#41 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:51 PM

Stop trolling pls, we have 2015.

I'm not though, she did not prove her Haki at a good enough level to have such expectations. What feats does she have under her belt ? She can break stone with her kicks and is superior to her Haki user sisters that had their CoA broken by pre ts Luffy. That's pretty lousy in terms of what she guarantees. How much beyond that she goes it's questionable but saying she has "high mastery of CoA" by NW standards and saying she might be able to deflect Magma fists from the current Fleet Admiral the way Rayleigh deflected a charge from a random GL elephant beast can only be taken as an attempt at humour.

Edited by Sanji, 01 January 2015 - 12:52 PM.

• Enbima likes this

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#42 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

Hancock's beauty transcends the human eye and pierces through the soul of the blind.

Well played. I was about to call Sebastian.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#43 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:48 PM

I'm not though, she did not prove her Haki at a good enough level to have such expectations. What feats does she have under her belt ? She can break stone with her kicks and is superior to her Haki user sisters that had their CoA broken by pre ts Luffy. That's pretty lousy in terms of what she guarantees. How much beyond that she goes it's questionable but saying she has "high mastery of CoA" by NW standards and saying she might be able to deflect Magma fists from the current Fleet Admiral the way Rayleigh deflected a charge from a random GL elephant beast can only be taken as an attempt at humour.

Her abilities can passively fodderize VA's, so what haki has an admiral shown to be capable of taking on Hancock?

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#44 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:59 PM

From what I've seen from Boa so far she has bigger chances than any of the SHs. 

Everyone knows that.

I wouldn't even be mad if Oda pulls her as a plot device in order to defeat DD singlehandedly. Ok maybe I would. But not for long. 3x

Ok...

Her abilities can passively fodderize VA's, so what haki has an admiral shown to be capable of taking on Hancock?

seemed quite active for me against Momonga.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#45 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:17 PM

seemed quite active for me against Momonga.

What about it made it an active effort in your opinion? 3:

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#46 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

Her ability made a VA be cautios and act preventively against it. At the end of the day she did not actually defeat any VA, just seemed to have superiority in overall portrayal over one of them. That could be said about Bartolomeo as well, or Law, or Sabo, all different VA's so where exactly does that put miss Hancock ? At a level where she can kick away magma fists with her invisible CoA ? Because that's what i was disapproving with the post that you quoted. She did not prove her Haki or physical strength at a level that would impress at this point in the story, so she only relies on her ability to be formidable on paper based simply on the fact that we are not sure how a vast array of characters would match against it. Is she really much more than a glorified Joa in that sense at this point ?

Edited by Sanji, 01 January 2015 - 05:22 PM.

xGzqj0x.gif

#47 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:26 PM

Her ability made a VA be cautios and act preventively against it. At the end of the day she did not actually defeat any VA, just seemed to have superiority in overall portrayal over one of them. That could be said about Bartolomeo as well, or Law, or Sabo, all different VA's so where exactly does that put miss Hancock ? At a level where she can kick away magma fists with her invisible CoA ? Because that's what i was disaproving with the post that you quoted. She did not prove her Haki or physical strength at a level that would impress at this point in the story, so she only relies on her ability to be formidable on paper based simply on the fact that we are not sure how a vast array of characters would match against it. Is she really much more than a glorified Joa in that sense at this point ?

Deflecting.

so what haki has an admiral shown to be capable of taking on Hancock?

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#48 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

Deflecting.

Or Joa. I agree that both would face an admiral with similar success because we have no idea how abilities such as theirs will interact with Haki once it's actually developed from the basics in the 40 % content we have yet to see from the manga according to Oda.

xGzqj0x.gif

#49 Synergy

Synergy

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

Deflecting.

maybe he could the macarena number again

The unbreakable Law, the man who cannot die until chapter 2048

Next nakama

Spoiler

#50 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:18 PM

All of the admirals showed haki good enough to take on Hancock. Akainu vs Shanks proved it. Aokiji vs Akainu proves his was on the same level. Kizaru vs Rayleigh

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#51 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

All of the admirals showed haki good enough to take on Hancock. Akainu vs Shanks proved it. Aokiji vs Akainu proves his was on the same level. Kizaru vs Rayleigh

When and where did they show haki good enough? 3:

Akainu proved Shanks has good enough haki to block Akainu, not vice versa.

