Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10691 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:57 PM

RessurXtion is literally the reason I still have some worries for Legacy. Beyond everyone's else's worries the better stories seem to be in X Men: Blue and Jean Grey.

The new Weapon X comic is pretty solid too if you ask me.....What they're doing with that storyline is pretty interesting and fun but I think that sales wise, it's going to backfire because now they made a brand new comic where the story is tieing into or continuing into (I'm not really sure) and at the same time, it's tieing into Cho's comic as well forcing you to have to buy that one too

But in other news......Dan Slott and a few critics saw Homecoming and so far as with WW, all I'm seeing is positivity (Check the MCU Reddit for all of the reactions as they come out)

And according to Charlie who also saw it, it has multiple post credits scenes too (He also talks about some more interesting things in regards to the future of this franchise too)

Edited by Tokoya, 25 June 2017 - 05:10 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2582 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:28 AM

Good legacy character - A character like Sam Wilson/Dick Grayson who knew the person they are replacing for a very, very, very long time. The are trusted by the person they are replacing to keep the legacy going strong.

Bad legacy character - Some character out of left field that nobody has heard of and was only created for what can be only PC SJW Tumblrina reasons.

Watched Logan movie the other day and here is the way too late review that I'm doing to do anyway-

Good - Showing what those claws can do to a person? 'bout dang time! Also Hugh and Patrick gave it their all in their final go as Logan/Xavier(I'm assuming this is the last time Patrick is playing Xavier?). Laura was also well done and a good choice. Very Noir in nature. The Blu-Ray does have the Logan Noir(movie in Black and White) version.

Bad - A lot of plot holes or things that weren't explained very well in the movie that should have been. Like how Logan's healing factor was continuously fighting 'metal poisoning'(which was verified in the comics) and that's the reason why his healing factor started to fail like it did(which never happened in the comics but that's okay for the movie). Also how much of Laura's skeleton was bonded with the adamantium? If she was full skeletal implanted then she's going to have some serious problems during her growth spurts into adulthood. Even if its just the claws there's still the matter of the claws not growing at the same rate as the rest of her body. Also the adamantium bullet. The bullet used in Logan must have been a much stronger caliber than the one used in Origin.

All in all its what a Wolverine movie should be like. Missed opportunity - Since FOX had the rights to Logan and he is as old as he is, they could have done a TV Series(FX Channel) based on his early life before the X-Men, Adamantium, and even before the name 'Logan'.

Posted Image

#2583 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:09 PM

Good legacy character - A character like Sam Wilson/Dick Grayson who knew the person they are replacing for a very, very, very long time. The are trusted by the person they are replacing to keep the legacy going strong.

Bad legacy character - Some character out of left field that nobody has heard of and was only created for what can be only PC SJW Tumblrina reasons.

But is Kamala and Miles in that same camp? Specifically  Kamala since she kinda was introduced later on

The new Weapon X comic is pretty solid too if you ask me.....What they're doing with that storyline is pretty interesting and fun but I think that sales wise, it's going to backfire because now they made a brand new comic where the story is tieing into or continuing into (I'm not really sure) and at the same time, it's tieing into Cho's comic as well forcing you to have to buy that one too

My thing isn't that Weapon X, Cable or X Men: Gold are bad. It more like when you consider that history of the X Men and how much love people have for them the books feel...sort of dry. I am not really just looking at the quality of the stories, but rather the overall feel RessuXtion gives off. I feel like X Men: Gold should have a lot more hype around it, and yet there isn't Same with most of the X Men books

But in other news......Dan Slott and a few critics saw Homecoming and so far as with WW, all I'm seeing is positivity (Check the MCU Reddit for all of the reactions as they come out)

And according to Charlie who also saw it, it has multiple post credits scenes too (He also talks about some more interesting things in regards to the future of this franchise too)

Watched Logan movie the other day and here is the way too late review that I'm doing to do anyway-

Good - Showing what those claws can do to a person? 'bout dang time! Also Hugh and Patrick gave it their all in their final go as Logan/Xavier(I'm assuming this is the last time Patrick is playing Xavier?). Laura was also well done and a good choice. Very Noir in nature. The Blu-Ray does have the Logan Noir(movie in Black and White) version.

