Photo

[Item] Devil Fruits: Types and General Discussions (Part 2)

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#421 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,913 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:41 AM

Besides, gravity has to be level 5 since its twin brother "levitation" is one of the absolute best fruit in op, if i was stupid i would make it the one and only level 6. It doesnt feel right putting the levitation fruit with the string and venom fruit.... but sadly there can be no level 6. However maybe i can declare it the fruit king and it will reign forever on the fruit throne. (That is until the acid fruit gets here or the time fruit user shows up and starts samuri jacking every enemy to the future)

I'm pretty sure Fuji's fruit is completely superior to Shiki's fruit. In a way, Fuwa is like part of the Gravity fruit. Fuji can do everything Shiki can plus the ability to press other (down or horizontal) and Fuji doesn't have to touch things prior.

The acid fruit is not better than Magellan's fruit. I just remember Magellan has poison that can melt Mr.3's wax that is harder than steel/iron.

If it was me, I'd make Perona's fruit a Logia (hey, ghost is totally nature force) and improve the explosion (which is hindered by plot cause Usopp could not tank more than that) and that would be the best fruit.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#422 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,432 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:53 AM

I'm pretty sure Fuji's fruit is completely superior to Shiki's fruit. In a way, Fuwa is like part of the Gravity fruit. Fuji can do everything Shiki can plus the ability to press other (down or horizontal) and Fuji doesn't have to touch things prior.

The acid fruit is not better than Magellan's fruit. I just remember Magellan has poison that can melt Mr.3's wax that is harder than steel/iron.

If it was me, I'd make Perona's fruit a Logia (hey, ghost is totally nature force) and improve the explosion (which is hindered by plot cause Usopp could not tank more than that) and that would be the best fruit.

Idk fuji's may be, but for now i have to say no it isnt. The levitaion fruit has 2 key advantages the gravity fruit doesnt.

1. Mechanics of how it works. When shiki touches an object it is forever his to control he can put it anywhere he wants with no limit, as we saw he can have an entire floating island and be no where near it. Fuji on the other hand cant do that, from what we have seen he cant keep things up in the air and all his uses of power require his attention and effort. Shiki also can.....well calling his powers levitation is kinda wrong it is more of touch activated telekinetic powers. He can send his objects any direction he wants to and even shape objects with his powera like when he made lion heads out of the ground (i would of made a bed of sharpe blades but w/e) fuji can ONLY push or pull things relaitive to his location. He can levitate the ship or rock he is standing on or levitate rubble around him, but he cant levitate a ship miles away, not from what we have seen.

2. The ability for personal levitation. I know fuji can fly by levitating the ground under him, but if he is on a ship or over water or over a volcano.... this is a smaller point, but it is important to note shiki can always save himself from falling and fuji can only save himself if he can fall into what is below him. (So he cant actually save himself)

To be fair the gravity fruit has its own powers, but the levitation fruit is different enough that they are not the same fruit.
To give you credit, i dont think the user of the gravity fruit would ever lose to the levitation fruit (all other stats aside). But we can all agree that is just because of a bad match up.

I mentioned his "super poison" i called it super poison instead of....kahsiksidhsi or what ever its japanese name is.... as fans we have no clue how it works, what we can say though is even if it has the power to literally destroy ID, it would take a while. It coudnt even instantly melt the candle luffy had on, it just kinda creeped up the candle, also the giant spike wall g3 luffy used to push back magellan, it didnt instantly destroy that wall, the wall was still able to hit and push back magellan.
The Acid fruit on the other hand would instantly melt all those objects and if the acid fruit user wasnt careful. Using that much acid he would even melt the floor he was standing on, compared to magellan who did not....