Kizaru vs. Rayleigh showed Rayleigh having haki enough to cut Kizaru, it didn't show anything for Kizaru's haki.

Akainu vs. Kuzan doesn't show anything for either of them.

• Sauron and Qbix like this

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#52 Qbix

Qbix

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationRobin's lap

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:05 PM

Oh well. Boa's devil fruit is basically pretty hax already. It should be the Petrify no Mi rather with the love stuff as a bonus, since she is able to turn the areas the touches/kicks into stone, totally unrelated to the target having fallen in love or showing signs of affection towards her. Of course, one could argue that even in a battle scenario her opponents may still have perverted thoughts in mind which in turn enables Hancock to make them crumble, but that is still a big question mark.

What remains is a power able to take out masses of fodder in an instant and to effectively damage every opponent easily no matter if they have armor or not. Momonga widthstood her powers, which greatly affected him as well and redered him useless if you remember, only by deliberately hurting himself. Every male character except psychopaths like Doflamingo and entirely naive guys like Luffy (although I think Luffy is the only one in the whole One Piece universe who reacts this way) will be affected by Boa's powers no matter if he wants or not. And if the choice is between losing focus on battling her on one hand and hurting oneself on the other I would say she is a pretty powerful beast.

In addition, her haki has been portrayed as more like an aura which the Admirals also showed during the Marineford Arc. It is still unclear to me if Oda did that deliberately or if he just decided that he needs to portrait haki as black coating now to make things more obvious. The fact remains that Boa Hancock has proven to possess the necessary tools to deal with Logia users, Pacifistas, Vice Admirals and masses of fodder without even breaking a sweat. Therefore it is only natural to assume that given the necessary motivation, she would definitely be able to hold her ground against an Admiral. To which extent the Admirals will be affected by the love-focused side of her devil fruit I can only speculate about, yet the fact remains that she has powerful haki, incredible physical prowess and petrifying abilities that will help her even more against Logia users who underestimate her.

The only uncertain thing about her abilities is the question about her CoO abilities and her speed. Given the fact that Akainu and Fujitora  seem to be fighting like bulldozers the only known Marine ranking higher than Vice Admiral who could prove to be a problem for her would be Kizaru, who I don't expect to take the fight serious enough but whatever.

Many of my points are of course based on extrapolation of known facts. In my opinion Boa could as well be one of the four Yonkous replacing Big Mom, although I can only really make that assumption after seing Big Mom in action and what actually defines her as Emperor.

Edited by Qbix, 01 January 2015 - 08:08 PM.

#53 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:25 PM

Oh well. Boa's devil fruit is basically pretty hax already. It should be the Petrify no Mi rather with the love stuff as a bonus, since she is able to turn the areas the touches/kicks into stone, totally unrelated to the target having fallen in love or showing signs of affection towards her. Of course, one could argue that even in a battle scenario her opponents may still have perverted thoughts in mind which in turn enables Hancock to make them crumble, but that is still a big question mark.

What remains is a power able to take out masses of fodder in an instant and to effectively damage every opponent easily no matter if they have armor or not. Momonga widthstood her powers, which greatly affected him as well and redered him useless if you remember, only by deliberately hurting himself. Every male character except psychopaths like Doflamingo and entirely naive guys like Luffy (although I think Luffy is the only one in the whole One Piece universe who reacts this way) will be affected by Boa's powers no matter if he wants or not. And if the choice is between losing focus on battling her on one hand and hurting oneself on the other I would say she is a pretty powerful beast.

In addition, her haki has been portrayed as more like an aura which the Admirals also showed during the Marineford Arc. It is still unclear to me if Oda did that deliberately or if he just decided that he needs to portrait haki as black coating now to make things more obvious. The fact remains that Boa Hancock has proven to possess the necessary tools to deal with Logia users, Pacifistas, Vice Admirals and masses of fodder without even breaking a sweat. Therefore it is only natural to assume that given the necessary motivation, she would definitely be able to hold her ground against an Admiral. To which extent the Admirals will be affected by the love-focused side of her devil fruit I can only speculate about, yet the fact remains that she has powerful haki, incredible physical prowess and petrifying abilities that will help her even more against Logia users who underestimate her.

