Photo

Attack on Titan: Chapter Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Attack on Titan

• Please log in to reply
2181 replies to this topic

#2161 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:12 AM

I don't think that this conditioning was ever mentioned before by Zeke to my knowledge.

Maybe both Armin and Mikasa where in too much shock after Eren's betrayal to really question what he just said.

Which is kinda disappointing especially from Armin, who is supposed to be one of the more smarter characters in this manga.

Anyways go check out page 90 of this very own same thread here:

https://onemangaforu...90#entry1196288

More specifically posts 1795 and 1800 from that very same page where I posted tonnes of very in depth reasons on why Eren's speech from chapter 112 was loada crap.

Imo, his speech from that particular chapter has way too many bs, inconsistencies and contradictions for it to make any sense at all whatsoever imo and that's exactly why I think Eren is lying.

(I'll just bold the parts you wrote in the other posts-)

According to Eren, Armin's under the control of the enemy, because Bertholdt is inspiring him to visit Annie, and turned him into a loser who wants peace.

You're not the only one who had a WTF?? moment. . .cause didn't Armin grow up in a pacifistic household and their whole thing is 'peace'? Of course Armin will try the peaceful route first.Why would Eren act like he did? Also Eren(present at the time or future Eren) was the one gave Armin the FRICKIN' COLOSSUS TITAN! To me that one is a DAMN NUKE! Why give the 'Hippy' the nuke knowing full well he'll never probably use it? The only reason I can think of is that present Eren knows that Armin won't use it against him unlike other people who're pretty pissed off at him(Eren) at the moment.

Yet Eren, who has not just one titan, but three existing in his head, are not influencing him at all wtf??

Should make us wonder who the real enemies are. One theory - Ymir's children are influencing events and people like Zeke and Eren. . .an considering what they were forced to do their own mother. . . who wouldn't be pissed off enough to crush the planet.

Eren is supposedly making the super individualist choice, despite having more shifters in his memories, including those who had complete control of the Founding Titan's powers. Gimme a break.

Gimme a break to. . .and I don't mean Kit-Kat either. Eren isn't acting like an individualist. He's treating his enemy as a 'whole' that needs to be wiped out. That's the complete opposite of individualistic thinking.

Every Ackerman was killed by the start of the series but three. During that entire government genocide, not one Ackerman outside of Kenny awakened their power.

And yet Eren and Zeke still attempted genocide. Genocides don't seem to work out to be 100% fatalities.

We know that the entire Ackerman family was persecuted by the government, and it's not enough for them to awaken their super human powers. Not one Ackerman besides Kenny was able to awaken their powers. No one else, really??

Also we that Kenny was the one that trained Levi. We've seen it, that it was from Kenny's help - that Levi was able to awaken his powers. Yet Levi definitely wasn't his slave whether it be overtly or subconsciously. Levi worked against Kenny's desires and actually fought the guy

Now this doesn't make sense to me. If the Ackermans had the ability of a 'Super Solider' and can't be Mind Wiped how come they never took out the government they had to know was rotten to the core? It's like manga is trying push a variation of the Three Laws of Robots without defining what those Laws are or are creating unwitting contradictions or worse plot hole with the nuances.

From a later post of mine concerning Eren-

Old Post- So thinking about it some more, it was Eren who had been holding Mikasa and Armin back. I always thought it was implied that Armin was the 'weak link' of the group.

Now - Mikasa has the potential of being a Super Soldier. Armin's ability to lead plus Colossus. Is it possible that 'Future' Eren knowing of their potential was afraid of them and reached back in time and influenced 'Past' Eren to find little ways to hold them back?

Edited by Graeystone, 13 February 2020 - 06:15 AM.

• ndriana likes this

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#2162 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 03:41 AM

Chapter 126

My my, the pace of this month was faster than I thought. At this rate, it might be possible to finish this series by year's end without rushing after all

Wow, I actually called Armin offering himself for Connie's sake, which thankfully brought him to his senses

Why do I get the feeling that Mikasa hates seeing her past self in Louise, what with the obsession angle, and would like her to turn away from that path?