The best fruit would be a ghost logia with improved explosions? The ghost fruit was already really good, it had an unblockable long range quasi one hit kill. But making it a logia is a little nonsense, logia have to be real things. There is no absolute zero or white hole logia after all.
But i can kinda see your point, if the ghost user was able to have all the powers of a ghost they would be really tough. It wouldnt break op either logia already have their intangiblity, why not let the ghost fruit user's actual body have that and the ability to fly? It wouldnt even be as over powered as logia make the ghost user have to conciously turn ghost intangiblity on and off (maybe in exchange CoA doesnt work on it) and maybe even make it like obito's bull shit ability where once it is on the user cant attack (either the whole body is intangible or none of it is)

I agree that would be an awesome fruit but you would still be heavily limited by the speed of the ghosts. At least in range attacks. The levitation fruit still has far more range and destructive abilities.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#423 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,913 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:23 PM

When shiki touches an object it is forever his to control he can put it anywhere he wants with no limit, as we saw he can have an entire floating island and be no where near it. Fuji on the other hand cant do that, from what we have seen he cant keep things up in the air and all his uses of power require his attention and effort.

Fuji fought Luffy and even used DF named technique, one with his epithet even, Ferocious Tiger whilst keeping a whole island worth of rubbles sky high...so he totally can divide his DF power to do different tasks at the same time. Maybe he can't put a thing at a fixed point in the air forever or a long long time like Shiki, but for 1vs1 or fighting I think there's no difference.

Thought you judge DFs based solely on combat abilities? If you extend to other application then sure, Shiki's fruit is good at making a world 8th wonder, I guess. And Capone's fruit is the best house ever. World Best Landlord!!!

He can send his objects any direction he wants to and even shape objects with his powera like when he made lion heads out of the ground (i would of made a bed of sharpe blades but w/e) fuji can ONLY push or pull things relaitive to his location. He can levitate the ship or rock he is standing on or levitate rubble around him, but he cant levitate a ship miles away, not from what we have seen.

What? He lifted Dresrosa's rubbles across the island. Dresrosa sure is bigger than a few kilometers in diameter. As for shaping things he lift? That's just a matter of mastery, really. Logia and production fruit can form any shape they want, provided that they train. Perosperos made candy work of art for example.

2. The ability for personal levitation. I know fuji can fly by levitating the ground under him, but if he is on a ship or over water or over a volcano.... this is a smaller point, but it is important to note shiki can always save himself from falling and fuji can only save himself if he can fall into what is below him. (So he cant actually save himself)

Unless you drop him into a really vast nowhere place, which is rare cause most fights in One Piece happen on land anw, I don't see how that's a problem. His range is huge so he can just lift somehting far away close to him and step on it.

On the other hand, Fuji can drag meteors so his range is, again, great and Shiki cannot do that unless he fly up and hopefully he can breath...Fuji can also repel attacks which Shiki cannot claim to do unless he touches it which means tanking it or at least risk touching something he maybe shouldn't.

Also, Shiki has to touch the object, so clearly he has to have preparation or only start doing so during the fight. Fuji can activate his power any time he wants.

It coudnt even instantly melt the candle luffy had on, it just kinda creeped up the candle

It did later though.

The best fruit would be a ghost logia with improved explosions? The ghost fruit was already really good, it had an unblockable long range quasi one hit kill. But making it a logia is a little nonsense, logia have to be real things. There is no absolute zero or white hole logia after all.
But i can kinda see your point, if the ghost user was able to have all the powers of a ghost they would be really tough. It wouldnt break op either logia already have their intangiblity, why not let the ghost fruit user's actual body have that and the ability to fly? It wouldnt even be as over powered as logia make the ghost user have to conciously turn ghost intangiblity on and off (maybe in exchange CoA doesnt work on it) and maybe even make it like obito's bull shit ability where once it is on the user cant attack (either the whole body is intangible or none of it is)

I agree that would be an awesome fruit but you would still be heavily limited by the speed of the ghosts. At least in range attacks. The levitation fruit still has far more range and destructive abilities.

Ghost is real, in One Piece muahaha. I mean soul exists and not just a made-up concept...

If you mean actual matter, well, darkness is not matter. It's abstract. It's just absence of light/light being blocked. Oda adds the black hole property but in the same way he also add the negativity to ghost so not much different.

No, I mean an actual ghost logia. So the ghost speed can be control at will. Also the user is intangible or not by choice and can attack if he wants by using his real body (but why when the explosion is improved greatly). Difference? It's perfect intangibility. Because ghost is not matter. It's not just intangible, it's incorporeal. So there's no counter or block. The only way is CoA which means you have to fight regardless and you can't hide.

