2884 replies to this topic

#21 Blackody

Blackody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:03 AM

Sooo, does anyone here read Injustice Gods Among Us? I'm also a little disappointed with what i'm hearing about the New 52........

• secretzfan and fundapafNup like this
Spoiler Poor Hiruzen

#22 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:12 PM

Sooo, does anyone here read Injustice Gods Among Us?

Can't say that I have.

Though I read here an there, that it's a good series.

Or at least doesn't seem to get much bad criticism towards it.

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#23 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,931 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

I've read the 1st year. It's pretty good.

Sooo, does anyone here read Injustice Gods Among Us? I'm also a little disappointed with what i'm hearing about the New 52........

Actually, I'm enjoying Red Hood and Earth 2. Wonder Woman is a good read as well.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#24 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:40 PM

The New 52 was indeed a huge fuck up but there are some diamonds in the rough. I haven't read them myself but I hear the JLA is doing pretty good (Still a little upset about Cyborg being a founding member though). Batgirl was awesome before its re-reboot. And the Batman stories are still well written with a few hiccups here and there (I suggest Batman Eternal. Great story plus you're introduced to the newest Batfamily member, Harper Row aka Bluebird, and re-introduced to Stephanie Brown as Spoiler). I've also heard good things about Red Hood and the Outlaws despite its rocky start. Personally, I'm happy it's doing better. I always liked the idea of him having his own team since Robins and former Robins being the leader of teams was kinda/sorta a thing before the New 52 (Dick had the Titans and Tim had Young Justice. It's a shame Damian and Stephanie never had anything like that) Roy Harper seemed like a great choice for Red Hood's right hand man, but I'm still not sure how I feel about the new Starfire. I think they should have gone with Donna Troy since she had a bit of a history with Jason before the new 52. Starfire belongs with the Titans. Speaking of the Titans.....

Skip it. Just skip any Titans comic with "New 52" stamped on it. I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed I am with their run so far. Between completely erasing their history before the new 52, the dramatic changes in Bart, Beast Boy, and Cassie's characters/origins, and...whatever the fuck they did to Raven, there's absolutely no trace of anything relating to the old Titans or any of the stories and characters that you might have enjoyed (and if you were a fan of Young Justice then you're definitely gonna hate its treatment of Bart Allen, Conner Kent, and Cassie Sandsmark) Apparently their newer comics are taking some steps in the right direction but it doesn't matter. The damage has still been done.

• Blackody likes this

#25 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:48 PM

^Batwoman was apparently good too, until the creative team change.

From what I hear at least. Though I haven't seen anyone say much bad in regards to the newer an finishing issues. 

Well as far as I've seen at least lol.

• Blue22 likes this

#26 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:26 AM

I think they should have gone with Donna Troy since she had a bit of a history with Jason before the new 52.

About that though.

Since I know some have been wondering if she'll be in N-52 or not.

Well in case you haven't heard (since they haven't seem to go out of their way in announcing it, like with some other characters), she's back and has sort of made her debut in the New 52!

Spoiler

So yeah, there's that.  :lolxg:

Edited by Yuber, 31 December 2014 - 12:00 PM.

• Blue22 likes this

#27 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

......No amounts of "whaaaaat the fuck!?" can accurately describe my pain and confusion over what you just told me and what I just witnessed :wacko:

Edited by Blue22, 31 December 2014 - 12:27 PM.

• Narubi likes this

#28 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:35 PM

......No amounts of "whaaaaat the fuck!?" can accurately describe my pain and confusion over what you just told me and what I just witnessed :wacko:

Seems her new origins kinda takes after Diana's original (being made from Clay), mixed with a bit of her own (well one of them at least. That being the "Magical Doppelganger/Clone" of Diana).

But yeah, don't you just love this stuff  :laugh:

Oh yeah an Maxima is coming back or is back as well.

Appearing in the newer issues of Supergirl.

Though honestly. I'm not too bothered by this new origin for Donna.

I mean compared to the mess that was her origin(s) before, this isn't too bad.

Unlike Diana's, of which has for the longest time always been her made from clay, gifted life by the goddesses of Olympus, as well powers an attributes by those same goddesses.

To suddenly now ..... this Hercules meets Kratos crap.