Bad - A lot of plot holes or things that weren't explained very well in the movie that should have been. Like how Logan's healing factor was continuously fighting 'metal poisoning'(which was verified in the comics) and that's the reason why his healing factor started to fail like it did(which never happened in the comics but that's okay for the movie). Also how much of Laura's skeleton was bonded with the adamantium? If she was full skeletal implanted then she's going to have some serious problems during her growth spurts into adulthood. Even if its just the claws there's still the matter of the claws not growing at the same rate as the rest of her body. Also the adamantium bullet. The bullet used in Logan must have been a much stronger caliber than the one used in Origin.

All in all its what a Wolverine movie should be like. Missed opportunity - Since FOX had the rights to Logan and he is as old as he is, they could have done a TV Series(FX Channel) based on his early life before the X-Men, Adamantium, and even before the name 'Logan'.

Guys this isn't the movie thread or the MCU thread 

#2584 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10691 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:23 PM

FML

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2585 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5751 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:36 AM

Ok, so in terms of Spider-Man I have to disagree with you. One of the lasting appeals of Spiderman is the fact that despite being an iconic hero, he's always been an "everyman" character that deals with the regular issues a normal person would. By making him rich, it takes away from that and suddenly makes him closer to a Tony Stark/Bruce Wayne type. To me, that's never been Spider-Man. They could have given him a better, well paying job instead of making him rich.

As for Miles Morales, sadly I don't give a damn about him. Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Miles sort of is an example of everything that has gone wrong at Marvel.

In regards to BatxCat I have to say I have to disagree with how you envision things simply because I don't want to see her wasted in books just being in the panel just to remind readers "oh yeah! They're together." TBH, they could be married, in love but still often apart doing thier own things and I'd be fine. Because thier relationship can't be normal. Because they're not normal. With Batman's obsession and Catwoman's aloofness it wouldn't make sense for them to try and have a normal type relationship. Not to mention Catwoman is a far more hands on character than Mary Jane or Lois could ever be.

So even though I agree that her presence in his books would have to increase I disagree with how you think she could/should be used. In short if you're not going to really use Catwoman in a particular arc then don't show her. Little cameos are a waste for a character of her calibur.

The difference between us is that I don't think that Spider-Man being rich takes anything away from his consistently poor past. It's not as if all the years he spent poor or struggling to make ends meat have been erased. Rather, he's now doing exactly what Superior Spider-Man attempted to do and attempting to live up to his full potential, because a cornerstone of the character has almost always been that he's extremely intelligent and that he lets his own guilt, dating back to his Uncle Ben's death, keep him from capitalizing on that. Peter Parker is a genius, plain and simple. That's been acknowledged time and again. Therefore, there's really not any reason that he shouldn't have always been rich with an intellect like his and with the friends/resources he has access to. The "everyman" aspect of him is great. I love it and would never devalue it. I literally couldn't emphasize it's importance enough, but I also enjoy new ideas, especially when they're handled well. Peter attempting to use his intelligence to do more and attempting to do more with the wealth that comes from it has been a good change of pace, which definitely ties into Miles Morales being thrown into the 616 universe as a younger Spider-Man. And again, it honestly wouldn't make sense from a thematic standpoint to have Miles as a young Spider-Man and Peter then going through the same problems that he's been going through for decades now. As I pointed out in my post, they've already given him a stable home life/income once before, which wasn't grand in any way (High School Science Teacher), after which he went back to being poor. The poor angle is quite simply played out at this point. They can return to it whenever they want, but after 30+ years of that i'm not going to suddenly act as if it's killed the character to try something new. Having access to a company and money certainly adds another similarity to Tony Stark, but it doesn't make Peter a clone of him and the differences in how the two handle it are what makes the story interesting at all, just like how the differences between how Batman, Nightwing, and Robin handle their problems can make all 3 of them stand apart from one another, despite various similarities.

Peter Parker is Spider-Man. So is Miles Morales. Simple as that. Amadeus Cho Hulk and Jane Foster Thor are what's gone wrong at Marvel. Miles Morales isn't, which is one of many reasons that he's been received much better than the latter two.