The only limit would be he can't produce other shapes besides ghost.

#424 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,432 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:56 PM

Fuji fought Luffy and even used DF named technique, one with his epithet even, Ferocious Tiger whilst keeping a whole island worth of rubbles sky high...so he totally can divide his DF power to do different tasks at the same time. Maybe he can't put a thing at a fixed point in the air forever or a long long time like Shiki, but for 1vs1 or fighting I think there's no difference.

Thought you judge DFs based solely on combat abilities? If you extend to other application then sure, Shiki's fruit is good at making a world 8th wonder, I guess. And Capone's fruit is the best house ever. World Best Landlord!!!

What? He lifted Dresrosa's rubbles across the island. Dresrosa sure is bigger than a few kilometers in diameter. As for shaping things he lift? That's just a matter of mastery, really. Logia and production fruit can form any shape they want, provided that they train. Perosperos made candy work of art for example.

Unless you drop him into a really vast nowhere place, which is rare cause most fights in One Piece happen on land anw, I don't see how that's a problem. His range is huge so he can just lift somehting far away close to him and step on it.

On the other hand, Fuji can drag meteors so his range is, again, great and Shiki cannot do that unless he fly up and hopefully he can breath...Fuji can also repel attacks which Shiki cannot claim to do unless he touches it which means tanking it or at least risk touching something he maybe shouldn't.

Also, Shiki has to touch the object, so clearly he has to have preparation or only start doing so during the fight. Fuji can activate his power any time he wants.

It did later though.

Ghost is real, in One Piece muahaha. I mean soul exists and not just a made-up concept...

If you mean actual matter, well, darkness is not matter. It's abstract. It's just absence of light/light being blocked. Oda adds the black hole property but in the same way he also add the negativity to ghost so not much different.

No, I mean an actual ghost logia. So the ghost speed can be control at will. Also the user is intangible or not by choice and can attack if he wants by using his real body (but why when the explosion is improved greatly). Difference? It's perfect intangibility. Because ghost is not matter. It's not just intangible, it's incorporeal. So there's no counter or block. The only way is CoA which means you have to fight regardless and you can't hide.

The only limit would be he can't produce other shapes besides ghost.

that is why i said "it may be but for now i have to say no it isnt" it is possible that fuji uses literally zero of his strength and concentration to keep that rubble in the sky, that is possible (but you have to admit unlikely) but in shiki's case we know for a fact he has no such weakness.

This is still based only on combat skills, who cares what secret hideout he can build. if shiki can keep tons of rocks in the air he has a huge combat advantage, all he has to do is lift a single island into the sky and he has anywhere between 4-10 meteors he can break apart and shape into missiles to drop on enemies. and unlike fuji's metors that can be blocked by cutting them in half, shiki wouldn't have such a weakness, he can still control the meteor, if law or dd tried to cut his meteor in half he would simply force the rocks back together with his powers. and fuji can only call the meteor down, shiki could make the meteor chase after his target and send it back up in the air. also, fuji has to send his power into the sky and call down a meteor that falls at the speed of gravity. Shiki can touch the ground, send a meteor into the sky as far as he deems necessary, then bring it down as fast as his powers will allow.

The rubble was mostly confined to a small area thanks to bird cage, larger then the radius i originally said his powers has but that is still nothing compared to shiki who can have his objects miles away from him. shiki could send a flying rock to sink a ship very far away and very accurately, where fuji is so in accurate that he was forced to let luffy go because the towns folk were in his general area (ya ya ya plot bull shit)

also i highly doubt that no matter how hard fuji trains his gravity fruit he will ever be able to shape things like a production fruit/logia. same way i doubt BB will ever be able to shape things using his darkness. it just isnt the type of fruit that he has.

I think it is the other way around from what you said, fuji falling into a vast nothingness is the ONLY time his powers could save him from falling. I am talking about when fuji is fighting over the ocean on a ship or next to lava or an acid pool (lol he is fighting in yellow stone national park only near the ocean) if someone were to push fuji over a pool of acid, fuji would either have to nothing to pull over him to savehimself. he cant pull the acid up he would die, he cant pull the ground from where he was pushed he is too close to the acid pool, he would have no option aside from not getting pushed into it in the first place.

