Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

Guys I can't tell a lie. 

C6068VQWoAIUDBo.jpg

these covers

secret-empire-header-2-1.jpgare seriously

secret-empire-header-3.jpg

making me hyped

Avengers_1.1_Davis_Variant.jpg?itok=dvlX

Marvel are you trying to be clever here??

#2082 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:56 PM

Why does Ironman look oldschool there?

#2083 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:45 PM

That is the million dollar question

Why is Tony Stark there at all

#2084 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:27 PM

As much as I love the Batfamily and everyone in it, I gotta agree with you. It is starting to get REALLY bloated (That's why I'm hoping Gotham Girl goes away and he slows down on the recruits after Duke). That being said, while having them all form a meaningful relationship with Bruce could be....difficult (in particularly the new ones) it hasn't reached the point where it's impossible...yet....as long as both Bats and the writers are good about how he's managing his time. As far as the Robins are concerned, I'd say Damian's currently the only one with Daddy issues that need some serious addressing (that seems to be a recurring theme in Super Sons, Teen Titans, and even Nightwing). I'd say the other Robins are okay for now until some inevitable conflict happens because...well...Bruce.

As for the Batgirls, I've always liked Barbara's relationship with Dick and Steph (which is now non-existent) than I did with Bruce. So I wouldn't really be too upset if they never have any sort of meaningful development. Based on what's going on in Action Comics right now, I'd say it's Cass' turn to be given some love from Daddy Bats. And apparently Steph is next. It also helps that Batwoman is there to sort of act as a second parent.

New Super Sons addresses why Jon's not in the Teen Titans (and while I'd really like that to change, I doubt it will unless Super Sons ends). And the reason is ironic as fuck when you consider how old Damian was when he first joined the Titans back in the Pre-Flashpoint days :lolxg:

That's my thing, I just feel like the writers aren't all on the same page in terms of making the relationships happen between Batman and the characters. The Family is bloated as hell regardless, but it could still be pulled off a lot better than it's currently being. I think right now the Batman portion of DC is really trying to find its footing though and figure out what they want to do with all of these characters and how to use them properly. They clearly want all of them on the board, probably in order to not piss the fans off too much. They then can't give every single Bat character his/her own series, because that's just not necessary and they've got a lot of series as it is. I think that's a major reason why they turned Detective into a team book, to throw multiple characters into one series and see how it goes.

https://www.bleeding...ue-5-will-last/

This b.s, brings up one of Marvel's biggest issues. Not giving there series the time of day to let grow. 

The fact that they put the same creative team on this book and still canned it pisses me off. 

Definitely. In general, I feel like that's a terrible habit to have. They need to make money, I understand that. But everyone has to understand that not every series, especially for lesser known characters, is going to take off right away and be some legendary work. A few series you've got to give some time to let the writers find their stride. I think some type of contract needs to be drawn up guaranteeing a certain amount of time or number of issues for any writer to work on a character. If the series isn't performing up to par by the time the contract hits its limit, cancel it, revamp it, or find a new writer. 12 issues seems like a suitable length of time in my opinion.

My question is, who is that in the background hovering over Modern Cap and Classic Iron Man? Kind of looks like either Doctor Doom or Ultron. No way to tell for sure though. Thinking on it, it could be Arno Stark. Don't think he's shown up in a while. Iron Man vs Cap could play out in a number of ways. It could be that Marvel is bringing Tony back sooner than we expected. Epilogue to CW2 did see Steve telling Tony's comatose body that he wanted Tony to wake up and try to stop him after all. Or it could just be an armor someone is controlling. We've seen Iron Man's armors operate with no one in them plenty of times after all. The armor there though is the suit Tony wore when he, and the other Avengers, first found Cap all those years ago though, adding some historical significance to that suit being used, which adds to the previous idea that Tony might just be coming back earlier than we thought.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#2085 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:49 PM

hr]

My question is, who is that in the background hovering over Modern Cap and Classic Iron Man? Kind of looks like either Doctor Doom or Ultron. No way to tell for sure though. Thinking on it, it could be Arno Stark. Don't think he's shown up in a while. Iron Man vs Cap could play out in a number of ways. It could be that Marvel is bringing Tony back sooner than we expected. Epilogue to CW2 did see Steve telling Tony's comatose body that he wanted Tony to wake up and try to stop him after all. Or it could just be an armor someone is controlling. We've seen Iron Man's armors operate with no one in them plenty of times after all. The armor there though is the suit Tony wore when he, and the other Avengers, first found Cap all those years ago though, adding some historical significance to that suit being used, which adds to the previous idea that Tony might just be coming back earlier than we thought.