The only uncertain thing about her abilities is the question about her CoO abilities and her speed. Given the fact that Akainu and Fujitora  seem to be fighting like bulldozers the only known Marine ranking higher than Vice Admiral who could prove to be a problem for her would be Kizaru, who I don't expect to take the fight serious enough but whatever.

Many of my points are of course based on extrapolation of known facts. In my opinion Boa could as well be one of the four Yonkous replacing Big Mom, although I can only really make that assumption after seing Big Mom in action and what actually defines her as Emperor.

Her power was effective to a certain extent against a certain Vice Admiral. Characters such as Bartolomeo, Law or Sabo handled various Vice Admirals as well, some with relative ease and up to actual defeating them. She has Hax on her side, like Perona does, like Joa does. That doesn't mean that Oda will leave them as loose cannons once the Haki is actually properly developed by the SH's to the same level as the Admirals and explained accordingly in relation to such abilities.

We know she has the invisible CoA. The one that her sisters have, the one that Sai's brother Boo has, the one Tashigi has, the one that Sentomaru had before the time skip already, etc. For as much as we know that's the most basic form of Armament. That doesn't make her special in any way, on the contrary she's as vanilla as it gets.

There are a bunch of questions that need an answer to understand where she stands strength wise. What are her physical attributes ? She can break stone with her kicks, that's about as much as we know. We can give her the benefit of the doubt to be superior to her sisters, but that's nothing impressive. Her speed, destructive power, tanking ability, stamina and Haki mastery on all fronts are all big question marks.

Edited by Sanji, 01 January 2015 - 08:27 PM.

xGzqj0x.gif

#54 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:02 PM

Her Devil Fruit's ability to petrify inanimate objects without the beam is pretty cool in itself, which definitely makes her the best fighter against Pacifista and the natural enemy of people who rely on weapons. I would say that of the Shichibukai, we know the least about Hancock's potential power than any of the others...

This is not counting the Seventh unnamed Shichibukai that was appointed during the time-skip. Still, the fact that he slaughtered an entire crew of Marines, sliced off Admiral Zephyr's arm, and left him screaming on the ground amidst the pile of corpses sort of speaks for itself.

Edited by AndrewR5D4, 01 January 2015 - 09:08 PM.

#55 darthfury78

darthfury78

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:51 PM

Her Devil Fruit's ability to petrify inanimate objects without the beam is pretty cool in itself, which definitely makes her the best fighter against Pacifista and the natural enemy of people who rely on weapons. I would say that of the Shichibukai, we know the least about Hancock's potential power than any of the others...

This is not counting the Seventh unnamed Shichibukai that was appointed during the time-skip. Still, the fact that he slaughtered an entire crew of Marines, sliced off Admiral Zephyr's arm, and left him screaming on the ground amidst the pile of corpses sort of speaks for itself.

How would she fair against Akainu's lava attacks without getting injured by him? If he goes after her, he'll ruin her good looks by scaring her.

#56 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:21 PM

totally unrelated to the target having fallen in love or showing signs of affection towards her.

Not exactly. She's basically Medusa.

Medusa was incredibly beautiful, mind you not in the original story, and was cursed with ugliness later on. It's basically her thematic premise, although done loosely. Medusa was beautiful, but turned so ugly that those who gazed upon her would turn to stone.

Most accurately, she should have the Medusa no Mi.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#57 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,631 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:24 AM

She petrifies even cannonball...maybe Oda will brush that off with ''you know, she's too beautiful that even such objects have perverted thoughts despite being...inanimate objects'' which is fair enough given this is manga and One Piece the overhumorized series no less LOL

In any case, still waiting to see how powerful she can be (aside from the lust thing cause I don't think high-tiers can be affected by that, at least not in battle time). So far her feat is...meh...unquantifiable...

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#58 Synergy

Synergy

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:01 AM

that is not canon until Oda uses it in the manga

The unbreakable Law, the man who cannot die until chapter 2048

Next nakama

Spoiler

#59 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,631 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:44 AM

It's canon cause Oda confirms it...

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#60 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:08 AM

Oda created the character to be canon. He just hasn't introduced said character yet.

• Miss Coquine likes this

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users