Photo

The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra (Part 14)

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Book of Avatar Series! (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Book for The Last Airbender?

1. Book 1: Water (1 votes [2.44%])

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

2. Book 2: Earth (13 votes [31.71%])

Percentage of vote: 31.71%

3. Book 3: Fire (27 votes [65.85%])

Percentage of vote: 65.85%

Best Book for Legend of Korra?

1. Book 1: Air (1 votes [2.44%])

2. Book 2: Spirits (1 votes [2.44%])

3. Book 3: Change (30 votes [73.17%])

Percentage of vote: 73.17%

4. Book 4: Balance (9 votes [21.95%])

Percentage of vote: 21.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,200 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:05 PM

Why bother? The vast majority of shounen characters are ridiculously overpowered. The Avatar cast is only 'peak human' at best. Toph doesn't stand a chance.

I'm convinced that they just like to shit on anime characters. their last battle was Kirby vs Majin Buu and Kirby won 

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#22 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:49 PM

People generally underestimated Kirby. I believed he had a decent shot considering he can practically chop a planet in half and has killed plenty of monsters of various levels of strength including enemies that create black holes.

The question is does toph have the power to pierce gaara and his sand defense. It should depend on how fast she can fling metal around the speed of a gunshot. Her chances are slim though.
  • Blue22 likes this

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#23 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:50 PM

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...

Yeah... that wasn't one of m'boy's brighter moments. :lolxg:

#24 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:11 PM

People generally underestimated Kirby. I believed he had a decent shot considering he can practically chop a planet in half and has killed plenty of monsters of various levels of strength including enemies that create black holes.

The question is does toph have the power to pierce gaara and his sand defense. It should depend on how fast she can fling metal around the speed of a gunshot. Her chances are slim though.

^This. I was totally fine with the outcome of the Kirby V. Buu fight because Kirby is a force to be fucking reckoned with. But if you aren't completely familiar with his lore and abilities outside of smash bros, then I could see why one would think he wouldn't stand a chance against Majin Buu since he's more...blatantly destructive. I've always found Death Battle's results to be fairly accurate, even the outcomes I didn't like *cough*ZeldaVSPeach*cough*. So unless they know something about Toph that I don't, then there's no way she's gonna beat Gaara.

Edited by Blue22, 09 January 2015 - 10:16 PM.

#25 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:27 PM

Well for peach they gave her access to her soccer move and she kinda has an irregular move pool. I thought the outcome was somewhat funny and I think most of victory goes to the emotional weapon that allows her to be invulnerable when enraged and sheep.

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#26 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:52 PM

I've always found Death Battle's results to be fairly accurate.

The outcome of Link vs. Cloud was complete bullsh*t.

I like Link, but there's no way in hell he'd beat Cloud one-on-one; much less, in a straight up fight. On top of which, they gave Link access to his arsenal, while limiting Cloud to using the Buster Sword (instead of the First Tsurugi) and only two materia. They even declared Link was stronger because of the gold gauntlets, which are an accessory, rather than Link's own strength. Yet, they disregarded the fact that Cloud can literally cleave through skyscrapers one-handed - without any accessories.

I haven't seen every Death Battle, but that one was far from accurate.
  • Lone_ant likes this

#27 VegaKotes

VegaKotes

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationWaiting for his Kittyspada :3

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:57 PM

ScrewAttack's Deathbattles are a lot like forum debates.

Fun but, outside of the obvious match ups, without creator confirmation there's no way to say for certain that any of their battles are close to how those fights would actually turn out.

Plus I mean it ignores the whole "Plot/PIS vs actual Powers" aspect of most stories.

• FongShwei69 likes this

_wine__noir___dog_days_by_unkawaiigfx-d8

Thanks Zc. :aww:

#28 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:10 PM

The outcome of Link vs. Cloud was complete bullsh*t.

I like Link, but there's no way in hell he'd beat Cloud one-on-one; much less, in a straight up fight. On top of which, they gave Link access to his arsenal, while limiting Cloud to using the Buster Sword (instead of the First Tsurugi) and only two materia. They even declared Link was stronger because of the gold gauntlets, which are an accessory, rather than Link's own strength. Yet, they disregarded the fact that Cloud can literally cleave through skyscrapers one-handed - without any accessories.

I haven't seen every Death Battle, but that one was far from accurate.

I don't know enough about Link or Cloud to pass judgement on it. I should say that the ones with characters that I DO know, have been fairly accurate. Though, I'm not familiar with Blaze Blue and that other game and I still didn't think the most recent fight was right :/

#29 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,200 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:06 AM

I disagree with the Kirby thing. There's no way in hell that Kirby can even remotely keep up with Buu's speed amongst other things

I like ScrewAttack but some of their death battles are complete bullshit

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#30 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:32 AM

I disagree with the Kirby thing. There's no way in hell that Kirby can even remotely keep up with Buu's speed amongst other things

I like ScrewAttack but some of their death battles are complete bullshit

Buu is faster but speed wasn't much of a factor in that fight.