People on comic amino said it was probably Hank Pym who is coming back to the Marvel universe in a big way. 

Never heard of Arno Stark till now

Definitely. In general, I feel like that's a terrible habit to have. They need to make money, I understand that. But everyone has to understand that not every series, especially for lesser known characters, is going to take off right away and be some legendary work. A few series you've got to give some time to let the writers find their stride. I think some type of contract needs to be drawn up guaranteeing a certain amount of time or number of issues for any writer to work on a character. If the series isn't performing up to par by the time the contract hits its limit, cancel it, revamp it, or find a new writer. 12 issues seems like a suitable length of time in my opinion.c

I mean there comic books for god sake. There not going to generate much money anyway. Canceling titles left and right doesn't help things it just makes me wonder why you announce a billion of them anyway.  It is this dumb cycle. 

Marvel announces random character who no one asked for a solo title ..title gets canned. 

But what pisses me off in particular about Ghost Rider is how much they built it up and the fact that they used the same creative team from the last one that got cancelled. It like no one learned there lesson. 

Edited by secretzfan, 20 March 2017 - 11:50 PM.

• Ace1225 likes this

#2086 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,968 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

@Ace1225 @Blue22 @Goddess Nike @Tokoya @secretzfan @DarkNemesis - An I guess whoever else see's this.

Random thoughts about something in Marvel and latest things they've done with characters and such. 

Had a discussion at some point regarding said changes, most specifically regarding characters like Quake and how they're changing them to be more like their MCU counterparts. Hyde is now looking more like Kyle McLaughlin, Coulson like Clark Gregg, and Daisy is now also being called Skye and is more like Daisy/Skye as well is now an InHuman rather than a Mutate as she originally was an made out to being.

But that last part about Daisy/Quake now being an InHuman rather than a Mutate from all the genetic material she got from her daddy, that was messed up due to his experiments on himself and all that being passed on to her.

Thing is since now Marvel has gone out of their way to make it that this Mutate was in truth a InHuman, that due to the outside elements awakening an mutating her InHuman gene without Terrigenesis. What could this mean for other Mutates? I mean with what they did for Quake, that would mean you could logically make the reasoning that the Hulk isn't just a result of mass gamma exposure but that Banner had the InHuman gene in him and during that explosion the mass amounts of gamma not only awakened the InHuman gene but also shaped it into what Banner mutated into ... The Hulk.

Same thing for other Mutates like Spider-Man, Absorbing Man, etc.

Marvel could reasonably after doing what they did to Quake, go out an say that just about every Mutate due to science gone wrong or whatever (excluding Deadpool since his powers comes from a "Mutant"), had an InHuman gene that allowed them to become who an what they are after going through the event that awakened their gene without the need of Terrigenesis.

IF that is the case. What do you guys an gals think of that possibility, as well if they ever tried that ... how would you react to that sort of thing?  

Edited by Narubi, 21 March 2017 - 06:15 PM.

#2087 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,285 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

@Ace1225 @Blue22 @Goddess Nike @Tokoya @secretzfan @DarkNemesis - An I guess whoever else see's this.

Random thoughts about something in Marvel and latest things they've done with characters and such.

Had a discussion at some point regarding said changes, most specifically regarding characters like Quake and how they're changing them to be more like their MCU counterparts. Hyde is now looking more like Kyle McLaughlin, Coulson like Clark Gregg, and Daisy is now also being called Skye and is more like Daisy/Skye as well is now an InHuman rather than a Mutate as she originally was an made out to being.

But that last part about Daisy/Quake now being an InHuman rather than a Mutate from all the genetic material she got from her daddy, that was messed up due to his experiments on himself and all that being passed on to her.

Thing is since now Marvel has gone out of their way to make it that this Mutate was in truth a InHuman, that due to the outside elements awakening an mutating her InHuman gene without Terrigenesis. What could this mean for other Mutates? I mean with what they did for Quake, that would mean you could logically make the reasoning that the Hulk isn't just a result of mass gamma exposure but that Banner had the InHuman gene in him and during that explosion the mass amounts of gamma not only awakened the InHuman gene but also shaped it into what Banner mutated into ... The Hulk.

Marvel could reasonably after doing what they did to Quake, go out an say that just about every Mutate due to science gone wrong or whatever (excluding Deadpool since his powers comes from a "Mutant"), had an InHuman gene that allowed them to become who an what they are after going through the event that awakened their gene without the need of Terrigenesis.

IF that is the case. What do you guys an gals think of that possibility, as well if they ever tried that ... how would you react to that sort of thing?

