Photo

Attack on Titan: Chapter Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Attack on Titan

• Please log in to reply
2110 replies to this topic

#1961 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:02 PM

Oh boy, finally read it.

I lol'ed at Gabi's shot. Come on, you have to admit that it's funny to see Eren's head roll like that :lolxg:

Also, they have to touch to control the wall titans right? But Zeke already control's the "screamed at" titans, so what's the difference? He just wants bigger ones?

Also also. ARMIN! PLEASE! TRANSFORM ALREADY! Dude had the most OP ability, could end this entire war in an hour by eating everyone.

He's not dead. And would you trust Zeke to transfer his power to you? I sure as heck wouldn't. Knowing about Riener's 'trick' to survive a headshot, Eren could have let Gabi shoot him. Then Zeke tries to 'eat' what he thinks is left of Eren in an attempt to survive only for Eren consciousness being powerful enough to override/kick out Zeke's consciousnesses.

Edited by Graeystone, 15 July 2019 - 12:03 PM.

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#1962 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:34 PM

Chapter 120 Spoilers:

https://mangahelpers...maries.3014250/

#1963 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 05:32 PM

Chapter 120 is out:

https://www.mangatai...ttack-titan-120

#1964 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:59 PM

Zeke was a loser in his youth, a loser at the start of the manga(he did initiate that attack), a loser every he appeared, and will be a loser when he finally bite it. Who did he think he was kidding with his lame attempt at Bullshit no Jutsu?(It only works with Naruto!) Last I checked, Zeke went wwwaaayyyy to far and betrayed his parents and allies. Can't decide if Zeke is a spoiled brat with a load gun, a coward, or both.

Very surprising about Ymir. It does explain how she is both Angel and Devil. So what would happen if someone 'Wished' Ymir to be free from her fate? Would it be like what Aladdin did with Genie?

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#1965 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,334 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 07 August 2019 - 12:36 AM

I'm just here to see all the people that was bitching about Eren's "turn" apologize for being THAT fucking naive 

tenor.gif

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#1966 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 12:39 AM

Yeah Zeke was acting like was a spoiled brat with daddy issues this chapter.

I am glad that Eren showed Zeke through this whole flashback thing that Grisha never stopped caring for Zeke, regardless of what Zeke thinks.

One thing that baffles me is that how was Zeke was able to unchain himself and gain control of the Founder's ability, despite Eren being apparently in control of the situation before Zeke unchained himself.

Finally confirmation that Eren is actually dead:

https://www.mangatai...tan-120?page=14

So much for other people thinking that Eren somehow actually survived having his head decapitated after the events of the previous chapter. XP

Excellent chapter overall. I can't wait to see what other memories Eren is gonna show Zeke next chapter.

#1967 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 12:44 AM

https://www.mangapan...o-kyojin/120/27

Yeah but, how exactly did Zeke reach this place in the first place? It was so random. 

#1968 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:13 AM

https://www.mangapan...o-kyojin/120/27

Yeah but, how exactly did Zeke reach this place in the first place? It was so random. 

Know how in the manga people sometimes say, "Everyone is connected(especially Titans and those with that kind of power.  This 'area' that where Eren and Zeke may be some kind of 'meeting area' for people with Titan Power..Don't know about the manga cause its black and white but maybe those times in the anime Eren and Zeke(more the latter) have an old glow to their eyes. Maybe its a sign that Zeke is in that 'area'

Baks - Don't bet on it. Since Ymir can apparently fulfill any wish then its possible Eren could just wish himself whole. . .or I could be completely wrong and she's about to Kaguya Zeke/Eren's ass.

Edited by Graeystone, 07 August 2019 - 03:14 AM.

z8EE0.png

#1969 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:35 AM

Know how in the manga people sometimes say, "Everyone is connected(especially Titans and those with that kind of power.  This 'area' that where Eren and Zeke may be some kind of 'meeting area' for people with Titan Power..Don't know about the manga cause its black and white but maybe those times in the anime Eren and Zeke(more the latter) have an old glow to their eyes. Maybe its a sign that Zeke is in that 'area'

Baks - Don't bet on it. Since Ymir can apparently fulfill any wish then its possible Eren could just wish himself whole. . .or I could be completely wrong and she's about to Kaguya Zeke/Eren's ass.

