• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#141 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:33 AM

He was already super weakened after all the tragedies. He was like a Yonkou Commander I would say. He fought Kizaru for a while but got desperate soon and resorted to that explosive substance.

He was very weakened from everything that happened to him (will power = Haki) so his main weapon was a lot weaker than in his prime. Also, he was older than Garp and WB if I'm not mistaken. Oda said in an SBS that the only reason Luffy could fight him was that he was an ex-admiral, not a current admiral.

The funny thing is i haven't watched the movie... :P  But what i mean is... you can make any kind of explanation like "he isn't at his prime", but i still... don't see luffy defeating an ex-admiral, it's not like that much time has passed, i don't know, i just don't like to mess with those things. The manga itself has a weird power-level classification, messing with it adding characters which sometimes are cannon, someties not, sometimes the chair they broke is cannon but they aren't... it just messes thing up to me  :shrug:

I hear you, that isn't a flaw that is a common reaction to those lame movies. they suck.

luffy beat the golden lion? ya right...... that man was insane, he fought garp and sengoku in his prime. "he was old and sick" ya ok, unlike the manga characters movie characters have the unique ability to become weaker with age...... WB was still the strongest..... admirals are old as hell..... but zypher? nope that is too old, he is a weakling now.

that and also their powers are stupid....there was even a water logia that they put in a bottle...... my general stance on logia is if they can not get out of a bottle/barrel they are worthless and should of never been made in the first place....

That's exactly my point!! I mean... WB wasn't at his prime, was incredibly sick, and a lot of things happened, one of his "sons" was going to be executed, even an ally attacked him, and you know... willpower=haki and alll that crap. And a lot of years have passed since he was in his prime, but he was still a monster!! I mean...  :shakefist:

And you forgot another one: They waste interesting DF powers sometimes (which is a reason to hate the anime for me), or make a new DF appearing in the manga look like a copy of an anime one... i hate that... (maybe that's why they use stupid powers sometimes, to make sure that doesnt happen? :huh: )

Not to mention Zephyr's battle with Luffy isn't canon, just his history in the Marines. 

I don't like that either... I mean, make it canon, or don't do it, but mixing non-canon and canon just makes it even more confussing... :glare:

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#142 Fleet

Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:39 AM

I don't like that either... I mean, make it canon, or don't do it, but mixing non-canon and canon just makes it even more confussing... :glare:

When it comes to Shiki and Z's canonicity, I just like to think that in the manga, the SH's weren't there to stop Shiki's ship hitting the storm or to pick up Z. And because of that they both died. Backgrounds still canon, resolves the fact that in the manga Shiki is floating around above the GL not doing anything.

#143 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:36 AM

an ex-admiral

So you know it's ''ex''. Then what's the problem?

it's not like that much time has passed

What? Do you actually read his history?

That's exactly my point!! I mean... WB wasn't at his prime, was incredibly sick, and a lot of things happened, one of his "sons" was going to be executed, even an ally attacked him, and you know... willpower=haki and alll that crap. And a lot of years have passed since he was in his prime, but he was still a monster!! I mean... :shakefist:

WB is WB. Z is Z. 2 different people. And yeah, Ace was going to be executed, not that he died yet. Z got his whole family murdered...

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#144 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:29 PM

Happy international women's day. I'm using this as an excuse to profess my love for my fave amazonian and misandrist that loves only Luffy. She truly is my spirit animal. 

A multifaceted queen ? A loving wife to be ? A little girl at heart ? A crazy mofo ? A woman. My woman  :wub:  :aww:  

e179de8736737473e31a3168e68ba6a9--art-il

tumblr_nvaqagnVo21sxjffao1_1280.jpg

Also can't pass this opportuniy to promote my crack ship ! 

Spoiler

• Furinji Saiga and capu like this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#145 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,002 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:41 PM

Happy international women's day. I'm using this as an excuse to profess my love for my fave amazonian and misandrist that loves only Luffy. She truly is my spirit animal. 

A multifaceted queen ? A loving wife to be ? A little girl at heart ? A crazy mofo ? A woman. My woman  :wub:  :aww:  

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/e1/79/de/e179d...

http://78.media.tumblr.com/67b642c00d908...

Also can't pass this opportuniy to promote my crack ship ! 

oh my, havent seen that one.   :wub:

I really hope their is a connection between Hancock and Mihawk, their children would look so perfect. 

tumblr_nig86fS0x51u6www0o1_1280.pngtumblr_nvecpbMSxs1txu0r4o1_1280.png

Edited by Furinji Saiga, 08 March 2018 - 04:50 PM.

• Miss Coquine and capu like this

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#146 darthfury78

darthfury78

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 12:59 AM

oh my, havent seen that one.   :wub:

I really hope their is a connection between Hancock and Mihawk, their children would look so perfect. 

You should check out the following:

she_is_mine_by_kaset218-d3alpwh.jpgmihawk_and_hancock_by_pumpkinlady-d85da1tumblr_n6dw99VBFx1tc8vw6o4_500.pngtumblr_n6dw99VBFx1tc8vw6o3_500.jpgtumblr_n6dw99VBFx1tc8vw6o1_500.jpg

#147 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:08 AM

I think Oda has been shipping Mihawk with Perona for a long time...

mihawk_and_perona_reading_the_newspaper_

478216f8db3ee88f64f0e4d1741c5ccb--dbz-ma

perona_x_mihawk__by_niroushu_tikku-d5z5q

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 10 March 2018 - 11:08 AM.

#148 darthfury78

darthfury78

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:19 PM

I agree. Perona dream was to live in a spooky castle. She got her wish. Hancock's dream is to be Luffy's wife.

#149 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:40 AM

If the Shichibukai system is successfully dismantled, it would result in the termination of truce with the World Government. Of that is the case, it begs to question whether Amazon Lily would be immediately slated for a Buster Call. 

• Chillman likes this

#150 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:45 PM

If the Shichibukai system is successfully dismantled, it would result in the termination of truce with the World Government. Of that is the case, it begs to question whether Amazon Lily would be immediately slated for a Buster Call. 

They are in the belt, so probably not as long as they don't chalange WG directly.

#151 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 05:41 PM

I definitely want this to happen ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#152 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:45 PM

Nah, the WG attack the pirates, not the country they are from. So if Hancock leaves and Amazon Lily affiliate with WG, they would be fine. Like Cavendish.

#153 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:42 AM

Ya the wg is a little unclear about this. When DD left the warlords the threat was that the admirals would come after him. And right on cue aokiji told smoker to tell akainu to send the admirals, and thus akainu sent fuji to deal with DD.

So it is possible fuji, the perfect counter to hancock, goes to kill her. But idk if a whole buster call goes.

Although, dr was a member of the wg. Amazon lily may be the eqivlent of kidd's bace.... of course the wg sends a whole buster call there.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#154 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:46 AM

I wonder if Hancock can take Ryokugyu LOL

• captain kidd likes this

#155 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:37 AM

I wonder if Hancock can take Ryokugyu LOL

Ryo "before i kill you do you have any last words?"
Hancock "is that you stomach? You sound so hungry! May i feed you while saying 'hmmmmm'?"
Ryo "oh....my god.... yes please!!! Its been 3 years!!!!"

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#156 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:07 AM

Buster call wouldn't be enough. They'd have to send an admiral

Hancock isn't particularly dangerous either, so it's not like DD's situation.

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#157 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,311 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:30 PM

I definitely want this to happen ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

yeah right

Nami would fall instantly in love with Hancock

anyways Nami's dialoge got me thinking if Alvida and Hancock would ever meet.

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users