Daisy being an inhuman doesn't bother me but I would hate it if they tried to pull that same thing with Peter and everyone else

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2088 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:00 PM

Short answer, because I've done enough ranting about the Inhumans:

I'm not a huge fan of arbitrary retcons like those. And it doesn't get anymore arbitrary than suddenly deciding somebody's an Inhuman (*cough*Pietro&Wanda*cough*)

• Ace1225 likes this

#2089 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:26 PM

Bruh your asking for pissed off reactions lol.

Listen I am fine with Quake being Inhuman and I am ok with the Inhumans as they are now (So long as we don't get more IvX shit)

This would never happen and looking at where Marvel is moving toward I can't see it ever happening agian.

No one wants Inhuman Peter Parker or Bruce Banner or She Hulk. That is like giving them all the X gene it is stupid and unnecessary.

I mean no one minds Daisy cause she was never that defined and because of that it allowed them to play around with her origin in Agents of Sheild.

But Spider-Man is defined. We saw how he got his powers so is Hulk.

#2090 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,725 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:36 AM

Short answer, because I've done enough ranting about the Inhumans:

I'm not a huge fan of arbitrary retcons like those. And it doesn't get anymore arbitrary than suddenly deciding somebody's an Inhuman (*cough*Pietro&Wanda*cough*)

Basically this. There are 2 types of retcons in my opinion. Those that are necessary and those that aren't. The former can be so for any number of reasons, but it all comes down to the issue that the retcon taking place is needed. Examples would be Superman's fluctuating powers/power levels, Batman being unwilling to use guns/kill people, etc. The latter are them, obviously, unnecessary and serve no major purpose. Examples would be the revelation that Cassandra Cain's first kill (Which was so horrofic that it led to her fleeing from her father, literally kicking off her story as Batgirl) was not the first time she witnessed murder and that she had hated her dad (Who she had previously loved) all along. This type of things blatantly contradicts the arcs and character development that came before it, generally makes no sense, and really doesn't accomplish anything of value. Pietro and Wanda are another example of this. So, i'd throw changing various heroes into Inhumans into the same category. Why does Peter Parker need to be an Inhuman? Why does Bruce Banner? It's not as if the Inhuman concept holds anymore value to it than the radioactive spider bite or the gamma radiation affecting both people the way they did and just being flukes of nature.

I'd argue that there's actually precedent, for Spider-Man at least, saying that such a change would not be well received. Remember back in the early to mid 2000s when they did the storyline The Other? It basically implied that the spider bit Peter because he was a chosen one, meant to represent the animal totem of the spider or something, giving him an entirely new mystic origin, in place of the previous scientific one. This was tied into the reasoning as to why so many of his animals were based upon animals. Personally, I didn't think this was all that bad, but I know a lot of people hated it. I imagine the Inhuman thing would go the same way, if not worse.

• Blue22 likes this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#2091 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,182 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:28 AM

If Marvel wants to explain this as an alternate reality, then cool. But to just retcon the "main storyline" just so you can wedge the Inhumans into relevance is silly. IMO, anyway.

So now there's Mutant, Inhumans, Mutates, and enhanced people? Or are all the enhanced people (sans magic folks) now Mutates? Ex: The super-serum activated Steve Roger's Inhuman gene and now he's officially a Mutate.
  • Blue22 likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2092 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,182 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:56 AM

This was tied into the reasoning as to why so many of his animals were based upon animals.

Am I parsing that right?

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2093 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:23 PM

Unworthy Thor is concluded and states why Thor is no longer worthy:

Not that familar with Thor so I can't judge if that Wisper was good or not.

Spoiler

#2094 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:10 PM

The hell Marvel???

Just got done reading Invincible Iron Man #5 and I am just like lol there was no Kamala in this. 

Then again I rather them not have random characters showing up in books that just started (That why Champions #5 was weak), but still that cover is a lie.  

#2095 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,182 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:20 PM

Unworthy Thor is concluded and states why Thor is no longer worthy:

Not that familar with Thor so I can't judge if that Wisper was good or not.

Spoiler

I've read the reveals, but what I didn't understand is this: did the whisper convince Thor that Thor was unworthy and did it convince the Hammer that Thor was unworthy?

Spoiler

#2096 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,285 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted Yesterday, 03:29 PM

I've read the reveals, but what I didn't understand is this: did the whisper convince Thor that Thor was unworthy and did it convince the Hammer that Thor was unworthy?

This explains it better

http://io9.gizmodo.c...aled-1793527049
  • DarkNemesis and YyAoMmIi like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users