Photo

Attack on Titan: Chapter Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Attack on Titan

• Please log in to reply
1381 replies to this topic

#1381 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:37 AM

While minor in the scheme of things, that scene was by no means pointless.

The information from the old man provided the perfect cover story for those 3, originating from a village in which almost everyone was killed, located at a place not marked on maps.

And with the old man dead, no one remained to refute their cover story, should anyone ever question them. 

Which makes many wonder: was the old man killed by those 3, so there'll be no witnesses left?

(In the aftermath of Annie's capture, Hanji did indeed go back to investigate her "identity", which traced back to Reiner and Bertholdt, on the basis of coming from the same reported village)

---

Furthermore, go back to Chapter 16. When Armin asked Reiner and Bertholdt about their backgrounds, Bertholdt's dialogue that follows was practically a recital of the old man's account. Reiner was even sweating at the way Bertholdt used that story.

(I'm amused that even back then, Armin was unwittingly the bane of the trio's existence)

Just read the chapter on mangastream and I made that same leap in logic since I don't get why he'd kill himself after "apparently" finding out that he isn't the last survivor of his village. It's certainly open ended enough that it can be interpreted either way.

• Blackody likes this

pfpgm7o.png

Spoiler For future reference

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.com/blog/28#comment-1216310802)

Spoiler The answer to life, the universe and everything

#1382 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:54 AM

Still don't give a damn about Reiner, but man, seeing that colossal titan again breaking the wall was intense. It reminded me when this manga used to make me feel scared and tense.

Also, when Reiner grabbed Annie and whispered that he was Marcel now... Wow, weird as hell lol

Also x2 Bert had a crush on Annie?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users