Photo

Attack on Titan: Chapter Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Attack on Titan

• Please log in to reply
1772 replies to this topic

#1761 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:46 PM

Dammit so CLOOOOSEEE . Curse you Mikasa for stoping from the best thing to happen.

I guess there was some movement in the story but this is really all I got from this chapter. Damn it Mikasa...

• PunkHazard likes this

#1762 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,189 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:46 PM

I am so fucking tired of Gabi getting a free pass -_-
  • PunkHazard and Abaroxa like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#1763 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:06 PM

Oh wait Zeke can turn people he gives his spinal fluid to into titans with a yell right? So who was he planning on giving that bottle to?

Fuck Gabi
  • Abaroxa likes this

#1764 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:54 AM

Curse my turbulent work life, sapping away my energy for writing long posts. Still intending to write them again in the future

I don't know if it's due to the quality of the translations you guys are reading, but there are way more interesting stuff to write about in Chapter 111, in terms of plot and themes

For example

Oh wait Zeke can turn people he gives his spinal fluid to into titans with a yell right? So who was he planning on giving that bottle to?

As mentioned in this chapter, and as shown in Chapter 108, the spiked wine's intended recipients are the higher echelons of the Island's government officials.

And due to Zeke's royal blood, his spinal fluid can turn Eldians into Titans at his beckoning, rather than instantaneously

We don't know how the spiking or the procurement of his fluids were carried out, but whatever the case, this is another of his failsafes that Hanji speculated on at the start of the chapter: Zeke has effectively planted time bombs into whoever had drank from that bottle. He is now holding an unknown quantity of officials hostage to do his calling, once he gets the chance.

---

One other thing to comment on for now: poor Falco, you did not deserve this.

Not only has he been by far the nicest of the Marleyan cast thus far, but you could see in this chapter that he was smart enough to pick up on the hint on just who exactly the female soldier that Gabi killed on the airship was, and couldn't stop Gabi in time.

I had a feeling he'll suffer majorly from protecting Gabi at some point, but still why!?

Well, if he's kept away from the vicinity of Zeke's vocal cords, he might be fine? Intelligence in tact?

• Blackody and PunkHazard like this

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#1765 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:48 AM

Amendment to my previous post: while government officials are the intended targets, the possibility still holds that Nicolo had not actually fed the spiked wine to anyone.

Still, since he knows that it was spiked, the question then becomes who and how it was delivered to him, and whether active participation was mandatory.

And this is enough to vindicate the decision to isolate Zeke and keep him from meeting Eren just yet.

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#1766 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:55 AM

Fuck Gabi

Those bottles were or high officials.
He can transform them. Can he control them without transforming them into titans?

Fuck Gabi. She has more plot armour than the main cast.
  • PunkHazard likes this

#1767 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:18 PM

Amendment to my previous post: while government officials are the intended targets, the possibility still holds that Nicolo had not actually fed the spiked wine to anyone.

Still, since he knows that it was spiked, the question then becomes who and how it was delivered to him, and whether active participation was mandatory.

And this is enough to vindicate the decision to isolate Zeke and keep him from meeting Eren just yet.

oh yea. And it explains why he was so mean to jean and connie. He didn’t want them to drink it and become a titan sometime later.

Fuck Gabi

Edited by PunkHazard, 13 November 2018 - 02:06 PM.

#1768 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:40 PM

Fuck Gabi.

I think the chapter itself was ok. It developed way more than the rest!

Man, I really felt Nicolo's pain there, so well done. And Sasha's sister was also awesome. But, even though we all hate Gabi, we knew something like this, with her ideals being talked, that she would finally turn. Sasha's father gave the classical Naruto speech about breaking the cycle of hatred (seriously, this has been made in so many mangas that it must be hard to write a new one without plagiarising anyone), and seeing Marco defending her from and attack by her own people should be enough to make Gabi less shitty.

But don't get me wrong, I still hate her, and I still find it incredibly stupid to kill Sasha only to have this kind of plot.

Regarding Eren, man, please, don't be a lunatic. Please have some more development and personality outside "you are wrong, I'm right, I hate you, die". Please.