I really didn't expect them to meet up with Annie this soon, and in this way

Onyankopan this chapter vocalised everything I felt last month about their plight, thank you Isayama-sensei

Huh, I would've thought Mikasa and Jean would be stuck at Shiganshina for 1 more (serial) month before taking action. I'm going to guess that that shadow is Shadis.

Titan Professor Hanji, never change. Looks like we are going to have that meeting of tacticians I wanted after all, albeit with more participants

Someone on Baidu pointed out the irony of the last scene: once again, the Colossal, Armoured, Female and Jaw Titans are in the same room, and wanting to do something about the Founder

I still have no idea what they can do though. Even if they defeat Eren, the entire world is still going to want to exterminate the Subjects of Ymir from the world.

So in the absence of knowing how they're going forward, I'm simply looking forward to seeing just Armin, Hanji and Pieck, the 3 still-living great tacticians meet up

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#2163 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:44 AM

Why do I get the feeling that Mikasa hates seeing her past self in Louise, what with the obsession angle, and would like her to turn away from that path?

Because all the crap that gets dumped on her is what keeps from reaching her true potential. What need to happen is for Levi and Mikasa to have a very long talk and for Levi to help Mikasa to realize what it means to be and Ackerman, what their purpose was/is, and finally to for her to awaken and become a true Ackerman Badass!

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#2164 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 01:36 PM

Chapter 127 Spoilers:

https://mangahelpers...maries.3015860/

#2165 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 08:43 PM

Chapter 127 is out:

https://www.mangatai...ttack-titan-127

#2166 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:07 AM

that was some intense talking

this chapter just pushed the EOS into 2021 as I don't see it ending before

#2167 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:28 AM

Its nice that we got the talk between the factions and how hatred between them can't disapear that easilly. Props to Hange keeping things together.

My boy Floch making gains and been a legit boss fight XD

Edited by Kaidou, 05 March 2020 - 10:15 AM.

• Chillman likes this

#2168 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 12:03 PM

quite a weak arguement from Hange's side, when Jean asked her several times how they will protect Paradis from the world if Eren is defeated she just kept on repeating "killing is wrong" like a broken record, she clearly has no answer.

in any case it's impossible to defeat Eren, power level wise he is now like the Juha Bach of Attack on Titan.

KfDNJUs.png

#2169 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 04:06 PM

that was some intense talking
this chapter just pushed the EOS into 2021 as I don't see it ending before

Why? Don't you think that Isayama cannot end the series by December max, or to be more precise in 9 or less chapters time?

I think he can, since obviously that asshole Flock is deservedly gonna get his ass kicked within the next chapter or two. I personally despise scumbags like him for trying to shoot his own allies like when he killed that guy in chapter in chapter 125 and how he was gonna kill Onyankopon too last chapter.

Not to mention his underhanded tactics of trying to take that Azumabito leader as a hostage in this chapter and I guess he maybe trying her as bait or leverage against Armin's group, when his group eventually arrive at the harbour. I personally hope Floch dies painfully and horribly tbh, he deserves that type of death.

Anyways after Floch is dealt with, there is that not much story left to tell. besides the final confrontation with Eren and maybe sort of epilogue imo.

As for this chapter, I thought it was a brilliant chapter overall - I personally loved it.

Especially when Jean kicked Reiner's ass - that was great. Reiner had it a long time coming imo.

Hanji pretty much summed up my own thoughts on Eren's actions in these pages:

http://www.mangaread...no-kyojin/127/5
http://www.mangaread...no-kyojin/127/7

I will keep on saying this, there is never ever a good reason for mass genocide imo. If Eren goes through with this, he fully deserves to be labelled as evil and villainous. His actions will make him just as bad as Marley - the enemy whom he seeks to destroy.

I glad that everyone finally aired off their differences despite Yelena's attempts to stir up trouble within the group.

Interestingly enough Mikasa didn't answer Annie's question of whether or she will be able to kill Eren or not, depending if negotiations with Eren will fail with him on these pages:

http://www.mangaread...o-kyojin/127/16
http://www.mangaread...o-kyojin/127/17

Great chapter overall.

#2170 SubzeroDegrees

SubzeroDegrees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 05:55 PM

There's no way Mikasa would kill Eren though I could see her attempting to fight him. I also see her defending Eren should Annie, Levi, or anyone other than Armin try to kill Eren.