Not to mention fuji can always have someone shoot what ever he is flying on out from under him, where shiki has no such weakness.

ya fuji can use his gravity to push attacks away, but shiki can use his power to make the ground itself to rise up and defend him from attacks, like a cheep garra knock off. I admit that fuji has a slightly better block, but compared to Shiki's far better offense abilities it isn't that big of a win.

not to mention, maybe there are a few things that can stop fuji like the encircling walls from MF. BUT there is no such physical items that could ever stop shiki. shiki could just touch the walls and he would be able to rip them to shreds with his powers. it is even possible that he could rip bird cage to pieces depending on if plot will allow it.

no magellan never melted the candle stuff, mr 3 canceled it out before it could creep its way to luffy's feet. both times magellan was hit he had to tank the luffy stomp and he had to tank the G3 spike wall.- go back and read chapter 547. the people that get hit by the super poison are not dissolving, Mr. 3's wax isn't dissolving, (m3.  did cancel that.) and same with the spike wall, the spike wall cracked because of luffy kicking it so hard, but the fodder made it clear that luffy did actually push magellan back. also as i have said before, the poison on the floor didn't melt the floor. SO this all tells us that super poison is dangerous because it spreads NOT because it is acidic. and if it is acidic, we never saw that. 

honestly as far as discrediting the acid fruit because magellan has (slightly) acidic poison is like discrediting the fire fruit because the cream fruit burns people. or the heat fruit because the cream fruit burns people. or the ton fruit because the kilo fruit...... you get the point.

Like i said, the acid fruit would be super acid, nothing would be able to touch the user without being instantly dissolved. (except for flying slashes/ punches) If i had my way the fruit user would have only 1 weakness, his feet, which he cant coat in acid when he is standing on the ground or else he would dissolve the ground he is standing on. that and unlike WB or magellan who think they should be careful, the acid fruit user needs to be actually really careful or else he would dissolve the ground/ ship he is standing on.

The main appeal of this fruit compared to the poison fruit is the way the user would fight compared to how magellan fought. magellan was very chill, he had a million ways to fight he could stay back and use his dragons or attack with his horns or make his venom demon. where the acid fruit user would be just an all in attacker. just non stop running at full speed charging through all an opponent's defenses with nothing that can stop him. kinda.......kinda exactly what akainu did at the end of the MF war...... and someone named "green bull" is the perfect user for a DF with a fighting style like that.

no i get the darkness furit, BB is a black hole, he has the power to pull all things in with no chance of escape. But this is a OP black hole so it isn't nearly as dangerous as a real black hole and works very differently. also like kuma he can draw in abstract concepts like "df power" it even explains why BB cant let things pass through his body, because nothing passes through a black hole, it only gets sucked in. Also it explains why the darkness fruit is considered the most powerful fruit, since once again, a black hole is the most powerful thing to ever exist. (except god) BUT the "black hole fruit" would be kinda lame, all he can do is make black holes? so oda allows BB to do weird things with his darkness aside from just making spheres that suck in all things.

speaking of black holes. you ever read my hero academy? i haven't ever, but i have seen a few memes about that useless little kid that wears a diaper and has the power to make sticky black balls. those are actually black holes, he controls the power of them and at low power all they do is stick to things, but at high power they can suck people cars and even entire buildings into them. how do you think he beat the hero licensing exam, he sucked in tons of robots with his black hole power. now he is playing stupid in order to fool people.

so your idea of the perfect fruit is the ghost fruit with logia defense? I think mine would be.......humm....... I already said the levitation fruit is probably the best fruit in OP. the only problem it has is that it cant effect people. so if the levitation fruit was able to effect people it would without a doubt be the best fruit to ever exist in OP. (then the levitation fruit would be able to rip apart a human along with anything else on the OP world) the gravity fruit it it gave the user logia defense would be better but the gravity fruit still has a huge weakness when it comes to high level combat. and of course the light fruit is the 2nd best fruit. ice is probably also up there

I cant take any of Oda's titled fruits seriously,

1- the darkness fruit "most powerful fruit" ok cool it is a fruit that has more power then any other fruit, but it lacks any offense aside from pulling in people. it can pull in people better then any other fruit and no fruit could escape it, but what if a weakling has the fruit? usopp pulls in mihawk....then gets cut in half instantly.

