Photo

Attack on Titan: Chapter Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Attack on Titan

• Please log in to reply
1613 replies to this topic

#1501 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:32 PM

Oh boy, I missed the fear in people's eyes when they see a Titan attack! This terror/panic scenes were the thing that made me fall in love with AoT.

The chapter was cool. I don't really dig the warhammer Titan's design, but I guess that's just me...

Regarding Eren, so he was on a Solo-mission! Glad to see anyway that everyone had his back ;) I Would still have loved if Armin had just gone Colossal on those people, he probably could wreck that warhammer!

Also, Mikasa looks nice, but the hair............

#1502 ndriana

ndriana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:42 PM

Mikasa is Trinity from The Matrix

#1503 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,273 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

Everyone on Paradis Island is a titan right?

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#1504 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:59 PM

Everyone on Paradis Island is a titan right?

No?

#1505 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,273 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:05 PM

No?

Ok. I thought all the old Marleyan Eldians went to Paradis Island and the King erased their memories. I thought everyone there had the "Titan gene". It just hadn't been triggered yet. With that serum or whatever.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 09 January 2018 - 04:06 PM.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#1506 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

The warhammer titan's design put me a bit off, because it looks like she is wearing a white suit which reminded me of butterfly Aizen.

#1507 ndriana

ndriana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

Ok. I thought all the old Marleyan Eldians went to Paradis Island and the King erased their memories. I thought everyone there had the "Titan gene". It just hadn't been triggered yet. With that serum or whatever.

That's right but they are not titans per se. They all can become titans as they are all Eldian. Also, once they become titans, they cannot reversed back to humans, except those exceptions.
  • DarkNemesis and Chillman like this

#1508 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,273 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

That's right but they are not titans per se. They all can become titans as they are all Eldian. Also, once they become titans, they cannot reversed back to humans, except those exceptions.

So my next question is the following could the Survey Corps, being Eldian, take the Titans powers away from the Marleyan Eldians? Pretty much like how Armin did.

Could that be the plan? :shrug:

Spoiler

#1509 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:03 PM

So my next question is the following could the Survey Corps, being Eldian, take the Titans powers away from the Marleyan Eldians? Pretty much like how Armin did.

Ya need to reread that basement arc chapters. It explained titian already

#1510 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

Of course, were they to eat one of the special classes they would inherit said ability and revert to normal

• DarkNemesis likes this

#1511 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,273 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

Of course, were they to eat one of the special classes they would inherit said ability and revert to normal

Do you think that's the plan or is the Corps just there to kill folk and make sure Eren is ok?

Spoiler

#1512 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:17 PM

Do you think that's the plan or is the Corps just there to kill folk and make sure Eren is ok?

I think it's just a retrieval mission. At least that's what I got from Mikasa's words and Eren's reactions, but....

AND I'VE GOT IT! MIKASA LOOKS LIKE SHE'S IN GANTZ (remember the manga?)! The suits and hair style are super similar!!!

• Raiden likes this

#1513 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:33 PM

Finally read the chapter at last, and it was a really good one.

Not to thrilled about the Warhammer titans design, it feels like something ripped straight outta Bleach tbh.

Still no explanation given about Zeke's suspicious behaviour, I am wondering what's up with that.

It feels kinda odd seeing Mikasa with short hair.

Also anyone else notice Jean's new look here:

https://readms.net/r...tan/101/4812/40

Liking those sideburns of his. XD

#1514 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:27 AM

http://ww4.readsnk.c...in-chapter-102/

1Hh3Zj5.png

#1515 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:58 AM

beautiful headshot by Sasha, I would be really pissed if she doesn't survive this battle, crazy bitch Gabby seemed really pissed after what happened , did the Cart titan actually manage to kill some of the islanders?

some times it looked like the chapter tried to portray both sides as being equally bad or some shit like that..of course that is bull crap, Marley is an imperialist nation that is on a crusade to conquer other nations by using titans to destroy entire countries that have nothing to do with Eldians & they also want to exterminate Paradis along with all of it's civilians, the islanders are merely defending themselves, Eren did not intentioanly kill the civilians, it was the Marleyans who staged this speech (or play) in the middle of civilians even though they suspected an attack might happen, that Marley leader said it himself when he was discusing the plan with Tybur "if the Eldians are descendants of the devil then we are the devils themselves" , it was rather symbolic when Eren didn't transform until Tybur declared war.

Edited by kenkage, 07 February 2018 - 06:59 AM.

1Hh3Zj5.png

#1516 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:08 AM

Armin is still missing so he can still tip the scales here

• Frankenstein likes this

#1517 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:25 AM

Warhammer titan seems pretty broken if he can survive a hit to the nape of his neck.

Prior to reading this chapter, I didn't think he would have a hardening ability. I thought that the Armoured titan was the only one with such an ability like that.

No sign of Armin yet surprisingly, I would have thought he been more involved for a big raid like this.

Though I love Sasha's new post timeskip look, she looks smoking. XD

#1518 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:44 AM

Warhammer titan seems pretty broken if he can survive a hit to the nape of his neck.

That isn't her real body.

• Hoff likes this

#1519 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:15 PM

beautiful headshot by Sasha, I would be really pissed if she doesn't survive this battle, crazy bitch Gabby seemed really pissed after what happened , did the Cart titan actually manage to kill some of the islanders?

some times it looked like the chapter tried to portray both sides as being equally bad or some shit like that..of course that is bull crap, Marley is an imperialist nation that is on a crusade to conquer other nations by using titans to destroy entire countries that have nothing to do with Eldians & they also want to exterminate Paradis along with all of it's civilians, the islanders are merely defending themselves, Eren did not intentioanly kill the civilians, it was the Marleyans who staged this speech (or play) in the middle of civilians even though they suspected an attack might happen, that Marley leader said it himself when he was discusing the plan with Tybur "if the Eldians are descendants of the devil then we are the devils themselves" , it was rather symbolic when Eren didn't transform until Tybur declared war.

The author is portraying the reality of war. Both sides are evil and both sides are good. It is all relative to whose perspective it is. And even then within the same perspective there can be both good and evil on the same side. For instance the guy that was being chastised for burning too many things by someone on the same side. Eren didn't 'intentionally' kill civilians but he also knew they were there and went through with what he did knowing they would die. There is no tangible difference in the outcome. Even Mikasa was upset with what Eren did. That means they had another time planned for proceeding with the operation.

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#1520 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:22 PM

I guess Gabi is the next Eren? 

Mikasa, this is war girl, get with it. Doesn't she know everything now? They've been at war with humans this whole time, why is she still talking like that? I guess it's because they were civilians? But like I said, this is war! 

I'm excited to see what Armin ends up doing, he might've predicted all this so far. Levi knew to stay hidden until needed so maybe Armin is doing the same. He should be an even more important piece ow that he's also the Colossal titan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users