Photo

Attack on Titan: Chapter Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Attack on Titan

• Please log in to reply
1960 replies to this topic

#1841 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:00 AM

See? This what I wanted.

Sure, a deep plot and betrayal and character development is all good and nice, but nothing compares to the pure essence of this manga, people vs Titan. Seeing Levi just slicing up titans left and right felt good, and that Zeke torture, my oh my, it was perfect! I really laughed when Levi casually sliced off his feet and legs!!

Unfortunately we also had the Eren faction, which for me is just boring tbh. I get it, Froch gets in off by torturing old dudes, but he's really boring, and did we really need more "brainwashed by war" characters? We've had Bert, Annie and Reiner, and we've just come out of (fuck) Gabi. We get, everyone just want to kill each other.

But let's be real, all this could end if Armin just snapped and went full Colossal. Dude could just kick Eren away a couple of Km and while Eren ran back he could just single handedly defeat the Eren faction

#1842 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:22 PM

Floch believes he is special because he is the only unwounded survivor of the Zeke's barrage at Shiganshina.

He is madly royal to Eren because he thinks he already lost a savior to humanity (Erwin) and tries as hard as possible not to lose another one (Eren).

Lame, but somewhat consistent imho.

Edited by Krizalid, 13 January 2019 - 05:22 PM.

• /2aw likes this

#1843 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:52 AM

Chapter 114 Spoilers:

https://ww5.readsnk....aw-chapter-114/

#1844 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:15 PM

Knew Zeke was a bastard and a half but good grief!

Knew Zeke was a bastard and a half but good grief! Whatever sympathy the reader should have for him is now tossed out the window, over a cliff, dashed onto the rocks below and swept away by the sea.

Posted Image

#1845 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:30 PM

Chapter 114

https://m.imgur.com/a/u3xs7Hz

Knew Zeke was a bastard and a half but good grief! Whatever sympathy the reader should have for him is now tossed out the window, over a cliff, dashed onto the rocks below and swept away by the sea.

idk actually. This chapter made me hate Erens dad a lil more tbh. From his telling of the story he was the perfect father and his son betraying him was completely unwarranted and out of nowhere. But he came across as an emotionally abusive and distant father in zeeks side of the story

And zeek getting a father figure in the previous beast titan holder really sheds some light on his up bringing and emotional support for everything he did. Now i dont agree with zeeks “answer” but we can honestly say he did care for his people and was trying to help in his own fucked up way. The many different prospectives and ideologies of this manga is one of the things i love so much about the story

And damn i didn’t expect him to blow himself up. Im actually gonna miss Zeek tbh

#1846 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:30 PM

Marley Family - *Hides truth of the world from the general populace thinking its a good idea.*

Zeke - *Fights against corrupt system by hiding the truth of the world from the general populace thinking its a good idea.*

Posted Image

#1847 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:04 PM

I'm curious to see who is actually dead now. 

#1848 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:19 PM

Why? This chapter gave me the impression of the contrary. So mutch pressure in a child made him more unstable and Xavier was the father figure that Zeke lacked his intire life. 

• Chillman likes this

#1849 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:36 PM

Why? This chapter gave me the impression of the contrary. So mutch pressure in a child made him more unstable and Xavier was the father figure that Zeke lacked his intire life. 

Because its what he did afterwards that's the problem. Instead of getting the real truth out he went the route he did as an adult. He became no better than the people he was supposed to expose/fight against.

Posted Image

#1850 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:47 PM

Because its what he did afterwards that's the problem. Instead of getting the real truth out he went the route he did as an adult. He became no better than the people he was supposed to expose/fight against.

No diferent from others that were brainwashed by this idea. He actually believed that it would be ebst for the world if his people were gone. Yes what he did was horrible but from the looks of it wasnt for malicious intent but for the greater good. Don't get me wrong, hes an antagonist and he should be punished for what he did, but his flashback does make him more sympathetic. hes just like any other Eldian brainwashed and self hating. 