2- the quake fruit "most powerful paramicum" ok this fruit has great offense, but it doesn't have any defense what so ever. this fruit gives the user the ability to spam king punch.......idk i would rather have the ability to shoot lasers or magma..... OH no WAIT!!!! it can shake the ground!!! I sure hope pirates that are used to fighting/living on the ocean can handle the ground moving.....

3- the OP fruit "ultimate fruit" this one allows the user to do anything they want in a room made by the user. the only problem is "anything you want" requires a ton of combat skill to properly utilize. mihawk with this fruit would probably be PK, where luffy with this fruit would be worthless. dont get me wrong without combat skills this is still a good fruit, but with combat skills it becomes even better.

so oda sure is bad at calling the best fruit.

banner.png

#425 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,913 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:02 PM

speaking of black holes. you ever read my hero academy? i haven't ever, but i have seen a few memes about that useless little kid that wears a diaper and has the power to make sticky black balls. those are actually black holes, he controls the power of them and at low power all they do is stick to things, but at high power they can suck people cars and even entire buildings into them. how do you think he beat the hero licensing exam, he sucked in tons of robots with his black hole power. now he is playing stupid in order to fool people.

You absolutely should read it. Only 20 volumes so far and has a lot of fun powers. And it's not too OP a verse (about as superhuman as Alabasta arc level) so we cna focus on how they use their powers instead of spamming destructive force everywhere. Plus all powers have some sort of fatal weaknesses so it becomes battle of wits and characters use brains

There's a kid with electricity and one kinda like Moria

so your idea of the perfect fruit is the ghost fruit with logia defense?

Yeah, great defense and OP offense, plus terrific hax

Of course, if I have my way, Enel wouldn't be countered by rubber (Luffy wouldn't get shocked but still be burned and cannot touch Enel) and he has knowledge to utilize every application lightning can do.

Shiki who?

#426 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,432 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:18 AM

You absolutely should read it. Only 20 volumes so far and has a lot of fun powers. And it's not too OP a verse (about as superhuman as Alabasta arc level) so we cna focus on how they use their powers instead of spamming destructive force everywhere. Plus all powers have some sort of fatal weaknesses so it becomes battle of wits and characters use brains

There's a kid with electricity and one kinda like Moria

Yeah, great defense and OP offense, plus terrific hax

Of course, if I have my way, Enel wouldn't be countered by rubber (Luffy wouldn't get shocked but still be burned and cannot touch Enel) and he has knowledge to utilize every application lightning can do.

Shiki who?

been very busy recently, hopefully i will have time in a few months. does it publish once a week or once a month?

you know if Enel had access to not only electricity but was able to use his lightning to make magnetic fields, then that would be without a doubt the best fruit ever to exist, kizaru would even be jealous.

not even counting the fact he could use his electricity as a rail gun to send millions of metal spikes through luffy at ungodly speeds.....

if Enel could use a magnatic field to utilize diamagnatism (no i wont fix that spelling), he would have the ability to push all things away from him. It would be like he has the pushing powers of fuji or pain (except no almighty pull only almighty push) of course this ability probably wouldn't hurt anyone, it would be the perfect defense that no one can get past. not even haki, it would be like a long range version of kuma's repel ability.

add that to the well known "5 times hotter then the surface of the sun" heat that lightning boasts, so that means move over akainu with your cold ass magma (and my theoretical acid fruit) Enel would have the ability to burn through anything with just a touch.

finally, I might be wrong, but if enel did have total control over the electromagnetic spectrum I guess he would be able to create lasers....not 100% sure on that.... BUT at that point we would be jumping the shark, he already has the power to push all things melt all things and his base powers to control weather turn into a lightning monster and fire off massive lightning strikes, (a single one was powerful enough to down zoro.) and logia defense, probably one of the best defenses in op since his weakness is very obscure (although light/ smoke with NO weakness is better)

sadly for enel though, Oda has to balance OP. honestly i think Oda's job balancing the DF is a really great thing. it sure beats bleach.......

