~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:06 AM

Previous Thread

Last few posts;

Re episode 24: Really? They left a cliffhanger... they must be very confident to have a SAO III (maybe in 2-3 yrs) for the Underworld Arc

That was way too sad :( But alas it ended beautifully.

I'm really gonna miss Yuuki and her friends....I'm happy that Jun and Siune are doing well though, RIP the rest TwT

Overall this season has been a lot better than season 1 imo and I lived every bit of it

GGO - 9/10
Calibur - 7/10
Mothers Rosario - 9/10

Overall 8.5/10 for me....I'm gonna miss you yet again SAO

Is there any word on SAO 3?

Nope there was no cliffhanger for one at the end

Apparently some people are in an uproar because of the post credit scene which was filler lol

I saw an image on MAL that showed that Alicization is trending a lot in Japan atm tho

And so season 2 ends. :aww:

It was a very sweet and sad episode.  Things were mostly wrapped up in a satisfying manner.  Good job SAO team.

I wouldn't say there's no foundation.  Kirito talking about the mixing of the real and virtual worlds and blurring lines is very in line with his experience in Alicization.  We might get SAO 3 starting off with him taking on the new job and then maybe in episode 2 or 3 getting injected with the poison.  The groundwork's been laid.

Still Alicization is still my least favorite arc thus far.  But the anime team's done a tremendous job with SAO thus far. I'm sure I'd enjoy an adaptation.

• Tokoya likes this

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#2 blastdabomb

blastdabomb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:29 AM

The "cliffhanger" I mentioned wasn't the post-credits scene, it's the scene just before the credits when Kirito mentioned Kayaba Akihito (Heathcliff) and the credits roll... as though Kayaba is the one behind everything and he's a final boss of some kind...

#3 tattaslayr

tattaslayr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:24 AM

Anybody ever wondered what Kirito's reaction time could be?

#4 kessie

kessie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:29 AM

Guys.... I just realized I never watched the last episode of season 2.... 0_0 i was laying in bed trying to sleep (my brain won't shut off), and, just when I was almost asleep, it hit me. Wasn't even thinking about sao or anything.
  • Lone_ant likes this

weareasuperteamloco_zpsxquonz8c.gif?t=14

"Those two are made for each other"

-Master Fu

#5 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,538 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:31 PM

Toonami's SAO 2 promo.

• Tokoya likes this

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#6 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:27 AM

SAO Abridged 

Spoiler

Spoiler

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#7 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:41 AM

Soo.. I just found out about SAO two days ago and I just finished the first season. My work buddies tell me Gun Gale isn't that good.. Anyway my question is thus : Is Kirito X Asuna still a thing at the end of season 2? I've looked up everything so I know a lot more then I've seen but Asuna's story background doesn't mention anything outside of ALfhiem Online and her enrolling in the SAO school which I knew anyway from the end of S1. Does Asuna join GGO to?

Also I was wondering if it was just me or did the show lose a bit of excitement after the SAO arc? (Outside of the whole saving Asuna thing)

#8 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:44 AM

Yes Kirito and Asuna are still together, yes things went downhill after SAO.

• Blue22 and Asch like this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#9 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:46 AM

Soo.. I just found out about SAO two days ago and I just finished the first season. My work buddies tell me Gun Gale isn't that good..

In my opinion, SAO > GGO > ALO. My problem with GGO is that it felt too short.

• Asch and KUROkami like this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#10 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:51 AM

Wow thanks for the quick responses guys, really appreciate it. Could you guys tell me if SAO 2 is dubbed yet? I would go subs just no computer to help me out at the moment and I watched season 1 on Netflix and it always feels wierd to me to change between them.

@DarkNemesis totally understand, I felt that about the SAO arc. Too much time skips in that part, should have been more detailed.

#11 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,176 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:52 AM

Soo.. I just found out about SAO two days ago and I just finished the first season. My work buddies tell me Gun Gale isn't that good.. Anyway my question is thus : Is Kirito X Asuna still a thing at the end of season 2? I've looked up everything so I know a lot more then I've seen but Asuna's story background doesn't mention anything outside of ALfhiem Online and her enrolling in the SAO school which I knew anyway from the end of S1. Does Asuna join GGO to?

Also I was wondering if it was just me or did the show lose a bit of excitement after the SAO arc? (Outside of the whole saving Asuna thing)

ALO was a mess but GGO managed to be hype in its own way

Season 2 also gave us Calibur arc which was okay (Better than ALO at least) but if you're a sucker for series that pull your heart strings/gives you feels, you're gonna love Mother's Rosario arc which also introduced some new people and gave them (And Asuna) good character development

Edited by Tokoya, 07 August 2015 - 07:52 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#12 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:32 PM

I didn't like the way Asuna was portrayed after SAO. She was not a damsel. She was second only Kirito. And yet....

• Chillman likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#13 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:39 PM

@DarkNemesis

Though that only happened for one arc
Which even then she is the one that gets then the keycard that allows them to get past the locked gate in the impossible quest
Also she almost managed to log out on her own during fairy dance.

In Calibur she was just as involved as the rest of the party. 
In Mother Rosario she was the protagonist along with Konno Yuuki

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Tokoya likes this

#14 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:03 PM

In my opinion, SAO > GGO > ALO. My problem with GGO is that it felt too short.

I just started the franchise and I love it, is GGO in the anime ?

#15 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:10 AM

I just started the franchise and I love it, is GGO in the anime ?

GGO is season 2

Season one is Sao and fairy dance

Season two is GGO, caliber and Mothers Rosario

#16 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:52 PM

Finished season 2 and just can't help but crave more. What a great series.

#17 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,176 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:33 PM

We probably won't see a third season until the next arc ends in the LN which I think will be in Volume 17 or possibly an 18

So my guess is that we won't see a new anime for least 2 years

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#18 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:04 AM

Has anyone read the novels? How much more detailed are they and how long does the SAO arc last for?

#19 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:59 PM

Watched season 2, likes it a lot. Damn I never though I would like SAO, it's so damn good I hope more anime follows.

#20 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:26 AM

I started reading the SAO Progressive light novels and they're really good. A lot more details in them compared to the anime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users