• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:03 PM

Previous Thread

hancock_by_inano2009-d31kehl.png

Last few posts;

He was scared of Fuji's attack. The only reason he even dared to kick him was because he knew Fuji wouldn't touch him. 

Aokiji used a different attack against DD than he used against WB. Also most likely weaker than against Jozu, since against Jozu he touched him, and against DD he didn't. Fact is, DD was frozen for long enough for his underlings to cry for him. You know what that time could've been used for? Aokiji kicking him in the chest and breaking him apart.

The question should be: 'how the fuck did I miss such vital pieces of information?'

1.He wasn't scared of Fuji's attack he was caught off guard that he attacked him at all

2. He already got attacked by Fuji earlier so he definitely didn't think his Shichibukai status would keep him from being attacked by Fuji. He was making Fuji choose his stance right than and there forcing him to either fight him or back off and hope he gets defeated.

4. He instigated a former Admiral to attack him who has no obligation to hold back on him due to any duty.

3. Aokiji was on the offensive trying to stop DD's offense on Smoker. A chain of actions providing DD no defense towards Aokiji's attack, this portrayal doesn't show that Aokiji is above DD in the slightest. Unless Aokiji is Squardo level

Okay, so? Granted, the only reason why Goku took Chichi's offer up was because he misunderstood what marriage is but that doesn't change that however misguided, it was invariably linked with his stomach. Simply because Luffy understands what conventional marriage is doesn't mean that if they were to get married, it would be because of conventional reasons. Like I mentioned before, he's (or rather Oda's) already subverted the selfless nature of one concept -- what's stopping him doing so again?

You're assuming that her perception of him would be damaged if he didn't demonstrate having romantic feelings for her, which I sincerely doubt – simply being married to him could suffice to her. We have to look at this from Hancock's point of view, considering how we – or anyone else – would feel in that position isn't the focus . As for how he would develop feelings for her with “nothing to offer him”, I'm not sure to be honest and that's ultimately why I'm not a big shipper of this pairing...but if he had to end up with someone, I can only imagine it to be Hancock.

Of course not, but that's because murdering his nakama and abandoning piracy would directly contradict who he is as a character and everything he's done up till now. Oda has time and again demonstrated that Luffy would rather give up his own life than commit these acts, but can you truly say the same of going into marriage with a selfish intention initially. Even in similar scenarios, what tends to be the case is that other people usually gain more from his selfish acts than he does – he went to great lengths to help each SH because he stubbornly decided that they would be a part of his crew; thanks to his persistence, he gave them the opportunity to eventually realise their dream. In the long run, Hancock would have more to gain from marrying him than he would, given how highly she values it – having his children would probably be the icing on the grand cake. As for your question, personally I would but what I want and what will realistically happen are two separate things; how probable is it really for him to develop romantic feelings prior to marrying any of the OP girls?

Why do you think marriage would completely reshape his life? You make it seem like he would be forced to stay in one place and give up a considerable amount; were Yasopp and Roger forced to abandon the “call of the pirate flag” because of these marital responsibilities? In all likelihood, Luffy would probably continue to sail the seas and bask in absolute freedom – a level that only the Pirate King can enjoy. That was the whole reason behind the dream; he wasn't motivated by fame or fortune but rather the freedom that came with the status. Finally achieving that dream doesn't put an end to his journey, but a start to a new one however cliché that sounds. Even if Luffy were to marry Hancock, it wouldn't necessarily bind him and their relationship wouldn't necessarily have to be built on constant contact. Whose to say whether Hancock wouldn't be perfectly content?

Marriage might be a lifelong commitment, but Luffy has made huge commitments in the past with far less difficulty than the average person. It's not like I'm saying that Hancock would offer him one piece of meat, considering she's already done more than that and was flat out rejected. However, what if she were to give him a mountain of meat? Would he turn it down when it's right in front of him? This is not to say that it would be his only reason for doing it – it could also be a combination of valuing her, feeling indebted and a spur of the moment. I personally feel like food (especially meat) would be a strong part of the equation though, in light of how much he values it.

The Mihawk is not Yonkrial debate as reached forth it's hands into the territory of amazon lilly's pirate princess, no where is safe lol

it does not seem like mihawk has any interest in being a pirate these days tho, he just sits in his castle drinking tea...

He's exhibiting aizen symptoms

Maybe he has a crew of 10 swordsman he's recruited from all over the world  :aww:  :aww:  :aww:  :aww:

and they are just waiting to steal the hyogokyu..i..mean...one piece...

Edited by Petite Fleur, 23 December 2014 - 11:25 PM.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#2 detharos

detharos

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:16 PM

Preach it Sloan brotha'

Dathaulsig_zps76be345f.jpg

#3 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Location#T.Dot #416 #905 #ScarTown #PK #KnM #6 #GTA #DonQuixote

User's Awards

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:35 PM

Ya'll ready know #416 #Scartown

2pyaix0.jpg

#4 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:45 AM

1.He wasn't scared of Fuji's attack he was caught off guard that he attacked him at all

2. He already got attacked by Fuji earlier so he definitely didn't think his Shichibukai status would keep him from being attacked by Fuji. He was making Fuji choose his stance right than and there forcing him to either fight him or back off and hope he gets defeated.

4. He instigated a former Admiral to attack him who has no obligation to hold back on him due to any duty.

3. Aokiji was on the offensive trying to stop DD's offense on Smoker. A chain of actions providing DD no defense towards Aokiji's attack, this portrayal doesn't show that Aokiji is above DD in the slightest. Unless Aokiji is Squardo level

1. So what's with the scared face? The other time I remember him doing a face like that was... when Law threatened to make Kaidou kill DD.

