if you do fatal damage, it's meaningless because the opponent heals himself.  A Logia, the trick is to make sure your attacks connect and do damage, someone who can endlessly regenerate, doing damage at all becomes meaningless.

95d.png

#31 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,488 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:26 PM

Does Ryokugyo mean anything, is it a japanese word or just a name?

Ryoku=Green (the leaf's one), Gyu=Bull/Cow/whatever (ever go to Japanese restaurant and order Gyudon (Beef rice bowl)? It's delicious btw. If Fujitora eats Ramen, I'd like to see Ryokugyu eats Gyudon). Ushi is also Bull (Drum Island's dude's fruit or Kaku's fruit. Speaking of which, giraffe is connected to bull in what way?) but I guess Ryokuushi does look as good. Just like Murasakitora (Purple Tiger. Fujitora is Wisteria Tiger, which is a different, lighter shade of purple).

There's a theory that he has Time Manipulation (Light/Gravity/Time trio).

or the snow fruit?

Not as cold as Aokiji but Monet did nearly sap the life out of Luffy. He had to muster everything to fall into the garbage.

"Oda would never invent a power that dark" You are obviously forgetting Crocodile.

Crocodile is on a different class. Comparing anyone in One Piece to him is a wrong course of action.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#32 Himynameisriot

Himynameisriot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:40 AM

If he has time based powers bruh..

The fact that he's Yojimbo already makes him the coolest character in the OP universe but if he can control the universe...

Bruh.

Theorist.

Personal Theories made in 2016

• Kuzan will join the crew
  • Carrot will join the crew
  • Kaidou is a lab experiment
  • Green Bull will be based off of Sonny Chiba and have a time based DF
  • Blackbeards fruit gives him the ability to use more than one power.

Not my shit

•  Another Yonkou dies
  • Blackbeard kills a "marine" (maybe Kuzan)
  • Luffy gets captured by government
  • Law uses OP surgery on Luffy 
  • Blackbeard becomes the Pirate King

#33 Tiago

Tiago

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:25 PM

I think he is a Zoan type, just.. because we havent seen very Marines with Zoans, and because he is "green bull". 

Sometimes keeping it simple is the way to go, and Oda certainly have fooled people with that before

i2BzEHL.png

#34 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,943 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:03 PM

@Tiago

No way hosay  :angry:

If Fujitora is Gravity, then Ryokugyu is Time

Combined they make up two  of the most prominent forces of the Universe.  B)

Also all the Admirals so far have a color theme and an animal theme, and none of them are Zoans. 

except Sengoku who is a scrub that doesn't have either B)

Edited by Furinji Saiga, 17 May 2015 - 10:05 PM.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#35 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,488 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:10 AM

we havent seen very Marines with Zoans

very or many?

Anw, CP-9, Onigumo, Dalmatian, Sengoku...quite many guys associated with Marines have Zoan

because he is "green bull".

All Admirals' epithets have animal in them...

#36 Tiago

Tiago

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:30 PM

I think that Green Bull is a Zoan.

What can you do about that? Hum?

I never said there was a reeasoning behind thinking he was a Zoan, I didnt even TRIED to find a GOOD reason to explain it, I just FELT like sharing that OPINION.

You find it illogical? Sure, feel like quoting my illogical post while editing my bad english to look superior? Sure. Im here for you baby

i2BzEHL.png

#37 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,488 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:50 PM

I think that Green Bull is a Zoan.

What can you do about that? Hum?

Nothing and that should have been all you wrote. No one would have a problem or at least not me. At worst I would ask ''why?'' and you can go ''I just feel so. It's my liking/feeling, no reason'' and that's completely understandable.

But too bad, that's not all you said. Let see your pathetic lie below:

I never said there was a reeasoning behind thinking he was a Zoan, I didnt even TRIED to find a GOOD reason to explain it, I just FELT like sharing that OPINION.

You said the below:

just.. because we havent seen very Marines with Zoans, and because he is "green bull".

And those are not reasons?

And sure, you yourself admitted they were not good reasons and I was just being more straightforward and said those were nonsense and actually gave my reasoning. Aren't we in agreement?

And no one prohibits you from sharing your opinion though. Doesn't mean we can't say anything about it.

feel like quoting my illogical post while editing my bad english to look superior?

LOL, being superior to you means what? Nothing! I only addressed the reasons. But flattering yourself is a good way to defend your ego. By thinking I'm an arrogant prick you can protect yourself. Keep up with that! And your bad English is not that big a problem, I was just asking you to make sure what you wrote. Overly sensitive, huh?

#38 RhyssaFireheart

RhyssaFireheart

La Tempête

• Administrators
  • 1,264 posts
  • LocationOut on the Sea of Madness...

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:16 PM

@Tiago and @Fulmine - shut up.

If you can't discuss the topic without being petty and snarky to each other, then shut up.  Either offer actual speculation about Ryokugyu or stop talking and leave the thread alone.

• Kazekage likes this

Waiting for the Angels of Avalon.

Coeur de Feu - a storage site for my art, writings, and ramblings.
Coeur de Feu on Etsy - Yes, a place to sell my art.

#39 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,943 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:30 AM

So now that this theory is pretty much confirmed, and Fuji showed his true colors as an anti-WG force. 

http://onemangaforum...e-7#entry945461

What ways do you see Greenbull screwing over the WG/Marines?

• Lone_ant likes this

Spoiler

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#40 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:52 AM

Akainu will also not be pleased after his discussion with the Gorosei, eventually leading to the Marines imposing martial law and taking over the power.

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users