Zeke reached there only after committing suicide via pulling the thunder spears trigger.

He is one of the two "royal" people. The only male one, IIRC.

For some reason Ymir brought him to her place to prevent his death; and since he didn't have the Coordinate power, he didn't got affected by the Vow.

#1970 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 10:07 AM

Zeke reached there only after committing suicide via pulling the thunder spears trigger.

He is one of the two "royal" people. The only male one, IIRC.

For some reason Ymir brought him to her place to prevent his death; and since he didn't have the Coordinate power, he didn't got affected by the Vow.

True.

Like I said, Ymir may be setting up on or both of them for a Hostile Takeover.

Zeke - She can grant any wish.(Wants to make people unable to reproduce).

We're not talking about wishing for more Titan Power or something related to them. Ymir may have the capacity to be a Reality Warper and those type of people are rarely if ever a good thing. Ymir looks like an innocent little girl who may have gotten a raw deal at some point. However she is considered either Angel or Devil depending on who is asked. If anything Ymir kind of reminds me of this verse from the Bible-

2Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Sure she looks like a little girl but she also has that reputation of not being exactly a good little girl. Now it could be that its people who have abused her and whatever reality warping abilities she has. If we think of her as a Genie then a person can either wish or peace and prosperity or wish for death and tyranny.

z8EE0.png

#1971 /2aw

/2aw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:15 AM

Ok so I'm going to give a guess and I THINK that because Eren was not royalty he was incapable of entering that place at will, where as Zeke could but he wasn't able to do it to the fullest extent because he did not have the coordinate power. I think Eren was only able to enter it because his body died. I think time passes differently in that place so when Zeke touched Eren he immediately entered the place where it took Eren a little longer because he was still alive (the head can survive without the body for a little while) so even though that moment was short in real time, in the coordinate plane of existence Zeke was there for much longer. So by the time Eren got there he had already figured out how to break his chains since he was now connected to the Coordinate for that long ass time.

One thing I don't quite understand is why they didn't do all of this when they first met up. Once Eren heard his plan why wouldn't they immediately touch. I can surmise that Eren had not quite figured out his plan yet but I'm not really sure. 

My Manga

The sad reality of my favorite Manga

Current Theme Song

Badass of the moment:

Daytime Escanor

49914546_91x132.jpeg

Praise. The. Sun. See, if Chuck Norris had a love child with Bruce Lee and that child was trained by the Spartans it just MIGHT have the absurd levels of badass testosterone found in Escanor's left testicle. Escanor is the epitome of pride and badassery and he has no issues with letting it be known. His mere presence has been enough to end some powerful baddies, and he will make sure any fool willing to challenge him knows how pathetic their feeble attempts are. OP is an understatement and he wears it so gracefully.

#1972 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:38 AM

I'm just here to see all the people that was bitching about Eren's "turn" apologize for being THAT fucking naive 

https://media.tenor.com/images/d6fc7ef0f...

He made Mikasa cry. No.
  • Tokoya likes this

#1973 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:09 PM

there were some false spoilers saying that it's revealed that Grisha was the one who hired the thugs that killed Mikasa's parents.

as for the actual chapter, FINALY we saw Ymir, I know we saw her previously but it was only now confirmed that this is her, ever since we knew that there was a founder I always thought that in the end of the manga Eren himself would get to see the Devil or something like that & he finaly saw Ymir so IMO we are pretty close to the end of SnK.

this dimension where Ymir lives as an immortal brainless being from which she can creat titans and in which Zeke's will is in control of, it reminds me of Orochimaru's dimension in which he tries to take control of Sasuke but instead Sasuke's will & genjustu overwhelmes the dimension & Sasuke gains full control over it, I wonder if something like this would happen here, that is Eren gains full control of Ymir's dimension overwhemling Zeke's will.

we always heard how Ymir was a magician but hearing is one thing & seeing it in action is another, even though SnK is about titans but the manga/anime always had this scientific feel within the rules of the SnK world, but now for me personaly after seeing Ymir is some immortal magician in a special dimensions who can use reality warping magic.. the manga feels some what different, in a good way ofcourse.