So giving Donna a new an solid origin (so far at least), that ties into Diana's. Is good for a change.

Granted though, it's dark an all. But that seems to be their thing for New 52.

My only issue when reading up on this, is Diana herself.

Before she was the Amazon's princess/queen, their ambassador, and most of all their champion. An thus would be there for them, even when her mother was still ruling over Themyscira.

Now she's ... I dunno. But to just up an leave "her people" for other matters, is a really poor choice of character. An one I'm not a fan of.

Either way, I can't blame the Amazon or Amazons for doing what they did by creating Donna for their own sake.

Cause Diana is being such a cold bitch IMO, and nothing at all what Wonder Woman was an has been.

Edited by Yuber, 31 December 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#29 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:52 AM

Donna Troy's origin is still freaky, WTF inducing and confusing?  :huh:

I guess there are some things which even universe wide retcons can't change.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Kazekage, 01 January 2015 - 03:53 AM.

• Narubi and JDG973 like this

#30 Blackody

Blackody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:30 AM

Can't say that I have.

Though I read here an there, that it's a good series.

Or at least doesn't seem to get much bad criticism towards it.

Oh you should pick it up, it's great in my opinion. Some characters are underused but overall a lot of characters play a major role.

I've read the 1st year. It's pretty good.

Actually, I'm enjoying Red Hood and Earth 2. Wonder Woman is a good read as well.

I'm hearing Red Hood is pretty decent indeed. I haven't started it yet.
You should read the 2nd year which might well be the best. P.S prepare for a lot of deaths. 

The third year is currently at chapter 14.

The New 52 was indeed a huge fuck up but there are some diamonds in the rough. I haven't read them myself but I hear the JLA is doing pretty good (Still a little upset about Cyborg being a founding member though). Batgirl was awesome before its re-reboot. And the Batman stories are still well written with a few hiccups here and there (I suggest Batman Eternal. Great story plus you're introduced to the newest Batfamily member, Harper Row aka Bluebird, and re-introduced to Stephanie Brown as Spoiler). I've also heard good things about Red Hood and the Outlaws despite its rocky start. Personally, I'm happy it's doing better. I always liked the idea of him having his own team since Robins and former Robins being the leader of teams was kinda/sorta a thing before the New 52 (Dick had the Titans and Tim had Young Justice. It's a shame Damian and Stephanie never had anything like that) Roy Harper seemed like a great choice for Red Hood's right hand man, but I'm still not sure how I feel about the new Starfire. I think they should have gone with Donna Troy since she had a bit of a history with Jason before the new 52. Starfire belongs with the Titans. Speaking of the Titans.....

Skip it. Just skip any Titans comic with "New 52" stamped on it. I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed I am with their run so far.

Sad to hear this about the Teen Titans  :(.

Is anyone up to date with Injustice?

Spoiler Poor Hiruzen

#31 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

Oh you should pick it up, it's great in my opinion. Some characters are underused but overall a lot of characters play a major role.

Maybe ...

Right now though, I'm just trying to save my money and put some of it into purchasing other books/collections.

#32 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,931 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:12 PM

My only issue when reading up on this, is Diana herself.

Before she was the Amazon's princess/queen, their ambassador, and most of all their champion. An thus would be there for them, even when her mother was still ruling over Themyscira.

Now she's ... I dunno. But to just up an leave "her people" for other matters, is a really poor choice of character. An one I'm not a fan of.

Either way, I can't blame the Amazon or Amazons for doing what they did by creating Donna for their own sake.

Cause Diana is being such a cold bitch IMO, and nothing at all what Wonder Woman was an has been.

I'm thinking it's more of an origin story for Wonder Woman than anything else. She'll settle into her "original" role eventually. But now she can't juggle being: Queen, girlfriend, superhero, god, and aunt all at once. Something needs to give and that's her emotions. Because otherwise she'd probably have a meltdown of epic proportions. And showing that human side of her is pretty refreshing.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#33 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

Deadpool series to end this year, along with his own demise. Plus he get's hold of the ... Infinity Gauntlet???

#34 Damanos

Damanos

Owner of DEW's soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:27 AM

m14RRsu.jpg

This is the first I'd heard of this.

It's like some sort of arms race of political correctness between the companies now. 

