Photo

Attack on Titan: Chapter Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Attack on Titan

• Please log in to reply
2139 replies to this topic

#2061 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:10 AM

Chapter 123 Spoilers:

https://mangahelpers...maries.3014927/

#2062 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:06 PM

https://mangadex.org/chapter/742517/1

#2063 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:46 PM

Whoa, it looks like Eren is gonna try to commit mass genocide by sending all the Wall Titans to destroy everyone outside of Paradis Island.

I don't agree with his decision, it's one thing to want to destroy Marley which is fair enough.

But I don't think it's right for him to destroy all the other nations in the world that are not hostile to the inhabitants of Paradis Island imo.
  • Raiden likes this

#2064 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:47 PM

Slaughter them!

(Titans killing people - guess the story didn't change that much since the start  :lol:)

Edited by pyrogenic, 06 November 2019 - 03:48 PM.

• Tokoya likes this

#2065 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 04:03 PM

Well, I'm pretty sure the titans from Rose and Shina will kill some of the Paradis population on their way out.

Also if Paradis has populated the part of the island that is from the walls to the ocean, some of those people will die too.

Water level will probably exceed the height of titans at some parts of the ocean, dunno how they'll get past it. 

#2066 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 06 November 2019 - 05:41 PM

Only disappointment I have is that it's deathly clear Eren will not succeed in his goal. There's just too much build up to not suggest an Edlian opposition to his goals, probably headed up Armin and Mikasa.

Can't wait for Yuki Kaji to deliver that speech in the anime. Will be absolutely godlike.

I'm team Eren until the bitter end. Go destroy the world.
  • Tokoya likes this

zeldadanceresize.gif

#2067 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:39 PM

I kinda don’t get his rationale. I can’t help but to compare him to other anti hero protagonist like Lalouch and Light, but while I get there reasoning for effectively being mass murderers, i dont get why eren is doin it.

I would understand if he wanted to kill everyone on earth except the Elodians but obviously he’s willing to kill most of the elodians too. What was the point of even showing him bonding with those refuges if he was so ok with killing them? And how did anything from the flashback in the first half of the chapter add context to this decision?

I’ve thought of a few theories like 1. He wishes to just start over and wipe the slate clean and probably would even go so far as to wipe the memories of the surviving elodians. 2. He’s basically developed a giant US vs Them mentality. And doesn’t actually care about what side of the fence he’s fighting for. 3. His whole thing since the beginning was to “Kill ALL titans” but maybe once he realized the titans weren't the true villains he changed it to kill all humans, or if u wanna go even deeper, since titans are all actually humans then Eren hasn't changed his goal since the very beginning.

But idk, all in all this doesn’t feel philosophical in any meaningful way but more jus like a giant tantrum.

Whoa, it looks like Eren is gonna try to commit mass genocide by sending all the Wall Titans to destroy everyone outside of Paradis Island.

I don't agree with his decision, it's one thing to want to destroy Marley which is fair enough.

But I don't think it's right for him to destroy all the other nations in the world that are not hostile to the inhabitants of Paradis Island imo.

naw this chapter did kind of show that the rest of the world is prejudice against Paradis island. They made a few comments that implies that the rest of the world considers them devils too

#2068 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:30 PM

Page 8- "OH SHIT! IT'S PENNYWISE! RUN!"

Maybe, hopefully, Misaka and Armin will 'reach out' to Eren and get him to stop this. Maybe its something that got 'buried deep' within Eren and even Zeke. The compulsion to wipe out their most hated enemy down to the last. Zeke never had anyone to talk him out of his foolishness. Eren has Misaka and Armin who both talked him down from time to time.

Edited by Graeystone, 06 November 2019 - 11:32 PM.

• Raiden likes this

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#2069 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:33 PM

I kinda don’t get his rationale. I can’t help but to compare him to other anti hero protagonist like Lalouch and Light, but while I get there reasoning for effectively being mass murderers, i dont get why eren is doin it.
I would understand if he wanted to kill everyone on earth except the Elodians but obviously he’s willing to kill most of the elodians too. What was the point of even showing him bonding with those refuges if he was so ok with killing them? And how did anything from the flashback in the first half of the chapter add context to this decision?
I’ve thought of a few theories like 1. He wishes to just start over and wipe the slate clean and probably would even go so far as to wipe the memories of the surviving elodians. 2. He’s basically developed a giant US vs Them mentality. And doesn’t actually care about what side of the fence he’s fighting for. 3. His whole thing since the beginning was to “Kill ALL titans” but maybe once he realized the titans weren't the true villains he changed it to kill all humans, or if u wanna go even deeper, since titans are all actually humans then Eren hasn't changed his goal since the very beginning.
But idk, all in all this doesn’t feel philosophical in any meaningful way but more jus like a giant tantrum.  naw this chapter did kind of show that the rest of the world is prejudice against Paradis island. They made a few comments that implies that the rest of the world considers them devils too

What about the Azumabitos and all the other people that have helped out the people of Paradis Island in the past?