#31 VegaKotes

VegaKotes

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationWaiting for his Kittyspada :3

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:41 AM

Buu is faster but speed wasn't much of a factor in that fight.

Didn't actually watch that one but how could speed *not* be a factor in a fight?

• InExile likes this

_wine__noir___dog_days_by_unkawaiigfx-d8

Thanks Zc. :aww:

#32 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:30 AM

If it's Shippuden Gaara then Toph might be fucked, unfortunately. But that's just my luck when it comes to Death Battles. I think Charizard VS Blastoise VS Venasaur, Kirby VS Buu, and Deadpool VS Deathstroke were the only times where the guy I was rooting for won.

Been done, maybe even on this very site.

Gaara wins solidly in my opinion.

• Peleihno likes this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#33 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:27 PM

Didn't actually watch that one but how could speed *not* be a factor in a fight?

Go watch it. It was actually pretty entertaining :P

Most of the fight was pretty even, with Buu having a little bit of an upper hand. It mostly came down to Kirby being able to either eat or just outright tank Buu's attacks. His endurance was a big factor as well. Sure Buu can pull himself back together when he's torn apart but attacks that break Buu into a million pieces wouldn't leave a scratch on Kirby. So it was basically the same reasoning for the Deadpool VS Deathstroke fight. Both were pretty even in the offense department but one could take and recover from being hit better than the other. Kirby's underestimated because of his appearance and the lightheartedness of his games but the guy's a beast

Edited by Blue22, 10 January 2015 - 02:01 PM.

• Darthwin likes this

#34 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:24 PM

the guy's a beast

the guy's a monster D:

http://therewillbebr...desEpisode1.php

#35 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:45 PM

OH MY GOD :wacko:

• Lone_ant likes this

#36 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:36 AM

Well I say Book 3 Fire the second half is my favorite group of episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender, but as a whole Book 2 Earth is the best season. The first half of Book 3 was just so fillerish and wasted prudental, that being said they had some great episodes like "The Avatar And The Fire Lord". I thought they could have done more with the Team Avatar being undercover and learning more about the Fire Nation. I thought in Book 2, Zuko and Iroh hiding in the Earth Kingdom and Zuko experience development was done much better in comparison to Team Avatar in the first half of Book 3.

They could have played more on the whole Sokka and Katara bitter feelings about the Fire Nation as a whole and learning that they are good people and bad people in the Fire Nation, just like any other place. And they could have set up Aang' internal conflict in the finale, with having an episode in which they are taking in by a nice FN family, similar to Zuko plot in "Cave Of Two Lovers", and the present days plot of "Zuko Alone", and they find out a member of that family was a FN soulder that was killed by kodzilla in the North Pole.

Anyway I was trying to make a comparisson with the strain mother / daughter relationship with Azula and Ultear. And it is similar in a way, granted Ursa is still alive and Ur is dead, but still they both thought their mother didn't love them and that led them to a life of darkness. Heck you can even the roles in Azula's mind that Zuko played being mommy's favorite to Gray and Lyon whe Ultear escaped from the lad and saw Ur with Gray and Lyon. The difference is Ursa is still alive, and Ur is dead, though somehow Ur was able to express her true feelings even though she was dead, and Ultear knew she was doing evil stuff, she falsely thought she would get a re set with Zeref's help, Azula on the other hand she didn't know she was evil.

But the more I think about, while her relationship with her mother might be like Ultear, her relationship with her father is almost exactly like Minerva. Ozai and Jemma they have the mind set of being greedy power hungry egotestial guys, and raised their daughters to think power and strengh is all that matters, and love and friendship is a weakness.

Azula she is a combo in her upbringing in two of Fairy Tail's more twisted messed up evilest villainess in the series.

• Blue22 and YoWid like this

#37 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,311 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:10 PM

There's no way in hell that Kirby can even remotely keep up with Buu's speed amongst other things

From what I saw on that thing Kirby is massively Faster than light, he was flying through galaxies on his star.

Dragon Ball Z characters are only Massively hypersonic.

I didn't watch the entire thing so I dunno if his star was used in the matchup.

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#38 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,200 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:15 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Tokoya, 07 February 2015 - 01:16 PM.

• Blue22 and Ace1225 like this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#39 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,287 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:36 PM

Word on the street is that there is a petition to get Netflix to produce more LoK episodes.

• Petite Fleur and Tokoya like this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#40 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

have them take a break first.then start a new series.new Avatar.new tech.

• Petite Fleur likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users