#2782 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:23 PM

I've only just got caught up to Black Panther. I like that Storm is no longer the pariah and BP's sister's foreshadowing is setting up for some interesting events.

Im so behind on Black Panther it not even funny bruh.

It kinda hard when your just reading a issue then Coates runs you in with 3 paragraphs of dialogue on philosophy and ur just like..

da fudge am I reading.

I wanna catch up but I keep putting it off cause I just be looking at all these text and feel very..very..freaked out

Edited by secretzfan, 21 September 2017 - 01:23 PM.

#2783 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,870 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:44 PM

Im so behind on Black Panther it not even funny bruh.

You right. Not funny.

It kinda hard when your just reading a issue then Coates runs you in with 3 paragraphs of dialogue on philosophy and ur just like..
da fudge am I reading.

Given all the political and social upheaval in the story. It's to be expected. But I haven't minded it. In fact, I don't think I've really noticed it.

I wanna catch up but I keep putting it off cause I just be looking at all these text and feel very..very..freaked out

If I wanted to read, I'd get a book.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2784 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,827 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:01 PM

Hell Yeah!

fsa.gif

• Blue22 likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2785 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:47 PM

The dialogue or excessive paragraphs/contemplating of the navel is a common criticism i've come across as far as Coates run goes. Personally I don't mind it and i'd even say it's the type of thing i'd expect from a character like Black Panther. Then, of course, there's the nature of the plot, which features a monumental social and political uproar taking place in Wakanda after the events of Avengers vs X-Men, Infinity, and Secret War.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#2786 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:42 AM

The dialogue or excessive paragraphs/contemplating of the navel is a common criticism i've come across as far as Coates run goes. Personally I don't mind it and i'd even say it's the type of thing i'd expect from a character like Black Panther. Then, of course, there's the nature of the plot, which features a monumental social and political uproar taking place in Wakanda after the events of Avengers vs X-Men, Infinity, and Secret War.

Oh defiantly I get why it is like that. And I can't get too mad after all Im reading Sam Wilson and loving that book, but that still deals with a lot of political uproar that Sam has to deal with. 

I just think Coates you can kinda tell that he started off writing books before he did Black Panther. 

Anyway 

HYYYYPPEE!!!

Im so excited for Doomsday Clock already preordered my copy. 

• Ace1225 likes this

#2787 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,827 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:58 AM

Happy Batman/Harley Quinn Day to all!
  • Chillman likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users