59 replies to this topic

#41 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,276 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:52 AM

SAO could be the Mortal Kombat of our times. Seeing as Mortal Kombat, as far as I can remember, is the only video game to real-life adaptation that was true to the source and actually good.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#42 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:14 AM

SAO could be the Mortal Kombat of our times. Seeing as Mortal Kombat, as far as I can remember, is the only video game to real-life adaptation that was true to the source and actually good.

And then the sequel happened and chucked everything about Mortal Kombat's lore out the window :P
  • g-dubz likes this

#43 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,276 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:43 AM

And then the sequel happened and chucked everything about Mortal Kombat's lore out the window :P

Parade (me) meet Rain (you) :P

• Blue22 likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#44 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

Season 3 is officially confirmed as well as a spinoff of GGO

http://www.swordart-...et/alicization/

1506830101-d9e8e67fa9b524cbc6d29cf493a16 1506830109-ead1931a7114bc5735eaae9aa2d08

Edited by Tokoya, 30 September 2017 - 11:35 PM.

• Ace1225, Asch and KUROkami like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#45 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

Season 3 is officially confirmed as well as a spinoff of GGO

http://www.swordart-...et/alicization/

https://myanimelist.cdn-dena.com/s/commo...https://myanimelist.cdn-dena.com/s/commo...

Hyped
  • Tokoya and Kirito like this

#46 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:06 AM

As always, the visuals look great. Hopefully the story holds up this time around.

EDIT: I hadn't even realized that Ordinal Scale was already out. I'll watch it either tonight or tomorrow if I can find it online.

Edited by Ace1225, 23 October 2017 - 10:08 AM.

• Tokoya likes this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#47 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:53 AM

Time to watch Ordinal Scale then. I wish they would redo sword art following the progressive books, it would be almost a completely different storyline but I would soooo love seeing Kirito and Asuna actually clearing all the floors of Aincrad instead of skipping 50 floors in all of 1 episode.
  • Tokoya and Ace1225 like this

#48 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:11 AM

Skipping so many floors is fore sure a missed opportunity in my opinion. We definitely didn't need to see every floor, but showing us the work the characters put into say another 5 floors would have been a nice addition alongside some of the random stories we got, like Kirito crafting his second sword, the Black Cats, and the whole murder mystery thing.

• Asch likes this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#49 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:13 AM

I really enjoyed Ordinal Scale....It was pretty cool how they linked it to Aincrad and it was nice to see Kirito actually have to grow skill wise again

• Asch likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#50 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:13 AM

Yeah, Ordinal Scale was surprisingly good. Great animation and music, as usual, with a lot of solid moments between Kirito and Asuna. Furthermore, I even liked the villain's plot and their reasons for doing what they were doing. 

• Tokoya and Asch like this

#51 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:59 AM

For me it just would have been perfect if we could have seen more of Aincrad while they were in it, I would have really enjoyed a more in depth analysis of the weapons, skills, and equipment. As well as upgrade customization. All of this is present in the progressive books, but there's reading and seeing. Oh and laughing coffin the murder guild would have made one hell of a story arc. I could see Sword Art reaching big 3 status given the proper sub plots. Another huge thing was the fact if you died you died IRL too, which again really amps up the value. Put some more real characters in, drop the harem completely but keep the romance sub plots and your looking at a work that could have easily rivalled Naruto and Bleach. Maybe not One Piece but it's debatable.
  • Tokoya likes this

#52 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,185 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:13 PM

I haven't read the most recent volumes, but I'm not a fan of Alicization as a whole.  It just...drags on.

I didn't realize Ordinal Scale was out.  I'll have to go find it.

ilhd1c.jpg

#53 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:38 PM

Did the new SAO game come out yet ? I’m thinking about giving it a try

#54 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:02 PM

Fall 2018 confirmed

• Ace1225 and KUROkami like this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#55 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:29 AM

As someone who hasn't read the light novels, from what I understand Alicization makes up the longest arc from the light novels. Therefore, since i'm assuming there's more material than the other arcs had when they were being adapted, this might give us a chance to really just have a series focus on one story for once. Said it before, the first series would've been much better served had those last few episodes skipped ALO and just stuck to SAO. And I remain a few of this franchise, despite its problems, so I want this to be good. Watched the film a while back and I enjoyed it. So I have decent hopes for this.

#56 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:57 AM

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good site to watch Ordinal Scale ?

#57 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:32 AM

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good site to watch Ordinal Scale ?

http://kissanime.ru/...39312&s=default

• KUROkami likes this

#58 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:47 PM

So I checked out the movie . It wasn’t bad ...just meh af

#59 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:33 AM

Review of the new episode is up on IGN..from the looks of it , not very impressive. I’m still going to check it out though.

#60 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:22 PM

Review of the new episode is up on IGN..from the looks of it , not very impressive. I’m still going to check it out though.

I found it to be good....We got backstory on the MC and pretty much got to see how she started GGO straight up to almost where episode 1 began
  • KUROkami likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users