Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,461 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted Yesterday, 09:59 AM

Meanwhile DC are showing Marvel the correct way (Yet again lol) on how to handle diversity changes with the new Dark Matter initiate that's coming out soon lol @secretzfan 

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2242 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted Yesterday, 12:18 PM

Meanwhile DC are showing Marvel the correct way (Yet again lol) on how to handle diversity changes with the new Dark Matter initiate that's coming out soon lol @secretzfan

I feel like everyone been saying that since the very beginning of the whole Rebirth ordeal anyway...so yeah

Are we just going to slide over the question of how Steve picking up the hammer makes sense in the Jason Aaron continuity.

I mean that a serious question. I will see how they make sense of it, but it like

Is Steve Rogers Thor now?
Does this confirm that the original Thor is really having a mental block on why he can't pick it up?

There sooo many questions that this raises

#2243 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,646 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:19 PM

@secretzfan

are we even allowed to talk about this outside spoiler since the original post was in spoiler and FCBD with this is next month?

#2244 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,461 posts

User's Awards

Posted Yesterday, 12:20 PM

I feel like everyone been saying that since the very beginning of the whole Rebirth ordeal anyway...so yeah

Are we just going to slide over the question of how Steve picking up the hammer makes sense in the Jason Aaron continuity.

I mean that a serious question. I will see how they make sense of it, but it like

Does this confirm that the original Thor is really having a mental block on why he can't pick it up?

There sooo many questions that this raises

I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride....Nick Spencer hasn't disappointed at all so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

My only concern is how they're gonna resolve all of this to lead into this Legacy thing because I'm gonna call so much bullshit if they redeem him in the end

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2245 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:21 PM

@secretzfan

are we even allowed to talk about this outside spoiler since the original post was in spoiler and FCBD with this is next month?

Can I buy spoiler tags from you? :-P 

#2246 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:13 PM

I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride....Nick Spencer hasn't disappointed at all so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

My only concern is how they're gonna resolve all of this to lead into this Legacy thing because I'm gonna call so much bullshit if they redeem him in the end

Yea that would be a boring way to do it. 

Honestly I am sure the cosmic cube got them in to this mess and can get them out of this mess.

#2247 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:32 PM

But it is part of it as Marvel seemed to not have learned how to smoothly introduce there characters.  

This is basically what I was saying. The issue isn't diversity and never has been. Yes, good writing is needed. Yes, interesting stories are needed. Yes, emotional impact is needed. However, what Marvel also needs and has failed at more often than not is to figure out how to introduce these new characters smoothly, in a manner that doesn't diminish or outright embarass their predecessors. As you and Narubi have said, even if you like Jane Thor, you can't argue that Jason Aaron didn't introduce her badly and crap all over Thor's history in order to make her Thor. The recent reveal of "The Whisper" was just as bad in my opinion.

I'll piggyback off of Narubi further and mention Amadeus Cho. Why take a character who steadily grew in popularity as a sidekick, due to the fact that his adventures focused on him using his intellect to fight alongside the Hulk and Hercules and turn him into a Hulk, a being who, at the end of the day, is focused around super strength and other physical abilities? Then you go and kill off Bruce Banner shortly afterwards, which is worsened by occuring in a crappy event, but also didn't even make sense based on the character's recent history in the main Hulk title.  :rolleyes: Of course people didn't praise you for that. It's nothing against Cho being Asian, just as the issue with Jane isn't that she's a woman. It's about the execution.

As Narubi has also mentioned, Kamala Khan is an excellent example of how to do this thing properly and is one of Marvel's best new characters by far. I'd also say that, because of the manner in which she's been introduced, she's got the most longevity of the bunch, minus perhaps Miles Morales. 

And this isn't to say that I don't still enjoy various comics that Marvel is putting out right now. I just think this whole diversity issue has been handled pretty badly on their part. DC didn't do any better when they originally made Wally West African American at the start of the New 52.

Edited by Ace1225, Yesterday, 01:34 PM.

• Narubi likes this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#2248 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,299 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:54 PM

Wait. Wut? I thought Steve Rogers was a Super Nazi. Now he's Super Nazi Thor???? :lolxg:  (please, let this be true)

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2249 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:15 PM

Awwe I thought Unworthy Thor was pretty interesting way of taking the idea of worthiness and flipping it on its head.

But I can understand it does mess with a lot of previous continuity of Thor.

But I found it interesting and a kinda different way to look at the Thor mythos

Wait. Wut? I thought Steve Rogers was a Super Nazi. Now he's Super Nazi Thor???? :lolxg: (please, let this be true)

We don't know yet bro lololol
But Aaron ' s retcon would say that unless Nick Spencer retcons the retcon

But then what does that mean for Jane Foster.