This is the first chapter this manga that I actually cried on, though I started reading the manga only after they first got to see the ocean. Seeing Gabi jump to protect Reiner made my eyes wet, seeing he on her knees pleading for their assistance made the tears fall. Gabi was seriously a little shit when she came onto the scene but she has truly come a long way and I hope they protect her.

I started clapping to myself when Jean called them out for tearing the wall down in the first place which led to Eren's mom getting devoured in front of his eyes. This really is a case of what came first: The chicken or the egg?

#2171 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 06:46 PM

Nice chapter, it was smart of them to have a talk like this before marching together into battle.

I expected nothing else from Jean when he punched Reiner. Their depiction of Marco's death was really tough, and I'm surprised Jean was actually the only one to snap.

Yelena's recap of the adventures were also a nice little resume of AoT until now.

But my main question is really how are they going to stop Eren. What I really want to know is, Eren and his army started walking towards Marley "yesterday" right? And I'm assuming since they're titans that they won't stop to sleep.

Our main group meanwhile had to deal with Connie trying to kill Falco, assembling the team, and then this night sleep, and then the upcoming battle against Floch.

Shouldn't Eren be way ahead of them by now?

#2172 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 08:46 PM

Nice chapter, it was smart of them to have a talk like this before marching together into battle.

I expected nothing else from Jean when he punched Reiner. Their depiction of Marco's death was really tough, and I'm surprised Jean was actually the only one to snap.

Yelena's recap of the adventures were also a nice little resume of AoT until now.

But my main question is really how are they going to stop Eren. What I really want to know is, Eren and his army started walking towards Marley "yesterday" right? And I'm assuming since they're titans that they won't stop to sleep.

Our main group meanwhile had to deal with Connie trying to kill Falco, assembling the team, and then this night sleep, and then the upcoming battle against Floch.

Jean punching Reiner. That's wasn't a 'punch' that was a 'no holds beat down'.

What Mikasa does. I hope she doesn't do anything stupid like let herself be killed on purpose because of her personal feelings.

In a chapter two I think we might see Armin use Colossus. . .or maybe that'll happen with the final confrontation with Eren.

The series began with Armin, Eren, and Mikasa and I get the feeling this conflict will end with them.

z8EE0.png

#2173 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 03:07 PM

What I really want to know is, Eren and his army started walking towards Marley "yesterday" right? And I'm assuming since they're titans that they won't stop to sleep.

The average walking speed of a human is 0.8 his height per second,obviously a person may walk faster or slower but that is the average, so the walking speed of a 50 meter class titan is 40 meters per second or 144 km/h , even if we assume the titans are clumsy as f*** & walk at half that speed that is still 70 km/h which is quite a lot, the AoT world map is based on the real world's map & Paradis island is in the place of Madagascar, the distance between the center of Madagascar & mainland Africa is 700 km at the nearest point so the titan Army should reach Marley in no more than 10 hours.

KfDNJUs.png

#2174 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 04:50 PM

Quick question - Can the Cart Titan turn back into Human form?

z8EE0.png

#2175 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 06:16 PM

Sure, she can switch just like any other, I just think that she can maintain the titan form much longer than others

• Chillman likes this

#2176 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 07:03 PM

She switched in this chapter.

#2177 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 05:13 AM

Thanks for the answer.

Came across this map-

https://i.redd.it/zwruj4mh2cc11.png

z8EE0.png

#2178 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 04:54 PM

Thanks for the answer.

Came across this map-

https://i.redd.it/zwruj4mh2cc11.png

woooow I may have completely missed/forgotten it. Their world is ours upside down?

#2179 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 06:39 PM

woooow I may have completely missed/forgotten it. Their world is ours upside down?

Yep. Which begs the question is AoT supposed to be 'our' yet to happen future or 'our' long forgotten past? I don't know if 'upside down' is supposed to be intentional or if they are looking at their maps wrong.

Reminds me of the Naruto World Map and the Pangea Theory vibe I get from it.

Edited by Graeystone, 07 March 2020 - 11:32 PM.

z8EE0.png

#2180 ndriana

ndriana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:07 AM

After all these years, I can't believe that Annie did not switch side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users