Photo

The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra (Part 14)

• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Book of Avatar Series! (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Book for The Last Airbender?

1. Book 1: Water (1 votes [2.38%])

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

2. Book 2: Earth (13 votes [30.95%])

Percentage of vote: 30.95%

3. Book 3: Fire (28 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Best Book for Legend of Korra?

1. Book 1: Air (1 votes [2.38%])

2. Book 2: Spirits (1 votes [2.38%])

3. Book 3: Change (30 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

4. Book 4: Balance (10 votes [23.81%])

Percentage of vote: 23.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#241 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,727 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 04:25 PM

Yeah I'll admit defeat on the Zaheer thing, I clearly remembered wrong lol

Edited by Blue22, 23 March 2020 - 04:50 PM.

#242 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:56 AM

@Blue22 @FongSwei69

All these people have had how many years with their bending compared to Zaheer? Kya’s showing wasn’t all that impressive. Tenzin def stomped him as he should of . If zaheer has the same amount of air bending training tenzin had , and for the same length of time , would of produced a much different outcome.
  • YoWid likes this

#243 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 01 April 2020 - 03:35 AM

All these people have had how many years with their bending compared to Zaheer? Kya’s showing wasn’t all that impressive. Tenzin def stomped him as he should of . If zaheer has the same amount of air bending training tenzin had , and for the same length of time , would of produced a much different outcome.

Late reply (lost my internet service for over a week): Not necessarily. Two people can train just as hard for the same amount of time and still not be equal in terms of ability. It'd be like saying if Opal trained as long as Jinora, that Opal's skill level would be equal to Jinora's. The determing factor wouldn't be time spent training, it'd be whether or not Opal had the same talent(s) and potential as Jinora, who's a child prodigy. A prodigy who surpassed her father's ability at only 11 years old. If an 11 year old can outclass an adult airbending master, that's proof enough that time alone wouldn't necessarily improve Zaheer's chances against Tenzin.

Also:

Kya's showing against Zaheer was very impressive, to say she's a healer. If you need further proof, browse the comments section of that vid and you'll see the consensus was it did more to make Kya look good rather than Zaheer. The same was true during forum discussion here (at that time). Several, including AcidRain felt it made Zaheer seem like less of a threat because Kya did too well against him.

Edited by FongShwei69, 01 April 2020 - 02:30 PM.

• YoWid likes this

#244 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 02:02 PM

Late reply (lost my internet service for over a week): Not necessarily. Two people can train just as hard for the same amount of time and still not be equal in terms of ability. It'd be like saying if Opal trained as long as Jinora, that Opal's skill level would be equal to Jinora's. The determing factor wouldn't be time spent training, it'd be whether or not Opal had the same talent(s) and potential as Jinora, who's a child prodigy. A prodigy who surpassed her father's ability at only 11 years old. If an 11 year old can outclass an adult airbending master, that's proof enough that time alone wouldn't necessarily improve Zaheer's chances against Tenzin.

Also:

Kya's showing against Zaheer was very impressive, to say she's a healer. If you need further proof, browse the comments section of that vid and you'll see the consensus was it did more to make Kya look good rather than Zaheer. The same was true during forum discussion here (at that time). Several, including AcidRain felt it made Zaheer seem like less of a threat because Kya did too well against him.

Agree with some points but at the end of the day these are people with how many years ? Decades of training with bending ? I would expect them to put up a fight ( disagree in her case personally, wasn’t impressed at all ) against someone whose been a bender for half a day

#245 YoWid

YoWid

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 April 2020 - 03:54 AM

@Blue22 @FongSwei69

Agreed, Zaheer is a natural when it comes to airbending, with same amount and length of training as Tenzin's, he'd curb-stomp most, if not all foolish enough to fight him 1 versus 1 (excepting, arguably, Toph).

Totally unrelated, his wisdom and meditation prowess plus astral-like projection skill reminded me a lot of Darth Vectivus' force-phantom generating ability.

• KUROkami likes this

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

#246 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 03:47 PM

Agreed, Zaheer is a natural when it comes to airbending, with same amount and length of training as Tenzin's, he'd curb-stomp most, if not all foolish enough to fight him 1 versus 1 (excepting, arguably, Toph).

