Photo

Attack on Titan: Chapter Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Attack on Titan

• Please log in to reply
2105 replies to this topic

#2101 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:56 PM

Wait, why didn't Eren commanded the wild Titans to backoff, is like he didn't have control over them. Sounds like an important plot point

I don't think Eren has any control over them tbh since they are Zeke's titans not Eren's.

All those particular titans where formerly all those soldiers that Zeke turned into titans with that drugged spinal fluid in the wine.
  • Tokoya and Chillman like this

#2102 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 03:17 AM

regarding what Mikasa & co think about Eren's plan at first it seemed as though Jean was pretending to be supportive of it when he said "they brought this on themselves" but deep down he was against it when he said "we can't do anything to stop Eren right?" but then he brought a good point "the ones who will benefit from this are us" & then they all seemed quite accepting of it even Mikasa because they remembered when Eren said he only cares about them & not any one else.

Connie seems to not give a flying F about the whole world & he just wants to bring his mom back, the only one who was against Eren is Armin but remember part of Armin is now Betrolt so that is probably affecting his dicisions.

regarding the little mindless titans & why wasn't Eren controling them, here is another question: why didn't the several royal shifters control the attack titan? the attack titan was an enemy of the founder so why didn't the founder just control him? I believe all titan shifters are to some degree (but not completely) immune to the founder, so for example he can take away the armour from Reiner but he can't force him out of his titan form, it is possible that the midless titans were created from Zeke's human spinal fluid (not his titan spinal fluid) but since the amount is very small they don't turn into shifters, they get turned to mindless titans but they get the partial immunity from the founder.
  • Tokoya likes this

KfDNJUs.png

#2103 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 01:18 PM

I did some quick measurements of Eren's titan size, he is a little bit larger than Chronos from the video game God of War (like may be by few dozens of meters) but in general they are comparable, video for reference:-

https://youtu.be/ki-Nj6WRtw4

speaking of God of War, I rather like the soundtrack of that game, I hope that when they animate this part of the manga they use a completely new soundtrack, that is a soundtrack with a completely different style because while all the OSTs of SnK are great but they all essentially have the exact same style.

KfDNJUs.png

#2104 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:10 AM

regarding what Mikasa & co think about Eren's plan at first it seemed as though Jean was pretending to be supportive of it when he said "they brought this on themselves" but deep down he was against it when he said "we can't do anything to stop Eren right?" but then he brought a good point "the ones who will benefit from this are us" & then they all seemed quite accepting of it even Mikasa because they remembered when Eren said he only cares about them & not any one else.
Connie seems to not give a flying F about the whole world & he just wants to bring his mom back, the only one who was against Eren is Armin but remember part of Armin is now Betrolt so that is probably affecting his dicisions.
regarding the little mindless titans & why wasn't Eren controling them, here is another question: why didn't the several royal shifters control the attack titan? the attack titan was an enemy of the founder so why didn't the founder just control him? I believe all titan shifters are to some degree (but not completely) immune to the founder, so for example he can take away the armour from Reiner but he can't force him out of his titan form, it is possible that the midless titans were created from Zeke's human spinal fluid (not his titan spinal fluid) but since the amount is very small they don't turn into shifters, they get turned to mindless titans but they get the partial immunity from the founder.

Mikasa and co's facial reactions clearly show that they are aghast at what Eren did. Judging from that, it seems to me they are pretty uncomfortable about what Eren has done.

They have accepted what Eren has done, cuz there is really no way for them to stop what Eren has done.

So it seems to me, that they have resigned themselves to what the world's eventual fate will be after all those Wall Titans kill everybody outside of Paradis Island.

It's amusing that you think that Armin is being somehow influenced by Bert. Fyi, Armin always had feelings for Annie way long before he absorbed Bert's Collosal Titan powers.

But yet you don't think that Eren is apparently being influenced by all three of his titan's shifter memories. Especially the memories of Willy Taybar, the previous Warhammer Titan who basically wanted Marley to control the entire world. Yeah, right gimme a friggin break.

Ken, do you have an official source about how tall Eren's Titan actually is btw?

Anyways Ken, regardless of our differences about this series and Eren in particular - I gotta say you have good taste in games. XD

Yeah, I too love the God of War games as well, especially the first three games that came out on the PS2 and PS3. It's one of my fave game franchises ever.

I ain't played the latest PS4 God of War game yet but I will do so eventually sooner or later.

#2105 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:32 PM

When Eren first triggered the Coordinate, he didn't get to control Reiner and Berthold. 

I think you can't control the shifters. Thats the whole point. And thats how Eldia could lose 7 of the titans I think. Thats also why Marley picks little children as shifter candidates. They can be brainwashed easily.

#2106 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:21 AM

Ken, do you have an official source about how tall Eren's Titan actually is btw?

nothing official, all is guesstimates, so Cronos is 487 meter from the wikipedia, Eren's height (from the bottom to the tip of the visible part of the spine) is twelve times that of the furthest wall titan (I assumed the furthest wall titan to be right beside Eren), assuming that a wall titan is 40-60 meters in height that means if Eren stands completely upright instead of his current curved stance then he is anywhere between 480-720 meters, ofcourse this measurement is completely dependent on wether the furthest wall titan that I used for reference is right beside Eren, because if that wall titan is further than Eren then that would make Eren smaller than my calculation, I used the first page in which Eren's titan appears in the previous chapter for measurements, if I used the second one where Mikasa says it's way too big, then I get a much smaller measurment of between 280-420 meters for Eren.

I ain't played the latest PS4 God of War game yet but I will do so eventually sooner or later.

unfortunatly I too haven't played it because I have no PS4, & ofcourse my parents won't allow me buy one till I finish college (after 2 years or less from now), obviously once I graduate & become a dentist I will be independent & will buy whatever the f*** I want.

KfDNJUs.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users