When did I say that Bruce and Selina couldn't be apart doing their own things? Answer, I didn't. I said that they at least have to appear on panel together now and again doing random things that married people do, otherwise you'll have readers wondering why they're not doing said things, where one is all the time while the other's at home, and it'll be exactly the same as if they weren't married at all. If you're not going to actually change anything about the characters and how they're presented in their own stories despite them being married then there's no point in you having them be together at all, because it won't add anything. Little cameos are hardly a waste of a character and the idea that a character can't make them is silly and contradicts that basic strategy of shared comic books lol everyone from Superman to Booster Gold has made little cameos. It literally doesn't cost anything to have a scene in a story where Batman and Duke are investigating the Riddler that shows Catwoman in the background working on her motorcycle, especially when she still has her own series that depicts her doing major things in Gotham away from Bruce, AND you still have her making major appearances in Bruce's series as well. Little cameos are honestly exactly what you should be doing with comic couples in which both characters don't just appear in the same series. This isn't some all or nothing thing, which goes back to how I never said the two couldn't be apart (In fact, i'm pretty sure, without looking back at my original post, that I said they should both be shown doing major things). The best tactic is to do everything with them, from major appearances to minor ones.

But then you can run into the trouble sometimes with characters like Mosiac who are brand new and don't sell at all. 

I don't think it a lack of originality so much as the thought that if you give a character a new name the won't sell. 

I'd say it's a confirmed thought too, because new characters often don't sell well, whereas the characters who are connected to an older character via a name often do. The lack of sales for the new character without the connection leads to the series, even if its good and shows promise, being cancelled before it can really hit its stride and draw in a large, dedicated fanbase, while the new character with the connection manages to stick around to do the same based off the sales of those who are interested in the name/connection alone. Granted, there are exceptions to the rule, but Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz as Green Lanterns are statistically going to have a better chance than new guy John Remington with the power to hop between dimensions (Not real of course, just using an example lol). Quite a few people might complain about specific names/titles being used again and again, but the simple fact is that that's what people buy. Too many comic readers don't take risks and try out new titles. That's why you typically get new heroes being introduced in team series instead of through their own solos. I agree that the best anyone can really do is just buy what they want to buy and when it comes to Legacy Characters just read the stories and judge them on their own merits. Barry Allen and Jay Garrick might share the same basic abilities and code name, but the histories, thoughts, and actions of the characters within the stories allow them to stand out, which then serves to make them completely different as characters. To me, it just means that you need to ensure a Legacy Character has a really good writer to help him/her not just come off as a knockoff of the earlier character(s).

Edited by Ace1225, Yesterday, 12:41 AM.

• secretzfan likes this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#2586 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5751 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:18 PM

Been so busy focusing on real life that my reading of the fictional has been slacking. That's what days off are for though lol

Injustice 2

Spoiler

Green Arrow Issue #25

Spoiler

Aquaman Issue #25

Spoiler

Nightwing Issue #23

Spoiler

Flash

Spoiler

• Tokoya likes this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#2587 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2692 posts

Posted Today, 09:34 AM

For an average comic reader, when the heck is Blade in a marvel series?

Just saw him in one of the issues. 

#2588 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15619 posts

Posted Today, 10:44 AM

What Marvel characters really deal with the enemies that Blade does? Vampires, werewolves, zombies, and the like. Given his repertoire, Blade at times seems to be in a universe of his own.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2589 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2715 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted Today, 11:36 AM

For an average comic reader, when the heck is Blade in a marvel series?

Just saw him in one of the issues.

Blade exists in a part of the Marvel Universe that isn't particularly popular. There you'll find characters like Morbius The living Vampire, Werewolf by Night, The Nightstalkers and different incarnations of Ghost Rider. They rarely show up in comics.

4139c0ca-f053-40db-8794-a7ad05685299.jpg

"A Wise Man Can Learn More From A Foolish Question

Than A Foolish Man Can Learn From A Wise Answer." Questions?

Join the Legion of Ramen / My Fanfiction Account

Heaven & Earth: The NaruSaku FC

Spoiler A list of Ramen's Nicknames

Spoiler Favorite All-time Manga
  •  

• 0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users