Photo

Attack on Titan: Chapter Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Attack on Titan

• Please log in to reply
1794 replies to this topic

#1741 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:26 AM

Gabi will prevent such escalation.

#1742 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:47 AM

So are we getting Levi vs eren?

Grab the "Marvel Civil War" meme and replace the faces with theirs.

#1743 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:10 AM

Zeke is a traitor, he betrayed his family & then he betraid Marley it would be absolute stupidity for Paradis to trust some one who keeps on betraying people, for all we know he might still be working with Marley, therefore the best course of action for Eren is to immediadtly use the power of the founding titan on Zeke himself the moment it's activated, we have already seen that the coordinate can brainwash someone with royal blood, so when Eren touches the Beast titan he should immediatley brainwash Zeke of all his memories since his birth and make him become his loyal dog.

but honestly I dont think Paradis needs the founding titan, if they defeat all enemy titans then Armin alone can crush Marley even if it takes him several trasformations and thus several months to do it.

Edited by kenkage, 05 October 2018 - 09:11 AM.

• Blackody likes this

1Hh3Zj5.png

#1744 nikola.23

nikola.23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:31 AM

Attack on confusion

• Graeystone likes this

#1745 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:59 AM

I like them questioning everything since they don't know Zeke and his girl follower true intentions. There are too many points that don't add up.
Zacaris dying was weird but so was him.

I really don't know where eren is going or what he plans to do. All o think is that the writers might be shooting themselves with this recent plot progressions.

#1746 Blackody

Blackody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:23 AM

Zeke is a traitor, he betrayed his family & then he betraid Marley it would be absolute stupidity for Paradis to trust some one who keeps on betraying people, for all we know he might still be working with Marley, therefore the best course of action for Eren is to immediadtly use the power of the founding titan on Zeke himself the moment it's activated, we have already seen that the coordinate can brainwash someone with royal blood, so when Eren touches the Beast titan he should immediatley brainwash Zeke of all his memories since his birth and make him become his loyal dog.

but honestly I dont think Paradis needs the founding titan, if they defeat all enemy titans then Armin alone can crush Marley even if it takes him several trasformations and thus several months to do it.

I agree, Zeke is definitely too far gone, there's no way he can be trusted.
The operation on Marley was an elaborate plan to get Eren on his side and simultaneously turn the whole world against Eldia.
Eren did get the hammer Titan but Eren doesn't equal Eldia. We still don't know anything about the memories of the founding titan,
however l can't help but think that Eren is deliberately playing Zeke's game. And you said he probably plans to make Zeke his subject.
I disagree though on Armin being enough to deal with Marley. After all they're against the world and the technology is catching up to the power of Titans.
And there's also 3 Titans on Marley's side. Annie certainly can't be trusted.

Anyway, the appearance of the bagon(?) titan of Marley confirms for me that Zeke is really a double agent. 
I really miss Erwin's character, he was a person who had the ability to figure things out and his loss was indeed great. (Usually though we weren't initiallly aware he had a plan)
There may have been a different chain of events had him being chosen to be kept alive. Hanji and Armin didn't manage to reach his strategic thinking sadly. 
To her defence though, Hanji seems to have realised what's really going on but she's definitely late to reach to a conclusion.

Armin too will probably play an important role in the battles to come. They certainly failed to prevent all this mess with Zacharis's death and the gradual loss of support to the military.

In my opinion Eren VS Levi is not happening because it would be a curbstomp (as much as i respect Levi, he is a beast but come on).
He has the abilities of 3 Titans at the moment and he seems like a pretty unstoppable force.
I don't see anyone defeating him without help from Titans. Eren couldn't defeat alone the Hammer Titan even though he had the element of surprise and multiple allies.

Spoiler Poor Hiruzen

#1747 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:19 PM

Just read the chapter, I am wondering why Eren is so disillusioned and distrustful of the military for. Going so far as to openly rebel against them and even siding with terrorists.

Yeah, I am calling those guys terrorists - since they blew up Zackly with explosives in that chair apparently.

Not sure why people are willing to trust Zeke for. Like its already been mentioned, the guy is shady as hell.

Good to see Hitch in the series again, her comments about Armin touching Annie's crystallized form and his reaction to them was funny. XD

Finally how the hell did Pieck get onto Paradis Island? I am guessing that her purpose their is to be an undercover scout or spy for Market's forthcoming invasion force.

#1748 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:11 PM

I can't decide if Eren has some Snape-level secret plan or if he is turning more and more into Sasuke, while Misaka/Sakura can't help still believing in him and won't kill him when if it has to come down to it.

• Raiden likes this

#1749 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:41 PM

To be """"""fair""""", the military was planning on having Eren eaten. It's not an excuse to having the higher up killed, but it does give Eren a solid motive to do so.

Who is on who's side is really hard to say right now. I really want Eren to be more than just a pawn for the military, but I don't want him to turn into Sasuke this late in the manga.

Regarding Zeke, I don't know, I still remember his first appearance and the way he was so determined to kill the exploration party that found him in ape-mode when he was alone. But we haven't seen enough of the character to know how many double crossings is he planning.

