Photo

Attack on Titan: Chapter Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Attack on Titan

• Please log in to reply
1613 replies to this topic

#1601 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:31 AM

Gam, good to see you posting again. You predicted the warhammer titan getting eaten. Why did you think that?

@Serp Assuming the comment was directed at me, while I appreciate the praise, at which point did I predict Warhammer getting eaten?

My closest remark to that was that how impractical it will be for the Scouts to capture her alive, and that Marley possibly won't have her on their side for the invasion.
(Warhammer isn't first choice for deployment on the front lines anyway)

That being said, between "hard to catch alive" and "won't be available to help", I suppose "killed or devoured" is pretty much the only option left available. While the Baidu board did correctly speculate "how" this could be achieved, I didn't think too hard on them since the "feasibility" of it eluded me. (Will comment more on this later)

Edited by gamria, 09 April 2018 - 08:35 AM.

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#1602 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:43 AM

They just had this whole speech about how they’re terrified of Paradis because they think they’re trying to kill the world. Of course she thinks she could do that with no casualties on their side at least. She represents the young soldier in over her head. Most of these people don’t know any better.

We now have Eren and the others doing the same thing Reiner did all those years ago. Why aren’t they hypocrites?

Well.. First of all they are paying for the sins of their parents/ancestors. They didn't even know about the outside world until they got attacked. They retaliated and then found out about the kings resolve. Are they just meant to stay still and die.
No.
They made preparations and probably deployed an intel team just in case. It just happens that they attacked as soon as marley declared war. This is completely different from what Marley did.

#1603 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:19 AM

Add on a few more things why Marley sucks

1) Paradis Initial foe was just Titans, whom they thought of natural disaster. Realizing Marley was behind Titan kinda gives a good reason for the hate.

2) Before Paradis Attack, seemed like Eren was willing to let bygones be bygone, until the cheering from the declaration of war. 

Think about it this way:If Marley had not declare war, what reason would Paradis attack?

No big targets, so any attack they do would results in them being defeated (I say regardless how prepared Paradis is, if they attack on a regular day on an army base, they would fail. No fire power to do Titan rain, Eren may not have Coordinate mastered, CT meteor attack would lead to being shot (maybe here cause Marley is not used to dealing with 3D gears. shooting guns against hot air balloon is hard enough, but small faster target?)

#1604 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:09 PM

She's a soldier. She's brainwashed into thinking that the Paradis people are monsters, and want to destroy mankind. Eren just proved her right in an hour. Bertholt and the others only learned the truth after spending time with people, and still had to complete their mission.

regardless of how right u think you are. Your still killing people. And its common sense for them to wanna kill you too. So her acting so hurt and confused literally makes no sense. Like yall love to say on here, its war. U should expect all of this. And charge it to the game cause thats how it go

#1605 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:50 PM

Out on MS : https://readms.net/r...itan/104/5013/1

DUUUDES! I'm really enjoying this new AoT! The Zepplin idea was awesome, the improvisation that Eren got to smash the hammer titan crystal was spot on brutal!!!!

My only down-side is that Colossal didn't do much, I was expecting Armin to wreck more chaos. With him in the battle, I believe they could've gotten one more titan.

Now, regarding the future. I think Gabi is doing the expected in this situation tbh, but I'm afraid of who will she shoot down..... As for their escape, I think the Zepplin will survive, it's too new and cool not to make it past its first appearance.

#1606 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:37 AM

regardless of how right u think you are. Your still killing people. And its common sense for them to wanna kill you too. So her acting so hurt and confused literally makes no sense.

Man... It makes the most of senses... I feel like you're too used to reading manga's where badass characters dont react when a friend just dies... Ask any real person that went to an actual war (willing to kill people) and got their friends killed, and I think you wont find a single person who didnt get overflown by anger and pain. Like... I'm sorry but I just feel like you're not seeing how much of a shock that is.

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#1607 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:47 PM

Man... It makes the most of senses... I feel like you're too used to reading manga's where badass characters dont react when a friend just dies... Ask any real person that went to an actual war (willing to kill people) and got their friends killed, and I think you wont find a single person who didnt get overflown by anger and pain. Like... I'm sorry but I just feel like you're not seeing how much of a shock that is.

