Photo

Attack on Titan: Chapter Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Attack on Titan

• Please log in to reply
1189 replies to this topic

#1181 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:03 AM

And btw, the Eldians and the Marleyans, which are the good or bad guys?

I thought the Marleyans were the bad guys. And Marley Eldians were just confused.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#1182 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:15 AM

Ok so I'm confused. Who is attacking who?

Because the orientation of the scenario (land in the "back"/south and sea in the "front"/north) led me to believe that these were the good guys (Eren's ancestors) pushing the bad guys out into the ocean.

And btw, the Eldians and the Marleyans, which are the good or bad guys?

I think one of the main points that the author is trying to make it that no one is the "bad" or the "good" one. The hatred between the nations is hundreds of years old and no one even knows where it really stemmed from. It's just an out of control hate-spiral.

• Raiden, diezdragon, /2aw and 1 other like this

#1183 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

I think one of the main points that the author is trying to make it that no one is the "bad" or the "good" one. The hatred between the nations is hundreds of years old and no one even knows where it really stemmed from. It's just an out of control hate-spiral.

Ok, putting the question in other terms:

What people is Eren from? Eldians or Marleys?

#1184 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

Ok, putting the question in other terms:
What people is Eren from? Eldians or Marleys?

Atm, there are 2 sides, the Island that we know and Marley empire
Technically with this chapter there are 3, a rebellion group within the Marley Empire

Island we know and include Eren is all Eldians

Eldians are the ones who can become titians

The Marley Empire consistent of Marley and Eldian, with Marley as upperclassmen, and Eldians lowerclass who are brainwashed to think they are evil and must redeem themselves
  • DarkNemesis, Gobi Todic and masterbio like this

#1185 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:40 PM

Finally gotten around to reading this chapter at last, the sudden timeskip was kinda really jarring since it wasn't really foreshadowed at all last chapter.

I see that Eren and co now have Annie's female titan powers. I am just wondering how the hell they broke through the crystal shell that she encased herself in. I hope we get an explanation for that soon.

So with this timeskip, does this mean that they may have off paneled Zeke's death?

It sure as hell looks like it imo, also considering seeing that he is much older than all the other shifters - he could have died due to the time limit thing and passed his powers onto someone else.

Anyone notice Reiner's new beard btw?

Hope we get some sort of explanation and flashback about why the people on Paradis Island suddenly decided to suddenly building a fleet and attack the mainland for.

Not really impressed by the new characters this chapter tbh, most of kinda seemed lame especially that annoying new girl tbh.

Though it looks like we finally seen the last unrevealed shifter, that Marley titan was shown on the last page. I wonder what it's powers could be.

Ok chapter overall, though I am not happy with this sudden timeskip, it seems like the author is rushing things for some reason. Given the way it looks like a lot of stuff got off paneled with little or no explanation.

#1186 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:30 PM

I see that Eren and co now have Annie's female titan powers. I am just wondering how the hell they broke through the crystal shell that she encased herself in. I hope we get an explanation for that soon.

Not confirmed. Rather all it said was Marley lost Annie. Considering how she can't do anything and Enemy knows her tricks, itsame thing, Marley can't use Annie anymore.

#1187 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

The country fighting against Marley is a third faction.

#1188 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:08 PM

The country fighting against Marley is a third faction.

Where are you getting this idea, that there is a third party involved from?

It seems pretty obvious from the chapter, that the Elodian people from Paradis Island are the ones involved that are currently fighting Marley.

#1189 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:03 AM

Where are you getting this idea, that there is a third party involved from?

It seems pretty obvious from the chapter, that the Elodian people from Paradis Island are the ones involved that are currently fighting Marley.

http://mangastream.c...tan/091/4082/24
1) chapter title is called other side of the ocean, thus not Paradis fraction at all
2) they specificly said not engaging Paradis

#1190 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:55 AM

@YyAoMmIi

@Krizalid is right, they are a third faction

http://mangastream.c...tan/091/4082/11

https://onemangaforu...59#entry1147598

Mangastream messed it up somewhat, but as stated before in the above post, this faction is a foreign force, the "Middle East Alliance" (refer to my dubiousness with its naming in the same post). The reason for the current war is also written in another post below that one

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users