2. First, attacking someone doesn't put you on their level, AKA Marco/ MF Luffy. Second, he got "attacked" by Fuji. And then he was helped by Fuji. And then they had a talk where Fuji said he wouldn't do anything against DD.

4. Please, Aokiji only did anything to protect Smoker. What I saw, was DD not having time to lower his arm before he got completely frozen. What I saw was a panting DD, scared underlings and a chill as fuck Aokiji. 

3. DD didn't defend. He also didn't have time to do so even if he tried. If you don't have time to move your hand downwards, you don't have time to defend against an attack either.

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#5 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,535 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:18 AM

1. So what's with the scared face? The other time I remember him doing a face like that was... when Law threatened to make Kaidou kill DD.

2. First, attacking someone doesn't put you on their level, AKA Marco/ MF Luffy. Second, he got "attacked" by Fuji. And then he was helped by Fuji. And then they had a talk where Fuji said he wouldn't do anything against DD.

4. Please, Aokiji only did anything to protect Smoker. What I saw, was DD not having time to lower his arm before he got completely frozen. What I saw was a panting DD, scared underlings and a chill as fuck Aokiji. 

3. DD didn't defend. He also didn't have time to do so even if he tried. If you don't have time to move your hand downwards, you don't have time to defend against an attack either.

DD's thread

Edited by Fulmine, 24 December 2014 - 08:21 AM.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#6 darthfury78

darthfury78

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:06 PM

I doubt that Hancock vs Big Mum will happen. Hancock might appear later in a cameo like Vivi.

FOREHEARDDDDDDDDDDD.png

#7 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:26 PM

I doubt that Hancock vs Big Mum will happen. Hancock might appear later in a cameo like Vivi.

Just a cameo? Nah I'm sure we will see hancock turning people to stone in the NW

#8 Rifle

Rifle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • Locationgone

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:40 PM

Boa would get crushed by Big Mom. Mom might find her to look tasty but she won't find her pretty. I would love to see that though. It would be the equivalent of DD Vs Kaido. Fun.  :aww:

#9 darthfury78

darthfury78

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:52 PM

Just a cameo? Nah I'm sure we will see hancock turning people to stone in the NW

If it involves Luffy, Hancock might show up. But I really do not see a reason for Hancock to show up anymore than Vivi would. Hancock even knows that any association with Luffy and his crew would mean that her Shichibukai status would be revoked like Law's. And she can't afford to see Amazon Lily destroyed if her relationship with Luffy was known to the World Government.

#10 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:06 PM

As if that has stopped her in the past
  • Petite Fleur, Furinji Saiga, Kazekage and 1 other like this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#11 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,535 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:43 PM

you're talking about a seemingly passionate Hancock fan who actually does not remember any damn thing about the character he/she likes so...

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#12 detharos

detharos

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:35 PM

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/Sy...

Ugh, that neck. Too skinny. Although Oda's done worse, I'm sure I remember a Nami panel somewhere with the middle of her "hourglass figure" being comparable in width to her neck.

Edited by detharos, 24 December 2014 - 10:36 PM.

Dathaulsig_zps76be345f.jpg

#13 Synergy

Synergy

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:35 AM

She could follow Luffy in a disguise

• Petite Fleur likes this

The unbreakable Law, the man who cannot die until chapter 2048

Next nakama

Spoiler

#14 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:31 AM

She could follow Luffy in a disguise

But it has to be obvious so Luffy knows it's her.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#15 Qbix

Qbix

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationRobin's lap

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:02 PM

Hancock should get more screentime fighting, it's rare that females in One Piece are strong and still good looking.

• AndrewR5D4 likes this

#16 Synergy

Synergy

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:50 PM

But it has to be obvious so Luffy knows it's her.

Are you sure? He doesn't recognize Usopp as Sogeking.

The disguise should be more for the WG, she gets a new Bounty as a whole new pirate. So she could join the SHP and for WG Boa Hancock still exists as a Shichibukai

Next nakama

Spoiler

#17 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:40 PM

Are you sure? He doesn't recognize Usopp as Sogeking.

The disguise should be more for the WG, she gets a new Bounty as a whole new pirate. So she could join the SHP and for WG Boa Hancock still exists as a Shichibukai

Yeah, she could get a nose job and a tan and pose as Robin's long-lost sister. :P  

#18 darthfury78

darthfury78

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:46 PM

Yeah, she could get a nose job and a tan and pose as Robin's long-lost sister. :P

I personally do not think that Hancock will ever join the Straw Hats. After all, she is ruler of Amazon Lily and a Pirate Warlord. The Kuja Pirates will only appear if they venture into the New World, which is not likely to happen anytime soon. The closet we might see Hancock is during the Warlords meeting concerning the Straw Hats.

#19 Synergy

Synergy

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:40 AM

Yep, but I would love it to see her with blonde hair as a long lost daughter from Ray :lol:

Next nakama

Spoiler

#20 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Location#T.Dot #416 #905 #ScarTown #PK #KnM #6 #GTA #DonQuixote

User's Awards

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:52 AM

I personally do not think that Hancock will ever join the Straw Hats. After all, she is ruler of Amazon Lily and a Pirate Warlord. The Kuja Pirates will only appear if they venture into the New World, which is not likely to happen anytime soon. The closet we might see Hancock is during the Warlords meeting concerning the Straw Hats.

Marine HQ is now located in the NW which may mean the Shichi are also more relevant there too.

2pyaix0.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users