yawh "look at me, my power is to counter all things, or is it to see the future? or is it to decide the future by picking out of many possible futures? or do i just shoot really strong arrows at people? look I just broke your banki by pointing my finger!!!!"

ichigo "OMG so hax"

aizen "not really.....my powers still work...oh look you are dead"

yawh "nooooo!!!! if only my powers were better defined!!!!"

there is no real god fruit in OP............however i am still holding up hope that under that straw hat in that freezer the "heavenly dragons secret" is actually a secret DF. maybe it is even my radiation fruit. my evidence is-

1- why is it in a freezer? you dont need to keep a straw hat cold, you need to keep a DF cold so it doesn't rot like a normal fruit.

2- the elder stars are so confident that they can "cleanse" the world.....I personally am a huge fan of the admirals and all, but......nothing the WG has shown us so far indicated they can straight up steam roll the entire world. like i said it is debatable if the WG could beat all 4 emperors in a war, but the entire world? maybe the WG is talking about just killing all the civilians and leaving the WG as is. but that is insane, they would lose all their workers and money makers and leave all their enemies alive..... for the elders to be as confident as they are they HAVE to have a secret weapon. why not a boss DF?

3- it........it just cant be a straw hat.....it cant........that is literally the lamest thing in the history of anything. I have never had a manga/tv show/movie disappoint me that much.

elders "ok listen DD, we feel bad for you we do, your dad was a moron, but we cant have you robbing our treasure ships, so......ya we are sending CP0 to kill you"

DD "hahahaha you cant do that, if you try to kill me I will tell the world your secret!!!!!!!"

elder *internal "shit he knows......no he couldn't possible know......play it cool" *external "what secret is that?"

DD "you guys......HAVE A STRAW HAT!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha"

elder "noooooooo!!!!!!!!!! ok do what ever you want we wont send assassins"

-

elder 2 "why do we care about that again?"

elder "are you kidding me?!?!?! we cant have the public find out that our WG organization was founded by a fodder giant with poor fashion sense!!!!! the public would never listen to us again"

elder 3 "akainu is late for his 2 o'clock appointment"

secretary "akainu called ahead, he said 'why should i listen to you losers, your organization was founded by a fodder giant, do you know how many giants i have one shotted? did you know BM one shotted one of the strongest giants ever when she was a baby? you 5 are clowns'....i dont think he is going to show up"

elder "damn it how did akainu find out??"

elder 2 "he knew since the ohara incident, why do you think we made him fleet admiral?"

elder "WHAT?!?"

elder 2 "ya you know how we shot professor clover right before he could say the name of the pirate crew that predated the WG?"

elder "ya spandine shot him right in time......right?"

elder 2 "wrong, reports say clover was running around ohara yelling 'the straw hat giant pirates, the straw hat giant pirates, that is the crew that predated the wg' even before the buster call showed up"

elder 3 "did you think that was the first time clover ever said the name of the crew out loud? he said it all the time, i think he even put the name in one of the archaeologist Christmas cards"

elder 2 "if you remember, the archologists didn't break our laws and start studying the void century until after they learned of the original name of the WG. once they found out we were founded by such disgraceful fodder they believed they could break any of our laws they wanted."

SEE?!?!?!?!!? see how lame that is??????? I think i can speak for me when i say that the will of D and the void century is what is called a "B plot" we are all here to see luffy become the pirate king, the fact that luffy is part of some family who always does the opposite of what god wants holds almost no baring on my enjoyment of OP.....you could take that entire sub plot out of OP and the manga would be almost entirely unchanged..... so when DD said the heavenly dragons had a secret power, I thought it was actually important.......

• Tale likes this

banner.png

#427 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,913 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:03 PM

been very busy recently, hopefully i will have time in a few months. does it publish once a week or once a month?

week. Same magazine as One Piece, Naruto, Bleach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users