Also, when is Armin finally stepping in to fill the Commander's shoes? Dude was the smartest before TS and now he hasn't done a thing

• Blackody likes this

#1769 Blackody

Blackody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:33 AM

Ha! As expected Zeke has an agenda and will try to manipulate Eren. Well done Hange for being calm minded, Erwin would be proud.

I really liked her response about taking full responsibility after the crisis is over.  

Pixis also demonstrated great behaviour, definitely commander material. There's no point to start a fight in two fronts with the current state of affairs.
If the army turned against Eren publicly they would lose most of their support form the folk.
It's not like Eren took half the army with him or tried to kill everyone. He made a statement though.
If only Armin could offer something more. He'll probably play a huge role at some point.

Kudos also to Mikasa for figuring out that she's simply a pawn for the Azumabito family. 

It'd be great if Niccolo's motivations are explained next chapter. He revealed something huge. He was ready to kill a kid though.

No matter what Gabi has done, she's a brainwashed kid, adults should know better. Falco on the other hand really proved to be very wise for his age. 

Shasha's parents are very (too) nice people. They realise that Shasha's death was an eventuality and it's not a surprise it happened. 

I also can't wait to see Levi and Zeke's situation right now. Will Levi be forced to fight Zeke and another 30 eldian soldiers?
As the top officials said, it's very possible that there are many undercover soldiers form the survey corps apart form the 100 who left with Eren.
If the party that is with Levi and Zeke are survey corps members, the chance we'll have a fight is very high.

Finally, Eren must know Zeke's intentions, there's no way he's being played unintentionally. He really seems ready to sacrifice Levi though.

Spoiler Poor Hiruzen

#1770 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:05 PM

Ha! As expected Zeke has an agenda and will try to manipulate Eren. Well done Hange for being calm minded, Erwin would be proud.
I really liked her response about taking full responsibility after the crisis is over.
Pixis also demonstrated great behaviour, definitely commander material. There's no point to start a fight in two fronts with the current state of affairs.
If the army turned against Eren publicly they would lose most of their support form the folk.
It's not like Eren took half the army with him or tried to kill everyone. He made a statement though.
If only Armin could offer something more. He'll probably play a huge role at some point.
Kudos also to Mikasa for figuring out that she's simply a pawn for the Azumabito family.

It'd be great if Niccolo's motivations are explained next chapter. He revealed something huge. He was ready to kill a kid though.
No matter what Gabi has done, she's a brainwashed kid, adults should know better. Falco on the other hand really proved to be very wise for his age.
Shasha's parents are very (too) nice people. They realise that Shasha's death was an eventuality and it's not a surprise it happened.
I also can't wait to see Levi and Zeke's situation right now. Will Levi be forced to fight Zeke and another 30 eldian soldiers?
As the top officials said, it's very possible that there are many undercover soldiers form the survey corps apart form the 100 who left with Eren.
If the party that is with Levi and Zeke are survey corps members, the chance we'll have a fight is very high.

Finally, Eren must know Zeke's intentions, there's no way he's being played unintentionally. He really seems ready to sacrifice Levi though.

you didnt say “Fuck Gabi” anywhere in your post. Smh Im dissapointed
  • Abaroxa and masterbio like this

#1771 Blackody

Blackody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:44 PM

you didnt say “Fuck Gabi” anywhere in your post. Smh Im dissapointed

I gather all my F's for Zeke  ;) 
In reality though Fairy Tail is to blame for me not having enough F's to give. The Tobito theory coming true also helped in depleting my resources tbh. 
Jokes aside, you're all being way too harsh on Gabi (or l've just become really soft).

• JDG973 and PunkHazard like this
Spoiler Poor Hiruzen

#1772 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:28 PM

I gather all my F's for Zeke ;)
In reality though Fairy Tail is to blame for me not having enough F's to give. The Tobito theory coming true also helped in depleting my resources tbh.
Jokes aside, you're all being way too harsh on Gabi (or l've just become really soft).

lmao I definitely get the Fairy tail and TObito thing. I used alot of my F’s for those too.
  • masterbio likes this

#1773 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted Today, 08:03 AM

We had to bring FT in here didn't we?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users