But it did cross my mind that Zeke planned all this to reach the top brass of the eldyian army for example

#1750 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:04 AM

Do we fully know why things turned out this way?

AFAIK first came the Marleyans & Zeke supporters. They spoke to Eren secretly and forged the Marley Operation plan. On this plan Eren acted on his own, so Island Military had to follow him to Marley. Even though things turned okay, this caused Military & Survey Corps to doubt/jail Eren and they started planning against him. In response, events of this chapter happened.

But why did Eren stray away from the military in the first place? I will have to reread to understand this I think. There is no reason they couldnt find common sense between pro-Zeke marleyans and Islanders.

I also dont know why Hanji & Scouting Legion aren't huge big deals in the military and are treated like ordinary officers. They got you almost half of your fields back AND REVEALED THE TRUTHS ABOUT THE ENTIRE WORLD.

#1751 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:40 PM

Do we fully know why things turned out this way?

AFAIK first came the Marleyans & Zeke supporters. They spoke to Eren secretly and forged the Marley Operation plan. On this plan Eren acted on his own, so Island Military had to follow him to Marley. Even though things turned okay, this caused Military & Survey Corps to doubt/jail Eren and they started planning against him. In response, events of this chapter happened.

But why did Eren stray away from the military in the first place? I will have to reread to understand this I think. There is no reason they couldnt find common sense between pro-Zeke marleyans and Islanders.

I also dont know why Hanji & Scouting Legion aren't huge big deals in the military and are treated like ordinary officers. They got you almost half of your fields back AND REVEALED THE TRUTHS ABOUT THE ENTIRE WORLD.

The part about Eren I think is because he felt that the island military weren't moving fast enough, OR, or, Zeke and that girl planned his brainwashing so he would destroy Marleyn military bosses and this somehow is involved with Zeke's own motivations and agenda.

The second point, yeah, I get it. My main disappointment is Armin. After a TS I was expecting him to be a leader, like Erwin (I mean, wasn't Armin basically supposed to substitute Erwin as the strategist???), but now he's a regular fodder...

#1752 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,975 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:49 PM

Looks like the Warner Bros live action AoT movie has gotten a director. Andy Muschietti who directed IT.

https://variety.com/...itan-1203007109

#1753 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:04 AM

Eren=Sasuke. Let's see if Eren shows some of the signs-

Is Eren's black hair natural or is it a dye job?

Has Eren shown Wangst(angst) type behavior for selfish reasons and not because of something like Shell Shock caused by too much fighting the war against the Titans?

Has Eren ever shown to have revenge motives?

Does Eren listen to the advice of the people who want to manipulate him or those who want to help him?

Has Eren ever seriously injured/nearly killed one of his closest friends on purpose for selfish reasons?

Has Eren ever been shown with a psychotic expression. . .forget that question cause about 90% of the has had that expression at one point or another. . .

Shin - Because Darth Vader won't be enough-

"Mangakas don't let your mangas grow up to be shitty Hollywood movies."

Edited by Graeystone, 30 October 2018 - 10:14 AM.

Posted Image

#1754 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:47 AM

Chapter 111 Spoilers:

https://ww5.readsnk....aw-chapter-111/

#1755 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:14 PM

Chapter 111 is out:

https://www.mangatai...ttack-titan-111

#1756 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:44 PM

Dammit so CLOOOOSEEE . Curse you Mikasa for stoping from the best thing to happen.

Edited by Kaidou, 07 November 2018 - 09:45 PM.

• D.Hyuga, PunkHazard, Frankenstein and 1 other like this

#1757 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 04:09 AM

What the hell was Zeke's spinal fluid doing in that wine bottle? I am wondering how Nicolo got his hands on that and who he was planning on giving it to.

It sure as hell seems a weird ass drink to serve his customers with. LOL

Also is Falco dead? I am not sure, but I think he maybe given how he was bleeding heavily from his head after Nicolo smashed him.

Damn Mikasa, she should have let Kaya kill Gabi off.

Shit is gonna go down real soon imo. I figured it was strange that Zeke was a good guy all of a sudden.

I think he is plotting a disaster in Paradis Island and is probably plotting to destroy Eldia from the inside out, then maybe use the Rumbling to destroy Marley too cuz I think Zeke hates both nations. Hopefully Eren sees through his plans and snuffs him out.

#1758 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:51 AM

Nicolo seems to have played a role in spreading the spinal fluid, and obviously his feelings for Sasha were real & genuin, he also displayed great concern for Jean when he was about to drink that wine.
it's quite hard to try to predict what is Zeke's/Nicolo's/Eren's plan so for now I will refrain from any theorizing.
  • Kaidou and Chillman like this

1Hh3Zj5.png

#1759 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:56 PM

Maybe the one who unite all titans will gain power of that goddess that created titans.

#1760 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:03 PM

Its obvious Zeke was planning his own "rumbling" to create havoc in walls.

Ok, once we get over this gabi shit I hope the real plot can begin. I hope we get something like GoT s1-s4; full of betrayals, turnarounds and battles. Isamaya can deliver. :pray:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users