Edited by kenkage, 07 August 2019 - 01:16 PM.

KfDNJUs.png

#1974 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:09 PM

He made Mikasa cry. No.

Not only that, he was a complete and utter asshole towards Armin too with his disgusting behaviour.

As well as imprisoning all his other buddies like Jean and Connie from the Survey Corps.

So fuck Eren, I personally am glad that he is dead.

I am not gonna apologize at all for criticizing Eren especially given the way he has acted post timeskip.

#1975 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:23 PM

there were some false spoilers saying that it's revealed that Grisha was the one who hired the thugs that killed Mikasa's parents.

as for the actual chapter, FINALY we saw Ymir, I know we saw her previously but it was only now confirmed that this is her, ever since we knew that there was a founder I always thought that in the end of the manga Eren himself would get to see the Devil or something like that & he finaly saw Ymir so IMO we are pretty close to the end of SnK.

this dimension where Ymir lives as an immortal brainless being from which she can creat titans and in which Zeke's will is in control of, it reminds me of Orochimaru's dimension in which he tries to take control of Sasuke but instead Sasuke's will & genjustu overwhelmes the dimension & Sasuke gains full control over it, I wonder if something like this would happen here, that is Eren gains full control of Ymir's dimension overwhemling Zeke's will.

we always heard how Ymir was a magician but hearing is one thing & seeing it in action is another, even though SnK is about titans but the manga/anime always had this scientific feel within the rules of the SnK world, but now for me personaly after seeing Ymir is some immortal magician in a special dimensions who can use reality warping magic.. the manga feels some what different, in a good way ofcourse.

Theory - Remember that supposed spoiler picture from a few forum pages back of Eren holding a baby and people thought it was a spoiler from the mangaka for the ending? In the case its true then perhaps its Ymir reborn as a regular baby. This manga tries to stay away from common tropes for the most part. Having another Kaguya or another messed up Reality Warper archetype doesn't help. An Alluka(Hunter x Hunter) type character would be better. One who is misunderstood and misused because of her abilities.

It could be that people tried to mix Science and Magic only to have it backfire big time and Ymir was the result of such experiments.

z8EE0.png

#1976 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:35 PM

Or maybe it's a quantum technology, relic of past civilization, all thats left after a great and devastating war, possible to be used only by people with certain genetic key, and it uses nanotechnology with the possiblity to manipulate structure of certain organisms, hence the possibility to program Eldians and transfering of ownership of the device?

Edited by pyrogenic, 07 August 2019 - 04:36 PM.

#1977 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:07 PM

Spoiler

This is for now more like FMA stuff.

#1978 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:47 PM

Or maybe it's a quantum technology, relic of past civilization, all thats left after a great and devastating war, possible to be used only by people with certain genetic key, and it uses nanotechnology with the possiblity to manipulate structure of certain organisms, hence the possibility to program Eldians and transfering of ownership of the device?

Desty Nova is that you? :D :P

I hope its not a Quantum Mechanics thing. QM is NOT 'wish fulfillment through science'. It  makes QM look like Pseudo-Science and/or Pseudo-Religion. QM is mainly about Taking A Peep Under The Hood Of The Universe and seeing what is there how it works. In terms of writing fiction, QM ends up being a cheap plot device to explain things/ideas that can't be easily to the reader because the story teller may have written themselves into a corner.

Nanomachines could explain the transformations from Human to Titan and the rapid healing abilities. However it couldn't explain things like the rapid transformations and where the extra nanomachines required for say Armin to go from his shorter than most human form to the tallest Titan in the series.

z8EE0.png

#1979 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:33 AM

Spoiler

you know I think it is not that much unrealistic to think this is what will happen, though I personaly tend to think that child that is being held at the end is Historia's child, non the less since Ymir is like a powerfull slave that fulfils the wishes of her master like a Genie, perhaps they could just wish for her to be free, though it could be quite risky to set some ancient magician free.

KfDNJUs.png

#1980 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:44 PM

Desty Nova is that you?

Somehow Alita came to my mind to. But in some other way, if we consider this magicians stuff it's like Promised Neverland.

Other than that, how could I miss the "he was a meanie HE DESERVES BRUTAL AND PAINFULL DEATH" cringe in this topic lol. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users