The point is you are wrong, not all of the countries of the world are hostile to Paradis Island like you claimed. Just probably the majority of them.

I still don't think it's right for Eren to commit mass genocide with all those Wall Titans tbh.

That seems to me to be a pretty villainous act in and of itself and makes Eren little better than the enemy whom he seeks to destroy - aka Marley and its allies.
  • Graeystone likes this

#2070 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:59 PM

Chapter 1: Titans wiped all the humanity except in these walls.

Chapter 123: TITANS! Wipe all the humanity except in these walls!!
  • /2aw, PunkHazard and Chillman like this

#2071 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 07:23 AM

RIP rest of the world.

#2072 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:56 PM

I'm curious on how come mikasa can hear eren. I thought she wasn't a subject of ymir.

Eren has to be bluffing... Right?

I like how mikasa and Armin noticed eren weird behaviour but chose to ignore.
Also like that eren gave a chance until he realised the hate outside the walls was far too strong.

I still can't believe the legendary captain Levi is dead. It was such an anticlimactic death.

Can the collosal titans revert back to humans. There are far more colossal than regular titans sent to paradis island by the marleys. Thats like a million of them. If eren was fighting for freedom then that should also be a big concern.
  • Raiden likes this

#2073 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:43 PM

I'm curious on how come mikasa can hear eren. I thought she wasn't a subject of ymir.

Eren has to be bluffing... Right?

I like how mikasa and Armin noticed eren weird behaviour but chose to ignore.
Also like that eren gave a chance until he realised the hate outside the walls was far too strong.

I still can't believe the legendary captain Levi is dead. It was such an anticlimactic death.

Can the collosal titans revert back to humans. There are far more colossal than regular titans sent to paradis island by the marleys. Thats like a million of them. If eren was fighting for freedom then that should also be a big concern.

Man, I hope so. Like I said, Mikasa and Armin have both talked him out doing some stupid things. They're his 'anchor'. Granted it didn't work all the time but maybe this time it will.

I hate that Levi is dead to. This is Luffy's brother or Jiraiya getting killed level of WTF MANGAKA?!

I still think Armin(who is the actual Colossal Titan) still has a role to play with his power. Maybe he can control them?

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#2074 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:55 PM

^

Where is it confirmed that Levi is dead?

#2075 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:03 PM

^
Where is it confirmed that Levi is dead?

No where, but it looks more than likely he is dead though given Levi's physical condition after when he tried to stop Zeke though.

#2076 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:57 PM

Ackermans are Eldian science experiments, but they're still subjects of Ymir. 

• Raiden likes this

zeldadanceresize.gif

#2077 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:45 AM

Ackermans are Eldian science experiments, but they're still subjects of Ymir. 

Uri here implies that he doesnt have power over an Ackerman. https://i2.wp.com/2....9-003.png?w=640

Maybe her parents aren't pure blood and she has some Ymir blood.

Edited by Krizalid, 08 November 2019 - 05:45 AM.

#2078 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:47 PM

Uri here implies that he doesnt have power over an Ackerman. https://i2.wp.com/2....9-003.png?w=640

Maybe her parents aren't pure blood and she has some Ymir blood.

Maybe she does have Ackerman genes but doesn't realize it. For her to activate the ability must first take a conscious effort.

Edited by Graeystone, 08 November 2019 - 04:48 PM.

z8EE0.png

#2079 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:26 PM

I'm curious on how come mikasa can hear eren.

Simple explanation, mass telepathy. Everyone can hear Eren's voice or thoughts cuz of this.

#2080 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:33 PM

Simple explanation, mass telepathy. Everyone can hear Eren's voice or thoughts cuz of this.

Sure why not. . .so far we got time travel and attempted genocides through some kind of genetic/dna tampering. . .why not throw telepathy in the mix. . .what's next, Eren gets a 12 inch to 18 inch wanker?

Edited by Graeystone, 08 November 2019 - 09:34 PM.

z8EE0.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users