I think it's not that she shouldn't feel pain and anger that her friend got killed, but that she didn't expect the enemy to attack back. That was just way too naive of her.

#1608 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:48 PM

You are looking at things from a point of a generally all knowing observer. Marleyan Eldians know that there on Paradis Island are monsters that need to be eridicated in order to secure peace and stuff, while guys from Paradis Island learned only recently that they were trapped and terrorized on that island and the humanity wasn't over, actually the humanity wanted to sloughter them. So now they are fighting back and take their revenge, which is understandable, while for Gabi they are not victims, but murderers. And it's not her fault that she is brainwashed. Well then, even if she knew, then they still killed or threatened her close ones, expected or not. So is she supposed to sympathise with them?

• Hoff and Chillman like this

#1609 Serp

Serp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:38 PM

@Serp Assuming the comment was directed at me, while I appreciate the praise, at which point did I predict Warhammer getting eaten?

My closest remark to that was that how impractical it will be for the Scouts to capture her alive, and that Marley possibly won't have her on their side for the invasion.
(Warhammer isn't first choice for deployment on the front lines anyway)

That being said, between "hard to catch alive" and "won't be available to help", I suppose "killed or devoured" is pretty much the only option left available. While the Baidu board did correctly speculate "how" this could be achieved, I didn't think too hard on them since the "feasibility" of it eluded me. (Will comment more on this later)

Yeah, you caught me. I interpreted your comment about Marley not having the warhammer has meaning she was eaten. It just surprised me since I didn't really think she would be taken out at this point.

I remember you from the Sket Dance days. I miss that series.

#1610 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:01 AM

I think it's not that she shouldn't feel pain and anger that her friend got killed, but that she didn't expect the enemy to attack back. That was just way too naive of her.

What do you exactly mean with "she didnt expect it"? Nearly none of the civilians or even military people there expected the attack (only some knew/were suspicious about it)

Edited by Madara D Dragon, 16 April 2018 - 05:01 AM.

• Chillman likes this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#1611 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:03 AM

What do you exactly mean with "she didnt expect it"? Nearly none of the civilians or even military people there expected the attack (only some knew/were suspicious about it)

I think Gobi Todic means that she was expecting a one sided war where paradis is expected to accept death.

She speaks as if she never expected paradis island to fight back.
She is disgusting because the way she was written shows that if the tables were reverted and marley had done a sneak/surprise attack (again) and paradis were able to win she would have have reacted in the same way. "How can this monters do this and that. They are the worst. I hate them." ; That's how I see it.

Paradis are also seen as monsters because when reiner bertohlt and annie killed millions, paradis drove them away and killed bertohlt.

Edited by Abaroxa, 16 April 2018 - 09:06 AM.

#1612 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:07 PM

Out on MS : https://readms.net/r...itan/104/5013/1

DUUUDES! I'm really enjoying this new AoT! The Zepplin idea was awesome, the improvisation that Eren got to smash the hammer titan crystal was spot on brutal!!!!

My only down-side is that Colossal didn't do much, I was expecting Armin to wreck more chaos. With him in the battle, I believe they could've gotten one more titan.

Berty was a very sturdy, physically strong boy. He was specially elected and trained for Colossal Titan; best matchup possible.

Armin just happened to inherit the Colossal on a whim, noone was expecting it to happen. He is nowhere as strong as Bert as well; probably he has far worse uptime & ability in using Colossal compared to Bert.

#1613 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:29 PM

Add on to above with Armin and Colossal:

What exactly have we seen with Bert & Colossal?

1) Transform to break down the wall

2) Partial Transformation to gain a giant shell

3) Partial Transformation to gain shell to use as a bomb

Colossal is best vs machine attacks, but vs other Titian....

#1614 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:36 PM

Add on to above with Armin and Colossal:

What exactly have we seen with Bert & Colossal?

1) Transform to break down the wall

2) Partial Transformation to gain a giant shell

3) Partial Transformation to gain shell to use as a bomb

Colossal is best vs machine attacks, but vs other Titian....

I mean he kicked Eren as the attacker titan and it didn't go well for eren IIRC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users