• Chillman likes this

#1851 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:53 PM

Good riddance to Zeke, I am glad he is dead.

If this flashback was meant for me to feel sorry for Zeke, well I don't. The guy was a murdering asshole.

Btw, I fully expect Levi to be alive with minor injuries at best, since it looks like Zeke's self detonation flung him away from the blast zone.

Not to mention Levi is the one of the few characters left strong enough to stand up to Eren now that Mikasa and Armin are imprisoned.

#1852 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 05:03 PM

I'm catching up and at chap 85 now. Goddamn Erwin is dead. If there was two injection someone should have just killed Eren instead and given his power to Erwin...

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#1853 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 06:34 PM

I'm catching up and at chap 85 now. Goddamn Erwin is dead. If there was two injection someone should have just killed Eren instead and given his power to Erwin...

Erwin was the man

#1854 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:21 AM

Why are stuck with Eren as main character again?

Btw that dude Eren Kruger said Mikasa and Armin's names 22 years ago. This mean all the Eldian's memories, past and future, are connected through that ''path'' thing?

#1855 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:11 AM

So Eren's choice is to be the same as Marley? Well, at this point I would just support Levi and Mikasa to do badass thing. To hell with who would win. Gabi is the same shit as Eren...

But damn I hate those panels where Eren was hit by slow beam and didn't just simply throw the warhammer inside his mouth....

Edited by Fulmine, 09 February 2019 - 03:34 AM.

#1856 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:47 AM

Me: Can Levi even solo through this?

Levi: Imbecile non-believer!

My utmost apology! Badassery is flowing like tsunami!

#1857 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,284 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:37 AM

Good riddance to Zeke, I am glad he is dead.

If this flashback was meant for me to feel sorry for Zeke, well I don't. The guy was a murdering asshole.

Btw, I fully expect Levi to be alive with minor injuries at best, since it looks like Zeke's self detonation flung him away from the blast zone.

Not to mention Levi is the one of the few characters left strong enough to stand up to Eren now that Mikasa and Armin are imprisoned.

Pretty sure Levi lost at least an arm

As for Zeke, I'm kinda with you here in regards to saying good riddance, but I can't deny that I felt a bit sorry for him since he truly felt neglected and used which kinda did come off that way

But at the same time, I'm still 100% with Grisha and Eren. These Marley cunts and everyone whose foolishly following their ideals deserve everything that's coming to them

Edited by Tokoya, 09 February 2019 - 10:37 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#1858 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 02:31 PM

As for Zeke, I'm kinda with you here in regards to saying good riddance, but I can't deny that I felt a bit sorry for him since he truly felt neglected and used which kinda did come off that way
But at the same time, I'm still 100% with Grisha and Eren. These Marley cunts and everyone whose foolishly following their ideals deserve everything that's coming to them

How do we know that Levi lost an arm? It's too difficult to make out anything of Levi's injuries from this last page of the chapter here imo:

https://www.mangapan...o-kyojin/114/45

While I agree with you about Marley, those assholes fully deserve an ass kicking. Not so much about the Eren part though.

I really dislike his scumbag actions that he did to both Mikasa and Armin in chapter 112. Eren was totally outta line with what that he did to his two closest friends.

Fuck Eren, he can go straight to hell.
  • ndriana likes this

#1859 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 04:19 PM

While I agree with you on the scumballs needing reap what they sow, the nagging question remains. "Were they dicks because of free will or were they brainwashed(NOT MANIPULATED, BRAINWASHED) into becoming like that.

. . .

. .

Any chance of Historia making a come back and to b*tch slap the hell out of everyone who deserves it?

Posted Image

#1860 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:26 PM

While it may sound stupid there was reasoning behind Zeke's plan. Centuries go by and this titan shit causes well.. shit. So if killing, wars, holocaust, genocide, is to go on as long as forever anyway, then he thought about doing it one last time, then have titanshifters population peacefully dissapear from this world, and be done with this titan shit in general.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users