Would she just be Jane Foster would Thor blood

Edited by secretzfan, Yesterday, 02:16 PM.

#2250 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,299 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:24 PM

Would she just be Jane Foster would Thor blood

I can't parse this.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2251 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,461 posts

User's Awards

Posted Yesterday, 04:20 PM

Yea that would be a boring way to do it.

Honestly I am sure the cosmic cube got them in to this mess and can get them out of this mess.

I would much rather they just pull a Rebirth and have this universe not actually be an altered 616

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2252 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:57 PM

I would much rather they just pull a Rebirth and have this universe not actually be an altered 616

I much rather something similar to that happens to.
Obviously Marvel Legacy is there Rebirth, but I hope it doesn't reboot anything. I know on the Weekly Pull they brought up Reed Richards reseting stuff but I still rather that not happen.

One of the many things I like about Rebirth is the fact that it is allowing the new 52 say it happened. While bringing things back people loved.

Where getting Generations before Legacy though.
Is that confirmed to be a time travel story?

If so I can see Hydra Steve being killed at the end of this of old Steve from the past taking his place.

#2253 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,461 posts

User's Awards

Posted Yesterday, 06:20 PM

I much rather something similar to that happens to.
Obviously Marvel Legacy is there Rebirth, but I hope it doesn't reboot anything. I know on the Weekly Pull they brought up Reed Richards reseting stuff but I still rather that not happen.

One of the many things I like about Rebirth is the fact that it is allowing the new 52 say it happened. While bringing things back people loved.

Where getting Generations before Legacy though.
Is that confirmed to be a time travel story?

If so I can see Hydra Steve being killed at the end of this of old Steve from the past taking his place.

Killing him or just locking/sealing him away somewhere are the only options I'll accept....And I want this whole concept of "Hydra always won" to stick and not be a construct of what Red Skull did initially with Cobik

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2254 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,646 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:40 PM

I hoping Mile Mores kills Captain Hydra
That would Redeem the ugh arc that he caused

Edited by YyAoMmIi, Yesterday, 08:41 PM.

#2255 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:38 PM

Killing him or just locking/sealing him away somewhere are the only options I'll accept....And I want this whole concept of "Hydra always won" to stick and not be a construct of what Red Skull did initially with Cobik

The whole reason the change was being done is cause Red Skull would never has done something like that. It to make sense of why Steve wanted to kill Red Skull and do away with his version of Hydra.

I hoping Mile Mores kills Captain Hydra
That would Redeem the ugh arc that he caused

You say that out of anger but that is going to come back into play later on.

BTW YyAoMmIi were you ever enjoying Steve Rogers Captain America.

Cause that is really the thing that will let u know if u will enjoy this .event or not.

Me and Tokoya have been enjoying all the build up Nick Spencer has been doing and are getting the pay off from reading it all.
if ur not or ur just jumping in (not that of u jump in u can't get some enjoyment) ur not going to like this event no matter what they do.

Legacy has been annouced
And u have a lot of Rebirth to read

Edited by secretzfan, Yesterday, 10:07 PM.

#2256 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,646 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:38 PM

You say that out of anger but that is going to come back into play later on.

BTW YyAoMmIi were you ever enjoying Steve Rogers Captain America.

Cause that is really the thing that will let u know if u will enjoy this .event or not.

Me and Tokoya have been enjoying all the build up Nick Spencer has been doing and are getting the pay off from reading it all.
if ur not or ur just jumping in (not that of u jump in u can't get some enjoyment) ur not going to like this event no matter what they do.

Legacy has been annouced
And u have a lot of Rebirth to read

Tbh, no. It was ok at first but too much philosophy build for me enjoy well.
Then how I main my recent complaint on Elise being totally random.

You made a good point on the whole thinking it fun like superior spiderman (which I did like)

Been up to date to all marvel event since standoff last year (well except Deadpool and punisher).

So build off to event is pretty fun in a way and has way better prelude then random cw2 (rather cw2 is a prelude to this event)

#2257 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:48 PM

Tbh, no. It was ok at first but too much philosophy build for me enjoy well.
Then how I main my recent complaint on Elise being totally random.

You made a good point on the whole thinking it fun like superior spiderman (which I did like)

Been up to date to all marvel event since standoff last year (well except Deadpool and punisher).

So build off to event is pretty fun in a way and has way better prelude then random cw2 (rather cw2 is a prelude to this event)

I see then. I think Elise was trying to built in the flashback segments. (Which were probably the most interesting reading in the Steve Rogers)

Hopefully as this event continues though it will get more enjoyable for you.

A lot of insanity seems like is about to go down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users