#21 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:44 AM

The anime if memory serves is based on the original light novel which is pretty short in terms of the first arc.

The progressive light novel is newer more detailed version.

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#22 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

I'm aware. I've since read the original as well. Though only half of the first novel. Hopefully they do progressive as an anime as well, it's got a ton of potential and the first 2 books are really making use of that potential.

#23 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:28 PM

Somebody linked these over at TV Tropes (under 'Alternate Company Equivalent'). I gotta admit, I never thought about the similarity before. Now I can't unsee it. :D

#24 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 September 2015 - 06:26 AM

I guess doppelgängers also exist in anime too. Lmao.

#25 Kirito

Kirito

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:22 AM

Hey All! Great news! Sword Art Online: The movie has been announced! You can find info at SAO-movie.net. Cheers!

#26 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:55 AM

Hey All! Great news! Sword Art Online: The movie has been announced! You can find info at SAO-movie.net. Cheers!

It was announced a while ago actuslly but we have a date now along with an announcement PV, Key Visual and a plot synopsis

1457856853-902ff3e3cf430bf90c41cc0de86e0

Tomohiko Itou returns to direct the movie at animation studio A-1 Pictures. Animator Shingo Adachi is once again adapting the original character designs by abec, while Yuki Kajiura is composing the music. An official website has opened with more information on the setting of the new work.

Story
AR (Augmented Reality) Type Information Terminal "Augma" is a next-generation, wearable multi-device that looks like a pair of small headphones. In terms of size and portability, it is far superior to the existing VR machine Amusphere. Augma doesn't have a full-dive function; however, its AR function is greatly enhanced to compensate for it. It can transmit visual, audio, and tactual sensation data to players while they are awake, thus enabling the users to enjoy fitness and health management like a game.

Ordinal Scale is an ARMMORPG that was designed exclusively for Augma. Following its release, it has become the most discussed game due to its advanced technology. In this game, players can raise their rank by collecting items that appear in various places in the real world and by defeating monsters. This "Ranking System" is the main feature of the game, and in this system, each player's status is determined by their rank which is indicated by an ordinal number instead of a cardinal number. As the result, high ranking players are given overwhelming power, and often rank has become a major factor in deciding the outcome of a PvP battle.

The premise actually sounds pretty interesting imo....Looking forward to seeing it even more now

Edited by Tokoya, 13 March 2016 - 08:55 AM.

• Ace1225 and Kirito like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#27 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:04 AM

Always happy with more sword art

#28 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:47 PM

Had no idea a film was even in the works. Happy to hear it though!

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#29 Peleihno

Peleihno

F*ck Trump

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:10 PM

I started watching this again.

Kirito is cool, he has a motorcycle, wtf? :lmao:

Edited by Peleihno, 17 March 2016 - 09:10 PM.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#30 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,276 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:03 PM

@Ace1225, I swear you were talking about Accel World one of the threads. But since I rewatched it and realized that SAO and it are in the same universe, I figured I'd say this here. The journey to Level 10 seems somewhat similar to the journey to get to the end of SAO. In that accomplishing both should get you to the maker of the game. If this is true, then it seems reasonable that the developer of Accel World is Kirito.

• Ace1225 likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#31 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:27 PM

@Ace1225, I swear you were talking about Accel World one of the threads. But since I rewatched it and realized that SAO and it are in the same universe, I figured I'd say this here. The journey to Level 10 seems somewhat similar to the journey to get to the end of SAO. In that accomplishing both should get you to the maker of the game. If this is true, then it seems reasonable that the developer of Accel World is Kirito.

Ohhhh I like this theory. I'm checking out AW this weekend, when is the SAO movie come out

#32 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:19 AM

Yeah that was me last week in the Dragon Ball Super thread, right after I finished Accel World. I also noticed the similarities and you could even compare it to the World Tree bit in ALO, which is even known within the game as the Grand Quest, highlighting how it is meant to be the end goal for players. Though there it's turned on its head because players were never meant to actually complete it. Would definitely be interesting to see if it was Kirito. Couldn't imagine him going into any other field except video game design.

Edited by Ace1225, 29 June 2016 - 12:20 AM.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#33 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:07 AM

Ohhhh I like this theory. I'm checking out AW this weekend, when is the SAO movie come out

Its been a popular fan theory for a while now.....There's also a really popular theory where it is believed that the main female in AW is he and Asuna's daughter too/or that she's related to them in some way

Edited by Tokoya, 29 June 2016 - 02:17 AM.

• KUROkami likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#34 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 July 2016 - 07:32 PM

• DarkNemesis likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#35 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:24 AM

The fact the original author took part in developing this has me excited. Interested to see how it turns out.

#36 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:07 AM

The fact the original author took part in developing this has me excited. Interested to see how it turns out.

Same here....I had no idea that he wrote the story until now

Might as well say that this is canon even

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#37 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:34 PM

http://www.animenews...-series/.104938

#38 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:04 PM

Naah, i'm good. I don't consider anime to be something that translates well to the live action arena.

• DarkNemesis and KUROkami like this

#39 Kirito

Kirito

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:51 AM

Need I remind everyone of what happens when Hollywood takes anime to turn it into something else? There's one movie that is a good example that shouldn't be named???... But it will cause yeah Dragonball Evolution... SAO you were one of my favorites but Hollywood will screw you horribly.

#40 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:51 AM

I'm always willing give adaptions a chance, no matter how hard I end up getting burned in the end. Even though I haven't been the biggest fan of SAO since the very first arc, I'm actually kinda curious about this movie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users