TwjBrPX.png

#35 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:23 AM

She is a good character from what I have read. She has potential. The thing is; why name her Power Girl at all? She doesn't have that much of a connection to Power Girl and she is different enough that she should have a different code name. Maybe 'Mighty Girl'? It's not like PG is a huge draw that will bleed off into a spin off character. 

Also, this is clearly just a knee jerk reaction Marvel's female Thor and Falcon as Captain America (which in of itself was just for a quick cash grab and free publicity and not a real heartfelt at diversity). 

Funny how long standing actual black characters like Black Lightning are neglected. Why did DC even bother incorporating Milestone into their universe when they don't even bother to use them in their stories? Static Shock, Harward, Icon, Rocket.....all of them just gaining dust in limbo. 

Edited by Kazekage, 10 January 2015 - 10:25 AM.

• Narubi, JDG973 and Blue22 like this

#36 Damanos

Damanos

Owner of DEW's soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

She is a good character from what I have read. She has potential. The thing is; why name her Power Girl at all? She doesn't have that much of a connection to Power Girl and she is different enough that she should have a different code name. Maybe 'Mighty Girl'? It's not like PG is a huge draw that will bleed off into a spin off character. 

Also, this is clearly just a knee jerk reaction Marvel's female Thor and Falcon as Captain America (which in of itself was just for a quick cash grab and free publicity and not a real heartfelt at diversity). 

Funny how long standing actual black characters like Black Lightning are neglected. Why did DC even bother incorporating Milestone into their universe when they don't even bother to use them in their stories? Static Shock, Harward, Icon, Rocket.....all of them just gaining dust in limbo. 

That's my point, politically correct isn't bad.

It's just that things like this are hamfisted attempts to show off how PC they are without really trying.

If they want a more diverse cast, make new hero identities or utilize your minor ones like you said.  What they're doing is capitalizing on the popularity of a well known character to sell their new characters who come the fuck out of nowhere to usurp the role.  Thor sells comics.  A comic named "New chick with lightning powers" would not sell as well. 

Falcon is fine since he actually has a connection to Cap and has known him for years, it makes sense that Steve would choose him.  Meanwhile with Power Girl, it's apparently just "Oh by the way she said you could be Power Girl before she left, girl who hasn't existed in comics for an entire year."

I haven't read the new Ms Marvel, but from what I hear she seems fine.  I'm also perfectly okay with that because Marvel didn't just take the role away from Carol out of nowhere just so she could be replaced.

Edited by Damanos, 10 January 2015 - 10:42 AM.

• Kazekage, Narubi and Blue22 like this

TwjBrPX.png

#37 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

I'll give her this, her costume is a hell of a lot better than the original Power Girl

• Kazekage and Narubi like this

#38 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:47 PM

^Agreed

I'm liking the more functional an battle appropriate type wears, compared to the former types of wear.

#39 ramz91

ramz91

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMotorcity

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:28 PM

So is this most likely going to be like Wolverine's death, he'll get more interest until he's forgotten then he'll eventually brought back. Although Deadpool with the Infinity Gauntlet does sound interesting, what sort of chaos will he cause before dying, that and his 'relationship' with Death.

Sig%20Image_zpsum2gbm1a.jpg

Credit to the Red Opus for the awesome sig

Congratulations on reading this sentence that serves no other purpose besides distraction and by the way, you've just lost the game.

Also, Gowther is the Lust of my Life and Redline sucks ball bearings

Spoiler To find out why I had to add the second line to my sig, check link in the spoiler

Spoiler I wonder if people actually read what I put here

#40 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:38 PM

So....they're pulling off one major death right after another?...The fuck, Marvel? And this time it's a hero that I like. Oh well, he'll be back. Deaths in the Marvel universe are cheaper than in DC. That's right. Cheaper than a story where kids can be stabbed back to life with a rock :lol:

I wonder if they really are just doing this to characters they don't have the movie rights to. Calling it now, Death of the Fantastic Four is next :P

And while we're on the subject of comic book deaths, does anyone else hate when a death or resurrection is advertised waaaay before it actually happens? I know it's to boost sales but that kinda ruins the book for me.

Edited by Blue22, 12 January 2015 - 01:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users