It doesn't work that way. Ask Andy Bogard, he's mastered two martial arts styles and he's trained longer than Terry. Yet, Terry still beats him every time.

Likewise, Tenzin has trained nearly his entire life and still got shown up by his 11 year old daughter. Just as Hama (who discovered bloodbending) got shown up by a 14 year old girl, during that 14 year old's very first lesson. The same can be said of Suyin, who lost soundly to Kuvira, despite taking Kuvira in as a child and personally training her. So age and time spent training don't mean jack as far as who would beat whom.

Edited by FongShwei69, 19 April 2020 - 04:15 PM.

#247 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:10 PM

His 11 year old daughter didn’t show him up...she knows a move he doesn’t know ...she can’t beat him in a battle or anything, & yeah time spent training means a WHOLE lot ...this coming from a boxer lol

#248 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:34 PM

His 11 year old daughter didn’t show him up...she knows a move he doesn’t know ...she can’t beat him in a battle or anything, & yeah time spent training means a WHOLE lot ...this coming from a boxer lol

Yes, she did. That's why Jinora became Korra's spirit guide instead of him: because Tenzin didn't know how to cross over into the Spirit World, despite training his entire life for it. The man said so himself. It was also Jinora who aided Korra during her battle with Dark Avatar Unalaq. And it was Jinora who ultimately stopped Zaheer, because she lead the other Air Nomads to do it. It was the moment Tenzin realized and finally accepted that Jinora was already a master - at age 11.

Saying she didn't show him up is disregarding all canon to the contrary.

Also, if time and experience were all it took, Hama would've never lost to Katara and Su wouldn't have lost to Kuvira. But it still happened both times.

#249 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:55 AM

https://youtu.be/euWjlkLatog
  • FongShwei69 likes this

#250 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 05:18 AM

So do you guys think a firebender could bend Ace (from OP) since he's made of fire?

#251 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:04 AM

So do you guys think a firebender could bend Ace (from OP) since he's made of fire?

Yes. I would pay to see it, would be a good laugh.

#252 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 01:53 AM

Good. After all the bitching and whining by the ATLA fandom and constantly bashing Korra for the loss of her past lives, I'm glad to hear that Bryke is sticking to their guns and making it final. Something like that should have lasting consequences. And l'm glad to see Korra handled it sagely by leaving a written record for her future incarnations. Good stuff. I'll have to pick up a copy once it becomes available.

#253 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 09:17 AM

Didn’t Aang loose connections to his past life already? From what I remembered he was able to reconnect with them

#254 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:06 AM

Didn’t Aang loose connections to his past life already? From what I remembered he was able to reconnect with them

Aang wasn't separated from Raava, the chakra poiht that allowed him to enter the Avatar state was temporarily blocked by the scar from Azula's lightning. But he was still able to communicate with his past lives while he was on the Lion Turtle's back. What happened to Korra was completely different: Vaatu pulled Raava out of her, then Unalaq permanently severed her connection to all previous Avatars by destroying them. The end result being that Korra is now the new "first" Avatar, just as Wan was.

#255 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 05:05 PM

If they continue the series I’m sure some future Avatar will reestablish the link between the past lives

#256 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:12 PM

If they continue the series I’m sure some future Avatar will reestablish the link between the past lives

Bryke made it final, it's confirmed in the new book that's being released. It's also the reason Korra has to leave a written record for her future incarnation, because they won't be able to communicate with any of their past lives, including her.

#257 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 02:34 PM

I’m not saying the next incarnation. In the future that’s something that could become an accomplishment of a future avatar. Never know what can happen.

#258 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 07:53 AM

https://youtu.be/WEjjZx1sYrM
  • FongShwei69 likes this

#259 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 12:33 AM

Thank you for this and doubly so for the guy who made it.

So, since I like Kataang, Maiko, and Korra x Kuvira, I believe in keeping things "canon, wholesome, goth/goth, and like women who can kick my *** on request, but morseso". Got it. :laugh:

But he misded a few. What about:
- Jinora x Opal
- Korra x Opal
- Cabbage merchant x cabbages?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users